Well suggestion

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Add 1 second delay before they start pulsing. To all offensive necro and chrono wells.

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

For what reason, you know wells also have other effects that can be effected by traits and skills, combo fields etc.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Considering how strong Wells are something should be changed. 1 second delay before actual damage kicks in is not bad idea.

It is part of larger problem in GW2 where ranged AoE skills are horribly OP.

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Mezmere.3241

Mezmere.3241

First fix CoR before you nerf something as simple as wells. They have a 40s cool-down, and TBH aren’t THAT strong, ele lava font does more on a five second cd, and Rev CoR does FAR MORE on a less cd. as for boon corrupt, that has always been broken.

Want to avoid necro wells? well then don’t step in the giant red circle. Want to avoid CoR? hope you’re lucky

BG – [DwT] Death Watch – Guild Leader

(edited by Mezmere.3241)

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Considering also the long cooldowns and obvious visual effects serving as a warning, a delay before any damage or effects would dramatically reduce its effectiveness

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

First fix CoR before you nerf something as simple as wells. They have a 40s cool-down, and TBH aren’t THAT strong, ele lava font does more on a five second cd, and Rev CoR does FAR MORE on a less cd. as for boon corrupt, that has always been broken.

Some have 28 second cd.

Also, since you claim wells are not that strong, I guess half the WvW population playing wellmancer Necro is clearly picking randomly some weak build so they don’t kill enemy too fast.

It is usually not about single damage number that makes some skill better compared to other. You should consider all the benefits skill provides. For example when you cast well on your frontline pushing forward, it provides Protection to them. Also, they siphon health. And you really only cast the well after target(s) are immobilised.

If you wish to complain about CoR, start new thread and I am happy to argue about why it does not need nerf anymore.

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Ground targeting skills are always the king in WvW. It is really not just the wells.

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

If OP can’t give any context as to why he feels wells need a “nerf,” then I really can’t support the notion. Even so, given the cooldown wells I don’t think they deserve a nerf.

Not trying to offend, but basically you need to ask yourself the following.

Am I frontline specced (2.8 armor min) or backline specced (2.5k power min)?

Am I roaming or zerging when dealing with enemy wells?

Am I open field or in choke when dealing with enemy wells?

Why do you think necros choose to mostly have wells?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Nerfing necro Wells this way would completely ruin most of their use. Wells and staff are the only thing a Nec has for decent group ranged pressure that doesn’t make you a huge target; ie lich form. Base necro has life blast, but running without reaper is a very dangerous thing to do with no stab access. And Wells only see majority use in WvW because no one is dumb enough to stand in one in a small fight. Yes, large AoEs are a problem in WvW, but this isn’t the fix.

And CoR doesn’t need a nerf, it needs a rework along with the rest of rev hammer. There is 0 defending that skill that serves no purpose other than to spam in the background with massive damage on a 4 sec CD. I played rev back liner and spammed CoR for a while, many dead bodies that never knew what happened

Well suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Wells don’t need a nerf. They’re effective only if the enemy is CC’d, otherwise the targets can run out of your bomb. The issue the insane amount of CC in big fights and how often they land since the stability change. The HoT additions didn’t help. Honestly, in big fights, meteor shower is more of a problem simply because of its ridiculous radius.

Whispers with meat.