What Happened To Special Events?

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

What happened to “having fun events” every now and then? I remember someone from Anet saying that there would be stuff to spice up WvW like the golem event! Remember how fun that was?!

If you forgot how fun it was, here you go!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I personally miss daily AP like reviver, recycler, and dodger…….sigh those were the days

WvW is a no fun zone and the fun police will be contacted for your post Tricare.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

When did they say that?
Probably went on the backburner permanently once the golem event showed to be a disaster.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Frost.5017

Frost.5017

When did they say that?
Probably went on the backburner permanently once the golem event showed to be a disaster.

If I recall correctly, I believe it was Grouch that said that they’d be doing more fun event stuff for wvw just before the golem event.

Golem event wouldn’t have been so bad if players hadn’t found a bug to retain the double damage buff from the golems in less than an hour of the event starting. Also a bug to duplicate golems left to run rampant for the entire duration.

Some PR could likely have helped the event by acknowledging the issues and move on. Or go with the option they did: clam up, say nothing and never do an event again. ggwp

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

events death blow – golem week……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

We really need to have another go at the event which dumped players into random matchups. It was so much fun the 10m or so it lasted

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Golem week would actually be pretty funny given the HoT changes. lol condis.

My favorite memory from that particular event was probaly the enemy going all the way up Garrison and put a trading post down to buy more golems. That was just brilliant. My second favorite one was when there was a gamebreaking bug and it was just blatantly ign… never mind.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)