What Happened To WvW?

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

WvW is getting rather stale and repetitive regardless of the server you’re on, each day more and more people are getting bored, same match ups, no balance, bugs, etc.
And nothing new has been added to WvW for months that would revitalize the game play experience.
And I honestly doubt anyone is looking forward to the Season Two.
And no, EOTM is not WvW.

Is WvW a slowly sinking ship?

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

No idea. I play EotM.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Jade Quarry +535
Blackgate +75
Sanctum of Rall +85

EotM sure is doing great things for WvW.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I think WvW dev team is the worst among ANET teams in communicating with players and address real problems in game play. SPvP team got lot of heat but they actually do show up on forum to answer player concerns. WvW team just don’t talk at all and don’t even try to address the “elephant in the room” balance problems in WvW.

Blackgate Engineer

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

Was even worse when I just rechecked it.

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

This is insane. Does Arenanet realize what they’ve done? I really hope they will speak up on this.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I think WvW dev team is the worst among ANET teams in communicating with players and address real problems in game play. SPvP team got lot of heat but they actually do show up on forum to answer player concerns. WvW team just don’t talk at all and don’t even try to address the “elephant in the room” balance problems in WvW.

Seriously, just scrap WvW already and make some tweaks to EoTM.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What’s the point?
Lets assume you stack your server, have 660PPT all the time and win each weak until you have no one to fight anymore.
I doubt that would be fun.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Qaelyn.7612

What is the point of EotM by itself?

1. If I want to fight for my server, WvW is far better.
2. If I want loot, PvE is far better.
3. If I want serious PvP where my skill matters, tPvP is far better.

Fine, EotM appeals to certain playstyles. But I really think most of the people there right now are there only because of unfixed problems with real WvW. The solution is to fix them, not destroy what could be a great playstyle for no reason.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Fine, EotM appeals to certain playstyles. But I really think most of the people there right now are there only because of unfixed problems with real WvW. The solution is to fix them, not destroy what could be a great playstyle for no reason.

EoTM fixes the #1 problem though, coverage issues.

No more waking up in the morning to see that your enemy is ticking at 400 ppt all night giving them a 10k point lead everyday.

You log in, fight, log out. Points have no bearing, ppt has no bearing. At this point it is juet a group of friends (guilds) playing together when and if they feel like it.

WvW felt like a job, a duty to your server. EoTM takes the job out of WvW, which I believe everyone wanted.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

What I heard is that JQ is stacked to the max with bandwagoners, so Eotm is not bad for the other 2 servers, good alternative to not get blobbed 24/7.

And WvW actually gets a lot of love, A LOT. Eotm IS for WvW, you remember people complaining about queues? That they were bored and didn’t have anything to do? They created an entire waiting map for that. And they fixed the queue and added a position in queue.

Let’s look back, ranks got added, siege improved, masteries, w exp from drops, better loot (from chests), soon we get account bound w exp.

They actually do listen and add a lot of stuff. I am sure a better integration of the commander icon will come soon aswel.

If you stack your server and expect people to stay when they get blobbed 24/7 than you are pretty wrong, move to another server, my server is still getting great fights in WvW. Eotm ain’t that noticable.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

As fun as EotM can be at times, unless Anet makes drastic changes to WvWvW classic, the mode will continue to spiral, not every server is losing players to transfers and the game is only going to get older and less hyped.

24/7 scoring for a whole week, to the point where people are taking “shifts” commanding and then add all the siege building/refreshing, upgrade buying, tower hugging involved, yikes lol no thanks! WvWvW classic needs to amputate a couple limbs or die.

Whispers with meat.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Things are just fine in EU. If things are that bad in NA switch to EU servers…trust me during NA primetime there is plenty of action going on

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

No, not everyone hates wvw and not everyone likes eotm. If you like one or the other then do whichever, nothing needs to be scrapped just more serious work on tweaks to both.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

It seems that they didn’t expect that WvW will be so much liked that will become the main game mode for a large part of their players. GW2 servers were not planned out around a 24/24h WvW game mode, splitting the player base between EU and NA become a major problem. Also counting players that never or very rarely play WvW into server population numbers, shows that WvW was never considered the main game mode. This is a mainly PvE game, or heavily focused on PvE, the sPvP and WvW are just secondary — sad for WvW players, but true.

Unless they redesign this completely, starting with servers — or create a WvW focused expansion, the current PPT and World based fighting “for your own world, realm, server” will suffer (and slowly die, numbers continuosly dropping, that’s not news anymore).

EotM is not WvW, it’s color vs. color maybe. I won’t play that ever, and many feel the same – I play only for my realm, never for bags or killing or my own glory… That means that even less players will remain, but at least for those who like it, will be less frustration.

The fault is partly ours, because we took WvW for something that is not – a RvR type game. At least is not focused on that, build around that. But we had no other game, so GW2 was what it was, with great fun sometimes. Now we slowly start to say goodbye, looking forward to meet again one day and clash under RvR banners. Thanks for the fights PvP hearts, don’t give up your dreams, hope never dies!

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

EoTM will likely be deserted in a few weeks and what’ll WvW have? The same-old-same-old. That’s the real problem.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EoTM will likely be deserted in a few weeks and what’ll WvW have? The same-old-same-old. That’s the real problem.

You think that 27 server don’t have enough players fill couple EotM maps?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You think that 27 server don’t have enough players fill couple EotM maps?

My prediction, it’ll generally have one map that’s not full (two to three weeks after the PvE players leave).

Unless some sort of karma/WXP train becomes popular there for whatever reason — that’s somewhat unlikely, but always possible when new maps are released.

Edit: I just noticed you were EU — I’m talking NA… I really have no idea how the game is played in EU.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: cortin.9174

cortin.9174

What I heard is that JQ is stacked to the max with bandwagoners, so Eotm is not bad for the other 2 servers, good alternative to not get blobbed 24/7.

And WvW actually gets a lot of love, A LOT. Eotm IS for WvW, you remember people complaining about queues? That they were bored and didn’t have anything to do? They created an entire waiting map for that. And they fixed the queue and added a position in queue.

Let’s look back, ranks got added, siege improved, masteries, w exp from drops, better loot (from chests), soon we get account bound w exp.

They actually do listen and add a lot of stuff. I am sure a better integration of the commander icon will come soon aswel.

If you stack your server and expect people to stay when they get blobbed 24/7 than you are pretty wrong, move to another server, my server is still getting great fights in WvW. Eotm ain’t that noticable.

Yup, take EOTM away, people would simply not play the game as much. Nobody wants to get blobbed 24/7. EOTM provides escape and a chance to still have fun given these already lopsided, whacked matches. Some servers can just summon humongous zergs all hours of day & night, it’s pointless to play into the system during those match ups.

EOTM is just a cop out, a fodder, for those blaming it for WvW problems. Those issues in WvW have existed for quite some time now.

(edited by cortin.9174)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Well what happen to WvW is that EotM gave servers that were not happy with the status quo a way out.

Thanks to EotM, no server don’t has to deal with the situation in T1 NA anymore. I obviously, can’t speak for other regions and tiers.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

Well what happen to WvW is that EotM gave servers that were not happy with the status quo a way out.

Thanks to EotM, no server don’t has to deal with the situation in T1 NA anymore. I obviously, can’t speak for other regions and tiers.

I think that is exactly the problem with EotM, that it allows escape from WvW. The problem with this is that any server that does not have a chance at winning has the potential to have a majority of its players pulled into EotM. While this sounds like a blessing, I would consider it more of a curse. This has the potential to lead to matches that are even more dead than they are now, with only 1 (maybe 2) servers fighting it out in earnest. Thus, WvW maps will be inundated by players from one server while the others will provide very few people to fight ->the game becomes even more PvD and karma trains. That is a game I don’t want to play.

Maguuma WvW

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

simple.

if you want to karma train go WvW.

if you’re looking for real fight, go EotM.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

This is insane. Does Arenanet realize what they’ve done? I really hope they will speak up on this.

What do you expect them to do. People cry and cry about queues, now they give us a map that solves that. People cry for a new map, we get one. It’s the person’s choice where they want to play. It’s like asking Anet to remove EB because nobody plays the borderlands. You have no argument.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

What do you expect them to do. People cry and cry about queues, now they give us a map that solves that.

If EOTM was purely an overflow map it would be OK but its not. Thats the issue.

People cry for a new map, we get one.

People wanted a new map as part of the normal WvW this is not that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

The ship is cruising the bottom of the mariana trench

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: katripper.5630

katripper.5630

It would most definitely not be ok if EOTM was purely an overflow map. Where would that leave us mid-tier servers?
The current maps also need a redesign. They should either redo the borderlands so that a server has a desert themed bl, another has a snowy bl, another has a swamp/forest bl. They could also add in extra maps with different textures – coastal bl, highlands bl, jungle bl. Each would have a different layout with different tactical advantages that would (hopefully) be balanced. Even as a mostly cosmetic change, it would make wvw a lot more refreshing, speaking for myself.

Ulumuri/Trash Boat/Fairweather Scrub
Crystal Desert

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

EotM is the format WvW should be following, scrap the server pride… I can live without that. Anet should be putting the lime light on all the great guilds that come out to fight everyday, because guilds are what make WvW what it is!

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Regular WvW has become increasingly untenable. Players are spread out over too many servers, and there’s too much of a disparity between the players that are still serious about PPT, and those who only want to have fun and fight other players / guilds. Many of the latter have abandoned regular WvW for EotM, or hot join blobs, whatever it is. Anet has only exacerbated these flaws by:

1. Never addressing what the role of guilds in wvw is, giving them any recognition or material reward for playing well as a group.

2. Making siege mechanics far worse with WXP abilities. Rarely is there an even, hard fought siege these days. It’s either a k-train with an insurmountable blob doing PvD, or an upgraded keep that has a nearly insurmountable amount of siege, plus the WP bug and war banners to deal with if you do spend hours getting inside. Most groups will map hop or wait for coverage gaps rather than commit to a long siege.

3. Disparity between roaming and zerging builds. Most of the best roaming builds / classes are almost useless in a zerg, while players with a zerg build are almost useless trying to roam or fight roamers. If you want to do both with the same character, you pretty much have to carry around 2 sets of gear, 2 sets of cons, pay to reset your traits every time you want to change roles, and manually set traits. Only the most avid WvW players will commit to this, and it’s almost completely unrealistic with ascended gear (and so are alts).

4. Long line of broken promises, terrible communication, general lack of care. We’re going to fix the commander system, do something about equipment acquisition, better reward scouts, just to name a few. Whoever is responsible for WvW PR has either been reassigned or spends 39.5 hours a week playing flappy bird under their desk.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

nothing. those who like to pvdoor and hang around inside keeps can keep playing pve to their hearts’ content! The rest of us who like to fight live players are staying in Eotm. have fun all!

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

What do you expect them to do. People cry and cry about queues, now they give us a map that solves that.

If EOTM was purely an overflow map it would be OK but its not. Thats the issue.

People cry for a new map, we get one.

People wanted a new map as part of the normal WvW this is not that.

This is all very easy for you to say coming from JQ. Queues are an issue for you I would imagine, might be because you are on a T1 server, not sure, maybe a contributing factor…. People who want a new map as part of the normal wvw are people like you, T1 zerglings. Your server can handle another map to cover, but all other servers would struggle. Adding a new map that contributed towards the score would only make population imbalances worse than they are now.

My main issue with EOTM, is not that it takes people from wvw, but the fact it’s multiple servers on one team. Being on EU this can make organization extremely difficult due to language barriers, not to mention there is no active teamspeak or other chat clients to use. My experiences in EOTM have been unorganized chaos so far, which is a shame, because I really like the new map and features it introduced.

Bottom line is that Anet simply gave us a new option on how to play wvw. It’s a choice whether you want to play the same old wvw, or try out the brand new EOTM. It’s only natural that it will be extremely popular the first couple of weeks it’s out. Even still, if it turns out to be more popular than the old wvw, then that says something about what people want. You can’t blame Anet for people wanting to have fun in a better game mode.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

EoTM is not WvW. It is a more casual game mode that will replace WvW if no changes are made.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Let’s see here, Anet has done nothing to stop over-stacking on a server and neither has it done enough to keep Communities together, or to ensure wvw populations are balanced. What they give us a new map where servers can stack on instead of filling one of the Main Borderlands – EB remains populated at least over here in the EU.

It’s new and different, but it isn’t going to replace wvw – it is it’s own instance and offers a different style of gameplay. It brings a language barrier for us on the EU, the only thing most players understand is how to follow a Commander Tag, otherwise you can imagine it being mayhem to organize especially with all sorts of players hopping in for Achievements and Rewards .

Stuff we do daily as dedicated commanders and wvwers is draining, I think it’s great to see such Pride but it’s almost like a second job. Some even complain about Defensive siege yet it is impossible to defend when you face Coverage superior to yours especially with the current Match-Up system.

Us European afaik are getting some varied Match-Ups, we get to face different styles of servers and Guilds which is great, maybe it’s not been so kind for you NA peeps but what we absolutely share in disapproving of is the Coverage Wars.

When Desolation (Tier 4) faces a Server like Jade Sea in Tier 2 (now), by the time the weekend is over the Match-Up is done. All we have to play for is pride, but it is true that it’s not worth losing sleep over when you face superior numbers at certain hours.
We’d all like to fight on equal terms but wvw is generally not balanced well.

Guilds and Players need to be encouraged to avoid over-stacking in EoTM itself, it should be an alternative but not a replacement.
It’ll make the map much more enjoyable overall and differentiate it from wvw, I’d like to see much less Zerging really nevermind PvD and all that.

Anyway, personally I am still finding plenty of good fights over here in the EU on the Borderlands and EB; from Big to Small scale fights despite the introduction of EoTM. Somebody suggested re-designing the Borderlands, but they did – the Bloodlust Areas were actually a good addition apart from the valid QQ over it’s Bonuses given towards a server.

If I were Anet though I’d delay League Season 2 unless they can make wvw a Competition where everyone or most of us is on a level playing field, otherwise it may well just split the player-base even more.

I think even though they may be making baby step towards the right moves you have to question their final thought process when bringing out new content, not only their bug testing >_>
Sorry I got carried away there.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

EotM is new and exciting and people are trying it out so there’s going to be a period of flux. A lot of the ‘Doom and Gloom’ points in this thread appear from BG players which is worth pointing out. Most people however are taking the new changes in their stride.

It will be interesting to see how things progress over the next few months. But calling WvW a problem with the recent addition of EotM is a big unnecessary QQ.

People have been asking for additions to WvW -.-

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I actually wonder if WvW might not be better served by a shift to colour vs colour as EotM does it, rather than sticking with the current system. Server pride is all well and good, but there’s more variability, more bodies and more non-stop action when you pool a big bunch of servers together.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

EoTM is not WvW. It is a more casual game mode that will replace WvW if no changes are made.

lol. how is it not wvw? just because you don’t like it?

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Where have you been for the last year? These forums have been full of players literally BEGGING ANet to address key problems with WvW. Virtually all were ignored, and instead of fixes we got additions we neither asked for nor wanted. The solutions for WvW have been there all along … no reason I can think of to believe that ANet will suddenly decide to embrace them.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Jade Quarry +595
Blackgate +50
Sanctum of Rall +50

What do you expect them to do. People cry and cry about queues, now they give us a map that solves that. People cry for a new map, we get one. It’s the person’s choice where they want to play. It’s like asking Anet to remove EB because nobody plays the borderlands. You have no argument.

What part of “what we really want is for ANet to fix WvW” did you not understand?? WvW could and should be the superior PvP mode compared with EOTM (more extensive strategy, cleaner maps, less PvE, larger scale, more focused objectives, etc) but it has been crippled by an ignorantly designed matchmaking system and all it took was EOTM to prove the point. You act like we should be happy we got a turkey sandwich to replace the Thanksgiving Day meal that got ruined.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Sanduskel.1850

Ruined? Lol how is it ruined? People playing where they want constitutes ruined wvw? I don’t understand.

OP’d thief, lol

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Pretty much. I think we both know thats how logic works on these forums.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

nirvana.8245

What I have found thus far is you go in with a guild. Farms pugs and bad players. Full cap the map and get bored. There is no defending and no point in doing so because any organized force will wipe the map just like my guild and other guilds I raid with do. Something we rarely achieve in WvW. Because the people in WvW are organized and fight for PPT. EoTM is just a casuals/PvE/PvX zone. Good farming though.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

It was said that this would happen but you was all like “EoTM is effing amazing, thank you Anet” “We love you Anet, Thumbs up for EoTm”

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

Me and GW2 (WvW) is like a love-hate relationship.. I’ve already quit a couple of times because the whole “mass-epic-scale” is not my cup of tea. I like organised fights (not sPvP where crowd control matters more than actually wiping a group of players).

I know WvW was intended to be blobby fights.. but
1) Up until today, the engine can still not handle this
2) I personally don’t see how spamming 1 and running is a blob is skillful, all you need is the appropriate gear, build.. and you basically spam most of your skills. It’s nothing like GW1 PvP was like, the game I still praise upon this very day.. I guess it wasn’t casual enough. Casual means a bigger playerbase, naturally means more cash.. and I’m kinda sad GW2 choose that path, pvp-wise. PvE wise this game is the best game I’ve played by far. PvP it is a tragedy.
3) WvW still plays like PvE, it is SO forgiving if you run with higher numbers than your opponents, mass rally, quick ressing (cmon now, two guys can pick you up in like a second)

WvW today, no one cares about points anymore, good guilds only care about wiping blobs and having “good” fights, that is a sad evolution but it happens because your work is being wiped regardless. If servers were more balanced, it would be about the points again, you’d fight with even equipment..

All of this is my own opinion, btw.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

nirvana.8245

Me and GW2 (WvW) is like a love-hate relationship.. I’ve already quit a couple of times because the whole “mass-epic-scale” is not my cup of tea. I like organised fights (not sPvP where crowd control matters more than actually wiping a group of players).

2) I personally don’t see how spamming 1 and running is a blob is skillful, all you need is the appropriate gear, build.. and you basically spam most of your skills. It’s nothing like GW1 PvP was like, the game I still praise upon this very day.. I guess it wasn’t casual enough. Casual means a bigger playerbase, naturally means more cash.. and I’m kinda sad GW2 choose that path, pvp-wise. PvE wise this game is the best game I’ve played by far. PvP it is a tragedy.
3) WvW still plays like PvE, it is SO forgiving if you run with higher numbers than your opponents, mass rally, quick ressing (cmon now, two guys can pick you up in like a second)

WvW today, no one cares about points anymore, good guilds only care about wiping blobs and having “good” fights, that is a sad evolution but it happens because your work is being wiped regardless. If servers were more balanced, it would be about the points again, you’d fight with even equipment..

I agree, but with one exception. You see, there alot of guilds that claim they only care about fights. The truth is they are mediocre guilds who play in their own optimal conditions. The driving force behind not fighting in your optimal conditions is PPT. You get strategically placed in a situation where you have to fight if you want that PPT. The truly good guilds in this game are both in it for the fights and the PPT.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

I agree, but with one exception. You see, there alot of guilds that claim they only care about fights. The truth is they are mediocre guilds who play in their own optimal conditions. The driving force behind not fighting in your optimal conditions is PPT. You get strategically placed in a situation where you have to fight if you want that PPT. The truly good guilds in this game are both in it for the fights and the PPT.

I’m on Gunnar’s Hold right now (altho I often change servers to keep things interesting).. we often find ourselves solo at home border “defending”, 20 vs two blobs of 60+

That is WvW in a nutshell, everyday. GH obviously has blobs too but my point is, I rarely see anything skillful happen in WvW, I see less and less WvW guilds roaming about, it seems to be about gathering in a massive blob and play PvD because no one is defending anyways.

I actually think people farm WvW again due to the dragonite ore change lol, I was surprised myself when I got 20 ores from lord. -_-

You can farm WvW in non peak hours and get stacked with this, way faster than you would in PvE.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

when people have more fun in etom than how is eotm bad?

this dont even make sense

people play what is fun for them and when they dont coem to your wvw anymore than reason is your wvw sux and is not fun for them

playermade problems – nothing more

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: CYB.9012

CYB.9012

I’m on Gunnar’s Hold right now (altho I often change servers to keep things interesting).. we often find ourselves solo at home border “defending”, 20 vs two blobs of 60+

That is WvW in a nutshell, everyday. GH obviously has blobs too but my point is, I rarely see anything skillful happen in WvW, I see less and less WvW guilds roaming about, it seems to be about gathering in a massive blob and play PvD because no one is defending anyways.

I actually think people farm WvW again due to the dragonite ore change lol, I was surprised myself when I got 20 ores from lord. -_-

You can farm WvW in non peak hours and get stacked with this, way faster than you would in PvE.

This is happening when Jade Sea (FR) is involved, or any other overpopulated realm. They are wining just by having numbers.

I am pointing the finger because this is a matchmaking issue, not a core WvW gameplay issue.

You can’t really compete with a realm that has blobs 24/7. They have a queue at 3am.
That’s a downer for most players. Commanders included.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Fact:
People are already taking EotM too seriously. It’s a frickin’ waiting room with pretty wall paper… Fight until Q is up or fight to kill time before you do something else. Don’t stress others to protect stuff or to obey the pin. It’s where people should be going to unwind not to deal with more orders.

Also, it’s kind of funny how suddenly so many people are saying there’s a problem in WvW because JQ are winning. BG’s logic: “Oh! EotM is s00per fun and kewl, bring yo friendz! :O, but JQ is winning?! HOW CAN THAT BE. WvW is brokin guise.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Where have you been for the last year? :P

Of course it is, the only reason that so many WvW players are now spending more of their time in eotm is that like any other game, players want new content. Eotm has been the only real new content to the game since anet filled up the lake in the BL maps.

So many players have left the game over the year due to a lack of updates and fixes, some obviously would have come back to see how eotm is like, but may not stay long. So eotm will keep a few players playing, but eventually again will get bored when yet again we dont see any new updates for another 6-12 months!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

What I have found thus far is you go in with a guild. Farms pugs and bad players. Full cap the map and get bored. There is no defending and no point in doing so because any organized force will wipe the map just like my guild and other guilds I raid with do. Something we rarely achieve in WvW. Because the people in WvW are organized and fight for PPT. EoTM is just a casuals/PvE/PvX zone. Good farming though.

Amen brother. If there is one mistake ANET made with EotM it is being able to pull in your friends trough the Overflow system. We pull our 30-40ish people in. We decimate the enemy. We farm the enemy. All the people on an enemy commander who don’t know we’re on the map yet? They die faster than I can tag most of them. Enemies left the overflow after wiping 2-3 times? Switch overflow, rinse and repeat. Hell just get into the enemy keep, leave the wp open and may the farm begin.

There is NOTHING to stop us. There is no reason for the enemy to try stopping us. In EotM atm there are two kinds of people – the farmers and the bags. Why would I stay in EotM as part of an unorganized force facing a guild or a server group in TS? I won’t kill anyone and I am not helping my server defending keeps in EotM against overwhelming forces. Spherical “fun” of defending? Have fun spending half an hour solo sieging up a keep in EotM, pouring a lot of your own money into it on the way and even then you will only be able to stop a PUG group, with luck.

I don’t see roaming as an option either. I am not talking about glorious 1v1-duels-look-at-my-youtube-video roaming. I’m talking scouting, cutting supply in the enemy back lines, destroying siege in towers with your well placed AC or even treb, supply trapping an advancing enemy blob. All the dirty tricks a roamer has to make the enemy blob commander start cursing in his TS. There is too little space and most of the places are too narrow to avoid getting caught by a large enemy advance . Not to mention you can’t cut the enemy supply since there are no cows and the enemy keep supply camp is behind the first friggin wall. So yeah. No real roaming in EotM.

Take away the ability to join up a friends overflow, make it real pug land. Then and only then EotM might become something more than a bag farm.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Well Eotm is build for zerging, door hp alone is a good example for that.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

What Happened To WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

I’m not sure exactly how to suggest that it be done, but it seems like there has to be some sort of fusion of the new match up and overflow mechanics from EOTM with the persistent victory conditions of static WvW that would bring action back to the old maps. Somewhere in the mess of all this, there has to be some sort of match up system that will defeat the tendency for people to just stack servers and blob the opposition down week after week, until the lowest ranked server in each group just gives up and leaves.