What Stab has done to GvG/fight guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Hahaha i find it funny how guilds, publicly considered “top guilds” now get steamrolled because mellee thinks they can get carried by stability while still jumping in all the kitten on the ground. The fact that 75%+ of a “pro guild group” was always a mellee ball that was able to get carried by spamming shouts/cleanses/stab randomly was ridiculous.
I think now the risk of plainly “jumping in” is much more balanced than before.

The blobbing incentive is higher now I aggree but that has always been because of an AOE cap. Now it has just become more apparent.

Hahahaha u really don’t know a thing. Before the patch u had to co-op stabil etc. now too, but now u get it out of u in less than 1 sec so blobs just eat u. Zerg vs Zerg is still possible, no1 said no, but it is much more boring now since when u put up stab u lose it before reaching enemy jumping in is now less balanced since u can’t do it at all, or just jump and get out instantly cos of cc spam and dead. Also this nerfed meele and now all i see at borders are guardian / eles / necros. Warriors are out of question cos going meele with wariors is instant dead.

ps. looks like I can’t call someone pver or blober anymore cos then my post is getting reported lol…

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

Hahaha i find it funny how guilds, publicly considered “top guilds” now get steamrolled because mellee thinks they can get carried by stability while still jumping in all the kitten on the ground. The fact that 75%+ of a “pro guild group” was always a mellee ball that was able to get carried by spamming shouts/cleanses/stab randomly was ridiculous.
I think now the risk of plainly “jumping in” is much more balanced than before.

Kasteros is right. Even melee takes skills, only thing that is not skill is 1 1 1 1 spam, but every profession does that… I reviewed my guild raids from different professions POV and they were all spamming 1 randomly – but thats it. Thats where yoloskillspam ends. If you are good player you will use all your other skills reasonably.

From my own experience I can say there are certain servers and enemy commanders with blobs who are weak. It does not take much to defeat them. When I have such servers in my matchup I relax, spam 1 and collect my loot. Then strong server/enemy comes along and even with my ptv guard I have to focus the kitten up during the fights and pay attention to everything around me… otherwise when enemy pushes they just steamroll through me. Basically when you make one mistake, wrong dodge, you are 90% dead…

And now its even worse with stab that vanishes the moment I pop it up

There is nothing easier than making a mistake as a melee and die instantly when enemy pushes. When you dont die instantly when enemy pushes you either have very weak enemy against you or you are warrior with defy pain trait (automatic endure pain)

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

“Skill groups” are not some incredible show of skill. Maybe the very best “skill groups” have players that are somewhat skilled but the vast majority (90%+) are just your average WvW zerglings abusing game mechanics by nuthugging each other and pressing 1 on whatever is in front of them.

The stability changes are a great first step but I hope ArenaNet removes AoE cap or something to finally kill off the way they play completely.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

So much QQ about the great change to stability.

If you think blobs are so bad with 0 skill and your group is so good then you shouldn’t be QQing on the forums. You should have no problems fighting the ‘’noob blob’’.

If you can’t fight the blob now after the stab change, then I have bad news for you. You were just wining because you had more guardians and stability were carring you…

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I want to bring up an ideal of immunity to a type of condition any type would do how dose that play out for the class that has this immunity and how dose it play out for the class that is build on using the condition that has no effect on a class. Its a balancing issue the old paper rock scissors but in a game where you cant swap between these 3 types you need some type of “yes you can destroy this class but it can still out play you and win.” What dose having this immunity mean?

I feel that pure hard counters to any type of cc contention dmg type etc.. comply rolls over the ideal of any type of real balances in a complex game where a player is locked into a “class job etc..” and not able to chose a rock or paper as needed. Stab was that type of hard counter and was made worst due to number of classes that gave stab to other players.

IF stab was a pure self only having a set cd and duration that could only be changed by what you and you alone have set up for on the lines of build in game play that lets all heroes stab for x sec on a cd of x the same for every class etc.. (some games use burn a restores to do so) then it would be ok to keep stab passive effect as it was. But once you add in the ability for other players to push out a boon that stop many skills and effects from doing any thing then the effect becomes broken and less of “use as needed” but more of “must have up all the time because you can.”

It was a needed changes because it crated a “must have on all the time with out any real cost” effect making a class a pure immunity to an effect that hard counter many classes effects and ability to the point of restriction to builds etc.. Its like making rock able to give paper stand making paper into stand paper making scissors into a non viable chose.

Yeap, now many classes counter meele Also stab wasn’t “must have”, u had to time it and pray to not get boon reap, now u put up stabil and lose it in 0,001 sec during blob fights so in result no1 go melee and warirors are out of question now( guardian can bomb from range with staffs), they can either solo bomb with rifle, hunt down papers – which isn’t good too since u have too slow burst in compare to ccs up on u when u do so or take LB – probably worst wepaon skilsl in the game – 3. is goign over slow, 1. no dmg at all, enemy get out of f1 before u even cast it. So yes, the change was needed to bring here all those range players form otehr games cos gw2 is supporting rnage only now

Even melee counter melee you do not seem to get it when you have boons that simply stop every thing for a long time your wasting lot of tools for all classes. No one melee bombs at the start of the fight unless they have the drop on some one becuse coming in from a ranges melee are at a disadvantage as they should be because they are MELEE. No short cd and long duration ability should just let you walk though countless ability that ppl put down it was and op thing and to say it was needed is to ask for some classes to simply be better then others.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

“Skill groups” are not some incredible show of skill. Maybe the very best “skill groups” have players that are somewhat skilled but the vast majority (90%+) are just your average WvW zerglings abusing game mechanics by nuthugging each other and pressing 1 on whatever is in front of them.

The stability changes are a great first step but I hope ArenaNet removes AoE cap or something to finally kill off the way they play completely.

Can’t tell if this is a troll post or what lol.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I want to bring up an ideal of immunity to a type of condition any type would do how dose that play out for the class that has this immunity and how dose it play out for the class that is build on using the condition that has no effect on a class. Its a balancing issue the old paper rock scissors but in a game where you cant swap between these 3 types you need some type of “yes you can destroy this class but it can still out play you and win.” What dose having this immunity mean?

I feel that pure hard counters to any type of cc contention dmg type etc.. comply rolls over the ideal of any type of real balances in a complex game where a player is locked into a “class job etc..” and not able to chose a rock or paper as needed. Stab was that type of hard counter and was made worst due to number of classes that gave stab to other players.

IF stab was a pure self only having a set cd and duration that could only be changed by what you and you alone have set up for on the lines of build in game play that lets all heroes stab for x sec on a cd of x the same for every class etc.. (some games use burn a restores to do so) then it would be ok to keep stab passive effect as it was. But once you add in the ability for other players to push out a boon that stop many skills and effects from doing any thing then the effect becomes broken and less of “use as needed” but more of “must have up all the time because you can.”

It was a needed changes because it crated a “must have on all the time with out any real cost” effect making a class a pure immunity to an effect that hard counter many classes effects and ability to the point of restriction to builds etc.. Its like making rock able to give paper stand making paper into stand paper making scissors into a non viable chose.

Yeap, now many classes counter meele Also stab wasn’t “must have”, u had to time it and pray to not get boon reap, now u put up stabil and lose it in 0,001 sec during blob fights so in result no1 go melee and warirors are out of question now( guardian can bomb from range with staffs), they can either solo bomb with rifle, hunt down papers – which isn’t good too since u have too slow burst in compare to ccs up on u when u do so or take LB – probably worst wepaon skilsl in the game – 3. is goign over slow, 1. no dmg at all, enemy get out of f1 before u even cast it. So yes, the change was needed to bring here all those range players form otehr games cos gw2 is supporting rnage only now

Even melee counter melee you do not seem to get it when you have boons that simply stop every thing for a long time your wasting lot of tools for all classes. No one melee bombs at the start of the fight unless they have the drop on some one becuse coming in from a ranges melee are at a disadvantage as they should be because they are MELEE. No short cd and long duration ability should just let you walk though countless ability that ppl put down it was and op thing and to say it was needed is to ask for some classes to simply be better then others.

Emmm long time? 5 secs is long time? Also u could easly take it off with wells / cb etc. Yeah they are meel and they can’t do anything now. This shouldn’t be like that. Why they can’t do anything? Cos of AOE CC SPAM. Agian Short cd? – if 50 cd skill that give u 5 sec boon is long duration skill then what is short duration? 1 sec? Again u don’t play warrior u don’t understand a thing, simple as that. 3/4 of ppl qqing here about new stabs are MEELE, since they can’t play meele at all now. So tell me if range is disadvantage for meele then stabil changes are ven greater since they can’t meele now cos of lack of it – they lose ALL stacks in less than 1 sec when going in. Yesterday our comm stopped going melee totally cos of too many ccs on his way – he wasn’t brainlessly rushing in though all ccs, he w8ed till they throwed it then rushed by other side and…they had even more ccs to put…THAT is the point. But again if u don’t play meele wariror now afetr changes u don’t understand a thing.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

The problem with wvw isn’t the stab changes. The problem is what we as players turned it into and how the only thing we want is bags. Granted this is due to the fact you can wvw for hours a day and get for all practical purposes no rewards. There is no real reason to defend. Those are things that anet can and should address but what they can’t do it s break up the ac fights and the 80v80 lag blob 1 spam travesty people call a fight. The stab changes just make this slightly more difficult but in smaller scale fight the stab changes have been negligible. Not saying that you should change your play style if thats your thing hell go for it but because it has become more difficult to 1 spam shouldn’t be a complaint. The game has become easy enough as it is.

President of Believegate

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Emmm long time? 5 secs is long time? Also u could easly take it off with wells / cb etc. Yeah they are meel and they can’t do anything now. This shouldn’t be like that. Why they can’t do anything? Cos of AOE CC SPAM. Agian Short cd? – if 50 cd skill that give u 5 sec boon is long duration skill then what is short duration? 1 sec? Again u don’t play warrior u don’t understand a thing, simple as that. 3/4 of ppl qqing here about new stabs are MEELE, since they can’t play meele at all now. So tell me if range is disadvantage for meele then stabil changes are ven greater since they can’t meele now cos of lack of it – they lose ALL stacks in less than 1 sec when going in. Yesterday our comm stopped going melee totally cos of too many ccs on his way – he wasn’t brainlessly rushing in though all ccs, he w8ed till they throwed it then rushed by other side and…they had even more ccs to put…THAT is the point. But again if u don’t play meele wariror now afetr changes u don’t understand a thing.

How do you know he doesn’t play a warrior? why do you fling accusations at anyone who doesn’t have a problem with a change to stability?

I would like to know exactly what skill is kitten stability on a 50s cool down on the warrior?

Also, please understand, that simply because YOU cannot do something, does not mean no one else can. You have repeatedly, in this thread, dishonestly claimed “nobody” can do this, or "nobody’ can do that. I seem to be capable of it just fine. my guild, and my friends, all appear to do precisely what you claim “nobody” can do.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Jski.6180

Yes 5 sec IS a long time in a pvp game that is min to min 5 sec can be every thing that and most ppl have some level of boon duration + so that 5 sec on stab realty more of a 6 to 8 sec stab.

Wells do not prioritize stab they must eat though every other boon 1 boon per sekittenil they get to stab so you can run cover boons and if you have a gurd in your pt you have cover boons. Also Wells are only from one class there the mez boon strip on aoe but that 2 classes that realy do not have the line hard cc like a gurd or ele the main hard cc in the meta.

But 24-30 sec IS a short cd for the gurd the main stab ppl are talking about and often the same class that is with the War who has there own stabs blocks leaps etc.. to avoid line hard cc that stuns you for less then 1 sec most of the time. Though there is war aoe hard cc i guess you could say that is a good way to stop melee too but then you would have melee countering melee not this ranges only native that your trying to shove on ppl.

If you start at a ranges then ranges classes should be at an advantages from melee that IS the ideal behind being a ranges class once that melee is on the ranges the melee tend to knock the ranges arone well unless the melee have no boon removal but there is always the stab changes so the caster too cant have endless stab.

Look it takes 6 gards to counter 1 gurds stab one time but it dose not end there the gards lines are on a 32 sec at best cd where the 1 gurds stab is on a 30 sec cd at worst. That is if the one gurad is bad enofe to just run on the other garud lines or simply run into the other sides sword and kill them self on it.

War is still usable as a melee they are just not as OP as they use to be. Ranges are also effect by the stab changes and are weak to hard cc from classes with out boon removal becuse of this changes too.

in WvW

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I don’t see why loosing a couple of gvg players would be an impact on the game.
They ate up slots on the maps, unless they were exclusively meeting in OS, so their home-servers can actually be happy to get more ppt willing players.
And since the meta shifted and they refuse to adapt, their outdated knowledge / skills are also not a big loss for the community-hivemind as well.
There was literally nothing of value lost.

New people will emerge to continue abusing wvw for a game-mode that was never planned / supported in that manner, so you most likely don’t have to wait more than 2-3 weeks to turn on twitch for new streamers to entertain you, or annoy your current map-population by spectating directly and blocking slots on it.
Nothing really has changed.

I don’t think you understand where your WvW community is at. It’s not entirely in-game and it’s not the pugs you were running with mindlessly following the pugmander. Many servers have their on TS servers, their own server community sites and there’s even a generally WvW site that many dedicated WvW’ers go to check out the match up threads.

Do you participate in any of these? or are you just one of those people who say they are part of WvW community just cause they play in WvW, cause you’re missing out.

TS and Forum moderator for my Server’s WvW community. Our guilds are mainly PPT focused. We also have guilds that engage in GvG’s to off-times in OS, still they generally raid in favor for PPT as well. Our community is open and tolerant to everybody and simply focuses on getting along and supporting each other.
We had a guy in past who tried to recruit top-players from all these guilds to raise his very own GvG project, which resulted in nothing but drama, and him eventually transferring away. After that the community just continued to prosper and grow even larger.
So yea, seeing GvG-only guilds leaving the game and the GvG scene getting smaller and smaller is good news for the actual majority of WvW players.

edit: GvG’s in general would be a fun game-mode, but as it is currently, it’s not supported by a-net and the way the current GvG communit y organizes itself leeches on a game-mode that was simply not intended for this kind of play, which also disrupts the WvW experience of those who play WvW for its intended purpose: PPT.
So unless A-net provides a actual solution for the current situation with HoT or future expansions, my opinion stays as described above.

What server is this?

Ruins of Surmia, EU, T7

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

How do you know he doesn’t play a warrior? why do you fling accusations at anyone who doesn’t have a problem with a change to stability?

I would like to know exactly what skill is kitten stability on a 50s cool down on the warrior?

Also, please understand, that simply because YOU cannot do something, does not mean no one else can. You have repeatedly, in this thread, dishonestly claimed “nobody” can do this, or "nobody’ can do that. I seem to be capable of it just fine. my guild, and my friends, all appear to do precisely what you claim “nobody” can do.

Oke so…looks like u really didn’t play warrior and ‘m comming with that from simple thinga, u don’t know his skills – and taht is might be why u can’t feel the pain of new stabillity. So skills, skills taht give u stabill and have 50 sec cd: Signet of dolyak – even 60 cd, and balance stance – 40 cd, which give u around 50 sec cd Also i claimed based on my server as i wrote eralier, but u probably ignored this part. And for him, i guessed that he don’t play warrior. He can say for himself tho

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

coglin.1867

Oke so…looks like u really didn’t play warrior and ‘m comming with that from simple thinga, u don’t know his skills – and taht is might be why u can’t feel the pain of new stabillity. So skills, skills taht give u stabill and have 50 sec cd: Signet of dolyak – even 60 cd, and balance stance – 40 cd, which give u around 50 sec cd Also i claimed based on my server as i wrote eralier, but u probably ignored this part. And for him, i guessed that he don’t play warrior. He can say for himself tho

I am a little unclear, how my inability to identify what specific skill your referring to, when you do not list accurate cool downs or durations, suggest I do not play a warrior. I had leveled all 8 professions to 80, primarily in WvW with in around the first nine months after release. Seriously though, if you are going to try to initiate the accusation game, it may be helpful for you to actual use accurate cool downs and durations of skills when you do. I can see that English is obviously not your first language, so perhaps there is a bit of a break down there, but I would be willing to put my warrior skills up against yours specifically any time you desire. Judging by your complaints, it is likely you are having more difficulty adjusting to the changes then I am.

in WvW

Posted by: ibajiah.5280

ibajiah.5280

Yes 5 sec IS a long time in a pvp game that is min to min 5 sec can be every thing that and most ppl have some level of boon duration + so that 5 sec on stab realty more of a 6 to 8 sec stab.

Wells do not prioritize stab they must eat though every other boon 1 boon per sekittenil they get to stab so you can run cover boons and if you have a gurd in your pt you have cover boons. Also Wells are only from one class there the mez boon strip on aoe but that 2 classes that realy do not have the line hard cc like a gurd or ele the main hard cc in the meta.

But 24-30 sec IS a short cd for the gurd the main stab ppl are talking about and often the same class that is with the War who has there own stabs blocks leaps etc.. to avoid line hard cc that stuns you for less then 1 sec most of the time. Though there is war aoe hard cc i guess you could say that is a good way to stop melee too but then you would have melee countering melee not this ranges only native that your trying to shove on ppl.

If you start at a ranges then ranges classes should be at an advantages from melee that IS the ideal behind being a ranges class once that melee is on the ranges the melee tend to knock the ranges arone well unless the melee have no boon removal but there is always the stab changes so the caster too cant have endless stab.

Look it takes 6 gards to counter 1 gurds stab one time but it dose not end there the gards lines are on a 32 sec at best cd where the 1 gurds stab is on a 30 sec cd at worst. That is if the one gurad is bad enofe to just run on the other garud lines or simply run into the other sides sword and kill them self on it.

War is still usable as a melee they are just not as OP as they use to be. Ranges are also effect by the stab changes and are weak to hard cc from classes with out boon removal becuse of this changes too.

Jskip, I respect your opinion on ele, but with that said, you really have no perspective on how these stab changes have affected the front-line. I’ll be the first one to admit that I’m a bad guardian, but I’ve played in the backline with you so I’ll leave my play up to your judgement. Last night, I wasn’t at all surprised that Gregor rage quit during raid, because I was getting pretty close to doing the same thing myself. To have all of my stab burn out literally the instant I used it, and then getting melted by damage and condi’s was just not fun. Period. Forget trying to learn better play, this new meta is completely unforgiving for ANY melee class. A single mistake, and you’re dead, that’s it. Kaput! Given that our guild tends to run very low on melee already, last night’s raid just made me not want to play any melee class ever again. And having played ele backline in our raids, I can guarantee you that ranged classes have a much easier time trying to escape blobs. As an ele, if I ever got caught in the middle of an enemy zerg, all I’d have to do is mistform out and teleport with my highly spammable and aoe based lightning flash. Zoel is generally very good at positioning anyway, so you rarely get into that position as a backcaster. But as a Guardian, you literally have none of those options. I was having to burn every single out I had on the first just to avoid getting caught in CC constantly being dropped on my head. And now, I’m also expected to sit in the frontline and soak up damage? It was a kitten show man, and this meta has simply ruined the frontline. Full stop. Roll a warrior or guard, and see for yourself. Having played both front and backline, I can tell you that no new player is going to be running frontline in WvW anytime soon.

Fort Aspenwood
Spirit of Faith [HOPE]

(edited by ibajiah.5280)

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

The problem is that you can quickly reach a “crictcal mass” of CC there is no counter play to. They added a cap to the Control that Stability could effect with out adding a cap to the amount of Stability that Control could effect. Those same 6 guads 32 second CD can remove a near INFINITE amount of stability stacks. The old system may have not of been ideal but this change doesn’t work either.

(edited by Ballads.2509)

in WvW

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

On the contrary i believe this stability change works better than the previous one,because previously you couldnt even bring a caster on open field without babysitters.
Static fields or ward lines wouldnt stop a hammer train,and when we talking instant death at 600 range because of hammer aoe then the stability change was absolutely justified.
One type of class shouldnt been able to bully another entirely out of the mode,and the change fixed this.
Now if you are playing melee you wont go and charge through a field of cc and aoe and go unpunished as much as you did previously.
And as far the pirate ship meta,lets be realistic.
While it is on the same boat as hammer train meta,now it is quite counterable by retaliation and more carefully used systain.
If the commanders or drivers cant think or adapt,its definately not the stability change that did this.
And last one is that this might finnaly bring some new flavor as far guild and zerg composition,because hammer war ele guard copy pasta for 2 and a half years was disgusting.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I don’t think hammer trains were a problem per se as they can be derailed and I’ve seen many fall apart. The issue is the AoE cap of 5 in a large scale combat setting (stability was never an issue in small fights afaik). There is a lot of hard CC in GW2, with no diminishing returns. The previous stability implementation gave smaller groups a shot against much larger ones, which is not unheard of in WvWvW, now, its attempt to kite or get blobbed down since the larger group has more stab stacks and CC while in the comfort of the AoE cap. Chances are, you won’t last long enough to chip away at their stab to lock and bomb. I’ve played Necro, staff Ele and Mes for raids and avoiding the train wasn’t really too much of an issue if I just paid attention, Thieves were more of a concern than the hammer train. No, every hard CC I threw out didn’t always snag a bunch and it shouldn’t.

The range heavy meta can be countered, the issue is a matter of fun imo. I don’t see why people are pirate shipping in GvGs though, as the numbers involved don’t make it necessary with this stab change. But I guess it’s an issue of low hanging fruit. Zerg busting on the other hand…

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

coglin.1867

The problem is that you can quickly reach a “crictcal mass” of CC there is no counter play to. They added a cap to the Control that Stability could effect with out adding a cap to the amount of Stability that Control could effect. Those same 6 guads 32 second CD can remove a near INFINITE amount of stability stacks. The old system may have not of been ideal but this change doesn’t work either.

Which is exactly what every single player, who was not on a warrior or guardian, dealt with just fine for years.

Now that both the 1 spam, massive CC output, hammer train is subject to CC, you see straw man justifications of this nature. Bad part is they deal with less, and walk through some, where others still cannot. Yet the “Hammer train Hero’s” keep arguing for the warrior/guardian benefits. It is unfortunate, really.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Blink over the lines with a port skill or wait 5 sec or simply do not walk into it or use an invaluably that ppl mix up for the old stab system lol. 6 guads can only remove 6 stack per person for 5 sec if some how it takes 0 sec for them to start moving over the lines. It could hit every person on the map but if it dose not removing all the stacks its pointless. The old system would any one with stab walk over INFINITE amounts of hard cc with out having any effect on them until there stab falls off mostly likely duration and not a boon removing becuse boon generation for cover is the hard counter for boon per sec removal.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: zedixa.4063

zedixa.4063

I’m just gonna come in here and host my opinion on this. I’m a player from Syn, not that it makes me any more qualified to put my opinion out there than the rest of you, but I have done a lot of WvW and here’s what I think about stab changes.

In even-numbered fights, the stab changes don’t mean much, so I have no complaint there.

However, the stab changes do make it ALOT more difficult to win outnumbered fights, for example 25v50. Now, zerg busting is not totally impossible anymore, but with the stab changes, it does put to rest the old meta of the melee train taking big chunks out of the blob whenever you had stability uptime, and for that 5s the frontline was unable to be touched by anything, because stability was not in stacks, esentially the frontline could go balls deep in a blob, do some damage, and get out before stability ran out.

Now, all your stab stacks are gone alot faster, since when your fighting outnumbered, the other side can put out A LOT of just random ccs, and it litters the ground everywhere, and all it takes is a few of them to mitigate your stab completely. What does this mean? The new meta will now revolve around solely range players, range poking each other, forcing the enemy to pop and waste stab, then engaging when the opportunity is right.

I am not QQing about the change, but I do agree it makes playing melee train in outnumbered fights a living hell and forces guilds to use a very stale and boring meta of just simple range poking for 10 years until one side dies, and when your outnumbered obviously the opposing side will have more CCs then you, so it’s only a matter of time before you die to attrition.

But hey, why does it matter, anet have no clue what WvW really is and how outnumbered fights work, which is why they made this stab change to encourage players to blob it up because your odds of beating zerg busting guilds is soo much higher now.

Not to mention the fact that the servers are lagging like crazy because they now have to do the stab calculations for so many players, and it’s pretty much tearing WvW apart. Lol, how ironic.

It’s only a matter of time before WvW just becomes as casual as PvE, which is exactly what Anet wants. This game is slowly being catered more and more to the casual player, while punishing players that want a challenge and to play it more competitively.(As far as WvW goes)

Am i QQing? No. Just stating the facts to all of you that have no idea about how outnumbered fights really work and claim to blindly think this stab change is going to do any good for blob busting guilds.

If all the good guilds were still around that recently quit the game for reasons, then you’d see them all developing a meta to revolve around the stab changes and attempt to punish opposing sides for it, and the meta would be an extremely stale and rely very heavily on you winning the engages and get all the cc pressure before the other side.

Basically, one push or get one pushed is the name of the game now, so you remember those 5 minute long outnumbered fights that were extremely hype and required you to be constantly on your toes and stay engaged in the fight for a long time? Yeah those are gone now, because if you try and stay engaged in a outnumbered fight for too long, your going to die to attrition no matter what.

Just my 2 cents.

Syndictive [Syn]
- Zed

(edited by zedixa.4063)

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

In even-numbered fights, the stab changes don’t mean much, so I have no complaint there.

However, the stab changes do make it ALOT more difficult to win outnumbered fights, for example 25v50. Now, zerg busting is not totally impossible anymore, but with the stab changes, it does put to rest the old meta of the melee train taking big chunks out of the blob whenever you had stability uptime, and for that 5s the frontline was unable to be touched by anything, because stability was not in stacks, esentially the frontline could go balls deep in a blob, do some damage, and get out before stability ran out.

Now, all your stab stacks are gone alot faster, since when your fighting outnumbered, the other side can put out A LOT of just random ccs, and it litters the ground everywhere, and all it takes is a few of them to mitigate your stab completely. What does this mean? The new meta will now revolve around solely range players, range poking each other, forcing the enemy to pop and waste stab, then engaging when the opportunity is right.

I am not QQing about the change, but I do agree it makes playing melee train in outnumbered fights a living hell and forces guilds to use a very stale and boring meta of just simple range poking for 10 years until one side dies, and when your outnumbered obviously the opposing side will have more CCs then you, so it’s only a matter of time before you die to attrition.

This game is slowly being catered more and more to the casual player, while punishing players that want a challenge and to play it more competitively.(As far as WvW goes)

If all the good guilds were still around that recently quit the game for reasons, then you’d see them all developing a meta to revolve around the stab changes and attempt to punish opposing sides for it, and the meta would be an extremely stale and rely very heavily on you winning the engages and get all the cc pressure before the other side.

Basically, one push or get one pushed is the name of the game now, so you remember those 5 minute long outnumbered fights that were extremely hype and required you to be constantly on your toes and stay engaged in the fight for a long time? Yeah those are gone now, because if you try and stay engaged in a outnumbered fight for too long, your going to die to attrition no matter what.

Just my 2 cents.

+5 well said.

in WvW

Posted by: Crabtree.3809

Crabtree.3809

I’m just gonna come in here and host my opinion on this. I’m a player from Syn, not that it makes me any more qualified to put my opinion out there than the rest of you, but I have done a lot of WvW and here’s what I think about stab changes.

But hey, why does it matter, anet have no clue what WvW really is and how outnumbered fights work, which is why they made this stab change to encourage players to blob it up because your odds of beating zerg busting guilds is soo much higher now.

Not to mention the fact that the servers are lagging like crazy because they now have to do the stab calculations for so many players, and it’s pretty much tearing WvW apart. Lol, how ironic.

It’s only a matter of time before WvW just becomes as casual as PvE, which is exactly what Anet wants. This game is slowly being catered more and more to the casual player, while punishing players that want a challenge and to play it more competitively.(As far as WvW goes)

Am i QQing? No. Just stating the facts to all of you that have no idea about how outnumbered fights really work and claim to blindly think this stab change is going to do any good for blob busting guilds.

Just my 2 cents.

+

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wonder if any guild have actually try something else than follow one dude around in blob. It’s kind of easy cc enemy when they all are in same place.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Just my 2 cents.

+1, echoes a lot of what I said earlier.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Just my 2 cents.

well said . special the part of lag because of calculations .

i have seen many times this problem in my work and the only solutions are to redesign the hardware needs and buy new hardware or make farther changes on code to reduce the new hardware demands

in WvW

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

This thread is hilarious.

“Skill” groups! Hahaha! The vast majority are just zerglings under a tag to feel good about themselves. Zerglings who have someone yelling for things in TS that they would know how to do and time properly if they were actually, you know, skilled.

Let’s see the AoE cap disappear now too, then we’ll see who the real skilled groups are.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

This thread is hilarious.

“Skill” groups! Hahaha! The vast majority are just zerglings under a tag to feel good about themselves. Zerglings who have someone yelling for things in TS that they would know how to do and time properly if they were actually, you know, skilled.

Let’s see the AoE cap disappear now too, then we’ll see who the real skilled groups are.

You are really missing the point of this thread. Zerglings will still zerg. And in a blob, stab change won’t matter that much, it’ll be the same ol’ boring blob spam.
Instead, it is the people from fight guilds who are upset, because their skill (in melee) doesn’t mean much (blob numbers take away stab stacks of the few) and blob-busting is extremely difficult now, if not impossible. In Bronze, where most of the WvW guilds are blob-busters, this breaks the game. Also, it makes the fights extremely stale -pirateship meta is a staring contest. Little action = boredom. Only ranged classes are able to do anything. Whereas before, everyone could have the fun (a lot of GWEN groups turned into hybrids).

So yes, think about it if you haven’t realised the full implications of the stability changes yet. People who enjoyed challenge, organised fights and blob-busting are being damaged the most by Anet’s lets-make-all-lame-and-casual-and-trivial-nerf.
For the skill-less zerglings, nothing much changes – Guard staff 1 is still a go.

Skill should never be punished by the devs.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in WvW

Reborn.2934

@Agriope.4523 blob never had stability as a primary boon to have advantage , only small groups used it to have a chance against bigger groups .

+1 @ hedix.1986

in WvW

coglin.1867

@Agriope.4523 blob never had stability as a primary boon to have advantage , only small groups used it to have a chance against bigger groups .

+1 @ hedix.1986

I don’t buy that for a second thought. I mainly run with my guild. I also follow other pins or pin up for the map myself. The vast majority of pugs are in TS. They are very familiar with WvW. Large pug forces, in my experience are vastly more experienced, capable, and organized then you are implying.

in WvW

Reborn.2934

+1 @ hedix.1986

I don’t buy that for a second thought. I mainly run with my guild. I also follow other pins or pin up for the map myself. The vast majority of pugs are in TS. They are very familiar with WvW. Large pug forces, in my experience are vastly more experienced, capable, and organized then you are implying.

there is nothing to do the experience with advantages that give the smart use of synergy skills in battle from smaller group against bigger.

examples from the past :

1. experienced blob VS experienced guild raid = nice fight body 2 body until the mistake from one side .experienced blob has advantages and it will win the battle but not easy ! all will be happy because of the hardcore battle . guild members feel that are good and players from blob that they helped to stop the guild raid and they helped their server with their experience. hardcore battle.
  2. UN-experienced blob VS experienced guild raid = the guild raid slowly kill the no stability players and wipe them at the end . easy fight .
  3. experienced guild raid VS experienced guild raid = nice fight body 2 body until the mistake from one side or the bad strategy in fight. hardcore battle.
  4. UN-experienced guild raid VS experienced guild raid = hardcore wipe of UN-experienced guild .easy fight .

examples from the present :

1. experienced blob VS experienced guild raid = fight only in choke points and very hard for the guild raid to counter the experienced blob . if open-field then the guild raid busted and wiped asap . easy fight overall and all are sad . guild raid members feel that are kitten and blob members are boring for the too easy fight.
  2. UN-experienced blob VS experienced guild raid = fight only in choke points and very hard for the guild raid to counter the UN-experienced blob . if open field , then the guild raid busted and wiped in seconds . there is a change for the guild raid in open-field if server allies come to help the fight and numbers are almost equals. some times easy , some times very hardcore for guild members .
  3. experienced guild raid VS experienced guild raid = nice fight body 2 body until the mistake from one side . hardcore battle.
  4. UN-experienced guild raid VS experienced guild raid = hardcore wipe of UN-experienced guild . easy fight.

in conclusion , nothing changed in gvg fights . the same results with past . only the guild raid vs blob is changed , except the situation where the guild raid is a …. blob

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

coglin.1867

I do not know about all these other side tangents you went on there. All I said was that I do not buy your original post implying that “blobs never had stability as a primary boon.” And I stand behind that. I base that on my experience of so called blobs, Are more organized, in general, then your post implied.

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

I would really like to know what guilds some of these people that like this change are from because some of these comments are just really misinformed when it comes to the numbers that fight/gvg guilds ran during raids and what our tactics and comps actually were. Misconceptions like that they ran 10-15 guardians and used hammers trains. I feel Anet is also really misinformed when it comes to these guilds too, I don’t know of any dev besides grouch that talked to any wvwers and that was also from a purely spvp point of view.

Most fight guilds ran between 15-25 on any given night at most 3 melee parties with 2 guards per, do the math. And, uh hammers? What blob players don’t understand is that both Hammers and GS were both viable melee weapons and both came with their strengths and weaknesses and your guild used whatever weapon that suited your fighting style and what you wanted to achieve with your guilds comp. When you talk about hammer trains you are talking about a blob with no dedicated melee parties and no skill rotations to account for. Not knowing the difference tells people that do know the difference a lot about where people are coming from.

There also seems to be this idea that people have that stability was a 100 percent uptime renewed focus. In fact, you could still take damage when you had stability, a lot of it. One mistake and all the stability in the world wasn’t going to save you and you were dead in 2 seconds. Which then put your party at a huge disadvantage because they were counting on you to not suck and their survivability was directly connected to you not sucking.

You see, the difference between you making or not making the right plays and your party living and dying as a result is called skill.

When one of your 40-60 man blob dies and you keep steamrolling over everything anyways is not called skill. That is a blob. I will admit it is fun to do from time to time but when I did it I was not under any illusion that I was a good player making good plays. In that situation it literally doesn’t matter.

And it literally means even less now that fight guilds don’t stand a chance because all the blob needs to do is have 5 eles do static and earth wall when the guild engages and you win. GG.

It seems to me that the players that think guilds having a stab rotation meant they were unkillable skilless skill abusers were the people getting wiped by them and don’t want to admit that a guild that focused on combat and actually practiced and did combat training were just better at the game. Like putting the work in on something and getting better at it as your guild develops it’s synergies and skill level was just unfair.

For me, it shows me the mindset of the average wvw player as a whole. It is a whole lot of entitlement, a bit of misplaced ego and a whole lot of casual.

Wrekks/Wrekts

(edited by Aaron.4807)

in WvW

Posted by: sydney.4901

sydney.4901

I play on Anvil Rock and as a server we really suck at wvw. We’ve gotten better recently but every week we still are outnumbered in practically every fight. This new Stability is really hurting us due to our smaller front line unable to hold any kind of cohesion as we’re constantly stunned/immobilized, and we lose our mobility as a unit.

Even if we go with more of a ranged majority we are still outnumbered and no matter how good or bad we are, the overwhelming numbers tell the same story. We lose, often bad.

I personally, have really enjoy GW2 wvw and had no problem with playing on a smaller wvw server until now. Getting our smaller guilds together and taking out a zerg twice to even three times our numbers gives a very rewarding feeling. Now it’s just a matter of who has the bigger blob and which commander makes the mistake at the wrong time. I don’t know how this update is affecting the servers on the higher tiers but I can say with confidence that Anvil Rock will begin to stagnant again, and will begin to lose more guilds/ wvw players all over again. Knowing you’re going to get rolled anywhere you go at almost any time of the day is a bit of a turn off to play wvw and GW2 in general.

Love it or hate it, that’s my take on this recent Stability update.

You just can’t fight the blob.