What WvWvW Server To Choose?

in WvW

Posted by: Elliott.8390

Elliott.8390

Q:

Hello my fellow WvWvW fighters.

Currently returning to Guild Wars 2 after a good 6 or so month break. At the moment i resign in FA (Fort Aspenwood) and i want to become a frequent contender in the WvWvW scene. The problem i am facing is what server to choose! FA is by any means not a bad world, but its not what I’m looking for.

Sounds strange but i want to be apart of the zerg! Colossal armies fighting each other constantly, with as minimal down time as possible. All of while listening to a experienced commander who is able to get his army to listen and follow every command. As i said above, FA is not a bad world but being a tier 3 server, we see barely any zerg fights and the server at many times can be very dead.

I have spent awhile looking at the different forums of the different servers but the amount of access i have to them is very limited.
So if anyone could help me out deciding what server to choose, that would be great! I’m not looking for a winning server or a server that steam rolls, just a server where the battles are fun and thrilling!

As a side note, I am from the UK however i am not limiting my self to only American servers or only European servers. I started on an American server as the population was very high, but now with the introduction of mega servers it does not matter which i choose.

Thanks for Helping!
Elliott / Buster

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

If you’re an EU player and play EU timezone I would suggest going to an EU server.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Elliott.8390

I guess that is logic. But as i said i don’t want to limit my self. I do play a lot, and with summer coming up i will have even more time on my hands, and a lot of that time is spent during the night playing WvWvW which, i believe, is the afternoon/late mornings for Americans.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Go to BG or MAG if they are even opened. You have loads of fun like the majority of your fellow WvWers.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think you need to do a bit more research because you wrote that a rank 3->4 server is Tier 3. Six months ago the glicko ratings were not as close as they are now. Tiers are not what they seem anymore so you may need to lower your expectations on what matches are going to be like from week to week in terms of “minimal downtime”. Two matches ago a rank 10 server was in the T1 match, for example.

If you play during EU time, you should just look for a guild that runs during that time and not worry as much about which server they are on.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hello my fellow WvWvW fighters.

Currently returning to Guild Wars 2 after a good 6 or so month break. At the moment i resign in FA (Fort Aspenwood) and i want to become a frequent contender in the WvWvW scene. The problem i am facing is what server to choose! FA is by any means not a bad world, but its not what I’m looking for.

Sounds strange but i want to be apart of the zerg! Colossal armies fighting each other constantly, with as minimal down time as possible. All of while listening to a experienced commander who is able to get his army to listen and follow every command. As i said above, FA is not a bad world but being a tier 3 server, we see barely any zerg fights and the server at many times can be very dead.

I have spent awhile looking at the different forums of the different servers but the amount of access i have to them is very limited.
So if anyone could help me out deciding what server to choose, that would be great! I’m not looking for a winning server or a server that steam rolls, just a server where the battles are fun and thrilling!

As a side note, I am from the UK however i am not limiting my self to only American servers or only European servers. I started on an American server as the population was very high, but now with the introduction of mega servers it does not matter which i choose.

Thanks for Helping!
Elliott / Buster

What you are looking for (mindless blobbing), MAG/BG/JQ are your best bets (ill refrain from poking fun at these servers for now)

FA does have good zerg fights and FA is also a T2/T3 server so they do see a lot of action at times (inb4 im not on FA).

But if its skillless zerging you prefer, then bandwagoning to one of the above mentioned servers are your best bet

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

Bigpapasmurf is correct about the big zerg (mindless blobbing) on MAG/BG/JQ. However, he is completely wrong about FA having good zerg fights. FA will only fight if they outnumber their opponent. YB won’t fight without being near a building with a thousand pieces of siege. SBI is pug central, but has some strong guild groups, but has a fairly weak OCX/SEA time coverage. So do your research before choosing a server so you know what you are getting into before you jump in feet first.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

You dont want Mag, we frequently don’t have a commander and when we do its either a random tagged up and no VOIP or a guild is tagless and you arent welcome in their channels.

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

You dont want Mag, we frequently don’t have a commander and when we do its either a random tagged up and no VOIP or a guild is tagless and you arent welcome in their channels.

I guess it depends on what time of day for MAG. After midnight East Coast I have found tags are different than other times of the day. I however cannot VOIP for various reasons so when I get with a tag It’s just follow the leader. Once you run with the same tags you kind of get to know what he or she is doing so it’s not that bad.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in WvW

Elliott.8390

Thanks for your help guys.

“FA does have good zerg fights and FA is also a T2/T3 server so they do see a lot of action at times (inb4 im not on FA).”
I guess you are right, that’s the problem with being in a UK time zone on a dominant US time zone.

“I think you need to do a bit more research because you wrote that a rank 3→4 server is Tier 3.”
I was going off of past experiences with the WvW system, as well as the official WvW Rankings website. I won’t lie, it did seem odd that FA are a rank 3 server yet in tier 3, but that’s essentially what we are, a tier 3 server. Although we may play like a higher tier server, we are stilled placed in our tier for a reason.

Thanks to Everyone that replied.

Big thanks to Reaper Alim, Celsith and BigPapaSmurf for your suggestions and reasons on specific servers.
Thank you to the rest who applied general comments.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

FA is getting stacked and since you mentioned EU, it is good to say FA EU isn’t blobby. If you are looking for blob fight,. you will have better luck in EU server.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Maybe you should try FSP on EU, they’re pretty stacked and I hear a lot of good things about them. If they are full Gankdara and Desk are worth a look last I heard in that order.

You’ve tried NA, try EU. If you don’t like it most stacked NA servers are always looking to buy EU players to plug gaps in coverage and will pay your transfer cost back.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’ve never seen a thread where someone was looking to go to a server that was outmanned when they play. It’s always “Where can I overstack an already overstacked server more?”

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I would move from FA if I were you. It’s getting ugly atm. Most groups have no clue what they want/need to do anymore. Just my two cents.

in WvW

Elliott.8390

I’ve never seen a thread where someone was looking to go to a server that was outmanned when they play. It’s always “Where can I overstack an already overstacked server more?”

I just prefer the blob fights more than i do havoc.

And maybe i will try EU servers. Might as well in give it a shot.