What are everyones thoughts on new Epidemic?

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Epidemic: This ability now fires slow-arcing projectiles from its initial target to up to 5 targets in range. Foes hit by the projectiles gain all conditions from the original Epidemic target. Projectile strikes are unblockable but cannot critically hit. Increased radius to 900.

Thoughts on the changes, is it enough to fix the skill?

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Why fix what isn’t broken? Can we talk resistance sharing now?

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My thought, what a stupid change.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Vs. Mobs: those slightly further away will be hit, somewhat increasing the effectiveness of the skill.
Vs. Players: Only the inattentive/unskilled will be hit, making the skill close to useless (the inattentive/unskilled can be easily defeated by almost anything).

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Vs. Mobs: those slightly further away will be hit, somewhat increasing the effectiveness of the skill.
Vs. Players: Only the inattentive/unskilled will be hit, making the skill close to useless (the inattentive/unskilled can be easily defeated by almost anything).

So almost all the lil zerglings?

in WvW

shagwell.1349

“Save Yourselves!”: This skill now grants 1.5 seconds of resistance, in addition to the other boons applied.

With even more resistance to share, you have to be pretty bad when getting hit by epidemic.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Vs players, in any kind of larger fight with all the other effects, it is impossible to spot.

Condi cancer has now reached epic levels in wvw fights and it’s got to the stage where it’s just not mush fun any more.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

this is a hard topic, epidemic causes alot of stress on server, epidemic needs to stay strong but needs a few changes….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

No it doesn’t, there is already too much condi (especially on Necro) around. Even without epidemic the condi would still be the meta, epidemic just adds the instantkill moments take make you say “why I even bother”.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

well epidemic should be the right way to condi bomb, maybe its th eother sources that are to much spreaded?

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Figures all the condi spammers would have an issue with this.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

There was no change. In a zerg fight it still hits just like how it used to be. So no epi wasnt nerfed.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It doesn’t even sound like, any different to what it used to work like, sure you can reflect projectiles, but it’s still unblockable.. they even increased the radius.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So almost all the lil zerglings?

Fair point. You caught my mostly roaming myopia.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

I only wish they would remove it completely. If there was one skill to blame for declining numbers in wvw it’s epi.

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

declining? lol good joke, it is DEAD already. DEAD.

it has diededed even before HoT.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Er epi was strong a few months ago before they nerfed it. Well after HOT.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: hbillhas.7803

hbillhas.7803

The projectiles can be reflected back at the caster. So yes great fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaser.2870

Chaser.2870

It just increased radius, patchnote says makes it projectile but cannot reflect
So, epidemic is buffed, congratulation, condi epi necro is become GOD class in wvw

https://youtu.be/fuDNlqEHvzI?t=9s
https://youtu.be/EsCATkH5I14?t=16s
https://youtu.be/EsCATkH5I14?t=1m19s

a epidemic condi necro is most op class ever in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Looks worse for small scale, buffed for large scale. I still spend most of every fight shedding condis. Good fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Could we get some new condi aoe skill because epidemic is pure joke now? Epidemic never hit me now because i have binded dodge button.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

“Save Yourselves!”: This skill now grants 1.5 seconds of resistance, in addition to the other boons applied.

With even more resistance to share, you have to be pretty bad when getting hit by epidemic.

Need to remember that if WvW player lose it’s never his own fault.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Not realty seen it in action yet but i images its going to get overshadow by the vomit of rainbows coming out of every one most of the time. If you could reflect it i think you would have a real counter play to it. Other then that a timer for epidemic triggering would of been far better an easier to add in.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

“Unblockable is a property of attack skills which prevents the attack from being blocked, and in case of ranged attacks, reflected or otherwise destroyed by effects of skills.”
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Er epi was strong a few months ago before they nerfed it. Well after HOT.

I am not remarking on Epi.
I am talking about the kitten game mode itself

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Oh kitten bro. That’s a thing now?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: duxogns.8047

duxogns.8047

So now Epidemic became “Unblockable” (that means also cannot be reflected)
with 900 radius (that means 1200 + 900 = max. 2100 range).
SMC lord room has 1200 radius so if someone uses epid on SMC lord, it covers 56% of whole lord room area.

Additionally, this “slow Projectile” is actually quite fast and the graphic effect is hard to see, esp. during the fight between large size blobs.

Oh, and don’t forget this skill has 20sec (with a trait 14s) cooldown.

My thought on this new epid? I think this is a message from Anet, for all wvw players.
“You wvw players make us to spend our money to maintain useless wvw servers. We don’t want that. You all must have a bad time.”

[MGR] – Ma Gu Ri, SEA time player, Server Hopper:
[NA] BG → Mag → BG → TC → Mag → SbI → SoS → DR
→ ET → BP → [EU] WR → Vis → [NA] ET → IoJ → Ebay

(edited by duxogns.8047)

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

It can be dodged still, which it couldn’t before.

WvW Necro

in WvW

duxogns.8047

It can be dodged still, which it couldn’t before.

Yeah and if one player, who stands 900 range fronts from you, couldn’t dodge that projectile, which is fast as firebolt of ele and much smaller and darker to recognise it’s graphic effect, then you will be affected too.
Isn’t it exciting?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Comical when it was still effecting allies. Players were Epi lords and it would flatten 5 friendly players.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Remove that unblockable facet to encourage counterplay.
Then we’ll be talking.
You’re not going to see an epidemic projectile in a zerg fight, unless the visual effect is obscenely obvious. (I haven’t yet seen it.)

~ Kovu

edit- Though I think the new effect is actually kind of funny. I could see organized guild group members yelling “grenade” in teamspeak whenever an opposing necro launches an epi.

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

(edited by Kovu.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Then we’ll be talking.
You’re not going to see an epidemic projectile in a zerg fight, unless the visual effect is obscenely obvious. (I haven’t yet seen it.)

~ Kovu

edit- Though I think the new effect is actually kind of funny. I could see organized guild group members yelling “grenade” in teamspeak whenever an opposing necro launches an epi.

Can anyone work on a mod to transform those green balls into green grenades? I would love that.

in WvW

Posted by: ilMasa.2546

ilMasa.2546

What are my thoughts on the new Epidemic?

Anet actually listen to us. Everyone keep sayin “WvW on life support” “Anet doesnt care”…
We said to Anet we dont want PvE in our WvW,Anet does care!!!!

They Killed PvE*

*where PvE = Player vs Epidemic :p

in WvW

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Then we’ll be talking.

~ Kovu

You can body block the new epi. The projectiles will strike the first enemy they encounter regardless of whether that player is the projectiles target. If a player gets hit will multiple epi projectiles that player will only receive the condis as if he got hit by one projectile.

Also the unblockable part is bugged, you can block it.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

You can body block the new epi.

I’ll get right on that. =p

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You can body block the new epi.

I’ll get right on that. =p

~ Kovu

Make sure you have the most condis on you before you do that. I cant wait ppl yelling at ppl to get out of there way because “if you don’t have clears don’t get in the way or epi shot.”

I still think the time bomb eip would of been a lot better.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

It’s not worth using in wvw, yet is still quite effective in pve, so from anet’s perspective I’d say mission accomplished. I stopped using it after the last nerf. I don’t know why anet thought it needed another nerf.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

i hate condi spam as much as any other but that nerf is absurd and shows a complete lack of creativity. Same with the new elite plagiarism. Gosh they could have done it better…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

My favorite part of being hit with epi on my mes, was hitting mimic arcane thievery in return. If this changed ruined the joy I get returning the favor, I’ll be upset.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: SCVwar.3784

SCVwar.3784

A subtle hand gesture from enemy necro who is stacked or half hidden behind other bulky characters to green dungs flying towards you? Hell yeah, I say it’s a long due balance change that has finally arrived, at least for WvW zerg fights scenario. sPvP or small scaled fights weren’t a friendly place for epidemic anyway

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

A subtle hand gesture from enemy necro who is stacked or half hidden behind other bulky characters to green dungs flying towards you? Hell yeah, I say it’s a long due balance change that has finally arrived, at least for WvW zerg fights scenario. sPvP or small scaled fights weren’t a friendly place for epidemic anyway

that proves imo that condiiton need to be worked they a re only spam based gameplay, being wahtever gameplay it is.

Conditions system from gw1 was really amazing, sometime we could overcindi player that not even 2 monks could do anything, still was required a good gank with certain skills, gw2 is just aoe+cleave keysmashing.
they could pressure players being in small scale of large scale…

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

Epidemic: Fixed a bug that caused conditions to not transfer on the fifth missile. The missiles fired from this ability will now pierce targets already struck by the skill. Removed the new functionality that caused condition durations to affect newly transferred conditions.

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

in WvW

Posted by: BloodMoonASURA.3564

BloodMoonASURA.3564

Being able to dodge the skill adds counterplay to it. Which is exactly what was needed. Before epi would outright instakill you without any counterplay options on most classes. Now you can dodge it if you pay attention to the animations.

Obviously if you have low graphical settings, you still won’t see the animation.

The change to epidemic is REALLY good imo. Changing epidemic from 1 button “killswitch” into a skill that allows good players to work around it is exactly what needed to be done. Bad players will always be punished, no matter what kind of nerfs. Good example is how people complain about Dragons Maw, yet it’s widely considered to be really weak skill by more experienced players.

GJ Anet. I like this change.

I Am The Freakshow – Anguish [Ash]
https://www.youtube.com/c/IAmTheFreakshow

in WvW

shagwell.1349

You could dodge it before. It had an animation before and you had resistance before.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

You can still easily murder a group with a 1 second condi burst if you just cast it on a lord or supervisor during a fight. Kind of ruins the fun a lot of the time and I still think a minimum stack transfer should be added so fights aren’t trivialised so much.

Gandara

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Being able to dodge the skill adds counterplay to it. Which is exactly what was needed. Before epi would outright instakill you without any counterplay options on most classes. Now you can dodge it if you pay attention to the animations.

Obviously if you have low graphical settings, you still won’t see the animation.

The change to epidemic is REALLY good imo. Changing epidemic from 1 button “killswitch” into a skill that allows good players to work around it is exactly what needed to be done. Bad players will always be punished, no matter what kind of nerfs. Good example is how people complain about Dragons Maw, yet it’s widely considered to be really weak skill by more experienced players.

You mean that add so much counterplay that players who have 2 sec reaction time can dodge it? I did dodge old epidemic just fine. Maybe add this kind of counterplay every skill. Example warrior would try to hit you and his gs would move so slowly that you have 2 sec time to dodge it. Kitten they could add some kind of counter in screen so you would know when to push dodge.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

duxogns.8047

Roaming players: “hey we finally can dodge that epidemic. I can’t understand why ppl so upset about this new epi, maybe they are just awful players who only can spam 1 and pvd”
Zerg fight players: “I can’t believe Anet doesn’t have any idea what’s going on wvw now. And why the hell think those players as if they could dodge that projectile? Should we save our dodge just for that?”
Anet: "We can’t understand why wvw players cry about our new epidemic. We actually don’t care about wvw cause wvw doesn’t make profit. We already too busy throwing a dice to decide the match-up next week. "

in WvW

Posted by: BloodMoonASURA.3564

BloodMoonASURA.3564

You mean that add so much counterplay that players who have 2 sec reaction time can dodge it? I did dodge old epidemic just fine. Maybe add this kind of counterplay every skill. Example warrior would try to hit you and his gs would move so slowly that you have 2 sec time to dodge it. Kitten they could add some kind of counter in screen so you would know when to push dodge.

Before the changes the epi was 1 sec cast time skill, which spread the condies instantly after the cast. Unless you randomly dodge, or manage to predict when the epi will hit, there was no way of dodging it. You can argue that being able to predict epis is a l2p issue, yet fighting in +20 man scenario it becomes impossible to keep track on every single players conditions. When you see the animation, it’s too late.

After the changes, you are able to see the protectiles and learn the travel speed of those said protectiles, therefore allowing you to react to epidemic animation, which I believe is a good change. Granted I haven’t had the time to play necro yet, but fighting against condition necromancers in zergs is now alot more engaging.

I don’t understand why you would bring up warrior here. Warrior does not have same type of instant killswitch as necromancers did. You can’t compare warriors and necromancers, when 1 class does lots of cleave, another 1 shots 5 people without any warning.

And in case you were just trolling, then nvm :p

I Am The Freakshow – Anguish [Ash]
https://www.youtube.com/c/IAmTheFreakshow