What are the Bonus Chests?

in WvW

Posted by: Foehn.2489

Foehn.2489

Q:

Hello everyone, haven’t checked my wvw in a while and noticed I have three bonus chests remaining.

What are these? What do they contain? How to I get them / get more of them?

I tried looking for answers myself but the wiki and google did not show me much. Any info would be much appreciated!

in WvW

Posted by: Fizwitz.8240

Fizwitz.8240

Bonus chests are gotten from when you level up in WvW. Every time you level up you will get 1 bonus chest.

Bonus Chests will contain several Badges of Honor (BoH), A piece of siege equiptment and an item (usually fine or masterwork) with the item having a chance of being a rare, exotic or ascended (Ascended is extremely rare)

I don’t know if this is a proven fact but it seems that every 10 levels (10,20,30, ect.) give better loot. I have gotten superior siege equiptment or golems along with a rare item every 10 levels. It seems to have a better chance to drop stuff every 5 levels as well. (I have only gotten superior siege and golems on a level ending with a 5 or 0)

Ekonai

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

They are rewarded for each rank you had in WvW before anet introduced rank reward chests, so you got 2 per level, until you ran out of bonus chests. You can’t earn more, as they are rewarded for things done previous to the reward system.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA