What are the best classes for support in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Neurik.1624

Neurik.1624

Looking for the best options if I enjoy playing more of a support/healing/buffing/cc role in a squad. I have a druid now that I enjoy quite a bit and that my be what I stick with, if I wanted to level up a secondary character what would be good choices to fill that role?

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Are we talking small groups of 5-10 or big zergs or map blobs?

Tempest in full minstrels is pretty silly on the support, so are guards tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Warrior, Thief, and Necro are all pretty selfish classes, everything else is fairly good at support in some way.

in WvW

Neurik.1624

Probably more geared toward full zerg primarily and small squads secondarily

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Aurashare tempest by a long shot.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Guardian and tempest is what you’re looking for.
Tempest is better if you wanna be a dedicated support, focusing on actively supporting before anything else, while guardian would be more like if you wanna play “normal” but doing a buttload of support naturally without much effort.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Neurik.1624

Guardian and tempest is what you’re looking for.
Tempest is better if you wanna be a dedicated support, focusing on actively supporting before anything else, while guardian would be more like if you wanna play “normal” but doing a buttload of support naturally without much effort.

Great thanks, I actually have an 80 guardian and Elementalist so I will just farm up PoH’s so I can spec out tempest and give it a try. thanks again.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

1: guardian
2: guardian
3: revenant
4: ele

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

If you’re looking for something completely different…hum..exotic? And definitely not meta (the build spectrum is somewhere between trash and nearly troll) but hey, it’s fun if you’re planning to level up Rev one day and maybe run the good ol’ power build everyone runs.

BUT! If you’re feeling special and bery adventurous then try the unique hamstaff ventari/glint zealot/cleric builderino aaaand I just happen to have a build blueprint on me! (I totally didnt spend hours worth of bathroom breaks coming up with this to make it remotely viable).

Good luck cowboy! Hee hah! Rides away into the sunset on a Ventari’s back

Oh and the build!:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8ElFglhNjNCZNgDSw+2eHG-TVyDABFfIAAV5Xlq/wlSQn2foTdBia+BgLAA8PBASBwmOL-w

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

In a boon share group (and zergs), the Mesmer is currently a king thanks to Signet of Inspiration and Illusionary Inspiration but I don’t expect that to last.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

revs are great at keeping the frontline alive through protective boons like prot and resistance and eles are great for burst healing.

Hi

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Boon share mez are the end all be all support class atm. All other classes who are “support” are mostly supporting the boon share mez. So rev are giving more boons for them to feed to every one so are guards even eles (though eles are keeping them up with there heals too.)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Boonshare mesmer are the best boon providers by far, followed by revs. The thing about tempest is that while they provide less boons, they have more ways to support. With heals, auras, AoE stunbreakers, many combo fields, projectile destruction and such.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

Mesmers/Chronomancers are helpful, even though some commanders don’t appreciate them I’ve been told “mesmers are useless in wvw!” But when tags ask the zerg for a mesmer to put down a portal or give the siege users alacrity, they get kitteny if there isn’t one in comms/in the zerg.

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Primarily Guardians and Tempests. They pump out a lot of healing with a lot of PBAoE damage, making it ideal for zerging

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

On a scale of dedicated to casually applicable impo with 1 being the most dedicated;

1. Elementalist (frontline full minstrels/heal power orientated etc)
2. Guardian (stability on call, frontline)
3. Revenant (Oprah Boonspree sitting in the back of your car; free boons for you – free boons for everyone!)
4. Druid (uncommon but not entirely useless; small scale roaming, seen some decent Search and Rescue plays and CA skill #3 bombs on point)

Hope that helps.

EDIT: forgot to add Boonshare Mesmer to the list; probably a toss up between Guardian and Mesmer there for number 2.

(edited by Zephyra.4709)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The boonshare mesmer alone isn’t very impressive. It will only work good if you have a tempest and/or a revenant with it. Sure, it can still give a good ammount of boons by itself, but in that case you could problably use a guardian which have more reliable stability/might, AoE block and good damage.

So, boonshare is top notch, but only if other supports are present.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1: guardian
2: guardian
3: revenant
4: ele

That is outdated, thats so 2012…

The boonshare mesmer alone isn’t very impressive. It will only work good if you have a tempest and/or a revenant with it. Sure, it can still give a good ammount of boons by itself, but in that case you could problably use a guardian which have more reliable stability/might, AoE block and good damage.

So, boonshare is top notch, but only if other supports are present.

^best option, revs increase boon duration 50%, apply constant boons, this alone is amazing for support on hammer revs.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Probably more geared toward full zerg primarily and small squads secondarily

Ele, Guard, Rev are very good. I personally like playing rev the least due to very limited stun breakers, stab and cleanses.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF