What constitutes a 'kill'

in WvW

Posted by: Qbela.8902

Qbela.8902

I’m positive this has been explained, but I couldn’t find it..
I’m pathetically tracking 5300 WvW kills and trying to determine what really qualifies a kill as such and what grants you a badge..

obviously I can smatter 10 folks with conditions or tab around marking up as many with damage all while getting 2 or 4 badges.. is there any real definitions of the damage needed to earn a kill.. considering we get badges for the kills our group makes as well? Any clarification would be appreciated considering this topic has probably been had many times, thanks.

(edited by Qbela.8902)

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

You have to hit a mob or player to get credit for the kill, but in order to get credit, the player must be dead and not just downed. Once the player is dead, badges and such are awarded, if any. 1 hp of damage is needed to get credit for a kill.

I think.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Probably more around 1k to tag and I’m reasonably sure you still have to be within the ‘in combat’ radius of the opponent when it dies.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Probably more around 1k to tag and I’m reasonably sure you still have to be within the ‘in combat’ radius of the opponent when it dies.

Wrong and wrong.

‘Tag’ is less than 500, hard to stick an exact number to it without solid testing.

Credit is time based. You have to do damage to them within X time of dying. You can be anywhere in the current map when the target dies to get credit. lets say you die and respawn, you still get credit for the kill if the enemy dies soon after.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

an “assist” is a “kill” and you get credit as long as they dont drop combat between you hitting them and them dying

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Wrong and wrong.

‘Tag’ is less than 500, hard to stick an exact number to it without solid testing.

Credit is time based. You have to do damage to them within X time of dying. You can be anywhere in the current map when the target dies to get credit. lets say you die and respawn, you still get credit for the kill if the enemy dies soon after.

From my experience this is spot on.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Wrong and wrong.

Actually, yeah. Spoke without thinking on the leash distance. Have been plenty of times when I’ve been at spawn with bags.

I’d still say the damage is somewhere between 500 – 1000 but 500 could very well be the case. I’d be interested to know if it’s actually a set number of hits to tag rather than raw damage.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Wrong and wrong.

Actually, yeah. Spoke without thinking on the leash distance. Have been plenty of times when I’ve been at spawn with bags.

I’d still say the damage is somewhere between 500 – 1000 but 500 could very well be the case. I’d be interested to know if it’s actually a set number of hits to tag rather than raw damage.

Nothing worse than when you die early in a fight and get a tag on a full zerg and you want to rally back to the fight and you have to decide whether to get back there asap or stop and pick up the 50 bags that slowly drop along the way :p