What do you feel about your class in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Q:

Post 23 June Patch

• Ele -As for eles, theres less sustain, but greater spike damage. Not much as changed for the dnd ele. See more condi builds.
  • Rangers – Seem to be about the same
  • Mesmers – Insane OP class now
  • Engies – greater burst
  • Necros – 1v1 are still decent
  • Guards – FOTM
  • Warrs – not sure
  • Thief – guaranteed to get the nerf stick

What do you think?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Can’t agree with Mesmers OP… I guess it depends on the build, but as a PU Condi it has become very tough to survive the increased damage to allow our Condis enough time to do their thing. Sounds like we may be forced to embrace the Shatter build which is too bad, I like having options.

in WvW

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

>Thief -gets nerf stick.. You mean the no condi removal from stealth and -200 tough we just got hit with??
If you cant kill a thief now you need to rethink your play style we die in 4 hits.

> Mesmers – Holy Crap OP nerfs INC!!!

Engi – -28% nerf to m0rt@r (not sure why mortar turns to kitten when i post but ok…) did not see that coming at all /sarcasm

>Necros- good for them!! condi is now a thing!

> Ele – On level with thief now, they get more healing though and condi removal.. and condis..

>Rangers – meh, pets seem smarter??

>Guards – SHOUTS FOR EVERYONE!!!! + 20k burning!!

>War – havent really noticed anything different

Crystal Desert

(edited by ades.1386)

in WvW

Posted by: Gevinor.4503

Gevinor.4503

Warrior (roaming) – Much higher damage, but mobility is worse. I’d say that pretty much any build that can teleport is now as fast or faster than a gereatsword war now (mesmer blink alone seems to offer similar mobility now).

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Ele – very strong, especially condi apoth builds and s/f or s/d fresh air burst

Warrior – incredible melee damage with GS, haven’t fought a condi warrior yet.

Ranger – one who gets the drop wins the fight, and LB/GS zerk is OP at getting the drop on engages. Condi ranger is pretty OP, granted u get caught in an immob bonfire burst.

Mesmer – alot more survivablity via stealth than ever before and phants hit like trucks. Not sure why Dire staff/ scepter/torch is still popular, i think zerk GS/ staff is far stronger.

Thief – Great burst, almost as good as a warrior’s, but i’ve seen a few zerkers get 2 shot down. Condi p/d seems to have had a reduction in cheese, which is a good thing i guess.

Engi – Excellent and strong as P/P condi, dat burn stacking!! strangely have yet to run into a zerk engi in the field.

Necro – I dunno, maybe I have yet to fight a good necro. But the ones ive fought never put up much of a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Really Like My PU mesmer the most. No I may not beat most in a fight. BUT, I dont have to worry to much about getting ganked either. I just get in trouble, stealth out, and I am gone.

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

rangers could be really strong now in the front line as well. we can run valk/cavalier stats with Remorseless procs, be tanky, and just nuke people for 6k. lots of stability and aoe taunt with bears. you guys should be seeing more and more of these rangers in zergs.

and LB builds got buffed quite a bit.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in WvW

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

I went once more with my good old Condi Warr (now that bleeds got buffed). Currently the feelings are mixed as I can’t help judging my warr’s performance against other profs.

Our bleed duration trait got nerfed to +33% (used to be 50%) which means that a single warrior can’t stack so many bleeds without investing on sigils/runes. Against some proffs and builds I can do better (probably due to condi formula increase).

On the other hand, against certain builds, it feels like we are mosquitos… First few times against a stunlock shatter mesmer and I though I was lagging as I lost 40% of my health in a glimpse of an eye (from 26k HP → 15k in a matter of 2 secs?… no matter I had 3000+ armor). Against an engi I have little chances to scratch him with full condi build. Thieves get more damage I think but not reckless ones can still disengage effectively and run away. Against eles… it feels the same! Against guard… some certain build can destroy me easily while I saw for the 1st time a guard that had condi boosting consumables (thats good right?).

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

yea, condi guardian is becoming mainstream. id say invest in burning related runes, but not too deeply.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

thief nerfed to the bone, i dont care if my damage is better now they removed thiefs main deffense by nerfing recharge rate of endurance hard.. got 4 dodges then i relay heavily on spamming my skill dodge which is bullkitten where others got all kind of buffs or good deffense we got nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

yea, condi guardian is becoming mainstream. id say invest in burning related runes, but not too deeply.

I wouldn’t because they will be nerfing burns, as acknowledged by JP. likely will remain strong, but id wait.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

TBH I’m feeling kind of meh right now because I’ll need to probably get new runes/gear and I am not interested in investing in anything until stuff settles a bit.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Ya, let things get settled down before you go crazy making changes in your build. Its why I left mine alone, and will continue to play it as I always have.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

I’ve been playing Mesmer and it’s nice to be able to reliably avoid zergs with Prismatic Understanding. I don’t feel pressured into roaming on solely Thief any more. Yes it is cheesy when you can disengage from (almost) anybody you are fighting, but Thieves and to a lesser extent Warriors have always been able to do that anyway.

Engi is fun in zergs with the Mortar Kit. The water field is amazing since it’s not connected to any healing skill (which you might have needed to use before reaching the zerg), and unlike Eles it isn’t gated by the attunement swap cooldown. Also, the projectiles on it follow a high curved path allowing you to defend structures much more easily, since you don’t have to stand at the edge. It’s a small detail but makes the mortar kit really appealing.

Didn’t try other classes yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Mesmer: feels so much more relevant in WvW now. Use of mimic for multi ports and less reliance on DE and IP to be viable. Unique party support to boot. PU is silly, Confounding Suggestions needs an ICD increase.

Ranger: all the weapon swap traits are fantastic. Longbow with quickdraw is pretty hilarious. Troll Unguent is quite OP when traited, but with everyone doing so much damage at the moment it doesn’t really matter.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

TBH I’m feeling kind of meh right now because I’ll need to probably get new runes/gear and I am not interested in investing in anything until stuff settles a bit.

I second this. Waiting it out till it calms down. More so because I’m a sale-baby and I don’t really have all the mats, gold, and such to be able to change gear/runes/sigils on the fly to find a suitable build.

in WvW

Posted by: Grimmskull.6102

Grimmskull.6102

I warrior and just about nothing else. I hate condi builds and like to roam/small havoc. seems like we (along with a bunch of other classes) have gotten the poopy end of the stick this time around. the condi cap removal just assassinated WvW balance (what was left of it anyways)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I was having a lot of fun as apoth/shaman ele before patch, even more fun now as my burns tick for 5.5k+ lol

Ive run a condi ele for a while now, way too hard to solo roam in t2 unless you’re a bunker with some sort of damage output.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Necro = with my new condi build is much more sustainable…. condi is better, but still takes time to take down enemy’s. The big difference is with my new build is the better survivability. I am enjoying necro quite a bit more post patch. Thieves and Mesmers are easy to take down in the right circumstances. If I can get a Mesmer in a tight space I can ruin them, open field engagements where they have room to move they ruin me. Guardians much more challenging, they can spam clear my condi’s, and out heal my damage for the most part. Only chance against guardians is using fear consistently and wear them down.

Eng – Bieng forced into frontline (the range nerf on grenade’kitten my playstyle hard) I do not find pleasant at all. Though with flamethrower and juggernaut running into a zerg and broiling folks can be fun from time to time. I just feel the range nerf reduced options for playstyles with this class.

The other classes I have not played enough to get a decent feel for.

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

if thieves get another nerf, im gonna be annoyed. if you cant kill a thief now, youre doing something wrong.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Thus far:

Guardian: Same thing, feel my wrath is fun though.
Engineer: Easier to survive, thanks to Adrenal Implant being so easy to take now. RIP rifled barrels.
Ranger: Easier to survive thanks to full WS and Survival trait merge and I can finally take l®ead the wind in zergs.
Mesmer: lolwtfdidtheyeventestthis

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

This is where I’m at. After 3 years I had my builds tweaked exactly where I wanted them and now everything feels off. I’ll probably just go full zerk for now and worry about min/maxing in a few months.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

To be honest right now I’m kinda kittened off with the changes. I paid for a finished game, not to beta test for an expansion (which I pre ordered 4x before the changes). I can tell you from experience they dumped this on the community and didn’t spend nearly enough time testing it internally.

The only other time I’ve seen something like this was when another industry giant desperately tried to capture the Asian market with their game and instead ended up alienating their playerbase with blindsiding changes, and failed to capture the market that they were willing to risk everything for.

I feel like I’m watching history repeat itself.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I don’t look at this as a beta test for expansion. I look at it as a period of time before a new meta takes a firm hold on everyone. Back when this game launched there were no metas either. It is difficult to adjust from a time with a mature and stable meta to one where there is no defined meta.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I think my zerg spent a good 20 minutes trying to find and kill 3 mesmers hiding in bay last night; talk about annoying; way worse than thieves now.

Also I ran for two nights on my healing AH guard without any healing power stat and am starting to understand why cleric armor is going up on the TP. AH guard seems much weaker regardless.

(edited by MaximillianVonSchatten.6278)

in WvW

Kamara.4187

I don’t look at this as a beta test for expansion. I look at it as a period of time before a new meta takes a firm hold on everyone. Back when this game launched there were no metas either. It is difficult to adjust from a time with a mature and stable meta to one where there is no defined meta.

No offence but I don’t sugarcoat reality or make excuses for an industry that has a long history of biting the hand that feeds them.

I may be new to GW2 but I am by no means new to gaming or what goes on on both sides of a game. Things like bugs, exploits, hacks are going to happen and sooner rather than later be addressed in updates. Priority usually depends on how game breaking an issue is.

The industry is well aware that their target market are no longer Nintendo kids. Gamer’s are now adults, but they continue to ignore or address them as if they were clueless kids.

These are blindsiding changes that were decided behind closed doors with a “select” few making the call to radically alter what you have already paid for.

No other industry gets away with doing that to consumers.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

“Blindsiding” changes?

They spent weeks explaining what these changes were, and that they were comming.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Chaba.5410

How do you test a player-created meta?

I’m stating my opinion on the matter. I bought an account for an ever-changing and evolving MMO, not a standalone product that almost never changes. I’ve already played plenty of those games and they are collecting dust in my closet. I’m old enough to know what I bought.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

“Blindsiding” changes?

They spent weeks explaining what these changes were, and that they were comming.

Not only that, but some of that got changed before release as a result of feedback given by the community.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

How do you test a player-created meta?

That would be difficult, but they could test things like piercing grenades, stacking damage on symbols, and similar bugs. I’m surprised some of these made it through to live.

in WvW

Posted by: DevJD.5483

DevJD.5483

Its anets new updates, they want to fix everything that isint broken; therefore making it broken, then following up stating that they are now working on a fix. Its a never ending cycle…. Just ignore it like Anet ignores its veteran players

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Yes they are blindsiding changes and in fact radical. A few weeks? That is exactly the same amount of time given by the most epic blindsiding in MMO history. (If you know your MMO’s you know who I’m talking about)

BTW that company also sent out a fleet of yes boys to do damage control on their forum. In the end it also backfired.

I am giving them the benefit of a doubt by still being here, but had I not pre ordered 4 expansions for my entire family I’m not so sure that would be the case.

So I’m patiently waiting to see, but if it turns south I won’t be hanging around and reliving it for a second time.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

BTW that company also sent out a fleet of yes boys to do damage control on their forum. In the end it also backfired.

Conspiracy everywhere. Way to backhandedly accuse me of being a plant because my opinion doesn’t agree with yours and you’re unable to provide a logical counter argument, not a direct accusation of course because that is too obvious and doesn’t provide plausible deniability. Thanks, but no thanks. I could care less if you don’t buy the expansion, not sure why you care whether others buy it. Don’t buy it, in fact. I wouldn’t give my money a company that I felt didn’t deserve it either.

P.S. I pre-purchased.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

From Mesmer Lock Down Perspective:

• Ele
    not sure. Met some decent ones, met awful ones.
  • Rangers
    well, I believe they need some buffs. They seem not really strong atm to me.
  • Mesmers
    depends. Met awful ones but also met godlike players/builds
  • Engies
    have good burst. If you avoid it, they are kinda useless.
  • Necros
    got nicely buffed and they don’t just die to Lock Down any more.
  • Guards
    burning is ultra strong and Guards can survive for a long time.
  • Warrs
    still very very beefy, even on zerker builds. If they hit, it hurts a lot. I still think of them as the ultra easy mode profession to play on. Can do many mistakes and stil prevail.
  • Thief
    hehe… enjoying fighting Thieves so much. They more than often just die.
[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Chaba.5410

• Engies

I’ve been having trouble pulling off a good burst on my engineer. It seems like the skill queuing is all wonky, making my burst slower than I’d like.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

• Engies

I’ve been having trouble pulling off a good burst on my engineer. It seems like the skill queuing is all wonky, making my burst slower than I’d like.

Don’t know about that. Some managed to burst me, but more often their burst goes into thin air. I don’t play engie myself, so I can’t say if there is some wonkieness^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Conspiracy everywhere. Way to backhandedly accuse me of being a plant because my opinion doesn’t agree with yours and you’re unable to provide a logical counter argument, not a direct accusation of course because that is too obvious and doesn’t provide plausible deniability. Thanks, but no thanks. I could care less if you don’t buy the expansion, not sure why you care whether others buy it. Don’t buy it, in fact. I wouldn’t give my money a company that I felt didn’t deserve it either.

P.S. I pre-purchased.

Sir, I do not know who, or what you are, or who your friends are.
I named no one with my statement. But I have combed the forum here carefully. I do recall reading some of your other post, and yes for the most part it does appear you’ve done a great deal of damage control.
What motivates you to do so? I don’t know, and I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that.
I have also defended a game several times in my life, but because I lived through a major melt down with another game my trust in the industry is fractured at best, and I am very leary if I begin to see similar patterns as those from that event.

That’s my baggage. I wish it was different, and I certainly hope that I am wrong because not only did I purchase this game x4 plus x4 pre orders (before the changes) for my family I’ve also spent a great deal in the gem store. Enough to make most peoples credit cards smoke.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I do recall reading some of your other post, and yes for the most part it does appear you’ve done a great deal of damage control.

Detailing a process to others that personally worked for me to get a GM’s attention to handle hacks seen in WvW is not “damage control”. LOL.

Chaba Tangnu