What do you find OP?

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Condition bunker Chronomancer. Not the standard condition Mes/Chrono, the one that’s more on the defensive side, likely with a bit of healing power, Restorative Illusions and things like that.

This build isn’t quite as common as the standard condition Chrono which isn’t as bad to fight. The full bunker one is just absurdly difficult to kill while still dealing incredibly high damage and personally, not worth the effort to fight.

Other than that, I don’t think any particular builds or professions are OP. Just specific skills and traits that I dislike and might personally find to be overtuned but not necessarily so in the name of balance.

Depending on what you play, different things are going to mean different challenges. WvW is poorly balanced, we’re all aware of this. That doesn’t mean X is OP because it gives you a hard time, though. And asking for nerfs all the time isn’t the right way to figure out why you’re having trouble. Practice and discuss with friends until you understand what the issue is.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

OP to me is something that is significantly difficult to counter consistently while being dangerous all in an average players hands. If it is effective but requires exceptional skill to pull off, not OP at least in the general sense.

A good example of generally not being OP is the Druid. Druids can be so bunker they are near unkillable. Others hit like a truck. However, there are no builds (that I know of) that pull both off with an average driver. There are some extremely well played Druids that are monstrously good but in my experience that centers around exceptional skill. Engineers, Revs and Tempests follow a similar line. They can feel OP but in almost every instance you are dealing with an extremely skilled player with complex rotations. Basically the player is mostly beating you, not solely the build.

Now underwater Rangers/Druids are stupid OP.

Again just my opinion.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

I feel like necro’s can use some tuning down. had a small BL fight the other day (I think about 3 of us vs 5 other roamers) & wound up with 37 bleed stacks, amongst other condis. combat log showed a tic up to 4k. & I’m already taking about every condi cleanse engi offers, including elixirs, elixir-gun, condi mitigation traits.

thief mobility is ridiculous. they can reset almost whenever they feel like it & easily kite anything melee. even 900 range will fall short alot. thought the counters for them used to be CC’s (same as mesmer), but it seems they are alot harder to lock down in recent years.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I feel like necro’s can use some tuning down. had a small BL fight the other day (I think about 3 of us vs 5 other roamers) & wound up with 37 bleed stacks, amongst other condis. combat log showed a tic up to 4k. & I’m already taking about every condi cleanse engi offers, including elixirs, elixir-gun, condi mitigation traits.

Sounds totally valid reason nerf some class. Anet pls nerf all classes so i won’t take lots of dmg in 3 vs 5 fight.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

OP to me is something that is significantly difficult to counter consistently while being dangerous all in an average players hands. If it is effective but requires exceptional skill to pull off, not OP at least in the general sense.

A good example of generally not being OP is the Druid. Druids can be so bunker they are near unkillable. Others hit like a truck. However, there are no builds (that I know of) that pull both off with an average driver. There are some extremely well played Druids that are monstrously good but in my experience that centers around exceptional skill. Engineers, Revs and Tempests follow a similar line. They can feel OP but in almost every instance you are dealing with an extremely skilled player with complex rotations. Basically the player is mostly beating you, not solely the build.

Now underwater Rangers/Druids are stupid OP.

Again just my opinion.

lol, I gotta say that I LOVE it when someone jumps in the water to get away from me. That is a total death sentence…. for them.

… just call me … Tim :)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Raolin Soulherder.3195

Sounds totally valid reason nerf some class. Anet pls nerf all classes so i won’t take lots of dmg in 3 vs 5 fight.

how bout you read my entire post instead of ignoring 90% of it in order to stroke your own ego?

37 bleeds stacks is ridiculous for a small group fight. only 2 were necros & it’s not even like the group was focusing people.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I honestly find nearly everything I use to be OP these days. CS and Chronophantasma on my Chrono feels broken for obvious reasons. Evade uptime and D/P utility+damage on my Daredevil is just ridiculous. PB>RP with ancestor’s seed on my longbow Druid is just obscene especially coupled with access to an equivalent water attunement and a mini mass invis whenever I need.

Other stuff I don’t play regularly but kind of ruins everything includes: the design of Coalescence of Ruin and that ridiculous taunt trait on Revenant, berserk taunt+Arc Divider with it’s ridiculous range on Berserker, auto condi transfer and auto spinal shivers on Necro, the poor design of Spear of Justice and Hunter’s Determination on Dragonhunter, the frustrating sustain available to Scrapper and finally Meteor Shower damage on Ele is just nuts these days and completely invalidates wall defence.

Those are things I can think of that immediately make me sigh.

Gandara

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

There will always be an OP build in wvw because there are too many variables to balance without one class taking a hit to make adjustments. The only way to address it would be to make it more like the pvp mode which means someone will come undone because their shinies got nerfed. I run in all ascended gear with all the bells and whistles. It wouldn’t bother me if it was changed but others continue to resist it.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

There will always be an OP build in wvw because there are too many variables to balance without one class taking a hit to make adjustments. The only way to address it would be to make it more like the pvp mode which means someone will come undone because their shinies got nerfed. I run in all ascended gear with all the bells and whistles. It wouldn’t bother me if it was changed but others continue to resist it.

Its not about the rarity of the player’s gear at all. Its about what stat combos you can make. Changing this would lock many professions into single builds, with any experimentation outside meta leaving you at an insane disadvantage. So…no.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Kamara.4187

Its not about the rarity of the player’s gear at all. Its about what stat combos you can make. Changing this would lock many professions into single builds, with any experimentation outside meta leaving you at an insane disadvantage. So…no.

I disagree. Builds can still be flipped around, and faster with the other system. Its all about the shinies and having an edge over other ppls gear rather than skill with the way it is now.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

WvW is a competitive game mode, which means that any stat sets that were removed from PvP should also be banned from WvW. Rarity of equipment will be fine.

Really the biggest problem is just how much more powerful everything got with HoT.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Kamara.4187

WvW is a competitive game mode, which means that any stat sets that were removed from PvP should also be banned from WvW. Rarity of equipment will be fine.

Really the biggest problem is just how much more powerful everything got with HoT.

I agree with you on that. The power creep along with new elites have made things worse instead of better. Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy the new classes but it all could have been implemented better with HOT in my humble opinion.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Warriors amount of regen without the need to get healling power needs to be nerfed. Same with classes that can rotate skills that allows them to heal evade stealth dodge block invul teleport etc. Some classes can be consistent in that. For now ghost thiefs and perma dodge thiefs are what i find more broken since there is litle counter for them. You need to spec specificaly for them and waste valuable utilitys traits just to TRY to survive them.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

the preference for balance towards pve spam gameplay is dammn OP

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Ryu.5801

Ryu.5801

Its rotational blocks/invulns can be up about 80% of the time during a fight. The impressive part is they don’t have to give up much DPS to get that. The DH builds are already difficult to melee much less having to wait for a tiny window to open so a player can do damage. It is the strongest low skill floor build IMO. Guardians can be kited. That isn’t an option with most DH builds. Their Virtues are simply stupid good.

Don’t exaggerate – it is obvious you are qq’ing as a thief which most other players only have a tiny window of killing. The blocks/invulns you talk about have a long cast time that can be interrupted very easily and they all have a very long cd. Worst part is that except for shield of courage, which doesn’t block from the back, you can’t deal damage while using the blocks/invulns so not as effective as you are trying to make it out to be. It is like saying thief has 90% blocks/invulns because they are in stealth for that amount of time.

Classes that allow skill spamming are easily the most low skilled and the strongest low skill floor of them all is a thief running perma evade or spamming stunlock. Oh, I stuffed up, let’s spam another skill or stealth out – initiative uptime is not even remotely an issue. I’ve played this class enough to know how easy it is and DH are never an issue – I run power stunlock when using thief in case you were wondering.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

If only there were a structured competitive game mode in which players could kill other players.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Warriors amount of regen without the need to get healling power needs to be nerfed. Same with classes that can rotate skills that allows them to heal evade stealth dodge block invul teleport etc. Some classes can be consistent in that. For now ghost thiefs and perma dodge thiefs are what i find more broken since there is litle counter for them. You need to spec specificaly for them and waste valuable utilitys traits just to TRY to survive them.

It looks like you player a Reaper. You know you have tools to prevent most of that regen, right? Looking at you poison, chill, and fear… (and dodge, when they’ve got resistance up).

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

.. they have resistance up for a ridiculously long time – far too long for a slow class like reaper to kite/evade.

.. they have pulsing stability up as long or longer than resistance.

Unless the reaper is spec’d for lots of boon corrupts, they are probably going to have a bad time.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Its rotational blocks/invulns can be up about 80% of the time during a fight. The impressive part is they don’t have to give up much DPS to get that. The DH builds are already difficult to melee much less having to wait for a tiny window to open so a player can do damage. It is the strongest low skill floor build IMO. Guardians can be kited. That isn’t an option with most DH builds. Their Virtues are simply stupid good.

Don’t exaggerate – it is obvious you are qq’ing as a thief which most other players only have a tiny window of killing. The blocks/invulns you talk about have a long cast time that can be interrupted very easily and they all have a very long cd. Worst part is that except for shield of courage, which doesn’t block from the back, you can’t deal damage while using the blocks/invulns so not as effective as you are trying to make it out to be. It is like saying thief has 90% blocks/invulns because they are in stealth for that amount of time.

Classes that allow skill spamming are easily the most low skilled and the strongest low skill floor of them all is a thief running perma evade or spamming stunlock. Oh, I stuffed up, let’s spam another skill or stealth out – initiative uptime is not even remotely an issue. I’ve played this class enough to know how easy it is and DH are never an issue – I run power stunlock when using thief in case you were wondering.

Yeah such long cast times smh lol.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Choppy.4183

.. they have resistance up for a ridiculously long time – far too long for a slow class like reaper to kite/evade.

Unless the reaper is spec’d for lots of boon corrupts, they are probably going to have a bad time.

And if they are, Reapers are the best equipped to remove it. Not to say that’s always so easy (especially when they’re running lots of boons), but kiting them for 12-18s (depending on their setup) isn’t impossible, Reapers can tank a bunch of it, and then the warrior is pretty boned against condis.

And dodging their F1 burst is how you deny them 2/3 of their healing, unless they’re running bow (which most don’t these days).

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

How exactly does a thief spam stunlock? They have one weapon slot that stuns and that PW in the s/p set which few use. Basi Venom can stun but that a single use on a 40 second cooldown. How do they stunlock an opponent?

There a significant difference between a daze and a stun. Warriors and mesmers are far more capable of stunlocking an opponent even with skills that go on cooldown because they have multiple skills that can stun. Added to that the duration of warrior stuns are far greater then the stun off Basi or off Pistol whip. (as in headbutt is three seconds PW is .5 seconds. It pretty hard to stun lock anyone with a .5 second stun using a skill that has a longer channel time than that .5 seconds)

(edited by babazhook.6805)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

It looks like you player a Reaper. You know you have tools to prevent most of that regen, right? Looking at you poison, chill, and fear… (and dodge, when they’ve got resistance up).

Ima a 5 char player actually and having a warrior myself i still defend what i said. It needs if anything adrenal health nerfed or to scale with healling. What does not make sense in this game is such a huge amount of regen available without sacrificing dps gear or traits. Im sorry but this will never be right.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

And if they are, Reapers are the best equipped to remove it. Not to say that’s always so easy (especially when they’re running lots of boons), but kiting them for 12-18s (depending on their setup) isn’t impossible, Reapers can tank a bunch of it, and then the warrior is pretty boned against condis.

And dodging their F1 burst is how you deny them 2/3 of their healing, unless they’re running bow (which most don’t these days).

A thief traited RS along with BT can also strip away warrior boons .

My own can rip away 6 boons in under a second and one more on top that if there another stun inflicted while attacking from stealth.

Given there only 11 boons and warrior usually does not have high access to all, you can generally strip a warrior clean of them in short order. I tend to find that many warriors that rly on resistance lack Condition cleanse meaning that once that resistance peeled off all of those conditions on them hit them full force and they can have a hard time getting rid of them. If they do have ire you kite.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

how bout you read my entire post instead of ignoring 90% of it in order to stroke your own ego?

37 bleeds stacks is ridiculous for a small group fight. only 2 were necros & it’s not even like the group was focusing people.

37 stacks / 5 = 7.4 stacks. Sure that is ridiculous.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Ima a 5 char player actually and having a warrior myself i still defend what i said. It needs if anything adrenal health nerfed or to scale with healling. What does not make sense in this game is such a huge amount of regen available without sacrificing dps gear or traits. Im sorry but this will never be right.

Drop down to vanilla warrior and you’ll see that it isn’t OP at all. The earlier suggestion to deal with the particular problem you’re talking about is to (1) reduce the number of adren stages a primal burst counts for (i.e. shouldn’t be 3), and (2) reduce the range of Arc Divider. Those two things would go a long way to crimp the easy sustain the Berserker has atm. Headbutt also need an increased CD, but that doesn’t relate to the issue you’re raising.

That said, I was just responding to your comment with some tips that a lot of people (particularly those who don’t play warrior) don’t know. I wasn’t meaning to imply Berserker was fine as is.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

OriOri.8724

How exactly does a thief spam stunlock? They have one weapon slot that stuns and that PW in the s/p set which few use. Basi Venom can stun but that a single use on a 40 second cooldown. How do they stunlock an opponent?

There a significant difference between a daze and a stun. Warriors and mesmers are far more capable of stunlocking an opponent even with skills that go on cooldown because they have multiple skills that can stun. Added to that the duration of warrior stuns are far greater then the stun off Basi or off Pistol whip. (as in headbutt is three seconds PW is .5 seconds. It pretty hard to stun lock anyone with a .5 second stun using a skill that has a longer channel time than that .5 seconds)

I agree, if we are talking stuns there are better classes than thief to do it.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Raolin Soulherder.3195

37 bleeds stacks is ridiculous for a small group fight. only 2 were necros & it’s not even like the group was focusing people

37 stacks / 5 = 7.4 stacks. Sure that is ridiculous.

learn to read, troll

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I see no point in balance discussions anymore since HoT – yes they toned down a few excessive OP things, you could call it “balancing” – but all things considered the state of class design / power balance is much worse than when the game started and as pointed out above by others would need massive redesign and balance work. good thing everything hits hard as hell and heals a lot in HoT so you don’t really notice it that much, the game still makes a good impression of an action mmorpg.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Zerg server is the most OP in WvW

Guild Wars 2 Forever

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Long and frequent Resistance uptime while giving immunity against things like soft cc and blinds is over the top.

(edited by santenal.1054)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Long and frequent Resistance uptime while giving immunity against things like soft cc and blinds is over the top.

Because heavy condi builds aren’t easy enough already? You know, especially with boon corruption, etc?

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Because heavy condi builds aren’t easy enough already? You know, especially with boon corruption, etc?

There’s plenty of power builds that rely on soft cc’s to survive…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

+1
This guy gets it.

(edited by santenal.1054)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Like?

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Since people have been talking about mostly 1 vs 1 balance and super small man, I’ll throw in deathly chill reaper for large scale fights, I’ve played nothing but condi reaper since the change and am still amazed at how ridiculous it is, 40 bleed stacks + a bunch of cover condis near instantly and I run dual boon corrupts with nullification sigils so I can burn down even a warrior/ revenant by corrupting/removing their resistance.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

I disagree. Builds can still be flipped around, and faster with the other system. Its all about the shinies and having an edge over other ppls gear rather than skill with the way it is now.

Would absolutely hate an amulet type system in wvw. Making weird mixnmatch stat builds and then testing them against other players is a good chunk of the fun in WvW.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Since people have been talking about mostly 1 vs 1 balance and super small man.

It’s because as you scale the conflicts up in size individual effects become less noticeable. Yeah warriors are still super tanky with double invlun and a shield block on a class with crazy regen, heavy armour and highest base HP’s. But that doesnt really matter in a 40 on 40. Likewise those chronophantasma clones are going to instadie in a zerg fight. And thieves will just auto blow up to random AoE.

These things only become noticeable in a microcosm of the format. It’s also why i dont see Anet ever changing anything for WvW based around small scale fights.

They did change CoR but tbf it was almost game breaking in the larger scale fights. A zerg popping out 20k CoR’s from the 2 or 3 glass cannon Rev’s. This i think shows how much balance testing Anet does for WvW large scale conflicts(none).

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

While thiefs are anoying and stealth on ghost thief is too much i don´t feel they are OP. It´s impossilbe to chatch good one´s that´s some kind of issue especially a psycological ….

Warrior has too much packed on him. Either adrenal health gets some shave or maybe cleansing ire needs some ICD. In total, mobility, CC, damage, condi resistance, burst resistance is too much. There should be more focus depending on build. More offens but less defence and if you build tanky then lower damage …

Condi crono is the most OP class out… Sad but close to uncatchable if good combined with the best duel build out there. You run out of cleanse even if you are a cleansbot …

Well and the epi zergfighting is some kind of failed design … the whole resistance stuff is a fail for me. The game did´t need resistance. Using it as a patch for some out of hand condi builds is not good.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Since people have been talking about mostly 1 vs 1 balance and super small man, I’ll throw in deathly chill reaper for large scale fights, I’ve played nothing but condi reaper since the change and am still amazed at how ridiculous it is, 40 bleed stacks + a bunch of cover condis near instantly and I run dual boon corrupts with nullification sigils so I can burn down even a warrior/ revenant by corrupting/removing their resistance.

Given the fact that a good chunk of those 40 bleed stacks come from large-aoe shouts, large-aoe unblockable marks, etc, it’s not unusual to just get 40 stacks of bleed in the middle of a battle instantly and have no idea where they came from.

I’m kind of surprised they didn’t apply the pvp balance to wvw there. I’m sure they’ll remember next balance patch…

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

A person in full ascended has about a 5% stat boost/damage boost over an opponent in full exotic. I’d hardly say that constitutes a World of Gearcraft style edge. Its not nearly enough to decide the outcome of the fight, and using “ascended vs exotic” as an excuse that one lost a fight would be asinine.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

A person in full ascended has about a 5% stat boost/damage boost over an opponent in full exotic. I’d hardly say that constitutes a World of Gearcraft style edge. Its not nearly enough to decide the outcome of the fight, and using “ascended vs exotic” as an excuse that one lost a fight would be asinine.

He probably meant the new HoT stats that require a lot of grind as opposed to the old stats that you could just purchase from various sources (including a vendor in wvw that sells them for badges).

But I’m with you, build variety is a must if this game has any hope of survival. The amulet system is garbage.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I don’t know many chronos that run mimic on their bar in WvW. I might just not know competent chronos though, its entirely possible.

As to CS. I always defend it because our elites are so kitten lackluster without it. I mean moa is nice, but a 6 second transform on a 3 minute CD, on top of it being very hard to land it just bullkitten. If our elites were properly adjusted (not least of all unnerfing Moa back to 10 second duration), then I think overall mesmer would be more balanced if CS didn’t affect our elite skills, but still affected everything else. It still allows for some pretty good plays on the chrono’s part but removes double elites. And if you also combined that by changing SoIllusions active effect to only clear 50% of the shatters CD instead of take them all off CD instantly it would remove a huge source of possible skill spam from chrono.

You don’t run it for the active (moa), you run it for the passive to stack and maximize certain builds, but the bonus is lackluster and you are correct that you can simply use your other alternatives which are much better filling the slot and more flexible to accomodate more builds / playstyles.

As far as original topic goes, I don’t really find anything OP. There are plenty team comps to counter every situation and this is a team game. Solo, if you pick on a target thats designed to be your hard counter, that’s on you being dumb not on the mechanics.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Lol @ people who die to ranger pets.
Seriously, sidestep the pet. You don’t even need to dodge.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I fought a condi warrior the other night, longbow mace/shield. Fight lasted like 4 hours because of the bunkering and extreme crutch their build tree offers.

Real men play death shroud necro.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I fought a condi warrior the other night, longbow mace/shield. Fight lasted like 4 hours because of the bunkering and extreme crutch their build tree offers.

But everyone knows that Necro is the hardest thing to kill, easiest class to play, and most faceroll because you get a second life bar! (/s)

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

But everyone knows that Necro is the hardest thing to kill, easiest class to play, and most faceroll because you get a second life bar! (/s)

Necro isn’t the easiest kill, its the most reliable kill.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

If the fight lasted for 4 hours then you lasted for 4 hours.Why is one build a crutch and the other not?

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Necromancer is a lot like Warrior. It’s skill ceiling escalates exponentially the better your opponent is.

It’s easy to pick it up and go but against people who know what they’re doing, it becomes a lot more difficult and requires a lot more baiting due to cast times and tells.

I had a literal 10 minute long 2v1 just yesterday, that I really wish I recorded, that I ended up quitting and walking away from because the 2 couldn’t kill me and I couldn’t kill them ( bunker support Guardian cleansing and buffing a glassy Berserker ). The Warrior kept feeding my Life Force attacking me when I had Spectrals up and the Guardian kept reviving the Warrior every time I got him down.

Kind of unrelated but I just wanted to state that if you can manage your Life Force properly and you’re not completely overwhelmed with players (not getting zerged to death), Necro can be amazingly hard to kill. It’s all about proper usage of Shroud and Life Force management but you very rarely find people who do it properly.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Necromancer is a lot like Warrior. It’s skill ceiling escalates exponentially the better your opponent is.

It’s easy to pick it up and go but against people who know what they’re doing, it becomes a lot more difficult and requires a lot more baiting due to cast times and tells.

I had a literal 10 minute long 2v1 just yesterday, that I really wish I recorded, that I ended up quitting and walking away from because the 2 couldn’t kill me and I couldn’t kill them ( bunker support Guardian cleansing and buffing a glassy Berserker ). The Warrior kept feeding my Life Force attacking me when I had Spectrals up and the Guardian kept reviving the Warrior every time I got him down.

Kind of unrelated but I just wanted to state that if you can manage your Life Force properly and you’re not completely overwhelmed with players (not getting zerged to death), Necro can be amazingly hard to kill. It’s all about proper usage of Shroud and Life Force management but you very rarely find people who do it properly.

You forgot the having shroud when going into fights aspect, or rather when a gank duo jumps you just outside spawn. I see so many necros dying because they haven’t had chance to build any LF before someone engages on them.

What do you find OP?

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Necro is kind of easy outplay because there really isn’t many specs that can get life force well in 1 vs 1 fights.