What do you like to see before Season Two?

in WvW

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

List what you like to see before Season Two here so its easy for Anet to read through.

Some things I would like,

• Free one time server transfer (it would be an item mailed to you in game and you can use it anytime you want – even after Season Two if you decide to stay on your server).
  • Additional incentives to transfer to a lower tier server (e.g. get free gems by transferring – the lower the tier the more free gems).
  • AC goes back to the old damage level – except when you have the [Outmanned] buff.
  • Tournament ticket has a “rare level” chance to drop on killing players.
  • Additional tournament tickets are awarded to first, second, and third place servers.
http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

(edited by hints.8036)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

AC damage is fine. People on rams literally take the time to type “LOL at regular ACs” while being rained on.

No on rewards based on kill count – that’s the opposite of incentives for people to move down.

I’d like to see scaling of the transfer cost from top rank to lowest rank that goes from 1800 to 0.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I wanna see more karma, to me WvW is the best way to get karma since the nerf – more karma = less grinding?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Account bound WXP.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Some sort of actual WvW specific balance changes. WvW isn’t PvP. It needs to be balanced differently. This was needed before the first leagues as well… guess they haven’t gotten the msg yet or just don’t care.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Dev’s that listen to their player base, Account bound Wxp, a season schedule that is somewhat balanced, transfer costs based on WvW server rank not based on how many players your server had once upon a time running pve, Commander tag changes that have been asked for since the beggining of time, and finally Anet to announce they realize the rwards for season 1 were a joke and season 2 will be slightly less of a joke.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Reduce the damage from seige.
account bound wxp.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

WvW lvl points account bound except 5first lvl with is only on 1 character, so fo you have one that is 42 one 578 on 284 then you get 42+573+279=894 points on all characters, you should still se the lvl you se now on your different characters.

No limit to how many players AOE attacks can hit.

Commanders should be able to change color on commander tag and select show only squad, Guild, Party or All.

More points for the server for kills, less for capping undefended tower, keep, SM.

The different % I set depend on how many defenders there is, this goes for all Supply camps, Towers, Keeps and SM:
Paper you get 10-20% what you get now.
T1 20-40% what you get now.
T2 40-60% what you get now.
T3 60-100% what you get now.
The different lvl are Wall/Gate reinforce one T, Fortify wall one T, Way Point (mortar on towers) one T, on Supply camp it is Increase Supply Deliveries one T, Hire Caravan Guard one T and then both lvl 2 for 3T.
And for defending side you get more the higher lvl it is.
Paper Camp 2Points, Tower 3Points, Keep 10Points, SM 15Points.
T1 Camp 3Points, Tower 5Points, Keep 15Points, SM 25Points.
T2 Camp 5Points, Tower 10Points, Keep 20Points, SM 30Points.
T3 Camps 7Points, Tower 12Points, Keep 25Points, SM 35Points.

So Camps and Tower you will get abit more points if it is fully upgraded then you get now, but in general you will get less points.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Account bound WXP.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

- guilds running 15-25 man only in open field (not only in gvg and after blob)
- more incentives to gvg in open field
- better guild management
- bigger focus on GUILD wars
- no blobs – no karma trains, no loot trains,no pvd sessions
- no farm sessions on new eotm pve map
- limited siege on keeps/towers/castle
- multiple targets marking system
- no downed state in wvw
- no mobs in wvw maps
- account bound wxp
- more incentives to play GUILD wars as guild and not blob
- removing the target cap
- more modes to pvp – give us the deathmatch at last

- would like to see ANET realizing that GW2 has a pearl that needs to be polished – wvw is what distinguish the game from any other mmo on the market (not pve which is rather boring or pvp which has only 1 mode)

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

- no pvd
- get rid of golems
- Some sort of out manned buff on keeps/garrisons making them either impossible to capture or making it impossible for the enemy to build up siege inside. (wishful thinking).
- account bound wxp
- balance siege so it becomes a viable defensive weapon.
- cut down the cost of upgrades to towers/keeps/camps & garrisons – making upgrades a little more worthwhile when involved in bad mismatches.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

• Temporary block on transfers
  • Double points scored against whichever server is leading at any one time
  • Waypoints disabled when you are leading the scoring
  • Split up blobs – two “capture” circles instead of just one in larger objectives i.e. keeps
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

1. Account bound wxp, the most important change we are all waiting on.
2. Adding second sigil to two handed weapons.
3. Changes to commander tags.
4. Lower cost to transfer to lower servers, leave the cost at max for T1 and T2, need to spread the population out otherwise these tournaments are pointless.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: amonian.3596

amonian.3596

wvw is almost dead. pvp is dead. only pvd and karma train. no fun

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Account bound WXP.

I am waiting patiently. but my patience wear thin....

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I’d like to see EoTM contribute to the servers success, but that is just a dream.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

List what you like to see before Season Two here so its easy for Anet to read through.

Some things I would like,

• Free one time server transfer (it would be an item mailed to you in game and you can use it anytime you want – even after Season Two if you decide to stay on your server).
  • Additional incentives to transfer to a lower tier server (e.g. get free gems by transferring – the lower the tier the more free gems).
  • AC goes back to the old damage level – except when you have the [Outmanned] buff.
  • Tournament ticket has a “rare level” chance to drop on killing players.
  • Additional tournament tickets are awarded to first, second, and third place servers.

I agree with all of those except the AC one. Don’t know if that needs to be done.
“#”2 definitely needs to happen (in conjunction with “#”1), otherwise its all predetermined again…

Main thing I want to see happen is Anet giving people reason to break away from the top tier server(s). Without equal populations/coverage, the whole concept of the “tournament” is pointless, since some/most servers have no chance of winning.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I’d like to see server transfer costs changed, based on wvw rank, not on population. The average cost could remain 1800 for revenue stability but it should cost more for higher ranked servers:

Tier 1: 5000
Tier 2: 4000
Tier 3: 2000
Tier 4: 1200
Tier 5: 800
Tier 6: 600
Tier 7: 500
Tier 8: 300

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Make matches competitive, before starting a competition.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’d like to see server transfer costs changed, based on wvw rank, not on population. The average cost could remain 1800 for revenue stability but it should cost more for higher ranked servers:

Tier 1: 5000
Tier 2: 4000
Tier 3: 2000
Tier 4: 1200
Tier 5: 800
Tier 6: 600
Tier 7: 500
Tier 8: 300

I agree with this, except you would want all the gems adjusted so you can’t just stack on the top servers at the bottom of the leagues, or however it works.

Agreed with OP though, needs to be drastic incentives to play on servers expected to do poorly or doing poorly. Top servers can get titles or finishers or whatever, and bottom servers can get massive gold/chance at ascended/whatever to keep them playing.

The game would be better off if populations evened out, and the last league made things worse before it made them better. This is a chance to try to smooth it out more.

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Scrap WvW altogether and tweak EoTM.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I want to be able to purchase an item, costing gems + badges that allows me to reset my kitten WXP trait points WHEN I WANT TO, and not just once a blue moon.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Account bound WXP.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

As i said in other topic with new things to see before season:

Bugs/exploit fixes.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: buckeyecro.9614

buckeyecro.9614

However, I think a great reward system would include three parts:

1. Server Rating at the End (gives incentive to transfer up and spend gems)
  2. Individual Participation (Completing the Meta Achievement)
  3. Bonus Rewards
    a. Awarded if you transferred to a server ranked lower than your
    previous server (gives incentive to transfer down and spend gems)
    b. Complete certain non-meta achievements/ other things.

Each part would allow the player to, at the very minimum select 1 of the “BEST” rewards. At the very minimum, each player should by the end of the Tournament, be able to select at least 1 of the best rewards no matter how their world scored in the tournament. This would make staying loyal to the losing servers somewhat worth while. Otherwise there’s no real point to participating in the tournament, unless you are on a server that has a very realistic chance at winning the entire tournament.

When it comes down to it, better coverage and inter and intra-server politics reigns supreme, and thereby dilutes individual skill when determining who wins a match up. Thus the reward system can somewhat mitigate these effects by providing incentive to a majority of the players.

Sanctum of Rall NA Engineer Commander

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Beta Environment

(edited by buckeyecro.9614)

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

A revised scoring system that scales the points-per-tick with the current player activity.