1.Your class/role or designation/weaponset
2.The food you use
3.The utilities you use

4. Explanation of the choices made above if needed

i.e.
Warrior – Gunflame – Gs/rifle
winterberry seaweed as the junk food; carrot-souffle/springroll as the main
Potent sharpening stones, furious maintenance oil, thesis of masterful strength

Explanation: I have alot of seaweed leftover and its still ‘okay’ for roaming duty and getting around maps like desert since I lack movespeed. For real combat though it is lackluster. Carrot souffle doesn’t compare to the old 10% damage seaweed, but its the closest thing I can find atm. Requires a kill to get the 30 second uptime of 200 power…leading to a total of 270 in stats. Requires killing some pve before engaging competent enemies or just a general slower windup when dealing damage and kills. Once you get rolling though its an okay food. It also applies to gs but gs got nerfed alot……so its overall just….is what it is, makes the best of a horrid situation. I’m really enjoying springroll atm https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spring_Roll. And it might become my new main food all the time….its just great having perma swiftness and fury uptime with my build since its usually slow and I need 100% crit rate to get do my damage.

For utilities I hate using anything that isn’t lvl 80. ALWAYS take a lvl 80 utility with you. Furious maintenance oil is my preference over furious sharpening stone since it gives vitality instead of toughness. I run scholar and I prefer the vitality to give me a larger window ‘in general’ from which to have access to that 90% or higher hp for extra damage buff. Furious are relatively expensive atm so only use for tough situations to get the extra bit of tank+dmg. And thesis is really only used when I have a utility booster available (buy when on sale)….otherwise there’s no way to justify its use since its 2g or more per 30 mins.

OVerall I’m killing about 23s per 30 minutes of food/utility uptime…. So 46s per hour of play, which is pretty good for lvl 80’s cost wise.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

What food/utilities you run now?

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

1. Your class/role or designation/weaponset (Daredevil – D/P + P/P)
2. The food you use (Jerk Poultry and Nopal Flatbread Sandwich)
3. The utilities you use (Writ of Masterful Strength or Potent Superior Sharpening Stone)

4. Explanation of the choices made above if needed
- Main build goal is to do as push as much damage as possible for bursting purposes. With the ideal set up (max stacks of might from P/P and full bloodlust) I can push 4100 power and maintain about ~3800. Where I primarily focus on PPK (unless im pugmanding), this helps me get really fast kills and able to hit 15k+ backstabs.

I have literally deleted a condi reaper with full shroud in under 4s.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Pewpew beambeam drood. Mostly roaming so i take the loaves of saffron bread with me to have some chance to deal with condi clowns. Oh and sharpening stones.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

1. Trailblazer&Dire Reaper/Rallybot
  2. Ghost Pepper Poppers/Saffron-scented Poultry Soup/Roasted Lotus Root/Saffron Stuffed Mushrooms
  3. Icicles
  4. More Chills, More Bleeds/Remove a Condi/OMG teh Stun/Moar Damage
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

1. Commander’s scrapper, roaming
2. Bowl of Nopalitos Saut, or Fried Golden Dumpling as budget option
3. Magnanimous Sharpening Stone
4. 102% boon duration on scrapper with some elixirs is fun.

(edited by Samug.6512)

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Multiple builds so starting with the one.

1>Thief Roamer Daredevil P/P staff.
2>Fried Golden Dumplings
3>Bountiful sharpening stones
4>Using a boon duration build can stack might off dumplings alone via unload equal to many Power foods. Base boon duration ~75 percent (all +100 percent when swapping to p/p with sigil of concentration)). Uber high swiftness fury uptime and most importantly Quickness for devasting bursts in staff after might stacked using flanking strike/haste.

Also works nice with Consume plasma. (whats not to like about ~6 secs resist and ~20 prootection on thief)

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Mintberry swirl ice cream/poultry soup and potent superior stones on most builds. On necro, the only condi I run anymore, I use cactus fruit salad and tuning icicles.

Mussels gnashblade/poultry soup in zergs for power claases. Sometimes rev/ele used seaweed salad (RIP)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

More healing and boon duration for the condi gods.
So Magnanimous Tuning Crystal and Delicious Rice Ball because that the only way you can play ele these days in wvw groups effectively with out simply being a “if a person see you you die” class for nearly no reward.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’d like some advice for a small group ele, I feel like ele has been crapped on & thought I was out of touch but about a week of nonstop pvp has showed me I’m not out of touch, the ele class is with conditions; what gear should I wear on my ele? I’m currently crafting zerker ascended for raids but want to also craft a set for wvw. Should I just play another class that actually has build diversity? Or am I missing something?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I do marauders with minstrel trinkets for defense. For starting out I suggest more defensive things like cleric and cele.

Take diamond skin and cleansing water with lightning flash and that cantrip trait in water.
And no condi meta greatly reduces choices.
You should stalemate most things at worst. If still having issues, use fiery gs to get out.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Conquest D/P DareDevil build right now with varied armor stats for more or less vitality or staff with Escapists Absolution (condi clear) and Bound dodge for SMC fights.

Loaf of Saffron Bread because I know I’m going to be pulled and Furious Maintenance Oil just to roll up stats to where I want them. I switch around a lot and I’ll eat anything free.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

1. D/P teef power
2. Plate of orrian steak frittes, hardened sharpening stones.
3. New DD heal (forgot name), shadowstep, bandit defense, sig of agility, basi

1. For many years.
2. I am cheap.
3. Best of the bunch.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Delicious Rice Ball
Potion of karka toughness

Used consecrations after update, still useless, retaliation on virtues and consecrations is a joke…tipical Anet.
Using mostly shouts+trooper with blocks (1sec icd) removing condis and still die with tons of condis XD
Even mace shield blocks will remove condi and heal arround 1k, still die to condi easilly, on a low damage weapon set.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

1. Tempest – zerker (Air/Water/Tempest)/Backline zergling – Suicide solo roamer/Staff
2. Bowl of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup
3. Healing glyph/mist form/armor of earth/Lightning flash/Tornado
4. Because it is a very good backline build that is fun to use with lightning rod and very challenging (stupid?) to solo roam with.