What happend to SFR?

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Hey,

What happened to SFR? They were first for a long time and now all the sudden they dropped to the 8th spot!?

What the heck happened?

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

You could get more info about it if you ask them on their server-site (pevepe.net), but here’s a “short” summary:

After ViZ destroyed themselves (Troma left afaik), SFR became the #1 server, back then it was still “based on” mostly guilds (community’s majority was in wvw-guilds, even if they were scouting/small-scale guilds), which then slowly got transformed into a pugserver because it remained open to transfers for a very long time.

Bored with the “no challenge” situation and/or not good enough average fighting quality, “a lot” core-members/guilds left the server to search for more fun wvw experience (what they mostly found afaik), leaving SFR with a lot of pugs but not enough good commanders/active wvw-guilds.
But as even the enemies had no motivation for pure-PPT matchups, the pug-coverage with “nightcap” still let SFR remain #1, even though the quality was way worse than before.

Then came the new server-status calculation, which made SFR full.
F2P and back-for-HoT guilds couldn’t get there as it was full for a long time even when barely anyone was on the borders, struggling to get a “decent-numbered zerg” on the BLs, outnumbered in prime-time/friday reset outside EBG.
This made SFR fall in the PPT-rankings fast, to the place where it belongs with the state it has now.

What the future will be none knows, but at least SFR has some guilds again who could transfer back to their “motherserver” when SFR became open again.
(And as we all know Kresh, he’ll not stop searching for transfers until SFR is full again. For The PPT! )

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

You just have to believe it, SFR has become a PvE server

Oh hi bubi, I heard you like PvE

I think it’s good now for SFR to do down that fast. So pugs will leave and we can rebuild it back to how it was 2-3 years ago !

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Politics happened. And egos. Add them together and the atmosphere got pretty toxic with a lot of name calling on TS and guilds infighting and fighting each other. Check out the OP’s language for the elitism and denigration of ‘pugs’. Or Fow’s reply about pugs.

The night coverage left, and that’s when the PPT started really dropping. There were many occasions during prime time that the tick was low as the ‘leet’ guilds were busy ‘enjoying’ gvgs on the BL- although running into each other repeatedly doesn’t seem to require that much skill (just learn skill rotation, blast, blah blah) and almost zero tactics, just stay in a blob.

Have to admit ppt did get boring and larger scale fights around objectives was much more fun when some basic tactics were involved….

So many ‘wvw’ guilds transferred off to the next servers down. This is called ‘bandwagonning’ but apparently when they do it, it’s OK, but was all they complained about whilst in SFR. Now they are happily ruining another server’s wvw until such time as they decide it’s time to transfer again leaving behind another mess.

Rather than bring in the pugs and train them up (ok, a lot of them don’t speak English and don’t listen and are not good, playing in pve specs) they moaned constantly, set up closed guild raids, filled BL’s with gvgs and didn’t bother with the capping or the score.

It will take a long time until numbers improve and SFR starts playing again, if at all. Being full while there is almost no one anywhere except EB sometimes isn’t helping matters.

It’s become a snowball effect. It’s funny that those who spoke most loudly about server loyalty are the same that left in search of another server to bandwaggon- in fact they mainly left to join two other servers, so they could fight each other.

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Everything must falls once

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: dgzsl.3568

dgzsl.3568

Also in SFR they are frequently outnumbered, even on their own borderland! Plus the newest addition with the auto-upgrade-to-fortified-cause-no-one-caps-it-back-at-night features makes it even harder to cap back, provided that it’s already hard to get a full group to roam to begin with.

And because of that no one would totally bandwagon to desolation or something as such!

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Please don;t come to Desolation if you’re a PPT PVD hero from SFR, we don’t want you.

Go NA server, Yaks bend still open, NA is PVD PPT hero servers.

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Well, i wanted to transfer to an European server, which one has the best prospects at the moment?

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Aurora Glade, all PPT PVD heroes are transferring to AG.

Majority who left Desolation after we tanked to get rid of them went to AG, same for SFR PPT heroes recently after SFR WvW community decided to tank and get rid of them too, they mostly all moved to AG.

So, there’s your honest answer.

Some nice people on AG too, I’m not saying it’s a bad server, it’s just THE server all the PPT PVD heroes are stacking on at the moment in EU.

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Aurora Glade, all PPT PVD heroes are transferring to AG.

Majority who left Desolation after we tanked to get rid of them went to AG, same for SFR PPT heroes recently after SFR WvW community decided to tank and get rid of them too, they mostly all moved to AG.

So, there’s your honest answer.

Some nice people on AG too, I’m not saying it’s a bad server, it’s just THE server all the PPT PVD heroes are stacking on at the moment in EU.

I was on sfr since 2013, 28th of january i vent there because my server were dead
and i wanted to move before paid transfers.
The server died when all the biggest guilds transfered to fsp
I never seen so much competition since when we started to fight them
Most of them was not even skilled its just that they had organised blobs
bigger than most of our pug blobs. Everything were starting to tear apart
So i left to AG to get away from my server. its pure coincidence that
those who didn’t go to fsp and deso are now comming along not planned.
We did however get one of the best PPT guilds and the backbone of sfr for a long time.
I’m not going to mention any names right now not to derail thread.
I find it pretty offensive how you label everyone not associated with a raiding guild bad ppt players i am gold invader with 96.000 frags atleast 90k of those since sfr.

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Actually all PTT heroes, bandwagoners and f2p players stacked in deso. Look at that score. They PPT like crazy.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

not really, i mean js and viz have 40 morning players we at max 15 lol.
That there are no enemies in the night and deso has 10 to 15 players, i dont blame the ppting then i blame enemies for not showing up. Everyone should know this by now xD.

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

That there are no enemies in the night and deso has 10 to 15 players, i dont blame the ppting then i blame enemies for not showing up. Everyone should know this by now xD.

We did win tier 1 match 94 times this way and everytime somebody whined about it.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

We did win tier 1 match 94 times this way and everytime somebody whined about it.

Well people whined, cause sfr found themselves good and very good even, while everything was due to their way overstacked numbers compared to other servers, you can easily fill a gap of 10 to 15 people, but you cannot with 200 to 300 hundred, cause that was litterly the difference + wiping against any opponent you see unless you get your full zone blob against 20 guys and then saying you are good.
That was the issue with SFR, now that all of their bandwagoners left they are actually finally an awesome server to fight against.

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think every server in EU has had a bandwagoning phase .. where the regulars just sit tight, hold their breath, and wait for them to move on to the next flavour of the week

When they land en masse though, gosh, it’s just chaos for a while.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Deso has up to 20-40 players at night actually, but nevermind., it’s not like T1 is ‘competitive’ anymore.

SFR pretty much had problems with bandwagoners, a lack of guilds during prime time to fight, all they had is coverage to win PPT.

It’s like in the past when Anet stupidly opened up free transfers, they were just flooded with pugs, with no clue what to do, although most pugs don’t know what they’re doing or are just roaming among themselves, although SFR had alot of of dedicated sniping groups, no chance of that happening often on the new borders.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

What happend to SFR?

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

Well, i wanted to transfer to an European server, which one has the best prospects at the moment?

SFR, server is probably the best EU choice in fighting terms, lacking only numbers now!
You can check my chanel to see SFR vs almost all gold servers:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMwVQxRKad3j8dWOcZzXGyA

P.S. Only BB, Piken and Gandara missing, I have some fresh videos about Piken and BB on the way – not much difference than rest

(edited by Sin.4130)