What happened to Blackgate?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

I haven’t played since before the expansion came out so I just logged in to see my home server, Blackgate, losing by a mile when the opposite used to be true. And we’re losing to Yak’s Bend? WTF LOL! Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone or what? Where’s Beastgate?!

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

I haven’t played since before the expansion came out so I just logged in to see my home server, Blackgate, losing by a mile when the opposite used to be true. And we’re losing to Yak’s Bend? WTF LOL! Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone or what? Where’s Beastgate?!

They spend a lot of time reminiscing about the good ole days and not much time trying to actually win. I’m currently looking for a new server. That one is circling the drain.

in WvW

Tyr.1965

kitten that’s sad. Had a good run though.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

They became JQs servant. Break away from JQs tyranny and you will succeed, guilds will come, players will come but nobody wants to be someones political lap dog

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well you know ONS et al moved to YB. So YB moved up to T1 and basically BG and JQ got tired of the PPT game after HOT whereas YB haven’t.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Tyr.1965

I have to admit that it’s pretty disheartening to come back to find my server has basically surrendered and if I want to get into some good heavy WvW action, I’ve got to transfer. I’ve been on BG since the beginning. There used to be this sense of community we built with pride and loyalty and now it just seems dead. I’m glad I logged in first before I put out the money on HOT lol

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

If you have and aspirations to rally them, don’t bother. Transfer to a lower tier server and start pushing up.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I have to admit that it’s pretty disheartening to come back to find my server has basically surrendered and if I want to get into some good heavy WvW action, I’ve got to transfer. I’ve been on BG since the beginning. There used to be this sense of community we built with pride and loyalty and now it just seems dead. I’m glad I logged in first before I put out the money on HOT lol

I only came to YB because it was the only T1 server open awhile back, I wanted to roam and heard action action action SUPER ACTION T1 boom because the tier I was in was dead as a fly! I find the roaming is kinda dead now in T1 and have no idea how T2 is currently. T3 is ok on my second account I guess.
I do find BG roamers to be very polite and easy going when I do come across one, in fact I think they may be the coolest out of the multiple tiers I’ve been on. I do hope BG returns to their former glory, sorry bud

in WvW

morrolan.9608

If you have and aspirations to rally them, don’t bother. Transfer to a lower tier server and start pushing up.

I would say save your money and wait to see what the overhaul will do given it may move to an alliance system.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

I would say save your money and wait to see what the overhaul will do given it may move to an alliance system.

That is a concern BUT since it isn’t clear when or even if such a change will happen, its not worth waiting around when I could be potentially meeting people with a similar approach to the game. After all, any alliance formed from Blackgate isn’t likely to be to my liking.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

• YB got guilds from T1 that lumped into an already PPT heavy culture
  • People who aren’t happy playing against that are playing other games
Whispers with meat.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

That is a concern BUT since it isn’t clear when or even if such a change will happen, its not worth waiting around when I could be potentially meeting people with a similar approach to the game. After all, any alliance formed from Blackgate isn’t likely to be to my liking.

In that case I’d say give up the game until the overhaul. The mode currently isn’t worth it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blackgate culture didn’t drive PPT oriented guilds to Yak’s Bend. Which is why there is no longer anyone on BG to pull the PPT load.

Probably a combination of arrogance and elitism that killed BG. They will fall, and then they will blame Anet.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

In that case I’d say give up the game until the overhaul. The mode currently isn’t worth it.

I disagree.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

Alright if we wanna be PPT carebears it’s 3rd by only 5k points on a monday… The worlds not ending. Who gives a kitten about ppt anyways? It’s just telling who’s willing to ktrain dead borderlands more these days honestly. Most people on Blackgate would rather just sit on ebg for a fight instead of PvE’ing lords. Nothing like back 2-3 years ago when you played.

Vyrinn

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Alright if we wanna be PPT carebears it’s 3rd by only 5k points on a monday… The worlds not ending.

Are you suggesting that BG will push for a win? lol.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blackgate culture didn’t drive PPT oriented guilds to Yak’s Bend. Which is why there is no longer anyone on BG to pull the PPT load.

Probably a combination of arrogance and elitism that killed BG. They will fall, and then they will blame Anet.

Mm maybe. I avoid the sever politics because well, I don’t care so much. Servers need balance, BG not having PPT groups is one thing but YB having virtually only PPT players is unhealthy as well because it creates a stalemate of nothingness due to bunker+PvD=EasyPPT. In a game where the winner gets diddly squat, this a bad news. Players will continue to not care.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Mm maybe. I avoid the sever politics because well, I don’t care so much. Servers need balance, BG not having PPT groups is one thing but YB having virtually only PPT players is unhealthy as well because it creates a stalemate of nothingness due to bunker+PvD=EasyPPT. In a game where the winner gets diddly squat, this a bad news. Players will continue to not care.

Its a myth that YB only has PPT guilds. A myth propagated mostly by BG. The reason YB’s KDR tends to be low is because they are more welcoming of pugs than BG is. BG is so obsessed with KDR and PPK that they literally chase off pugs.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

BG and any old T1 servers have been in the PPT mentality before, but after 3 years, not anymore. BG focus on fights now, not in PPT. More bags are better rewards than two extra chests at the end of the week and fights are more more fun than humping a cannon in SMC for hours.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

BG and any old T1 servers have been in the PPT mentality before, but after 3 years, not anymore. BG focus on fights now, not in PPT. More bags are better rewards than two extra chests at the end of the week and fights are more more fun than humping a cannon in SMC for hours.

I guess they will be making way for the new Tier 1 servers. The old Tier 1 servers will still be able to have their good fights in Tier 2 and 3.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They became JQs servant. Break away from JQs tyranny and you will succeed, guilds will come, players will come but nobody wants to be someones political lap dog

Absolutely correct, that ’s why BG is hitting JQ BL right now and not YB BL.
Makes sense, good laugh.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

btw, how many YB are going to zerg this thread about “BG”?
Yeah, thought so….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirito.2195

Kirito.2195

Alright if we wanna be PPT carebears it’s 3rd by only 5k points on a monday… The worlds not ending.

tf are you talking about, mention PPT and yb tryhards go nuts lmao.

Vyrinn

in WvW

Tyr.1965

If you’re saying BG is losing now because it’s focusing on fights more than PPT, then I might just have to jump back in because that’s all I care about is the fights. There was a time when whoever had the highest PPT was also winning the fights. I guess it’s changed now into some kind of cheese system where whoever cheeses it the most, gets the most points and therefore “wins”. I’d rather be rewarded in blood than worthless rewards at the end of the week. I didn’t realize it changed that much in my time away.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

tf are you talking about, mention PPT and yb tryhards go nuts lmao.

I’m on BG.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Its a myth that YB only has PPT guilds. A myth propagated mostly by BG. The reason YB’s KDR tends to be low is because they are more welcoming of pugs than BG is. BG is so obsessed with KDR and PPK that they literally chase off pugs.

Played on and against both. I have to disagree. Other servers have observed the the same thing about YB. It is what it is.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Played on and against both. I have to disagree. Other servers have observed the the same thing about YB. It is what it is.

Sounds like sour grapes. I imagine most of the servers that YB has steamrolled on its way up have anything kind to say about them. YB successfully uses the tools provided by Anet to win. Others are so bitter about it as to refer to an entire group of people as kitten.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

I don’t know how long you’ve been around but people have been saying this about YB before they had the bandwagon to steam roll regularly.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

another one bites the dust

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

morrolan.9608

So you don’t want any competition?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Siska.8102

Siska.8102

YB is a boring opponent. Basically you have to drain their map of supplies, kill all their siege, get past all Anet’s cheese mechanics THEN you might get a fight. They’re like the guy in the drinking game bragging that he’s still sober at the end of the night. I’m all for sobriety but buddy pretty much missed the point or joined the wrong game. That’s YB, they’re in wvw to pve.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

At this point, I’d rather get 2v1’d again to get action on the maps. BG seems dead because there’s no action, which causes people to log out, cause we’d rather do anything else other than karma training (I tag up for fights, fights end, half my group logs off). Groups from YB and JQ are just karma training empty borderlands thinking they’re hot stuff, complaining about us zerging them down with 10-15 man groups calling them “blobs”, all the while bunkering in keep lords rooms with siege.

Good joke.

If you want BG to play again, bring us fights without siege. Most of us won’t even care if we’re vastly outnumbered.

@Torqued: You seem bitter that BG won’t respond to your requests to push PPT. Guess what buddy, we’re not here to play for you. We’re here to play for us. If you want to play PPT, tag up and do it. Don’t expect someone else, who has no desire to want to play for PPT, to play that way.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

YB is a boring opponent. Basically you have to drain their map of supplies, kill all their siege, get past all Anet’s cheese mechanics THEN you might get a fight. They’re like the guy in the drinking game bragging that he’s still sober at the end of the night. I’m all for sobriety but buddy pretty much missed the point or joined the wrong game. That’s YB, they’re in wvw to pve.

^this. In my experience, JQ and BL go after each other due to some pretty good fights. While these two are battling it out, YB is back capping, ‘stealth sieging’, PvD, etc.

Pointless to fight YB in this environment. When a BG zerg meets a JQ zerg, there is might stacking, pushing, healing, falling back, strategy, players actually hitting each other with class skills, etc. A fight with YB? YB sees another zerg they immediately drop 10+ siege on a choke point and siege hump, hoping to god the other team charges them. Only idiotic teams will ‘charge’ YB like that, zergs looking for fights will go elsewhere and leave YB to their PvD activities.

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

Sounds like sour grapes. I imagine most of the servers that YB has steamrolled on its way up have anything kind to say about them. YB successfully uses the tools provided by Anet to win. Others are so bitter about it as to refer to an entire group of people as kitten.

Ha… more inline with reality, several guilds transferred to YB to break up the tier 1 cartel. Because of this they tend to have more numbers around the clock compared to both JQ and BG. YB doesn’t “use the tools provided by Anet to win”… they use blob of ants tactic (Outnumber your opponent at least 3 to 1 or run… 5-1 is preferrable… then drop as many red circles as you can). On reset night they come out in mass for a few hours, hole up in a keep for a bit, then log for about 2 hours until JQ and BG hit their down time, then they come back on and wipe the empty BL’s… rinse, wash, repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

BG for better or worse clung to the old school of heavy guild play. As guilds have slowly exited or diminished in GW2, BG suffered accordingly. YB still thrives because it is really a collection of roamers, PUGs and skirmishers. I believe this in turn hastened both JQ and BG attrition because YB zergs tend to disengage rather than become a bag farm to to better organized guilds. If a big BG guild shows up on a map they can dominate a battle but end up losing the PPT war and find an opponent that simply evades them until they gain an advantage.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

YB…roamers??? That’s the best joke I’ve heard in at least a week.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

In before thread gets deleted…

I will explain this simply…

BG does not find ktraining empty maps, pounding on gates, and humping siege, an achievement or something to be proud of or brag about. If this is something you like please look to YB.

HoT wvw changes, new games, and general staleness with wvw have driven many players away from wvw and gw2. Some have quit, some are taking breaks, some are playing less, some cant play as much because they are grinding pve for guild hall upgrades.

Many people don’t care about PPT, because winning a pointless matchup…is pointless. Lack of fights, leads to lack of activity. Lack of any meaning to matchups leads to people not giving a kitten about it.

There you have it folks, mystery solved.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Tyr.1965

BG does not find ktraining empty maps, pounding on gates, and humping siege, an achievement or something to be proud of or brag about. If this is something you like please look to YB.

HoT wvw changes, new games, and general staleness with wvw have driven many players away from wvw and gw2. Some have quit, some are taking breaks, some are playing less, some cant play as much because they are grinding pve for guild hall upgrades.

Many people don’t care about PPT, because winning a pointless matchup…is pointless. Lack of fights, leads to lack of activity. Lack of any meaning to matchups leads to people not giving a kitten about it.

So basically, it’s not a problem with BG but rather the state of the game as a whole unless you’re down with the PPTrain, which I never was. Good to know. I’ll stay on BG.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

So basically, it’s not a problem with BG but rather the state of the game as a whole unless you’re down with the PPTrain, which I never was. Good to know. I’ll stay on BG.

Its pretty much effected every server since HoT. You might be interested to know YB was coming in dead last every week before HoT, so keep that in mind.

Now it might surprise some people, but yes the evil empire BG is actually just full of normal people who want to have fun in a game, crazy I know. And if its not fun, like any normal person, sometimes we move on to something else. We are more then happy to let yb have the title of “#1 PvD server NA”.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Tyr.1965

Yeah imagine my surprise when I logged in today for the first time since before HoT and seeing YB beating BG. Heck, seeing YB in the same tier as BG was shocking enough. It really felt like something out of the Twilight Zone lol

in WvW

gennyt.3428

BG for better or worse clung to the old school of heavy guild play. As guilds have slowly exited or diminished in GW2, BG suffered accordingly. YB still thrives because it is really a collection of roamers, PUGs and skirmishers. I believe this in turn hastened both JQ and BG attrition because YB zergs tend to disengage rather than become a bag farm to to better organized guilds. If a big BG guild shows up on a map they can dominate a battle but end up losing the PPT war and find an opponent that simply evades them until they gain an advantage.

Roamers? Lol ok Streagen come on with that. Daredevils and Scrappers running 15 feet from a map blob aren’t roaming. The bandwagon of guilds from T1 that pushed YB up from T2 may have helped a bit. We all know how PPT works and the kind of easy, safe activities it rewards. Build 20 ACs in any structure and see if anybody left playing this game is gonna care enough to take it. But at least you admit YB runs from fights. :P

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

So you don’t want any competition?

I haven’t played in like a month because there is no competition anymore. I’m just waiting to see what overhaul brings.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

WvW is dying, that’s what is happening to every server.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I placed an account on Black Gate when i wanted to see how NA and wvw worked. I admit that i did not know much about it and thought wvw would be like in EU, but i was so wrong. The account have been on BG for over a year and i am waiting for A-Net to open up transfers so i can move it. Until then the account is sleeping on BG because i get so frustrated each time i log in there watching the hand holding which is flat out the worst case of hand holding i ever seen and i feel embarrassed to watch it. Meanwhile i started a f2p account on another server which works some what better, but still it is miles away from how wvw is played in EU. BG was dead before HoT came out though, they had push weeks one time a month or so, something i never even heard of until i joined them more then a year back,

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

At this point, I’d rather get 2v1’d again to get action on the maps. BG seems dead because there’s no action, which causes people to log out, cause we’d rather do anything else other than karma training (I tag up for fights, fights end, half my group logs off). Groups from YB and JQ are just karma training empty borderlands thinking they’re hot stuff, complaining about us zerging them down with 10-15 man groups calling them “blobs”, all the while bunkering in keep lords rooms with siege.

Good joke.

If you want BG to play again, bring us fights without siege. Most of us won’t even care if we’re vastly outnumbered.

@Torqued: You seem bitter that BG won’t respond to your requests to push PPT. Guess what buddy, we’re not here to play for you. We’re here to play for us. If you want to play PPT, tag up and do it. Don’t expect someone else, who has no desire to want to play for PPT, to play that way.

Regardless of your perception of my attitude, the fact is that Blackgate is actively driving away PPT players and putting themselves at a disadvantage. Blackgate will never beat Yak’s Bend until they are willing to become like Yak’s Bend.

No amount of server politics will stop the unwashed hoards of Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

WvW is dying, that’s what is happening to every server.

Global capture volume went up last week 1.4%.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

Good joke.

Regardless of your perception of my attitude, the fact is that Blackgate is actively driving away PPT players and putting themselves at a disadvantage. Blackgate will never beat Yak’s Bend until they are willing to become like Yak’s Bend.

Or, until there is a Season 4.

YB is the only server in T1 willing to mindlessly PPT for no real reward. BG and JQ have been in T1 for years now and have gone through the long hours and PPT focus it takes to win.

Winning is not a function of skill in WvW the way Anet has it designed. It is a function of coverage.

If BG or JQ were given a legitimate reason to win, YB would likely find itself in 3rd. Just look back at what happened when YB 1st popped up to T1 and BG/JQ thought there was a chance of falling to T2. They hammered YB into a consistent 3rd place finish. YB only started to win once BG/JQ deiced they were safe from falling to T2 and let up their effort.

BG does just enough to sustain their place in T1. It is not something new. Before Season 1 everybody was calling BG a dead server that would not win. One of their main off-hours guilds (MERC) even transferred to JQ right before the season because nobody thought BG stood a chance. BG woke up once the season started and won Season 1.

BG did not get the nickname Hibergate for no reason.

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Good joke.

You don’t know how PPT works, regardless of all those number crunching stuff you do (good work on those btw, they’re interesting to look at, despite not having any real relevance in the current WvW climate).

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

gennyt.3428

“Become Yak’s Bend”. Chills shot down my spine. I must take my leave.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Guilds and players playing other games.
Guilds and players not wanting to grind PPT like it’s still relevant/2013.
Nothing to fight for.
No rewards either way.

Obviously I’m not on BG, but we’re not dissimilar from them. This is the worst T1 has been, ever. It’s pretty much a bunch of players chest thumping over beating a game format that nobody is even playing.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]