What happened to Blackgate?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

“Become Yak’s Bend”. Chills shot down my spine. I must take my leave.

I’d quit MMOs altogether first…

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

At this point, I’d rather get 2v1’d again to get action on the maps. BG seems dead because there’s no action, which causes people to log out, cause we’d rather do anything else other than karma training (I tag up for fights, fights end, half my group logs off). Groups from YB and JQ are just karma training empty borderlands thinking they’re hot stuff, complaining about us zerging them down with 10-15 man groups calling them “blobs”, all the while bunkering in keep lords rooms with siege.

Good joke.

If you want BG to play again, bring us fights without siege. Most of us won’t even care if we’re vastly outnumbered.

@Torqued: You seem bitter that BG won’t respond to your requests to push PPT. Guess what buddy, we’re not here to play for you. We’re here to play for us. If you want to play PPT, tag up and do it. Don’t expect someone else, who has no desire to want to play for PPT, to play that way.

Regardless of your perception of my attitude, the fact is that Blackgate is actively driving away PPT players and putting themselves at a disadvantage. Blackgate will never beat Yak’s Bend until they are willing to become like Yak’s Bend.

No amount of server politics will stop the unwashed hoards of Yak’s Bend.

You don’t know how PPT works, regardless of all those number crunching stuff you do (good work on those btw, they’re interesting to look at, despite not having any real relevance in the current WvW climate).

Why don’t you explain to me how PPT works? I’m always open to learning something new. What is my data missing that is so important? Server politics?

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

In before thread gets deleted…

I will explain this simply…

BG does not find ktraining empty maps, pounding on gates, and humping siege, an achievement or something to be proud of or brag about. If this is something you like please look to YB.

HoT wvw changes, new games, and general staleness with wvw have driven many players away from wvw and gw2. Some have quit, some are taking breaks, some are playing less, some cant play as much because they are grinding pve for guild hall upgrades.

Many people don’t care about PPT, because winning a pointless matchup…is pointless. Lack of fights, leads to lack of activity. Lack of any meaning to matchups leads to people not giving a kitten about it.

There you have it folks, mystery solved.

If this is the way most ppl truly feel on BG, then they need to drop and have TC or DB or whoever come up and play the game as it was intended to be played.

I’ve always liked and respected BG but, if they’re that burnt out on WvW, maybe their time has passed.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

At this point, I’d rather get 2v1’d again to get action on the maps. BG seems dead because there’s no action, which causes people to log out, cause we’d rather do anything else other than karma training (I tag up for fights, fights end, half my group logs off). Groups from YB and JQ are just karma training empty borderlands thinking they’re hot stuff, complaining about us zerging them down with 10-15 man groups calling them “blobs”, all the while bunkering in keep lords rooms with siege.

Good joke.

If you want BG to play again, bring us fights without siege. Most of us won’t even care if we’re vastly outnumbered.

@Torqued: You seem bitter that BG won’t respond to your requests to push PPT. Guess what buddy, we’re not here to play for you. We’re here to play for us. If you want to play PPT, tag up and do it. Don’t expect someone else, who has no desire to want to play for PPT, to play that way.

Regardless of your perception of my attitude, the fact is that Blackgate is actively driving away PPT players and putting themselves at a disadvantage. Blackgate will never beat Yak’s Bend until they are willing to become like Yak’s Bend.

You don’t know how PPT works, regardless of all those number crunching stuff you do (good work on those btw, they’re interesting to look at, despite not having any real relevance in the current WvW climate).

Why don’t you explain to me how PPT works? I’m always open to learning something new. What is my data missing that is so important? Server politics?

How PPT works? Let’s see… you need a bunch of players willing to capture empty objectives. If they can log out when there’s opposition and return later when the other server(s) are outmanned, even better, which is about 50% or more of the time for both JQ and BG lately.

What if the other servers start doing the same, JQ mostly? No worries, just add a bit of “defensive” siege humping and done.

It’s all about which server has more players who can be ready to log on 24/7 exactly during “dead time zones” and stomach that capping business.

Specific names were avoided, but it’s well known who are the culprits for this horrible PPT-ing in an already long time dead game mode.

Don’t even start me with words like “win” or “losing”… What to win or lose? That awesome match-up? It’s that hard to win the marathon when you are the only one running?! In this case it is, not hard, but unpleasant at least, just try PPT-ing like this. Though I wouldn’t tell anyone that “I won” such a “contest”…

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Good joke.

How PPT works? Let’s see… you need a bunch of players willing to capture empty objectives. If they can log out when there’s opposition and return later when the other server(s) are outmanned, even better, which is about 50% or more of the time for both JQ and BG lately.

What if the other servers start doing the same, JQ mostly? No worries, just add a bit of “defensive” siege humping and done.

It’s all about which server has more players who can be ready to log on 24/7 exactly during “dead time zones” and stomach that capping business.

Specific names were avoided, but it’s well known who are the culprits for this horrible PPT-ing in an already long time dead game mode.

Don’t even start me with words like “win” or “losing”… What to win or lose? That awesome match-up? It’s that hard to win the marathon when you are the only one running?! In this case it is, not hard, but unpleasant at least, just try PPT-ing like this. Though I wouldn’t tell anyone that “I won” such a “contest”…

As Boreal pointed out, there are other servers (and players) interested in running that marathon. There are servers pushing up. Maybe once the remaining PPT/PvE/cancerous players leave BG and JQ, they will fall. I think they should all go to Dragonbrand and help them push past the JQ reinforced TC.

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Wait…. wait. So, which players are the cancerous ones? “PPT/PvE” are cancerous, but you want them to leave… so servers who “PPT/PvE” can move up? head tilt

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

WvW is dying, that’s what is happening to every server.

Global capture volume went up last week 1.4%.

WvW as a whole.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

In before thread gets deleted…

I will explain this simply…

BG does not find ktraining empty maps, pounding on gates, and humping siege, an achievement or something to be proud of or brag about. If this is something you like please look to YB.

HoT wvw changes, new games, and general staleness with wvw have driven many players away from wvw and gw2. Some have quit, some are taking breaks, some are playing less, some cant play as much because they are grinding pve for guild hall upgrades.

Many people don’t care about PPT, because winning a pointless matchup…is pointless. Lack of fights, leads to lack of activity. Lack of any meaning to matchups leads to people not giving a kitten about it.

There you have it folks, mystery solved.

If this is the way most ppl truly feel on BG, then they need to drop and have TC or DB or whoever come up and play the game as it was intended to be played.

I’ve always liked and respected BG but, if they’re that burnt out on WvW, maybe their time has passed.

Not so much burnt out, believe me we want a reason to get us burnt out lol. There has not been a tournament in a long time so matchups are pretty pointless. BG’s been in t1 for like 3 years, and its not going to drop, so little reason to push ppt every week. And general game wide dissatisfaction with recent wvw changes and other reasons of course will impact servers like BG hard because it has a high population.

Now if there was another tournament for example, to actually have something on the line, and give any meaning to matchups, BG would be out in massive force, and I mean massive.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

X T D.6458

WvW as a whole.

So that means basically more people are capturing stuff, and PvD is somehow a measure of health for WvW now?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

WvW as a whole.

So that means basically more people are capturing stuff, and PvD is somehow a measure of health for WvW now?

Fights follow capture activity. Except in the case of outliers like SoS. It’s always the exceptions, isn’kitten

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

X T D.6458

WvW as a whole.

Fights follow capture activity. Except in the case of outliers like SoS. It’s always the exceptions, isn’kitten

Not necessarily, for all we know, more undefended stuff is being capped because less people on maps…Kind of a vague statistic.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

WvW as a whole.

Not necessarily, for all we know, more undefended stuff is being capped because less people on maps…Kind of a vague statistic.

I meant to sign my post with /sarcasm. Sorry.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

X T D.6458

WvW as a whole.

I meant to sign my post with /sarcasm. Sorry.

Lol gotcha

in WvW

X T D.6458

Good joke.

To put it simply, PPT is basically just a tool for winning a matchup or rise/avoid dropping tiers, that’s pretty much all it does. When neither of these is a concern, PPT becomes irrelevant, easy right.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Fwiw – reset returning to Friday should help bg. From the outside looking in – they appear to be weekend warriors that do very very well. I guess we will see if weekend warrior or reset warrior….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ali.7041

Ali.7041

Blackgate is very much alive, but a lot of guilds are either on hiatus, or simply only playing weekends, and specifically NA hours. There is nothing to really gain from ppt right now, if there was a tournament, or any sort of competition you’d see BG first. But there really isnt much of a point if there is nothing to gain from putting in time.

Most of us have lives, and have far better things to do than ppt uncontested. We love to fight for ppt. This dude ’ Torqued is a typical bad YB troll. They have lots of ppt guilds who actively recruit on their mapchat (like ROLL, FoW, and a few others) by stating things like ‘we are actively recruiting players to help maintain PPT, and defend structures’.. If you think I’m joking, head onto twitch, and see it for yourself on YB streams.. I mean if you have massive volumes of people with that mentality, of course you’re going to be first. The fact is that BG always wins reset, and if we had something to fight for, you’d see more guilds playing across different hours.

(edited by Ali.7041)

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

WvW as a whole.

Its a measure of capture activity.

If you are a PPT player then its a measure of health. If you are a fight guild then its a measure of cancerous growth.

Spin it how you like.

in WvW

Posted by: Ali.7041

Ali.7041

I haven’t played since before the expansion came out so I just logged in to see my home server, Blackgate, losing by a mile when the opposite used to be true. And we’re losing to Yak’s Bend? WTF LOL! Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone or what? Where’s Beastgate?!

• YB got guilds from T1 that lumped into an already PPT heavy culture
  • People who aren’t happy playing against that are playing other games

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blackgate culture didn’t drive PPT oriented guilds to Yak’s Bend. Which is why there is no longer anyone on BG to pull the PPT load.

Probably a combination of arrogance and elitism that killed BG. They will fall, and then they will blame Anet.

Mm maybe. I avoid the sever politics because well, I don’t care so much. Servers need balance, BG not having PPT groups is one thing but YB having virtually only PPT players is unhealthy as well because it creates a stalemate of nothingness due to bunker+PvD=EasyPPT. In a game where the winner gets diddly squat, this a bad news. Players will continue to not care.

Its a myth that YB only has PPT guilds. A myth propagated mostly by BG. The reason YB’s KDR tends to be low is because they are more welcoming of pugs than BG is. BG is so obsessed with KDR and PPK that they literally chase off pugs.

YB in all its glory.

Attachments:

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Good joke.

To put it simply, PPT is basically just a tool for winning a matchup or rise/avoid dropping tiers, that’s pretty much all it does. When neither of these is a concern, PPT becomes irrelevant, easy right.

Right, when you don’t care about winning then information about capture activity doesn’t matter. Not sure what your point is. But if you want to make vacuous arguments, be my guest.

Whats important is that BG could win if they wanted to. Got it. Just wait for season 4 … then we will all see.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Good joke.

Right, when you don’t care about winning then information about capture activity doesn’t matter. Not sure what your point is. But if you want to make vacuous arguments, be my guest.

Whats important is that BG could win if they wanted to. Got it. Just wait for season 4 … then we will all see.

It doesn’t have to be a tournament, a server wins the week and gets…nothing? No rewards, nothing on the line etc. BG’s been in t1 for over 3 years, it doesn’t have to prove itself every week by grinding ppt, its pointless, is that really so hard for you to understand. People login to have fun, when its not fun or nothing is on the line, they log off and find something else to do. If you want to pound on gates of undefended structures, by all means go for it.

For those in other tiers, where the glicko effect on match ups is a lot more noticeable ppt is more important week by week. In t1 if you look at the history of match ups…BG/JQ/SOR for over a year, BG/JQ/TC for over a year, and now BG/JQ/YB for at least 6 months..I don’t remember how long exactly YB been in t1. But if you look at t2 and other tiers there’s been a lot of instability along the way, those servers can rise or drop, if your in t1 you can only drop, if there’s no fear of that and no rewards for winning a match up, eventually you stop caring about PPT, and just do whatever you find fun, in BG’s case basically looking for fights. If there was a reason to care about PPT, we would.

Combined with the general dissatisfaction with the direction wvw has been heading and you have less incentive to do something meaningless and unrewarding.

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

if there was a tournament, or any sort of competition you’d see BG first.

This would be interesting to see, considering YB has also traditionally risen to the occasion during seasons. I don’t see why that would change now that we’re in T1.

Would also be great to see how strong TC and DB are. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they’re on par with any T1 server.

I mean, how fun would that be – win or lose? C’mon Anet, why on earth haven’t we had a tournament in so long? You have nothing to lose in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

WvW as a whole.

I’m not sure where you missed the parts where wvw has been bleeding out for a long time now.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Blackgate is very much alive, but a lot of guilds are either on hiatus, or simply only playing weekends, and specifically NA hours. There is nothing to really gain from ppt right now, if there was a tournament, or any sort of competition you’d see BG first. But there really isnt much of a point if there is nothing to gain from putting in time.

Most of us have lives, and have far better things to do than ppt uncontested. We love to fight for ppt. This dude ’ Torqued is a typical bad YB troll. They have lots of ppt guilds who actively recruit on their mapchat (like ROLL, FoW, and a few others) by stating things like ‘we are actively recruiting players to help maintain PPT, and defend structures’.. If you think I’m joking, head onto twitch, and see it for yourself on YB streams.. I mean if you have massive volumes of people with that mentality, of course you’re going to be first. The fact is that BG always wins reset, and if we had something to fight for, you’d see more guilds playing across different hours.

Lol The only YB guild I’ve ever seen with that recruiting message is DOC. The rest are just basically ts channel announcements.

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

@Tyr – Blackgate is doing fine. It’s a great community of friendly guilds who work and fight together as often as we can. There are a lot of awesome guilds you’ll probably enjoy being a part of. You can find information about each of them in the recruitment section of Blackgate server’s forums: gw2blackgate.com.

As a leader of what used to be a PPT-only focused guild on Blackgate, I can attest to the natural progression that seems to occur with guilds that have played a LOT of WvW over the three years that it has gone without upgrade or attention. The transition from PPT-focused, to a hybrid (PPT/fight), to a fight-centered guild seems to follow the natural course I’ve seen many guilds take after becoming bored with fighting the same doors and walls and blobs, and as they desire to improve both as individuals and as team members. Unfortunately, the HOT maps did not provide the change many players were hoping for, to enliven their play and they have taken a break or left the game altogether.

For many of us that remain, we have looked for new challenges to keep things interesting – which is not to conquer more doors, but to conquer ourselves – our individuality, our skill, our ability to play as a well-coordinated team – something that isn’t as necessary when focused as a PPT-only group, or when taking empty objectives from an empty map, or when running through outmanned groups with a map blob.

Changing up our playstyle and focus, while also training up new players entering WvW, is how we are trying to maintain some challenge and fun for our guild. We’re not interested in fighting through tons of siege, chilling fog, dragon banners and 3x the numbers – cause.. why?

We’re waiting and hoping that changes will happen to revitalize WvW. We’re hoping that it will return to us something close to the WvW we once enjoyed with old friends and their variety of play styles – roamer, small ops, havoc, hybrid and fight-centered.

It’s a shame that some haven’t discovered the same Blackgate that I regularly play on, or appreciate the friendships among the guilds that we have experienced, or the community that works to keep things together despite a ton of opposition – both on the field and behind the scenes. And, they certainly haven’t discovered the Blackgate that players continue to come home to, after having wandered away thinking the grass is greener on some other server.

For those considering a move to Blackgate, I encourage you to join us. You’ll be welcomed by a friendly, cooperative server with organization and resources to support your guild and the community. When you make it here, look me up! Hope to see you soon!

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: The Lethe.2953

The Lethe.2953

The post above mine is far more articulate than mine was.

For the TL:DR, the scores are a PPT game. Coverage wins the PPT game. YB has people in timezones we don’t. Knowing that, we play to enjoy the game, enjoy playing with friends, to have a good time. Things are getting better, but won’t be what it was until ANet finally gets around to giving us something worth fighting for again.

Until Anet gives us some new shiney to work for, we are just playing casually for the fun of it, not for a 1st place prize that isn’t even worth coveting right now.

(edited by The Lethe.2953)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

i feel your pain @ yb. way back when i was on borlis pass up against wagon brand and yaks bunker, it was impossible to find anyone to fight. i would run around for 30 minutes and see little siege monkeys pop their head up from a siege heavy tower.
reminiscing about this made me laugh in pain irl.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

X T D.6458

i feel your pain @ yb. way back when i was on borlis pass up against wagon brand and yaks bunker, it was impossible to find anyone to fight. i would run around for 30 minutes and see little siege monkeys pop their head up from a siege heavy tower.
reminiscing about this made me laugh in pain irl.

Funny thing is, if BG or JQ started “playing the game” and “using the tools” anet provided the same way yb does, yb would be crying all over the forums. I would rather fight a JQ blob any day, they have some nice guilds which put up a good and most importantly FUN fight. YB mostly…well they run to the nearest structure even if they outnumber us and insta build siege lol, its pathetic. Only guild I like fighting from YB is OnS because they haven’t become part of that siege humping/bunkering culture.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Funny thing is, if BG or JQ started “playing the game” and “using the tools” anet provided the same way yb does, yb would be crying all over the forums.

And you know this how?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Funny thing is, if BG or JQ started “playing the game” and “using the tools” anet provided the same way yb does, yb would be crying all over the forums.

And you know this how?

Well YB started to cry about a 2v1 a few days ago.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

X T D.6458

And you know this how?

Lol I remember that thread, to bad it was deleted, the OP from yb was hilarious..something like “yb still owns you” or something lmao. Some people dont understand map politics I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

And you know this how?

And it was delicious

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

For those considering a move to Blackgate, I encourage you to join us. You’ll be welcomed by a friendly, cooperative server with organization and resources to support your guild and the community. When you make it here, look me up! Hope to see you soon!

After playing in only WvW-focused guilds for nearly 4 years (starting in early Beta), I’m taking a long break from WvW & from GW2 as a whole. These days, people like Pensadora, whom I’ve quoted above, are the only reason I still log back into the game from time to time. WvW has been through a lot of ups & downs over the last few years, but I’ve never seen it as low as it is now. I mean, we’ve had periods of inactivity before. We’ve had massively dominant servers lording over T1 before (HoD, SoS, JQ; even BG during each of the WvW League seasons). Those of us who’ve been playing since the beginning have seen many T1 servers, even dominant ones, completely fall apart, sometimes dropping all the way to the bottom Tier. But what’s happening since HoT released is different; this feels like massive numbers of players have all just given up on WvW. I really have no idea what Anet could do to bring people back at this point, especially after everyone was so hopeful that HoT would breathe new life into WvW last year. Really, the only thing keeping WvW alive at all right now seems to be the simple fact that there just isn’t a better RvR game out there (YET). I logged into BDO for the 1st time last week, & at least 50% of the players I talked to there were people who had left GW2 because of the current state of WvW.

And yeah, the point has been made already, but full-on, week long PPT grind is something that few people are really interested in anymore. It was a thing in 2012, some people kept it up throughout the WvW Seasons, but it’s not something that a server can sustain for 3+ years. Especially as more & more experienced Commanders leave the game, with few new players to take their place. This isn’t a BG problem, it’s game-wide. Winning the PPT game in T1 NA is a 24/7 grind that very few people are willing to put themselves & their guilds through anymore. I’d love to see Anet fix this somehow, or perhaps magically transport us all back to 2012 or something, but I think most people are already looking forward to new games coming out in the future (like Camelot Unchained, etc), or perhaps stepping outside to see what this “sun” thing is that their non-gamer friends keep talking about. I’ve hated the whole “ded game” meme since the 1st time I saw it mentioned in GW2’s WvW chat way back in 2012, but I’m afraid that, as far as WvW is concerned, even I have to admit that we may be at that point in the game now.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

(edited by Otokomae.9356)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Good joke.

PPT isn’t a function (right now) of organisation and skill, but rather, of time and numbers. The more numbers you have on at any given time means that you’ll naturally get more PPT.

If you log in at any time outside of NA prime on BG you’ll notice this. Our small groups are backcapping as fast as they can, but due to lack of numbers, our PPT suffers. We lack numbers because people aren’t willing to put the time into WvW right now due to the lack of incentives to win and the lack of rewards while playing.

But then, I don’t think anyone on BG ever saw you put more hours in-game to help out our weaker time slots.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

X T D.6458

^The entire scoring system is broken, imbalanced, out of date, and just promotes passive point gain . This just discourages more and more people from caring about it.

in WvW

Posted by: nativity.3057

nativity.3057

ITT: Blackgate complaining

All the hate thrown because YB plays the PPT game is just as incredulous as that one Anet employee who trolled a GvG match because they “were ruining the mode”.
WvW is essentially PvP and PvE combined. You can’t ignore one part and be salty about it, that’s on you.

Players are complaining that there are no good fights. Pugging in general will lead to no good fights. Blob v. blob is just a fight that’s decided by numbers. There are no good fights. Typically the good fights come from joining a dedicated fights guild and fighting other guilds or zerg busting. You can still do this, yet the BLs and Obsidian Sanctum remains empty. Zerg busting died with Stability changes. No coming back from that.

YB’s using the tools to win 1st place and it’s not fair? You guys aren’t utilizing the tools (SANCTUM) to coordinate fights.

That’s not to say YB siege humping isn’t a problem. Wrong? No. Annoying? Yes.
Although it helps PuGs feel useful and introduce new players to the game mode, it’s not something I personally enjoy, and quite a few in YB feel the same.
It’s primarily driven by the huge casual WvW guilds that is being represented in other servers’ complaints. These guilds recruit via map chat, grouping PuGs and new players who often can’t fight well.
I can’t say I hate them though. They put in time to bring YB up, while helping new players get interested in WvW. But I do hate being called out on map chat for not helping YB PPT.

Current WvW is what you’ll get when you have a dying game mode where fight oriented guilds have left for different games and all that remains are an influx of new players and those loyal to the server. The mentality for fights dropped while the mentality of “PPT to win” has increased.

YB…roamers??? That’s the best joke I’ve heard in at least a week.

Hahaha, and on the other hand, you have BlackGate “roamers” stacking Daredevil, Condi Chrono, and Scrapper thinking a 10 v 2 is fine and justifies an emote.

You kill one BlackGate and soon a group will be hunting you down.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

I haven’t played since before the expansion came out so I just logged in to see my home server, Blackgate, losing by a mile when the opposite used to be true. And we’re losing to Yak’s Bend? WTF LOL! Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone or what? Where’s Beastgate?!

i think there is a similar thread with more detail
http://www.gw2wvw.net/topic/jq-v-bg-v-yb-xxxx2016

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Blackgate will start winning again once Muntedface makes Blackgate great again with his PPT skills.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Blackgate will start winning again once Muntedface makes Blackgate great again with his PPT skills.

Munted is too busy circle jrking in BDO. BG is doomed.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

just as incredulous as that one Anet employee who trolled a GvG match because they “were ruining the mode”.

remember that. cut deep. nothing like buying a game for a certain mode only to learn it doesnt exist, then hearing from a dev that trying to do it on your own is looked down upon. that really kittened me off when i first heard about it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: footballisgod.4075

footballisgod.4075

BG is a server that needs to be challenged to play PPT. Fighting to get to and stay in T1 3 years ago, all of the seasons, and last Summer/Fall when the T1/T2 shakeup happened. That’s when BG plays PPT, and plays it very well. But it’s a game mechanic that a lot of people don’t necessarily care a lot about.

The problem with PPT is how easy it is to manipulate. If PPT were purely based on how well you play in even circumstances, things would be a lot different. But because the easy answer to higher PPT is just more people and not more skill, the ones who want to win at any cost will always take that option. And some people won’t play that way. I won’t ktrain an empty BL when I know the enemy has no force that could respond to me.

I haven’t commanded much lately, but I’m getting back into it. And I plan on doing whatever I can to find fun fights that aren’t accompanied by massive amounts of siege. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t come with PPT, it just means I don’t have fun fighting under 3 ACs with 6 ballistas primed on my head.

If any YB (or JQ) sees a group led by someone with a [UD] tag, feel free to come out and fight me away from your siege. I’ll fight outnumbered and I’ll fight commanders/groups better than me. Open invitation.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Football, I’ve missed you <3

in WvW

Posted by: Emylia Dentei.3069

Emylia Dentei.3069

That’s dangerous Footy, they might target me aswell! Though I will gladly fight (and learn from it) whatever the odds.

I was a Deadzone PPT Commander. Did it for 8 months straight, 4 to 6 hours on week days, 2-4 days a week.

I love the game, but getting WvW level just for funsies is not really funsies.

I almost stopped playing, but stayed because my love and passion for my Beautiful BG is much greater than any poop stuff I can find on maps.

Putting 10 ACs in Fire Keep on Outer Courtyard is not illegal, no. But what’s the point? Okay great, NA will have an extremely hard time if not impossible to breach it. But my lil group of militia around 3am will love the screenshot thoses 10 ACs peovide once we destroy them!!

It doesn’t happen often. Sometimes YB is out in force. Sometimes JQ is nailing it. Other times BG wants a clean-up on Isle 3.

Game = Fun. You play what you want to have fun. If PPT is your fun because you like winning the week, then go ahead and PPT. I would PPT like a madwoman if it gave me something.

Winning WvW as a proud blackgate member because of intelligent startegy /map politics / guilds common efforts is what I want to participate in. Wasting my siege to just get points when I know I will not be able to find the coverage to keep said objectives is pointless. To me.

I always used to call JQBL the poopmap, back in Alpine, because it was sooooooooooo demanding (and frikkin awesome) to just gold your Bay or your Hill, let alone do anything to Garri. It was FIGHTS GALORE, playing the camp/tick, the Wurm points, scouting had to be on point because JQ would hound every corner of your objectives. The thrill. The map queues. Everything….

Now, YBBL is the poopmap. And don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of the game and how it goes. But when you try to take a camp amd there’s 2 AC’s and 1 Ballista’s waiting for you for dinner…. That makes Quaggan sad.

in WvW

TorquedSoul.8097

Good joke.

PPT isn’t a function (right now) of organisation and skill, but rather, of time and numbers. The more numbers you have on at any given time means that you’ll naturally get more PPT.

If you log in at any time outside of NA prime on BG you’ll notice this. Our small groups are backcapping as fast as they can, but due to lack of numbers, our PPT suffers. We lack numbers because people aren’t willing to put the time into WvW right now due to the lack of incentives to win and the lack of rewards while playing.

But then, I don’t think anyone on BG ever saw you put more hours in-game to help out our weaker time slots.

Maybe if Blackgate didn’t have such a sour attitude towards pugs and pve players they would have MORE people to put in those hours and there would be no grind. But alas, Blackgate is a “skilled fight” server and have chased away all those no skill pvd players.

Your inability to get the coverage speaks volumes about your server culture.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

And you know this how?

I like how one person says something and you say the entire server thinks that way.

IMO I prefer to be 2vs1 because we don’t have to leave our side to get bags.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

And you know this how?

I like how one person says something and you say the entire server thinks that way.

IMO I prefer to be 2vs1 because we don’t have to leave our side to get bags.

I’m fine with it as well, more players to fight. I like to go to JQ or BG side while they 2v1 YB and steal their camps and vets + pick off their pugs. Has it’s positives I guess.

in WvW

Liston.9708

I roll my eyes when someone whines 2v1 in map chat. Might even reply who cares if others actually agree.. It used to happen way more often IMHO….

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

If glicko worked better blackgate would have been replaced by now and fights could return to tier 1. TC or dragonbrand are willing to fight. Curse you glicko!!!!!

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Good joke.

Maybe if Blackgate didn’t have such a sour attitude towards pugs and pve players they would have MORE people to put in those hours and there would be no grind. But alas, Blackgate is a “skilled fight” server and have chased away all those no skill pvd players.

I don’t see us as pug un-friendly at all. In fact, when our commanders tag up, outside of reset raids and closed raids, most of the channels on ts3 are filled with a smorgasbord of players from all sorts of guilds, time zones and play styles.

The fact that you don’t notice this is very telling.

The only thing I kind of regret is that BG pugs/militia are very dependant on commanders tagging up to come out and play.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Good joke.

Your last couple lines sound like you don’t actually play on BG. Plus pugs are rallied plenty and the TS channels are used by said pugs when a tag goes up soooo I’m starting to wonder about you…

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Liston.9708

…………………
The only thing I kind of regret is that BG pugs/militia are very dependant on commanders tagging up to come out and play.

To be fair, that is probably true on every server at this point. There aren’t as many people willing to deal with herding cats that backseat drive as well (as there once was).

(edited by Liston.9708)