What happened to Blackgate?

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Maybe if Blackgate didn’t have such a sour attitude towards pugs and pve players they would have MORE people to put in those hours and there would be no grind. But alas, Blackgate is a “skilled fight” server and have chased away all those no skill pvd players.

Your inability to get the coverage speaks volumes about your server culture.

What? Are you really in BG?
I’m yet to see pug shaming in BG. And some of the biggest and most traditional guilds in WvW are actually PvX guilds that also does a bunch of PvE. You have no idea about what you’re talking about.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Shadows Creed.3902

Shadows Creed.3902

Hilarious this thread is at 3 pages.

All I got from this thread is:
1. BG can’t handle anyone claiming the aren’t best
2. BG hates YB
3. YB embraces BG hate (proud of you YB really channeling your inner Mag)
4. JQ is this random server who just exists
5. BG claims to never ppt or use any siege (which we all know is lies since they don’t loose by all that much)

6. everyone is afraid of the ET and FC bandwagon that is coming to T1!!!

Company Of Traveling Heroes [CTH]- maguuma

Leader of ninja ops

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Hilarious this thread is at 3 pages.

All I got from this thread is:
1. BG can’t handle anyone claiming the aren’t best
2. BG hates YB
3. YB embraces BG hate (proud of you YB really channeling your inner Mag)
4. JQ is this random server who just exists
5. BG claims to never ppt or use any siege (which we all know is lies since they don’t loose by all that much)

6. everyone is afraid of the ET and FC bandwagon that is coming to T1!!!

Try reading again..Aside from your second point, it’s not unique to BG lol

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

X T D.6458

At this point, I’d rather get 2v1’d again to get action on the maps. BG seems dead because there’s no action, which causes people to log out, cause we’d rather do anything else other than karma training (I tag up for fights, fights end, half my group logs off). Groups from YB and JQ are just karma training empty borderlands thinking they’re hot stuff, complaining about us zerging them down with 10-15 man groups calling them “blobs”, all the while bunkering in keep lords rooms with siege.

Good joke.

If you want BG to play again, bring us fights without siege. Most of us won’t even care if we’re vastly outnumbered.

@Torqued: You seem bitter that BG won’t respond to your requests to push PPT. Guess what buddy, we’re not here to play for you. We’re here to play for us. If you want to play PPT, tag up and do it. Don’t expect someone else, who has no desire to want to play for PPT, to play that way.

Regardless of your perception of my attitude, the fact is that Blackgate is actively driving away PPT players and putting themselves at a disadvantage. Blackgate will never beat Yak’s Bend until they are willing to become like Yak’s Bend.

No amount of server politics will stop the unwashed hoards of Yak’s Bend.

You don’t know how PPT works, regardless of all those number crunching stuff you do (good work on those btw, they’re interesting to look at, despite not having any real relevance in the current WvW climate).

Why don’t you explain to me how PPT works? I’m always open to learning something new. What is my data missing that is so important? Server politics?

PPT isn’t a function (right now) of organisation and skill, but rather, of time and numbers. The more numbers you have on at any given time means that you’ll naturally get more PPT.

If you log in at any time outside of NA prime on BG you’ll notice this. Our small groups are backcapping as fast as they can, but due to lack of numbers, our PPT suffers. We lack numbers because people aren’t willing to put the time into WvW right now due to the lack of incentives to win and the lack of rewards while playing.

But then, I don’t think anyone on BG ever saw you put more hours in-game to help out our weaker time slots.

Maybe if Blackgate didn’t have such a sour attitude towards pugs and pve players they would have MORE people to put in those hours and there would be no grind. But alas, Blackgate is a “skilled fight” server and have chased away all those no skill pvd players.

I really don’t understand your posts Torqued, it just seems bitter, and like your mad at BG because we play for fun..and we don’t devout all our time towards something we find meaningless, unrewarding, and not fun…

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Not sure but today they won’t engage a fight anymore and one wipe will equal an empty map, but I’m pretty sure PPT commanders are to blame for that and not a whole server.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

At this point, I’d rather get 2v1’d again to get action on the maps. BG seems dead because there’s no action, which causes people to log out, cause we’d rather do anything else other than karma training (I tag up for fights, fights end, half my group logs off). Groups from YB and JQ are just karma training empty borderlands thinking they’re hot stuff, complaining about us zerging them down with 10-15 man groups calling them “blobs”, all the while bunkering in keep lords rooms with siege.

Good joke.

If you want BG to play again, bring us fights without siege. Most of us won’t even care if we’re vastly outnumbered.

@Torqued: You seem bitter that BG won’t respond to your requests to push PPT. Guess what buddy, we’re not here to play for you. We’re here to play for us. If you want to play PPT, tag up and do it. Don’t expect someone else, who has no desire to want to play for PPT, to play that way.

Regardless of your perception of my attitude, the fact is that Blackgate is actively driving away PPT players and putting themselves at a disadvantage. Blackgate will never beat Yak’s Bend until they are willing to become like Yak’s Bend.

You don’t know how PPT works, regardless of all those number crunching stuff you do (good work on those btw, they’re interesting to look at, despite not having any real relevance in the current WvW climate).

Why don’t you explain to me how PPT works? I’m always open to learning something new. What is my data missing that is so important? Server politics?

PPT isn’t a function (right now) of organisation and skill, but rather, of time and numbers. The more numbers you have on at any given time means that you’ll naturally get more PPT.

If you log in at any time outside of NA prime on BG you’ll notice this. Our small groups are backcapping as fast as they can, but due to lack of numbers, our PPT suffers. We lack numbers because people aren’t willing to put the time into WvW right now due to the lack of incentives to win and the lack of rewards while playing.

But then, I don’t think anyone on BG ever saw you put more hours in-game to help out our weaker time slots.

I really don’t understand your posts Torqued, it just seems bitter, and like your mad at BG because we play for fun..and we don’t devout all our time towards something we find meaningless, unrewarding, and not fun…

You are entitled to your opinion, or in this case, confusion. Don’t confuse my engagement in a larger argument as bitterness towards BG. I left BG because I didn’t like the culture the old guard created. As a person that is interested in playing the game that Anet created, sitting on BG and listening to the whining about how Anet ruined everything was getting tiring.

If you are confused, its because you don’t understand that others can enjoy things that you don’t. In this case, I enjoy games when I’m trying to win them. I don’t enjoy listening to stories of the glory days and how we could win if we wanted to. Put up or shut up. I don’t care about how awesome Blackgate was … I want to play the game.

BG’s toxic attitude towards PvD, siege humping “cancerous” game play is evidence that you don’t approve of others that enjoy different things. BG is bitter that Anet has ignored them and not provided them a “skill-based” WvW. which is about as idiotic a request that I could imagine.

Large scale warfare is not about fair fights. Its about coordination, communication, community, resources, alliances, “coverage”, morale, inspiration and RAW NUMBERS. You don’t have to believe me, but I would direct you to a history book. Warfare has always been a numbers game. And as the scope of the conflict grows the possibility of a fair fight dissolves and guerrilla tactics take over.

The servers that make the rational choices within the current game mechanics will push up and those that don’t will fall.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Good joke.

You are entitled to your opinion, or in this case, confusion. Don’t confuse my engagement in a larger argument as bitterness towards BG. I left BG because I didn’t like the culture the old guard created. As a person that is interested in playing the game that Anet created, sitting on BG and listening to the whining about how Anet ruined everything was getting tiring.

If you are confused, its because you don’t understand that others can enjoy things that you don’t. In this case, I enjoy games when I’m trying to win them. I don’t enjoy listening to stories of the glory days and how we could win if we wanted to. Put up or shut up. I don’t care about how awesome Blackgate was … I want to play the game.

BG’s toxic attitude towards PvD, siege humping “cancerous” game play is evidence that you don’t approve of others that enjoy different things. BG is bitter that Anet has ignored them and not provided them a “skill-based” WvW. which is about as idiotic a request that I could imagine.

Large scale warfare is not about fair fights. Its about coordination, communication, community, resources, alliances, “coverage”, morale, inspiration and RAW NUMBERS. You don’t have to believe me, but I would direct you to a history book. Warfare has always been a numbers game. And as the scope of the conflict grows the possibility of a fair fight dissolves and guerrilla tactics take over.

The servers that make the rational choices within the current game mechanics will push up and those that don’t will fall.

k have fun, thanks for leaving though, one less toxic player

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Good joke.

k have fun, thanks for leaving though, one less toxic player

lolz

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Oh my god, you are the embodiment of what is wrong with WvW hahaha.
“This isn’t about having clean good and fair fun, is about winning the PPT score!”

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

X T D.6458

Oh my god, you are the embodiment of what is wrong with WvW hahaha.
“This isn’t about having clean good and fair fun, is about winning the PPT score!”

Lol yea, he was just angry he couldnt pvd enough it seems…

in WvW

Posted by: Kaatora.3186

Kaatora.3186

I can solo cap an entire paper borderland in just over an hour in the off hours on tier 1. Much quicker with at least 1 other person, since a bit of time is eaten up by just running supply. Where is your need for any of those things in my case?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

all of this is irrelevant since this is a video game, or in other words a make believe reality. in make believe, reality is not as relevant as fun. most people who do not have fun leave the make believe reality.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

When people start acting like WvWvW is real war, I back away slowly.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

X T D.6458

When people start acting like WvWvW is real war, I back away slowly.

Thats called desertion /shoots genny

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Can’t, I’m on my YB account so I’m safely behind a wall.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Can’t, I’m on my YB account so I’m safely behind a wall.

well played lol

in WvW

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

No idea what that guy is on about. In my 3 something years on BG i’ve been the very definition of a fairweather pug. Never joined a dedicated wvw guild, but i always enjoyed good fights, and there’s always been plenty to be had on BG.

Most commanders welcome fairweathers with open arms provided you stay on tag and dont overreach etc…

Not a single time have i been told to kitten off, or have i seen a comm telling pugs to gtfo their raid. Even in the event where i caught a closed raid running across my screen and joined in for the fights.

BG might not be as pug oriented as JQ but it isnt in any way toxic either.

Get your facts straigt mang.

- BG -

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

ANET obvi broke the gamemode with power creep, CC spam, Stab nerf, siege buff, HOT gimmicks, and the new crap map.

That being said YB is the parasite that kills it’s own host. Yes ANET provided siege but most people fall somewhere between fights (w/out siege cover) and PPting to “win” the game. YB as a culture simply does not understand the value of competition and from that standpoint they contributed to the breaking of tiers and other servers. It’s a server that simply likes to be online to win not to be good to win. A server that despite it’s reputation as tryhards is actually quite casual at it’s core outside it’s raw logged in hours.

This is evident in subtle ways the main ones being how their rise coincides with a mass exodus of real hardcore guilds because of ANET’s above mentioned failures, terrible builds, and an almost cultist dependence on a few hardcore commanders. One must have a worthy adversary to make a great fight worth having in an MMO and in that sense people simply refuse to play with YB because they refuse to be an adversary in large scale PvP. Outmanned or equal numbers will always result in bunkering/siege only to emerge after numbers are more in line with their open field skill level.

If you siege hump only to abandon your structure at breach and when siege has been countered you never really fought. You simply took siege pot shots behind your wall and backcapped once your siege was broken. The entire server culture is actually quite delusional about how good they are at W3. It’s mostly casuals masquarding as pros because of saltyness related to not understanding how the combat system works in large group play and a refusal to put in the work to get better at it. In that vein they see themselves as superior in ways that many vets consider first day lessons like siege placement, scouting, supply counts, understanding of ded TZs, and getting on one tag to take structures.

They measure the success of their “tactics” through the PPT scoring system which the vast majority of the community has dismissed long ago as a metric for good W3 play and server performance. In a sense wining a game no one else has been playing for quite some time. This would all be fine if there wasn’t so much pride associated with such an autistic worldview.

YB doesn’t actually take it to the enemy they lay in wait for people to log and bunker when there’s a fight to be had. This creates tiers that are just not fun to play in as it’s more of a fight the third server as YB sieges you both. This playstyle is particularly cancerous in off hours. It causes a PPT cascading effect and effecting the experience of the next TZ while threatening the stability/viability of servers with lots of NA players and not much off hours. NA’s that would be good matchups and provide good fights but can’t be in tiers together because YB is PPTing at least one of them out of the tier at all times.

Over time the hostility of vets towards PPT play meant many with this YB gene went to consolidate (aka bandwagon) under the YB flag. As the game’s population dwindled because of delusion of the PPT scoring system YB was rising through the ranks picking up the “best” players along the way. One would think such hardcore competitive PPTers would like facing YB not quitting or joining them. One would think the absolute best challenge for a PPT guild/players would be to face YB and PPT this thing out. But alas they aren’t competitive because PPTing isn’t competitive it’s an almost universally recognized broken metric.

Everything ANET has done to nerf the original W3 population buffed YB playstyle which then in turn feedbacks on itself into an endless cycle of players leaving the game.

State of the game 3/23/16

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Fought BG way back when T1 was far closer to population balanced. Fighting them now. As a dude from the former T1 sever SoR, BG has ALWAYS offered the best fight, open field, defending a point, small group play. BG is what we sought out, for one simple reason, they fought like hell win or lose. They still do. I’ll take another “dead” server with that much fight in them, over that other T1 server.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

X T D.6458

Fought BG way back when T1 was far closer to population balanced. Fighting them now. As a dude from the former T1 sever SoR, BG has ALWAYS offered the best fight, open field, defending a point, small group play. BG is what we sought out, for one simple reason, they fought like hell win or lose. They still do. I’ll take another “dead” server with that much fight in them, over that other T1 server.

I too was on SoR for 22 months all through its t1 run all the way to t8. I came to BG to play with friends, but stayed guildless for about 9 months after transferring because drama in my last guild made me want to stay solo. So I was a pug running with every guild on BG pretty much every day, and I never had any issues with hostility, in fact the opposite. I was amazed at how friendly, helpful, and coordinated the community was. It was like a different world then what I was used to before. Even when guilds ran closed raids, they always let me join them in their private channel in ts, and never had a problem with me tagging along. And the good times in ts…lol the joking and laughs we share, we have so many good times playing and working together.

I’ll tell ya, I may tire of this game, but I’ll never tire of BG’s community, I just love these folks.

in WvW

Posted by: Emylia Dentei.3069

Emylia Dentei.3069

And I love you, XT <3

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

ANET obvi broke the gamemode with power creep, CC spam, Stab nerf, siege buff, HOT gimmicks, and the new crap map.

That being said YB is the parasite that kills it’s own host. Yes ANET provided siege but most people fall somewhere between fights (w/out siege cover) and PPting to “win” the game. YB as a culture simply does not understand the value of competition and from that standpoint they contributed to the breaking of tiers and other servers. It’s a server that simply likes to be online to win not to be good to win. A server that despite it’s reputation as tryhards is actually quite casual at it’s core outside it’s raw logged in hours.

This is evident in subtle ways the main ones being how their rise coincides with a mass exodus of real hardcore guilds because of ANET’s above mentioned failures, terrible builds, and an almost cultist dependence on a few hardcore commanders. One must have a worthy adversary to make a great fight worth having in an MMO and in that sense people simply refuse to play with YB because they refuse to be an adversary in large scale PvP. Outmanned or equal numbers will always result in bunkering/siege only to emerge after numbers are more in line with their open field skill level.

If you siege hump only to abandon your structure at breach and when siege has been countered you never really fought. You simply took siege pot shots behind your wall and backcapped once your siege was broken. The entire server culture is actually quite delusional about how good they are at W3. It’s mostly casuals masquarding as pros because of saltyness related to not understanding how the combat system works in large group play and a refusal to put in the work to get better at it. In that vein they see themselves as superior in ways that many vets consider first day lessons like siege placement, scouting, supply counts, understanding of ded TZs, and getting on one tag to take structures.

They measure the success of their “tactics” through the PPT scoring system which the vast majority of the community has dismissed long ago as a metric for good W3 play and server performance. In a sense wining a game no one else has been playing for quite some time. This would all be fine if there wasn’t so much pride associated with such an autistic worldview.

YB doesn’t actually take it to the enemy they lay in wait for people to log and bunker when there’s a fight to be had. This creates tiers that are just not fun to play in as it’s more of a fight the third server as YB sieges you both. This playstyle is particularly cancerous in off hours. It causes a PPT cascading effect and effecting the experience of the next TZ while threatening the stability/viability of servers with lots of NA players and not much off hours. NA’s that would be good matchups and provide good fights but can’t be in tiers together because YB is PPTing at least one of them out of the tier at all times.

Over time the hostility of vets towards PPT play meant many with this YB gene went to consolidate (aka bandwagon) under the YB flag. As the game’s population dwindled because of delusion of the PPT scoring system YB was rising through the ranks picking up the “best” players along the way. One would think such hardcore competitive PPTers would like facing YB not quitting or joining them. One would think the absolute best challenge for a PPT guild/players would be to face YB and PPT this thing out. But alas they aren’t competitive because PPTing isn’t competitive it’s an almost universally recognized broken metric.

Everything ANET has done to nerf the original W3 population buffed YB playstyle which then in turn feedbacks on itself into an endless cycle of players leaving the game.

State of the game 3/23/16

It truly is astounding to see the amount of people complaining about 1 server. The honest truth is is that every server has its own play style of playing the game mode. Some servers are strictly into PPT, others do it for the Fights, others are a mixture of both. Each server has its own way of “winning”. So what if YB siege humps? For a long, long time Yaks Bend has been known for using siege. This isn’t new news, it’s old news. Everyone should’ve been well aware of this by now. It’s hilarious to see that people are treating it as if its new to them. Are you going to just sit here and complain? Or are you going to log in game and do something about it? Like I said, every server has its own play style, some don’t like it and others will. Complaining, and telling them how the game mode “should be played” won’t change their minds. Either we can sit here and complain all day and let our server(s) die while one enjoys the tears off of the other, or we can log in to the game and do something about it.

I didn’t get the “This is how it should be played” vibe off that post. It’s honestly a decent assessment of the situation. One server stacked, plays a certain way. Picked up players with the same mindset. Moved up the ranks, disrupting them as they did. Made it to the top tier. At the top tier, players of the other two servers are more concerned with a different style of play.

Whether or not you like the assessment, doesn’t mean, the players of the other servers are going to want to enjoy playing a game mode with another server with a completely different mindset. So they leave, either the tier, their server, or the game. Stacking, either beat your opponent, enjoy the same playstyle or just to win at any cost has not really worked out too well for any server that has done it, or the other servers in their tier. In fact it’s fairly detrimental to the game as a whole. All it leads to is players, both on the stacked server and off, frustrated. Winning without challenge is pretty hollow, losing repeatedly to factors you or your server cannot control is aggravating. It creates an environment where players will abandon a very good game for the next best alternative. Which starts the cycle over again in the next one. The grass is always greener until some dude kittenes all over it.

Edit. Well he/she deleted the post.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

(edited by Thundar.3910)

in WvW

X T D.6458

And I love you, XT <3

lol Emy, your a sweetheart <3

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

And I love you, XT <3

Emy for President 2016: Make Blackgate GREAT Again~!!!
(^_^)

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

X T D.6458

And I love you, XT <3

Emy for President 2016: Make Blackgate GREAT Again~!!!
(^_^)

YES ZOMG, croissants for everyone!

in WvW

Posted by: marksman.6453

marksman.6453

HEY kittenS.

I’d like to see one YB kittening kittener who doesn’t hump siege like a dead horse.
Today’s fight in SMC, Sekz/EP/CL, we demolished their forces. And what was YB’;s answer?

Use the claoking waters in SMC and chilling fog to come in rez trhe lord and then die to us. Just so they can protect a middle castle that will give them the cannoning edge over a server that knows how to play.

Listen here kittenface/ Once YB can legitimately fight on normal terms, not backcap and run away from fights, we will actually have some good fights.

Go backcap and increase your numbers. Have your siege training nights and hump your lovely shiny towers. You’re the reason this game is stuffed.

And aimed at OnS/TW ‘Invisible’ Alliance. Please go kitten/ yourself

PS. HEY STICKY!! PvF harder plis

in WvW

Posted by: Fork xD.2148

Fork xD.2148

Hello all you guys/gals. While my input may not be required or wanted for that matter, I’m still going to post it (insert deal with it meme). While I do not claim to be a WvW expert by any means, I have my fair share of play time on a variety of servers. With this being said, these experiences have led me to form my own opinion on what is causing this WvW community (T1) to decline. That cause is…. While I know that it is rude to name names (YB), I would like to point out a few things. The argument that WvW is a mixture of PvE and PvP is completely ridiculous. You (and I mean every single one of you good people) log into WvW for the exact reason which is to escape from the PvE community for some amount of time. If I wanted to fight an npc with Ironhide and a barrage of arrowcarts etc.. I would focus on the new HoT areas. Secondly, when it comes to playstyle and general tactics, it is almost comical to watch YB in an open field fight against either BG or JQ. This simply doesn’t happen due to the hide and build mentality that YB has obtained throughout their time playing lower tier servers. It is neither healthy nor helpful for the WvW community that GW2 once had. The recent loss of players is a perfect example of this. While YB may claim that they are simply “using the tactics that Anet provides them”, this is no justification for taking advantage of what most would consider a flaw in the current meta/game itself. Ask yourself (especially you YB players), why would BG/JQ want to fight a blob twice their size in an area surrounded by enemy siege at all times (which is the case in almost every YB encounter with either server). It simply makes no sense and is therefore not entertaining in the slightest. This brings me to my final point. BG IS NOT SIMPLY CRYING. Nope…in fact, we are pleading. This stems from the want for change, which is not to remove YB as a server ( I have no hate for any player, just playstyle..) , but simply to change their manipulative manners (which are the only reason they have reached T1 in the first place (just being honest)). Now, if YB were to actually open field fight during half the time they were siege hugging their third of the map (which, percentage wise, baffles me when considering their numbers) they might realize why BG/JQ is frustrated at this point. We aren’t looking to enter WvW just to realize it is another grind of iron hide equipped lords. We are doing so in order to compete. The current WvW experience simply ins’t the original mentality behind the game mode and was never considered until servers like YB decided to make it as such. So… before you come to this thread calling BG/JQ crybabies, consider this. We are not the ones utilizing what is unanimously considered a flaw in the game. Hope to see you on the (siege empty) open field. FOR SOME BAGS! =P

Faith Or Fear
BG
Fish Are Friends, Not Food.

(edited by Fork xD.2148)

in WvW

Posted by: BJownes.6927

BJownes.6927

Not sure where the suggested “BG hates pugs” attitude comes from – I’ve been a pug on BG since the start and haven’t had any negative experiences. I hop on at random times, follow whatever commander is tagged up, and (usually) get on the TS channel. I don’t even talk on TS because, well, I’m a pug and I don’t know anyone, but it seems like a community of friendly people to me. BG commanders and guilds are very open to anyone and everyone following in my experience. Map-wide invite messages to the TS channel are sent regularly at peak times and I get invites to squads almost immediately. Even just recently, there were a bunch of open sessions for any new/inexperienced commanders to get some practice in a stress-free, “It’s OK to make mistakes” environment. It was actually really cool to be a part of that.
I’m a thief main, with no guild, a fairly low WvW level, that doesn’t use a mic, plays at random hours, and isn’t even that good. Not sure it gets much more PUG than that, but I feel welcome on the server.

I don’t hate YB. I don’t hate JQ. I don’t care what the PPT score is if there’s no prize for winning. I play for fun and try to contribute as much as possible as a single person to whatever group I’m with. If I’m not having fun, I play a different game for a while.

I do mostly hate the desert BL’s+changes to WvW and I do hate certain experienceslike nearly winning a 2v1 at an enemy camp, only to be swarmed by 10 people that throw siege sites on my corpse while spamming /laugh, /sit, and /cry emotes like I should feel bad for not having friends to back me up.
I deal with it because WvW used to be amazing and I know it can be again.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

None of the servers discourage PPT activity, including capping empty things: it’s nothing shameful or bad in that, just most players DON’T ENJOY doing it, at least not for a very long time. The only thing fun in WvW are the fights, but since the competition is over, the game mode is meaningless, and thus good fights are rare or none.

WvW needs a scoring system that means something. Fights should be central to all activities, without siege of course or with siege nerfed into ground.

“Game is over” for current WvW, whatever niche activities are still practiced; PPT-ing, looking for fights (small or large scale) – all are irrelevant: leads nowhere, nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

You can still can have fun from time to time? Then have fun, doing whatever. But don’t expect the others to follow your ways, or talk about “server culture” in disdain: because both fights and PPT are pointless, it’s all “Been There, Done That”.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

HEY kittenS.
I’d like to see one YB kittening kittener who doesn’t hump siege like a dead horse.
Today’s fight in SMC, Sekz/EP/CL, we demolished their forces. And what was YB’;s answer?
Use the claoking waters in SMC and chilling fog to come in rez trhe lord and then die to us. Just so they can protect a middle castle that will give them the cannoning edge over a server that knows how to play.
Listen here kittenface/ Once YB can legitimately fight on normal terms, not backcap and run away from fights, we will actually have some good fights.
Go backcap and increase your numbers. Have your siege training nights and hump your lovely shiny towers. You’re the reason this game is stuffed.
And aimed at OnS/TW ‘Invisible’ Alliance. Please go kitten/ yourself
PS. HEY STICKY!! PvF harder plis

I don’t hump siege. I like to solo roam BUT when I venture out alone I get jumped a zillion times and I’m kind of forced to go zerg it up like everyone else does in T1. I’d like to see ANYONE come at me 1vs1 when they find me alone instead of jumping me showing off there awesome 5vs1 skills.

I’m not the best but I’m a decent fighter and would be HAPPY if more players in T1 showed off their solo skills instead of their zerging and ganking skills. You guys might be good at blobbing but coming from a low tier server I’ve fought way more decent players down in bronze. T1 solo roamers are easy bags if you ask me because there are not many solo roamers. Most people you find solo are zerglings trying to get back to their zergs and running some pve build that they use to spam skills with and call themselves good.

I’ve found a few good roamers that could take me but trust me they were not from any of the guilds you see in signatures here or the smack talkers from the troll forums..

;) lol don’t take me too seriously but really stop thinking every player plays the same exact way. Dare you lil zerglins to come fight on my terms which is SOLO

added screenshots of that Sekz/EP/CL BLOB doing what they do best

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: SgtOVERKILL.4701

SgtOVERKILL.4701

BG is a server that needs to be challenged to play PPT. Fighting to get to and stay in T1 3 years ago, all of the seasons, and last Summer/Fall when the T1/T2 shakeup happened. That’s when BG plays PPT, and plays it very well. But it’s a game mechanic that a lot of people don’t necessarily care a lot about.

The problem with PPT is how easy it is to manipulate. If PPT were purely based on how well you play in even circumstances, things would be a lot different. But because the easy answer to higher PPT is just more people and not more skill, the ones who want to win at any cost will always take that option. And some people won’t play that way. I won’t ktrain an empty BL when I know the enemy has no force that could respond to me.

I haven’t commanded much lately, but I’m getting back into it. And I plan on doing whatever I can to find fun fights that aren’t accompanied by massive amounts of siege. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t come with PPT, it just means I don’t have fun fighting under 3 ACs with 6 ballistas primed on my head.

If any YB (or JQ) sees a group led by someone with a [UD] tag, feel free to come out and fight me away from your siege. I’ll fight outnumbered and I’ll fight commanders/groups better than me. Open invitation.

You’re the hero BlackGate Deserves

in WvW

Posted by: Wirriam.1859

Wirriam.1859

I don’t think there’s a single group on bg I would consider “fight” oriented, most of them are “winning” oriented, and when I say winning I mean it in the most Charlie Sheen way imaginable.

[tRex]Leg Day Everyday

in WvW

Posted by: Cephas.4293

Cephas.4293

I don’t think there’s a single group on bg I would consider “fight” oriented, most of them are “winning” oriented, and when I say winning I mean it in the most Charlie Sheen way imaginable.

WHOA just reformed so hopefully this will change. We’ve only experienced BG vultrons who refuse to engage us on an even playing field time and time again. But last night we (OnS, BOO, and DOC) faced off against WHOA+KnT for a total of 17 fights. It was constant action because WHOA didn’t care if there were times they were outnumbered and lost or whatever, they just kept fighting. Haven’t seen that in a while in any BG guilds.

The night before we had 1 or 2 even fights against XvX and/or GoF. Then they vultroned and brought MAS into the mix. So it was XvX, GoF, and MAS against 25 of us. 20 OnS+ 5 Pugs, and that has been typical.

Tarnished Coast
[OnS] Medaria Minnick – Reaper
The Mad Priest

(edited by Cephas.4293)

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I have to admit that it’s pretty disheartening to come back to find my server has basically surrendered and if I want to get into some good heavy WvW action, I’ve got to transfer. I’ve been on BG since the beginning. There used to be this sense of community we built with pride and loyalty and now it just seems dead. I’m glad I logged in first before I put out the money on HOT lol

I only came to YB because it was the only T1 server open awhile back, I wanted to roam and heard action action action SUPER ACTION T1 boom because the tier I was in was dead as a fly! I find the roaming is kinda dead now in T1 and have no idea how T2 is currently. T3 is ok on my second account I guess.
I do find BG roamers to be very polite and easy going when I do come across one, in fact I think they may be the coolest out of the multiple tiers I’ve been on. I do hope BG returns to their former glory, sorry bud

I cas assure you t2 sucks now for roaming. Some people duel, but so few roam, so finding fights is hard. You are always outnumbered, and it seems players have lost interest in fun fights. I came to t2, cause my computer couldn’t handle t1, but those times are done, and I thinkin I’d prefer being in a lower tier server now. Not sure where, but I don’t plan on spending money to support wvw, since it was been so destroyed. If they make it free to transfer back to something like darkhaven (my original server) I may consider it, a lot of nice people used to play there.

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I deal with it because WvW used to be amazing and I know it can be again.

I sure hope you are right, as this was my favorite mode for the first few years of the game. So much fun, big fights, small fights, 1v1s, 1v2s, 2v3s, 2v4s, so much diversity in encounters. Really felt alive. I only roamed outside of playing a staff ele which was really fun during the old days. (with warriors and guardians leading pushes)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

The night before we had 1 or 2 even fights against XvX and/or GoF. Then they vultroned and brought MAS into the mix. So it was XvX, GoF, and MAS against 25 of us. 20 OnS+ 5 Pugs, and that has been typical.

Yea, that moment your 25 thought they had the 15 of us – (12 MAS +3 pugs) pinned at the N air shrine, and then… surprise! Here comes GoF! We thought it a real shame that you missed out on that ‘even’ fight, too. But, we got over it.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

X T D.6458

Yea, that moment your 25 thought they had the 15 of us – (12 MAS +3 pugs) pinned at the N air shrine, and then… surprise! Here comes GoF! We thought it a real shame that you missed out on that ‘even’ fight, too. But, we got over it.

Lol Pre /highfive

in WvW

Cephas.4293

I think you’re just salty that once BOO came to the map and your vultron only outnumbered us by 15, you wiped the rest of the night?

Tarnished Coast
The Mad Priest

in WvW

X T D.6458

I think you’re just salty that once BOO came to the map and your vultron only outnumbered us by 15, you wiped the rest of the night?

That says more about your guild not being able to hold their own tbh. Your in a guild that runs up to 40 ppl chest thumping against a guild that runs havok..um yea…I’ll bet your so proud?

Also, wtf is a vultron

in WvW

Cephas.4293

That says more about your guild not being able to hold their own tbh. Your in a guild that runs up to 40 ppl chest thumping against a guild that runs havok..um yea…I’ll bet your so proud?

Also, wtf is a vultron

Up to 40? Maybe if we pin up public on reset and are the only tag on that map. I’m not chest thumping. All I did was state earlier that MAS, XvX, and GoF vultroned against 25 of us all night. There was no exaggeration there. It is typical. It is BG.

Tarnished Coast
The Mad Priest

in WvW

X T D.6458

Also, wtf is a vultron

Up to 40? Maybe if we pin up public on reset and are the only tag on that map. I’m not chest thumping. All I did was state earlier that MAS, XvX, and GoF vultroned against 25 of us all night. There was no exaggeration there. It is typical. It is BG.

Now I like fighting OnS, I actually do, but rarely do I ever see them running small or w/o another guild, it used to be GS, now its usually LuN and Boo. And I have no problem with that, I mean why should I, its just normal strategy, and more fights for us. I really dont see why its an issue, if guilds team up to coordinate attacks against your forces. OnS has a reputation like I said of running large and with other guilds, which again is perfectly fine, no problems here whatsoever, no complaints, but knowing this its normal for 2 guilds to coordinate attacks when seeing you, because there will be the assumption that there is another enemy guild in the area. Its simply adjusting to enemy tactics.

What does vultron mean?

in WvW

Cephas.4293

Also, wtf is a vultron

Now I like fighting OnS, I actually do, but rarely do I ever see them running small or w/o another guild, it used to be GS, now its usually LuN and Boo. And I have no problem with that, I mean why should I, its just normal strategy, and more fights for us. I really dont see why its an issue, if guilds team up to coordinate attacks against your forces. OnS has a reputation like I said of running large and with other guilds, which again is perfectly fine, no problems here whatsoever, no complaints, but knowing this its normal for 2 guilds to coordinate attacks when seeing you, because there will be the assumption that there is another enemy guild in the area. Its simply adjusting to enemy tactics.

What does vultron mean?

Voltron means to team up with other guilds in order to fight another smaller force. It is a reference to an anime show where multiple smaller robots would come together to form one huge one. We don’t like to do it unless we are facing fairly even numbers. We usually start the night by ourselves, and we run 15-25. However, we are more often than not blobbed down by a combined force of BG. It is then that we have to call in another force to have any kind of chance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21t6QvYhG68&feature=youtu.be

That 1st clip is the voltron BG blob that chased us all over the map and would not engage us one at a time or unless they could AJ us.

Tarnished Coast
The Mad Priest

(edited by Cephas.4293)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Maybe wvw priority #6 should have been to bring back the matchups section on the official forums. The removal of that may have been step 1 in the population decline…… The sbi – YB – eBay 2v1 and bg-Jq-? 2v1 during seasons were classics…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

X T D.6458

I am not really understanding your complaint, because you basically had a problem with a couple guilds coordinating an attack on your force, but then bragged when your side did the same thing. I don’t really see the issue tbh, we get hit sometimes by enemy blobs of 3-4 guilds, we adjust strategy.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Also, wtf is a vultron

What does vultron mean?

Voltron means to team up with other guilds in order to fight another smaller force. It is a reference to an anime show where multiple smaller robots would come together to form one huge one. We don’t like to do it unless we are facing fairly even numbers. We usually start the night by ourselves, and we run 15-25. However, we are more often than not blobbed down by a combined force of BG. It is then that we have to call in another force to have any kind of chance.

That 1st clip is the voltron BG blob that chased us all over the map and would not engage us one at a time or unless they could AJ us.

Pretty sure he knew, but was was referencing the use of vUltron instead of vOltron ……

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

X T D.6458

Also, wtf is a vultron

What does vultron mean?

Pretty sure he knew, but was was referencing the use of vUltron instead of vOltron ……

I dont know what either of those means lol, I just took the “vultron” spelling from his post, so I didnt know the difference either way

in WvW

Cephas.4293

I am not really understanding your complaint, because you basically had a problem with a couple guilds coordinating an attack on your force, but then bragged when your side did the same thing. I don’t really see the issue tbh, we get hit sometimes by enemy blobs of 3-4 guilds, we adjust strategy.

The problem is that no BG guilds seek solo fights, and they actively seek to blob guilds down instead of seeking even engagements. That is problematic and not “fight” culture.

Tarnished Coast
The Mad Priest

(edited by Cephas.4293)

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

“I think you’re just salty that once BOO came to the map and your vultron only outnumbered us by 15, you wiped the rest of the night?”

and

“WHOA just reformed so hopefully this will change. We’ve only experienced BG vultrons who refuse to engage us on an even playing field time and time again. But last night we (OnS, BOO, and DOC) faced off against WHOA+KnT for a total of 17 fights. It was constant action because WHOA didn’t care if there were times they were outnumbered and lost or whatever, they just kept fighting. Haven’t seen that in a while in any BG guilds.
The night before we had 1 or 2 even fights against XvX and/or GoF. Then they vultroned and brought MAS into the mix. So it was XvX, GoF, and MAS against 25 of us. 20 OnS+ 5 Pugs, and that has been typical.”

Someone lock this thread due to the rapid degeneration of cohesive logic.

Thanks.

in WvW

X T D.6458

The problem is that no BG guilds seek solo fights, and they actively seek to blob guilds down. That is problematic and not “fight” culture.

If you mean abandoning another guild on the map, no we dont do that. If we see orange swords next to an ally tag, we always try to help, or at least ask if they need it. I think there is a misconception of fight guilds and fight servers. BG’s guilds tend to be more community oriented, unlike in the past where some would just prefer doing there own thing on the map ignoring everything else. My guild never does that, we love fights, and we will always go and try to help allies, regardless of enemy numbers, we communicate and coordinate constantly with other guilds because we are very community oriented. If your expecting to just run into a GvG guild that does their own thing on a map, yea your not going to find much of that on BG.