What happened to Yaks Bend?

in WvW

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

I just logged in to see Yaks Bend losing by a mile when the opposite used to be true. Are they spending a lot of time reminiscing about the good ole days (about a week ago) and not much time trying to actually win now that fighting is required?

Sladi [TW]

in WvW

Posted by: Aquachills.9013

Aquachills.9013

Poor YB :[
Must suck when doors fight back.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Muntedface made BG great again.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Geez Sladi, I would think you would know better then to make one of these threads lol

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Most of their best fighting guilds went to TC.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Few things. ET has a larger pop than AR. A lot of BG players came back to try the new content. BG got some guild transfers before the servers became locked.

Basically if BG blobs don’t log out at midnight EST during the weekdays, YB cannot close the weekend gap in points.

Another smaller factor is that several players routinely built and refreshed siege are not there any longer. I know I was burning through 20 or so Superior ACs and trebs daily as well as refreshing for 3-4 hours per day in EBG. YB generates significant PPT from generally holding objectives longer than other servers when they have a smaller population logged in.

Most of their best fighting guilds went to TC.

Most of those new TC guilds haven’t been on YB in weeks (months). They were on for a while but moved onto other T1 servers before finally moving back down to T2.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

You know YB always has that core of people dedicated to ppt? The server will live on. I long for the old FA versus YB rival. Not sure we’ll ever see that match again or days.

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Sounds like they can’t keep up with the pace of competition in T1 while BG is playing the game the way Anet designed for it to be played. Maybe it’s time for them to drop and let another server that can provide good competition come to T1? :/

kappa

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Nothing changed much on YB.
It is BG that goes fanatic as the new WvW change hits. They all go out of hibernation.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Sounds like they can’t keep up with the pace of competition in T1 while BG is playing the game the way Anet designed for it to be played. Maybe it’s time for them to drop and let another server that can provide good competition come to T1? :/

kappa

I.Love.You.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

BG had a strong presence these last two weeks. It’s not so much of YB doing that much worse but more so of BG showing up stronger than usual.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

kappa

BG only fights when they outnumber others 3 to 1.. Rest of the time all they did was back cap, run from fights and hide in towers on siege.. Not to mention the fully buffed SM with airship strikes, chilling fogs and cloaking waters. Other servers are taking a break but when there is a reason to play we’ll be back..

kappa

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

God not this thread again.

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

Someone figure this out. The sky is falling, oh no!

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

We took Torque’s advice and decided to pop redbull and snort some crack.

Torque are we doing this right? Cool.

Absolutely. Thanks for the shout out.

It’s good to see that my words were sufficient motivation to get Blackgate back in the game after your long hiatus. As someone new to the game, it’s awesome that I can have such a strong impact on a veteran group of players. You’re Welcome. Anytime you need a boost, I’m here for you.

And I can’t condone the use of crack on GW2’s official forum, but if it helps you secure the win, I’m not one to judge. Whatever gets your fingers clicking.

I’m quite happy with the result. And while I don’t speak for YB or their commanders, I can say based on the chatter in teamspeak, they are happy to have competition again.

As they say, things are sweeter after the struggle and I am confident that Yak’s Bend has the strength of character to push through this population re-balancing intact and with a positive attitude.

Stay classy, and I will see you on the borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

YB dead server. Mal with his pre-release intel pulled all the stong guilds in YB and JQ and moved them all to TC making it the next big stacked server. Match manipulation at it’s finest. And it still garners no attention from Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

We took Torque’s advice and decided to pop redbull and snort some crack.

Torque are we doing this right? Cool.

Absolutely. Thanks for the shout out.

It’s good to see that my words were sufficient motivation to get Blackgate back in the game after your long hiatus. As someone new to the game, it’s awesome that I can have such a strong impact on a veteran group of players. You’re Welcome. Anytime you need a boost, I’m here for you.

And I can’t condone the use of crack on GW2’s official forum, but if it helps you secure the win, I’m not one to judge. Whatever gets your fingers clicking.

I’m quite happy with the result. And while I don’t speak for YB or their commanders, I can say based on the chatter in teamspeak, they are happy to have competition again.

As they say, things are sweeter after the struggle and I am confident that Yak’s Bend has the strength of character to push through this population re-balancing intact and with a positive attitude.

Stay classy, and I will see you on the borderlands.

Sigh… You still don’t understand how coverage works…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Straegen.2938

BG finally wins a week with the help of the strongest T8 server after months of losing and proceeds to declare victory. Good to know.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

BeepBoopBop.5403

BG finally wins a week with the help of the strongest T8 server after months of losing and proceeds to declare victory. Good to know.

Lol is the word on YB really that BG is winning because of ET? I mean we like those guys, but come on lol.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Lol is the word on YB really that BG is winning because of ET? I mean we like those guys, but come on lol.

My point is that it has been a week. String a couple dozen of those together and then feel free to crow. Listening to several BG players gripe and moan about losing (yet somehow still winning) for the last few months is only slightly less annoying than the self congratulation they like to get when they win a week.

As for ET, they are not the sole reason but they are a contributing factor just like BG getting an influx of guilds before the lock down and BG having a large returning population.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Reverence.6915

My point is that it has been a week. String a couple dozen of those together and then feel free to crow. Listening to several BG players gripe and moan about losing (yet somehow still winning) for the last few months is only slightly less annoying than the self congratulation they like to get when they win a week.

As for ET, they are not the sole reason but they are a contributing factor just like BG getting an influx of guilds before the lock down and BG having a large returning population.

Which guilds? Curious cause I know we lost a couple of guilds since the mergers but I don’t know anything about gaining guilds, other than the ones we got several months ago now (like CL)

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

3:30 am est and BG is still Q’ing two maps. But, as BG puts it, there’s not extra players from ET, nope nothing….nada.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Naithe.4271

Naithe.4271

Thanks Torq! Appreciate the respect, but Rev is right on coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I just logged in to see Yaks Bend losing by a mile when the opposite used to be true. Are they spending a lot of time reminiscing about the good ole days (about a week ago) and not much time trying to actually win now that fighting is required?

Sladi [TW]

Someone didn’t get the memo lol

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

Yes. ET saved BG. We all know that. But it’s better that they saved BG than YB who only knows how to do siege wars.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yaks Bend got bent.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yes. ET saved BG. We all know that. But it’s better that they saved BG than YB who only knows how to do siege wars.

The plan right now is to let TC get to T1. This way it’s TC and YB in the same match with BG. That match, with that much siege, it just couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Muahahahaha….. MUAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa…..!!!!!!!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: DillyRoX.4790

DillyRoX.4790

The plan right now is to let TC get to T1. This way it’s TC and YB in the same match with BG. That match, with that much siege, it just couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Seen as your account is on Jade Quarrowcart, I´m sure you know how used we already are to dealing with siege.

Jacqui Sparrow – HB

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Seen as your account is on Jade Quarrowcart, I´m sure you know how used we already are to dealing with siege.

Think you’re confusing JQ with YB or maybe TC

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

No doubt. YB’s OCX appears lacking in a major way letting BG tick big points in the middle if the night. Just like YB used to do to you.

Not a big concern for YB as it looks like Anet is going to nerf OCX scoring soon rendering those guilds irreverence.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

What a beautiful topic.

Pumpkin – Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Perfectblue.6409

Perfectblue.6409

I say it’s because SEAL started raiding again on BG after a long winter hibernation.

in WvW

Reverence.6915

No doubt. YB’s OCX appears lacking in a major way letting BG tick big points in the middle if the night. Just like YB used to do to you.

Not a big concern for YB as it looks like Anet is going to nerf OCX scoring soon rendering those guilds irreverence.

Nope. Getting there, you’re on the right track, but still wrong. BG used to tick 200-250 during OCX anyway.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Alot of egos running a muck here. But the facts are very, very simple. Its not one person, one guild or even the added server. BG has historically always come out strong after any WvW patch, change or tournament. Its no different last week, and i suspect perhaps another week. But soon it will grow stale and BG will wane a bit, allowing YB to get back to taking care of those evil little doors, gates and walls.

I myself spent more time in WvW this past week than usual. And here’s what I seen mostly: BG has 4+ mini zergs running across a couple of maps and EB. When we run across a YB zerg, even with equal numbers, the YB zerg immediately runs into a structure, and for some reason i cannot explain, abandons it. usually they would build siege and at less siege hump, but i didnt see that from them last week. I’ve seen a few epic battles on the side keeps, but mostly its YB porting to a different map. Only this week BG has coverage on all the maps, so its harder for YB to back cap points on maps hoping BG/JQ were around..

I’ve seen some great roaming battles. A few good zerg battles with JQ, and alot less ‘siege’ battles with YB.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

You can’t take a server that was already being double-teamed every single week (I have dozens of screenshots) and not “get” that the larger server isn’t the one that is in 1st place.

The ignorance of the choices made way before this, starting with the megaserver and complete inability to recruit on our own servers, to a one, and the “server linking” have now made WvW unplayable by any less than 10 together, never, ever alone.

Thanks Anet for destroying our specialness, our “can do” server and forcing those who already did 6-10 hours or more a day in WvW to walk away and know that Anet didn’t listen, didn’t care and will never comprehend that they destroyed communities that were struggling with fewer than the numbers were were against every week.

It’s not that YB was larger… It was a better fighter against larger numbers – was until the, now, megablobs (70+) and huge roaming groups make a 4-1 to 50-1 fights a 24 hour fact.

Community didn’t matter.

What we said for over two years, didn’t matter.

The only way to remedy this is to stop the linking and give us all the maps and let people have to make real life choices on what to save and what to let go.

“Coverage” a total joke. Most hours are covered – the small group or a single is totally out of the equation.

The point was to give larger servers the smaller servers to fight, not make mega servers out of tier 1 and watch the scores go wildly in a direction they haven’t until now.

The point was to give the larger servers competition, not stack them.

The point was to give smaller servers a chance to win against larger servers not all twos, not all pairs, but combinations that equaled (as closely as possible) the server, singluar, above it.

Anet, you got this one way wrong, even with so many of us trying to outline what was needed for equity it seems none of what we said or outlined happened at all.

Big clue: The sloppy removal of the parts of the barriers and paths was a sure sign that this was not thought through logically – it makes me wonder who the heck is writing the code and making decisions since “if” – “then” statements on any flow chart would show this was the worst way to go and is nothing like what we asked for.

And now we are being asked, again, here and in reddit for what is necessary for WvW, but how can you do any such thing when you have no way to really poll all of WvW?

Give us our game back.

Give us our servers back.

Stop the server linking.

And on a linked subject (pun intended) —Give us cross server chat on our own servers – which was put into the poll you are sending out in the absolute wrong category. That choice should have been in the other section ; so the poll was already not valid and strange for putting chat in that section.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

atheria I think you are missing the point. YB wasn’t ‘winning the larger battles’ before. They were winning the PPT by back capping other maps when the smaller BG (can’t speak for JQ) were rampaging on a different maps.

With this change, now the coverage is equal, and BG has a presence at the OCX times and coverage for when YB tries to back cap another map.

So in short, this change by Anet indirectly forces servers to fight for objectives now. Map hopping and capping as much as possible on an empty map to get the PPT points to dominate the scoreboard. For weeks we’ve been hearing how YB is this superior server cause they know how to use siege. Well now YB cannot entrench in structures as much anymore, as more people on the map means more structures are flipping more often and not getting upgraded. Supply lines are getting destroyed, no supply for building 10+ sieges anymore, etc.

IMHO, they should make one super-map. Map hopping and back capping objectives uncontested bloat some servers egos into thinking they are these gods at WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

atheria I think you are missing the point. YB wasn’t ‘winning the larger battles’ before. They were winning the PPT by back capping other maps when the smaller BG (can’t speak for JQ) were rampaging on a different maps.

With this change, now the coverage is equal, and BG has a presence at the OCX times and coverage for when YB tries to back cap another map.

So in short, this change by Anet indirectly forces servers to fight for objectives now. Map hopping and capping as much as possible on an empty map to get the PPT points to dominate the scoreboard. For weeks we’ve been hearing how YB is this superior server cause they know how to use siege. Well now YB cannot entrench in structures as much anymore, as more people on the map means more structures are flipping more often and not getting upgraded. Supply lines are getting destroyed, no supply for building 10+ sieges anymore, etc.

IMHO, they should make one super-map. Map hopping and back capping objectives uncontested bloat some servers egos into thinking they are these gods at WvW.

coverage is not equal one bit.. Maybe if guilds didn’t hop servers right before we got changes it would be a different story. I’m seeing more people talk about massive queues in other tiers and all I see is outnumbered icon more than queues on YB

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

YB is a server in transition, and has been for some time. There are folks on the server who want to fight even-ish numbers and have a blast doing it. There are folks who just want to defend “their stuff”. There are also folks somewhere in the middle.

It’s also incredibly disorganized.

So nothing that’s happening while so many changes are happening in WvW is particularly surprising. It will ultimately end up wherever it should based on current population, activity, coverage, and ability to compete.

Servers change as guilds, populations, and communities change.

Be interesting to see where it ends up.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Never seen YB fight at all except for Me and BOO. Everybody else on YB is faceroll 1 push joke really. I played reset to see how it was and DOC/FoW basically fed bags for 6 hours straight on YB BL this week, what a joke of a server.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

This thread will be clearly deleted, so have fun until then, because some players are so narrow-minded about what a thri-realm game means, how the WvW scoring system works and why things are happening, that is almost entertaining.

Always happens when someone is happy with listening to “one side” only, wanting that version to be correct… but rarely it is, if ever.

Just about BG: no way they are leading this PPT race currently because ET, though they helped (which is great, good job for working together, WvW needs that spirit). Blackgate it’s one of the most powerful servers, though the game being almost dead for so long, made most playing something else… same as on most other servers. The giants are asleep… but when a few wake up, the heroes of old times – then can be seen by all, why they were at top for so long, why WvW was full of amazing battles 24/7 about 2 years ago and so. Not the boring backcapping on empty maps that happened lately… but multiple maps queued and huge battles waged, for every objective.

Blackgate is the last bastion of the old times in T1, that some say, survived due to “hibernation”. Of course that part of this is a myth, many heroes are long gone and never returned. But a few are still there, giving legitimacy to aim for that first place in WvW, unlike these newly stacked soulless bandwagon servers that appeared lately.

From your old rivals and friends on Jade Quarry: heartfelt salutes Blackgate! May your reign last until we return, because no other server deserves it more.

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Always HATED the double team ups. At one time I was on a server that loved to do that. In the end, us getting double teamed is fine. Loosing is fine. Things always change, We stomped on BG and JQ when they double teamed us, In time, we will do the same as we always have. BG and DB just double teamed our keep. Enjoy your victory, in time, things will change, they always do………

in WvW

Posted by: killtl.9703

killtl.9703

I hope JQ recovers, I think the BG and JQ matchups make for the most evenly competitive and therefore enjoyable fighting in WvW. A lot of folks complain about blob fights but they just don’t realize what a joy it is fight in a coordinated, smartly led group.

in WvW

BeepBoopBop.5403

Always HATED the double team ups. At one time I was on a server that loved to do that. In the end, us getting double teamed is fine. Loosing is fine. Things always change, We stomped on BG and JQ when they double teamed us, In time, we will do the same as we always have. BG and DB just double teamed our keep. Enjoy your victory, in time, things will change, they always do………

Can’t be a complete WvW thread without a 2v1 accusation.

in WvW

Posted by: killtl.9703

killtl.9703

The funny thing about 2 vs 1 is that it should be a standard practice if you think about it. The smart strategy is when the 2 losing servers gang up on the winning one to even out the match. Then when another server is coming out on top, the other two should focus on that one. That way you have much more competitive matches.

The big complaint from BG in Season 2 was that 2 vs 1 was used to fix the match against a single server regardless of if they were ahead. It led to very lopsided losses and took away strategy. If TC and JQ had teamed up to even out the matches and then play balanced I don’t think there would have been much complaining.

Remember – close competitive matches are where the fun is, not lopsided victories. that goes both for the winners and the losers

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Always HATED the double team ups. At one time I was on a server that loved to do that. In the end, us getting double teamed is fine. Loosing is fine. Things always change, We stomped on BG and JQ when they double teamed us,

In what universe?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Lol if we truly double teamed YB, YB would tick 0-50 PPT for about 8 hours from OCX to end of SEA. It never happened except in your imagination

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in WvW

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

The funny thing about 2 vs 1 is that it should be a standard practice if you think about it. The smart strategy is when the 2 losing servers gang up on the winning one to even out the match. Then when another server is coming out on top, the other two should focus on that one. That way you have much more competitive matches.

The big complaint from BG in Season 2 was that 2 vs 1 was used to fix the match against a single server regardless of if they were ahead. It led to very lopsided losses and took away strategy. If TC and JQ had teamed up to even out the matches and then play balanced I don’t think there would have been much complaining.

Remember – close competitive matches are where the fun is, not lopsided victories. that goes both for the winners and the losers

The win trading that kept TC and jq from ever getting split up was a major issue as well. Each week one server would give the other their towers/keeps, until they fought it out for real in the final week.

A real shame because there were some really good fights back then. I am just coming back now and it seems like the new BL is not good for open fights, and the new meta seems to be to sit tight and build arrow carts. There seem to be a lot of extra ledges that are meant to be used exclusively for defensive arrow carts.

Hyade and his flamethrower

(edited by BAITness.1083)

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Lol if we truly double teamed YB, YB would tick 0-50 PPT for about 8 hours from OCX to end of SEA. It never happened except in your imagination

lol BG is finally paired with a server that knows what map politics is rather than operating on “durr red = dead!!!” and suddenly it’s a 2v1.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Actually, I think it’s great fun. YB is a place where the fights come to you!

It’s good to be hated.

(edited by Boreal.9826)

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

Always HATED the double team ups. At one time I was on a server that loved to do that. In the end, us getting double teamed is fine. Loosing is fine. Things always change, We stomped on BG and JQ when they double teamed us,

In what universe?

When BG and JQ came after us, our keep, And now its BG and DB doing the same, that kinda stuff is never Full time. Its just done for our keep, and sometimes here and there. Oh and from time to time, one will help the other stop us from taking something. Again, not all the time.

Nice thing is when they do that, we manage to hit there bl and take there garri. So its all fine, and good fun.