What happened to Yaks Bend?

in WvW

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Well, tbh YB has been #1 server for a long long long time and its natural for the other 2 servers on the tier join forces against us. Despite that, we at YB always managed to win due to our 24/7 coverage.

During first overhaul week one of our key CMD had to take a break and our coverage was severely affected. That in combination with the BG population increase led to a hard first week..

BG is now able to queue 2 blads at 3am EST, so they basically take everything every night.

In adition, I know about a few YB guilds that arent really trying too hard because they want to YB to drop to T2 so we can fight different ppl.

Fighting the same 2 servers for months/years is getting us sick…. we need something different in order to get motivated again.

DB is doing a good job this week and we have had some fun fights against them.

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I came from anvil rock. I mostly play after 9 pm. pacific time, and occasionally in the 9-11am time on weekends. With the exception of the first night, at most one map has been queued, and the ones that aren’t queued frequently have the outnumbered buff. It seems to be a population issue when I’m playing. I was surprised they were able to pull out a second place the first week.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

coz SEA ppl already wake up

:3

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Wait, so the server that has won 1st place in 2 out of 3 seasons, continues winning when their playerbase feels like it, counts as an oddity to you?

During a time when BG is active in WvW again, you’d think this is the time your commanders would want to step it up and fight against equal numbers. Instead, you make excuses and blame everything but your own server.

Attachments:

(edited by Ven Zehn.6573)

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Wait, so the server that has won 1st place in 2 out of 3 seasons, continues winning when their playerbase feels like it, counts as an oddity to you?

I wonder how the folks on that server feel about a hard population cap?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

During a time when BG is active in WvW again, you’d think this is the time your commanders would want to step it up and fight against equal numbers. Instead, you make excuses and blame everything but your own server.

Keep telling yourself that it is now equal numbers. I’m happy to see BG finally come out to play but now you are using the exact same tactics that you all complained about when you were not playing. For some reason you think its ok because you all decided to play again but you don’t realize that now YOU outnumber the other 2 servers.

Anyone who says servers are now equal failed math.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: LuMai.5034

LuMai.5034

I love how people say ET is the strongest t8 server like its t8 and and they were in last place how strong can they be? Maybe BG has a huge rise in population because before veterans quit they moved back to BG like myself and are starting to play again with the alpine bls coming back. But keep saying strong t8 server it makes me laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I love how people say ET is the strongest t8 server like its t8 and and they were in last place how strong can they be? Maybe BG has a huge rise in population because before veterans quit they moved back to BG like myself and are starting to play again with the alpine bls coming back. But keep saying strong t8 server it makes me laugh.

Its a combination of things that affected each of the t1 servers..

For BG, ET has been a great help in bringing a lot of small team play which BG has lacked for a long time. We also had a lot of players return to the game like a lot of our SEA population to cover a very important timezone. And BG is also known for coming out strong when there is incentive to win, this is nothing new.

JQ kind of got screwed by bad timing, they were losing a lot of important guilds to t2 before the server linking, had their activity level drop to High, then got locked to full status. Then lost more guilds basically making them unable to compete in tier1. The glicko spread will only make it more difficult for them.

Yb is finding it harder to do what allowed them to win, basically pv’dooring on empty maps and grinding ppt all day. Since there are more people on maps now, and actually defending their scoring has slowed down quite a bit.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

Well YB and BG TC is gunning for you they run full map blobs and Pin Watch so you all have fun next week

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Reset raid: can you say your maps weren’t queued during NA, when our maps were queued? And yes, I always hear about YB not doing well during reset raid, during times when all numbers are relatively equal. Take that as you will, spin it any way you need.

Anyway, on the more important side, take care to promote a more positive tone in your server in general, I personally don’t want any servers falling apart from internal strife. Use the fact that BG is now fighting, to pull you wvw’ers together, instead of pulling apart, for the sake of your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

For BG, ET has been a great help in bringing a lot of small team play which BG has lacked for a long time. We also had a lot of players return to the game like a lot of our SEA population to cover a very important timezone. And BG is also known for coming out strong when there is incentive to win, this is nothing new.

IMO this was the missing piece for BG over the last year or so. BG has always had strong open field large group play but lacked in off hours support and had few havoc squads running defense. Right now BG is running a population glut which leads to big scores but even without that big returning population I think BG/ET would still be winning.

Not that ET is a huge bump in population but they play like YB plays and defend well against it. It was immediately noticeable on the BLs when we started seeing small roaming squads back capping like YB does.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

ET had been dominating T8 and had by far the largest population; then they got paired with the highest population T1.

As I said in another thread, BG should have been left alone, all 3 T8s should have been combined with JQ, and YB should have gotten a T7.

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

ET had been dominating T8 and had by far the largest population; then they got paired with the highest population T1.

As I said in another thread, BG should have been left alone, all 3 T8s should have been combined with JQ, and YB should have gotten a T7.

Wonder what server you’re on

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

Yb is finding it harder to do what allowed them to win, basically pv’dooring on empty maps and grinding ppt all day. Since there are more people on maps now, and actually defending their scoring has slowed down quite a bit.

Wait, so it is PVD’ing empty maps and grinding PPT when YB does it (say, during EU), but not when BG, JQ, and DB do it (during OCX/SEA)?

Perspective is a funny thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

BG finally wins a week with the help of the strongest T8 server after months of losing and proceeds to declare victory. Good to know.

Lol is the word on YB really that BG is winning because of ET? I mean we like those guys, but come on lol.

Yes. ET saved BG. We all know that. But it’s better that they saved BG than YB who only knows how to do siege wars.

The plan right now is to let TC get to T1. This way it’s TC and YB in the same match with BG. That match, with that much siege, it just couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Muahahahaha….. MUAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa…..!!!!!!!!!

Seen as your account is on Jade Quarrowcart, I´m sure you know how used we already are to dealing with siege.

Think you’re confusing JQ with YB or maybe TC

Have ye met CloudFly? cause kitten son….no one chucks AC’s for 5 people like CloudFly…

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

X T D.6458

Wait, so it is PVD’ing empty maps and grinding PPT when YB does it (say, during EU), but not when BG, JQ, and DB do it (during OCX/SEA)?

Did you even read what I wrote? YB is actually facing competition now because there are more people playing and more incentive to defend and win a matchup. Therefore what helped a server like YB win, becomes a lot harder for them to do. Yb depended on this tactic as well as their opponenets not putting up any defense to stay on top, now that is’nt happening as much, and the result is yb not being able to compete in the same way.

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Isn’t DK still playing? He’s a PPT machine and usually finds a way to win matches.

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Poor YB :[
Must suck when doors fight back.

Couldn’t have put it better myself! xD
Essentially with the recent major WvW update, and merged servers for WvW, YB now faces servers with relative populations and coverage as their own. Arenanet is undoing the match up/ glicko munipulation that has been going on for years!

P.S. Maybe DK left his basement for more than 15 minutes? :o

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Poor YB :[
Must suck when doors fight back.

Couldn’t have put it better myself! xD
Essentially with the recent major WvW update, and merged servers for WvW, YB now faces servers with relative populations and coverage as their own. Arenanet is undoing the match up/ glicko munipulation that has been going on for years!

P.S. Maybe DK left his basement for more than 15 minutes? :o

I know the wounds inflicted by YB run deep, but can we leave attacks on individuals to the other forums pls?

in WvW

Boreal.9826

Did you even read what I wrote? YB is actually facing competition now because there are more people playing and more incentive to defend and win a matchup. Therefore what helped a server like YB win, becomes a lot harder for them to do. Yb depended on this tactic as well as their opponenets not putting up any defense to stay on top, now that is’nt happening as much, and the result is yb not being able to compete in the same way.

What you are talking about is called coverage. YB has had it the past few months, and BG has it now. I mean, just look at the drastic difference in queue’s.

It’s not rocket science.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

BG finally wins a week with the help of the strongest T8 server after months of losing and proceeds to declare victory. Good to know.

Lol is the word on YB really that BG is winning because of ET? I mean we like those guys, but come on lol.

Yes. ET saved BG. We all know that. But it’s better that they saved BG than YB who only knows how to do siege wars.

The plan right now is to let TC get to T1. This way it’s TC and YB in the same match with BG. That match, with that much siege, it just couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Seen as your account is on Jade Quarrowcart, I´m sure you know how used we already are to dealing with siege.

Have ye met CloudFly? cause kitten son….no one chucks AC’s for 5 people like CloudFly…

Cloudfly is solely a pugmander and hardly representative of the server as a whole.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Isn’t DK still playing? He’s a PPT machine and usually finds a way to win matches.

Someone said he announced on team speak that he’s gonna be pulling 24hr duty tonight. :-D

in WvW

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Someone said he announced on team speak that he’s gonna be pulling 24hr duty tonight. :-D

if all he’s doing is putting 50 on 1 party again and dies on inc at every engagement, he can put up 28 hour shifts per day and he still won’t end up doing kitten now that he has more than doors to fight against.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Jesus…..I think I’ll do some yard work and build another raised vegetable garden this week. WvW is zzzz zzz mode.

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Cloudfly is solely a pugmander and hardly representative of the server as a whole.

Cloudfly is the JQ SEA version of Yak’s Bend DK. He carries JQ much like DK carries YB. Cloudfly builds more ACs than DK does and overall DK is a better commander considering Cloudfly text commands. Yet still he represents the core of JQs coverage especially now.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Aeowia.7214

Aeowia.7214

Cloudfly is the JQ SEA version of Yak’s Bend DK. He carries JQ much like DK carries YB. Cloudfly builds more ACs than DK does and overall DK is a better commander considering Cloudfly text commands. Yet still he represents the core of JQs coverage especially now.

Cloud Fly actually uses TS, since… months ago. But text command is there too and it’s pretty useful for newbies. Just an fyi. About who builds more AC’s and despite that who is “the better commander”… my goodness, this forum is funny sometimes…

[FV] Fearless Vanguard, The Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

Cloud Fly actually uses TS, since… months ago. But text command is there too and it’s pretty useful for newbies. Just an fyi. About who builds more AC’s and despite that who is “the better commander”… my goodness, this forum is funny sometimes…

Just pointing out how many times JQ rage on DK when you guys have one of your own. Good to know cloudfly uses TS3.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Not Ace.4920

Not Ace.4920

The best jokes I’ve heard in a while on this thread. Keep em comin boys. YB “we fight better outnumbered” “2v1” “ET boosted BG”. How delusional can one server be. I came back to the game 2 months ago. All I ever saw from YB was siege and back caps. The moment any fight was relatively even you would run with your tails between your legs and drop enough siege to cap the structure. BG has always been the sleeping dragon of T1 and anyone who doesn’t know it by now, has not spent much time in T1 AKA YB. Make all the excuses you want, but I am enjoying reality hitting you all in the face. You got bandwagoned on a tier you don’t belong in, and hopefully you will be out of T1 sooner than later.

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I’m curious. Why does the server that has recently been stomped on repeatedly and suddenly becomes the leader (usually because “Commander X” joined them) do they feel the need to come into forums and start threads like these?

“What happened to <insert server name here>” threads should be assumed automatically to be nothing more than the latest incarnation of back of the pack zerglings needing an outlet to create an unhealthy environment.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

BG too strong.

DB is like the server version of WHOA. They ride the coattails of the better server/guild and claim to be good. The reality is their just full nomad and can sustain until saved by a decent force.

P.S. No one likes you Sladie.. Think it’s your weird, sickly, high pitch voice. IBTL!

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

BG too strong.

DB is like the server version of WHOA. They ride the coattails of the better server/guild and claim to be good. The reality is their just full nomad and can sustain until saved by a decent force.

P.S. No one likes you Sladie.. Think it’s your weird, sickly, high pitch voice. IBTL!

Eh, it is good to see someone is still interested in the game. I am struggling to get my raid to stop snap chatting and watching YouTube videos during our fights.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You guys have it allllllll wrong. BG is winning because [Pugmanders] moved there a few weeks ago and is kicking so much tail. Yes…. We are that good.

/em Flex

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

I have seen the man run from late NA through to early EU many times. If you play vs JQ on a BL map, in any TZ but EU/NA prime, then you will have CloudFly chucking AC’s at you…

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

in WvW

Posted by: iinyx.5943

iinyx.5943

BG too strong.

While I can agree that nobody likes Sladi, WHOA doesn’t run nomads. :>

[GoF] | Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Serr.1853

Serr.1853

BG too strong.

Nomads lmao…the stupidity is strong

[Whoa] Wipe Hard On Ambients

in WvW

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

my cuzins in bg stopped playing with their feet and started playing properly. gg ez yb

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Cloudfly is the JQ SEA version of Yak’s Bend DK.

I didn’t realise Cloudfly was the guild leader of the biggest guild on the server and the server leader. As for the relative merits mileage varies especially when you consider Cloud is always pugmanding whereas DK does lead a large guild group a lot of the time.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Cloudfly is good enough to beat CERN zergs without any AC. Been there, seen it on Bay tonight.
Don’t know why people need to badmouth in forums about somebody they never met. Kindergarten at it’s best.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

X T D.6458

They closed down the JQ thread, and left this crap open?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

#Anetthings ………..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Just pointing out how many times JQ rage on DK when you guys have one of your own. Good to know cloudfly uses TS3.

Let’s be real here.. Cloudfly never could use as much siege as DK has. 12 ACs in a tower?! Is that really necessary? It would have been one thing if it was a one time thing.. but this was like every single day.. JQ players would not even refresh all that because they would say screw that and leave.

I really don’t think Cloudfly and DK are comparable though, they appear to be quite different.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

There is also Wai who stays up for days on end to PvD with his blob guild. No skill required- just tag up and everyone would know it’s time to ktrain. Then he would boast about his PPT abilities on the other forums right before YB snatched it away. Lmao He would flip out and run himself and his guild ragged for nothing.

Of course that was all before the kill guild dissolved.. much like whenever they got into an even numbered fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurika.6751

Aurika.6751

BG too strong.

Kilo, you sound a little upset. Probably because you are in [FoW] and run with [ME] — two guilds that raid as blobs and run usually run from anything resembling an even fight.

Here is what happens when either your real guild or the one you ride the coattails of actually tries to fight close to even numbers.

The 1st fight in this video is [Me] making a bad life choice and pushing a tower when they don’t outnumber us by quite enough — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kilpIDu2KeA

This video is just DK wiping even with a numbers advantage — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shUSsfLuzJo

The second video has the added bonus of sharing my weird, sickly, high pitch voice with the world. Of course, Kilo is in a guild led by a possible sociapath based on this recording — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15Yw6EH7O4&index=1&list=PLVr3UCxPCa1O8qMToCCD81kmtv189HroO

Also, for anyone unaware, here is the post that inspired my original post in this thread — https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/What-happened-to-Blackgate/page/8#post6102443

Now I should probably be a cool kid and say IBTL.

Sladi [TW]

(edited by Aurika.6751)

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

They closed down the JQ thread, and left this crap open?

This thread needs to live on. It is both educational and motivational.

Revel in your victory. It’s ok. You are allowed.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

lol cloud fly. Might have been a relevant topic a year and half ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I spent part of last nite trying to figure out why the queue was 25-28 deep in the YBBL and the EB bunch was outnumbered. It was then I remembered alpine was back. From what little I’ve dabbled in WvW since the “link”, only difference between AR & YB is at least when I log back in, YB hasn’t been completely erased from the map. The outnumbered was pretty much another day at the office for AR.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

I spent part of last nite trying to figure out why the queue was 25-28 deep in the YBBL and the EB bunch was outnumbered. It was then I remembered alpine was back. From what little I’ve dabbled in WvW since the “link”, only difference between AR & YB is at least when I log back in, YB hasn’t been completely erased from the map. The outnumbered was pretty much another day at the office for AR.

Lol Yeeeeah… expect outmanned buffs until matches change. The fairweathers are out in force. Hopefully you’re able to at least get some decent fights with DB/SoR. Haven’t logged in much to see what they bring but it couldn’t be nearly as blobby.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

So is Yak’s Bend due for a fall to T2 tonight ?

Or do we have to bash them another week to grease the skids ?

in WvW

Posted by: Grim Reaper.3048

Grim Reaper.3048

WOW, all the hate in here, I am shocked ANET has not deleted this thread already.

BG was a server that had most of there WvW guilds inactive, now that the new patch came out, BG Guilds are out in force. They are able to QUE maps 24-7. Great for BG bad for any other servers they face.

So if YB goes down to T2 for a bit, that’s ok, we will fight are way back up.

in WvW

Dhemize.8649

BG is where the fairweathers go. Once the badwagoners meet up with fellow wagon servers they’ll burn themselves out while YB chills.

I’m glad BG got trashed for as long as it did. Now when they try to blob PvD thinking they’re getting any sort of retribution against players like myself (who lol’d at BG’s failures for many months) who haven’t logged into wvw for the past two weeks their revenge is suddenly hollow and laughable. The damage has already been done.

PvD your life away and blob those nameless enemies though! That’ll show the guy who once played! Ahahaha