What happened to match making?

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Q:

Did something break? It look like servers are all mixed up this week. Did Anet remove Gecko algorithm?

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

not being a dev, I can only guess they are doing trial and error. o.o

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

It’s called Glicko, and this week’s matchups are completely within the expected possibilities.

in WvW

Posted by: Kinthiri.9604

Kinthiri.9604

If you look in the pinned forum about temporary glicko adjustments, you’ll see the latest from Gaile Grey that says

3/17/17 Adjustments:
NA:
• Fort Aspenwood: +20
• Sea of Sorrows: +20
• Tranished Coast: -100
• Maguuma: -100
EU:
• Baruch Bay: +50
• Riverside: -150
• Kodash: +50
• Piken Square: -150
• Ring of Fire: +25

The current matchups are deliberate + RNG.

kinthiri.9604 – Co-leader of Anvils Hammers [HARD] – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Why did they remove 100 points from Maguuma? That dropped us to tier 3. I’m not math doctor, so I think it’s unfair to force us into low Gecko rating because we take a break from WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Baronvonhippo.3157

Baronvonhippo.3157

Why did they remove 100 points from Maguuma? That dropped us to tier 3. I’m not math doctor, so I think it’s unfair to force us into low Gecko rating because we take a break from WvW.

It is because Maguuma couldn’t hang in T1 and stopped playing as they were getting farmed.

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

When you look at the EU tiers, it feels like nonsense. Tier one in 1-4-8th… what happened ?

There’s that server who lost a big part of population due to new linkings. So be it !
Lost first matchup. Been steamrolled the whole 2nd matchup. Steamrolled = on the ~80 skirmishes, that server never gone 1st, gone 2nd like 5 times, and got third the rest.

And that server went up in T1 ? What kind of sorcery is this ? Are the poor players doomed to being crushed again ? Is that the new definition of “fun” ?

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

It’s called Glicko, and this week’s matchups are completely within the expected possibilities.

Which doesn’t mean much when the Glicko system is such a joke for WvW that they have to intervene and manually adjust ratings.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

When you look at the EU tiers, it feels like nonsense. Tier one in 1-4-8th… what happened ?

Its fiiiiiine… FSP only have 2.9 kdr and 100% of skirmishes won so far. They can still turn it around. I’m certain of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

All part of Anets master plan to get rid of wvw, steamroll til no one plays then……ESPORTS!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Anet change the Geico to give match variety.
Rejoice, for the McKenna giveth.

in WvW

Posted by: benny.1796

benny.1796

• Riverside: -150
• Piken Square: -150

This was highly neccessary. [Irony off/tears on]

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

The problem is that ANet altered glicko massively. -100 and -150 is huge. It can be the difference between a Tier 2 and a Tier 4 server easily. So, with that massive adjustment, the semi-delicate balance we’d made in NA in T2, T3 and T4 was all thrown completely out of whack for no goddarned reason at all.

Essentially, a bunch of people got rewarded for not playing the game. Here’s to hoping Mag gets stuck in Tier 3, so we can re-establish the 3 good tiers we had.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Mag in T3 is a joke. Totally wrecking the balance we had. ANet and their algorithm is basically rewarding a T1 server that threw a hissy fit. Meanwhile YB still unlinked and locked.

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

Your message has been removed by a moderator.

They aren’t forcing people to move and buy gems no no no. Why they lock lower tiers making you think it’s full…While tons of T1 guilds transfered down messing the entire thing up. Tier 3-4 got up to T2… with 95% less numbers makes total sense it’s working as intended im sure. But hey this comment will be removed in 10 seconds. Cannot express my point of view after being a player for 4 years seems like it.

• Sea of Sorrows: +20 Jumping into T2….

Maguuma dropping……..

This is when you realise the hamster stopped pedaling.

(edited by hayabusafmw.9370)

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Match making means absolutely nothing in WvW do to too much hands on glicko manipulation of Devs and always changing the scoring every other month or so. It’s pathetic to be honest.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

[Match-up threads are not permitted on the forums. Thank you!]