What if EotM replaces WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I completely agree with Ironvos, for those people claiming that there is no server pride or no one cares about community, I have to say you are wrong. Maybe you don’t care about server pride or your gvg guild doesn’t care, but plenty of people do. That’s why there are vibrant server TS and server websites exist.

Switching the whole WvW mode to EoTM will be a horrible idea. The map is new and interesting and adds a bit variety to normal WvW play. However if the whole WvW is like the color based system where no one knows each other and care about each other, it will get old really fast.

I will take this style of wvw over fighting for something I know will just be taken when I am asleep.

Good for you if you enjoy EoTM style of play, just understand that a lot of people do care about server pride and community and don’t get the same level of enjoyment you do from EoTM. There’s no reason that one mode need to completely replace the other mode, I am happy that both EoTM and regular WvW co-exist now as now both type of players can get their fun.

Blackgate Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Personally I wouldn’t be able to stay on a server that didn’t have much a sense of community. EoTM doesn’t have much of that IMO at least, it’s not too unlike EB and the lootbag hunters. I can understand in a way if the difference between Coverage and Population is so large, but I’d expect people to give it a try when they are able to come up with equal numbers at least.
This is not to say I’m against GvGers or Roamers, it’s just my opinion.

It’s close to almost a year since Deso got stuck in Tier 1 for so many months, people got demoralized and alot of people got burned out. Eventually we dropped down a Tier and our community rebuilt after people decided to make the effort, the thing is though if you just drop only to stomp a lower Tier then that is hypocritical really.

EoTM has enough going to differentiate it from normal wvw, it isn’t going to replace wvw in the long run IMO. From running with a blob, running with your Guild or Roaming, after having a short run on the new map I feel the Borderlands and EB are still better designed maps for certain play-styles. No matter how pointless the End of the week Score may be, I feel as though it’s alot more safer for roamers on the Main Maps and alot easier to find Guilds to fight right now.
The one thing I really like about EoTM is being able to play and fight against cross-server friends.

TL:DR: I think using EoTM as a convenient excuse to join the hive-mind to farm lootbags, gain personal reward and terrorize PVE’ers isn’t putting yourselves in a good light.

Part of that problem lies with Anet, especially after the so called reward they gave for those who part in League Season 1.
WvW as a weekly Competition is a joke and the reward we get is lacking despite some of the hard work some of us put in, it can’t be just supplemented by Communities that put together their own initiatives, Karma trains or just EB blobbing.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Matipzieu KyA.9613

Matipzieu KyA.9613

I’ll keep this short and sweet and simple: community and server pride, that sense of belonging to this server and this server mattering, is the vast majority of what is keeping my guild and I playing this game.

If that leaves, the amount of reasons we have both to play and to make purchases at the gem store will probably not be sufficient to keep us doing either.

I hope that there will be more emphasis on interesting story (not “scarlet” type Saturday morning cartoon antics, but epic dragon-slaying stories with a personal touch, like the original lure, appeal, draw, and dignity of GW2, as befitting the legacy of GW1) as well as opportunities for actual PvE, full dungeons, zone content, and WvW to be improved and expanded. These game dynamics are important, but the community and server community context of this game is a crucial part of maintaining GW2 as a mature and interesting MMO, instead of a cheap cesspool knockoff like so many others my guild and I have fled.

We enjoy GW2. But if it devolves into that cheap cesspool, I’m not sure many of my guildmates would be able to stomach it—or the sad loss that it would imply.

Apologies if this was a little blunt: it needed to be said.

Matixvieu (et al) | Blackgate – WvW, PvE
GM of [KyA] Established 2002

in WvW

Posted by: Savroula.4803

Savroula.4803

The only thing Anet needs to do now is to improve their queuing system. Large guilds should be allowed to queue together, but they should be dumped into an EOTM instance where other large guilds are queued up. This will create more of a competitive environment where organized guild zergs get to go up against other organized guild zergs, with some pugs thrown in the mix. Rather than organized guild zergs steam rolling pugs without even a commander in charge.

Well, the have to make commanders, more than just a blue thingy on the map. They MUST give him an interface with HIS SQUAD’s statistcs, groups, professions, etc. To do that, they have to implement a Squad Raiding system (even if it is visible ONLY to the commander in charge). and only THEN they can make a Commander Raid queue system, so that the Commander could queue up his raid members so if there is space in a certain EotM Overflow, it would get him and EVERYONE of his raid members there. But there has been almost two years, and commanders are still only blue dots in the map. They should even add different tag colours for each commander squad. Make those 100g every commander spent on buying a Tag, worth it, so ppl will be willing to invest in it. For guild Groups, add a function for the commander to be able to switch his tag from public, to Guild Only, or even Squad only. To be able to invite ppl to Squad, to kick ppl from squad. So assign something like a “Ranged” wingman for his “subleader”. They should reassign player map colour dots to different squad members.
I hope EotM works, but most of BLs will die gradually imo. Eternal has SM and it is mostly about skirmishing and good, open, large scale battles, while BLs are mostly about capturing and defending towers drowned in siege. And the less ppl to man those sieges, the faster the towers go down (imagine that I have run with so powerful blobs that we did only facerub t2 towers/keeps, with minimal loses, but the defensive siege was giving us a hard time. With less population, what’s the point in upgrading stuff? There would only be karma trains). But that is my personal opinion.

Sivaas Sil @Desolation
~ /LookingForLootbags ~

(edited by Savroula.4803)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

EOTM stands to rip apart WvW in its current form, yet another sterling job anet. Unless thats what you actually want to do.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

The power of hammer trains is just incredibly hard to counter without an extremely organized group, what they need to add is a “crowded” debuff that either reduces your damage by 75% or makes you miss 75% of the time, that would kill WvW stacking.

Nah sorry having played GW1 since release, I’d rather not go back to the days where direct damage classes/builds are unable to play PvP since hex/condition casters are griefing the playground.

Nice try though. GW2 has its flaws but its PvP is way more balanced than GW1 ever was. “Go hex caster or log out” sums up GW1 PvP/alliance battles/JQ/FA.

(If you have no idea what in referring to, look up GW1 hexes and blind spams shutting down direct damage builds, permanently.)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The idea of throwing everyone into 3 fractions is not a good longer term idea. I like the current server set up of WvW. That said, for the next league, I would like to see 24 balanced servers. Let people sign up for any server they want, but all have the same pop cap. That would be a lot more fun and balanced.