What if NA & EU servers can fight in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I’m from NA T1 and been so for more than a year, its the same 3 servers every week, ok so SOR went from Tier1 to T8 and TC got bumped to T1 but thats about the only change for a year.

Do you ever get tired of facing the same people, have you ever wondered how good those EU worlds are in wvw? You might say oooooo it will come down to which server has more coverage, this and that…..how about just to find out if there guilds/militia are better than yours, or how different they approach the game, or how there tactics differ from yours.

Nothing new came out of wvw since EOTM came out last february, o ok maybe some may count the WvW seasons too, but thats about it.

Just the thought of NA servers fighting EU servers for a change would be fun…..I know PEAK hours for those servers will be different but if they really wanted to fight each other they will show up, even in just on weekends or on their day offs.

Imagine WVW Season 4, Gold League = top 3 NA servers and top 3 EU servers fighting for who is the best (cough cough PPT~hopefully not) wvw server(hopefully fights and not just coverage) in the whole game, i don’t know about you but that gets me excited just the thought of it, well i thought about it about a half a year ago, I’M SURE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN FOR VARIOUS REASONS but one can wish.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

There would be a lot of PvD from both sides.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

There are unfortunately server issues. Same reason we can’t play MegaServer between EU/NA.

There are some interesting possibilities with playing together with NA/EU servers, and one option often mentioned is teaming up 2 servers, one from each region in an alliance system per match-up. That could really help a lot of servers coverage. Wish that was possible.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

J envy.5270

yeh i thought that there would be various reasons that it wouldnt work, but just the idea of it happening is too much to pass off. When there is a WILL, there is a WAY.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The lag would be ungodly.
There no real way of doing it its just a limitation of our tech. level the more spaces apart things the more lag.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I main on JQ but have a 2nd account I play on during EU time on SFR. Lag is rarely a problem and even then its only noticeable for a split second and 9 times out of 10 wont affect your play.

The problem with EU vs NA matchups is that in many ways NA has a huge advantage over EU, especially for T1 servers. Reset can’t happen during EUs normal time because NA is all at work and it can’t happen at NAs normal time because EU is all asleep. Splitting the difference cuts off a lot of EU prime time and leaves all of NA prime time. In a lot of the matchups you would have EU steam roll through their prime time, but that would be followed up by NAs primetime which would steamroll EU servers and the NA servers would tick high for extra time since theres such a huge gap between when NA ends and EU time begins and that doesn’t even account for the fact that there are many more OCX/SEA players on NA servers that would just pvdoor to victory.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yea network lag isn’t much of a problem but ever since the Winterday patches something weird has been going on. I get really bad server lag and disconnects, like 25sec of no response from the server all the while 180ms avg ping time.

But yea NA T1-3 servers are nothing like EU T1-3 servers. NA would win just by coverage alone.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Yea as mentioned the time differences would be a problem, but going by the EU guilds that I have fought against/alongside that transfered to NA, they are very good and if this was ever techically possible would make for great fights thats for sure. Heck remember what happened when IRON transfered to SoR lol, good times while it lasted.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Argos Helios.4965

Argos Helios.4965

Yea network lag isn’t much of a problem but ever since the Winterday patches something weird has been going on. I get really bad server lag and disconnects, like 25sec of no response from the server all the while 180ms avg ping time.

But yea NA T1-3 servers are nothing like EU T1-3 servers. NA would win just by coverage alone.

This. I have this exact same problem, really weird lag since wintersday patches. IOJ server, Melbourne, Australia. Its driving me nuts.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

This. I have this exact same problem, really weird lag since wintersday patches. IOJ server, Melbourne, Australia. Its driving me nuts.

Post about this in the Tech Support forum because Anet thinks the issue is solely related to some bad routing in EU and not their game. I mean the EU players are indeed experiencing some bad routing but on top of it there’s definitely some game issue related to the latest patches.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

The Euros would surrender to each other then NA would come in and pwn everything,

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

The lag would be ungodly.
There no real way of doing it its just a limitation of our tech. level the more spaces apart things the more lag.

go away

was another thread about EUvsUSvsCH, the entire tread was omg lag. You guys have no idea of concepts or imagination. Let me help you, ignore lag issues and pvd and imagine a battle of 100EUvs100USvs100CH or eu meta vs us meta vs ch meta, what ever “meta” means. Better?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Delcat.1245

Delcat.1245

The Euros would surrender to each other then NA would come in and pwn everything,

I think you need to go back to school and re-take history ,
Don’t believe everything Hollywood tells you ,

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

I would love the opportunity to fight NA blobs openfield :>

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

EU would win that without any problem.. NA just can’t be motivated if there is no oil to be fought for..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Keep mentioning the pot of oil, they might invade!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

J envy.5270

EU would win that without any problem.. NA just can’t be motivated if there is no oil to be fought for..

Idk about that, i dont say NA will win either, because i really don’t know, but whats more important is the possibility that it happens, and if it does, wvw would be more fun, its been stale for a year.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

well if you look at leaderboard points by world. seems to me like EU worlds wouldn’t even qualify for NA T1….so who is lazy now?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been on NA and EU, currently on EU.. I’m sorry but NA would very likely get rekt. It’d be nice to face more servers and an exciting change but the level of skill is significantly higher on EU both in roaming and zerging. And I’ve only been on EU about 5 months versus the year + I was on NA.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I’m also of the opinion that NA would get utterly REKT.

because the attitude of players on EU is so much more oriented around combat and not slinking around trying to find an abandoned wall to cata.

in WvW

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Seeing as they wouldn’t really fight each other the who’s better argument means very little. On the up side it would cover a few time gaps and make for some serious server matchups.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Post about this in the Tech Support forum because Anet thinks the issue is solely related to some bad routing in EU and not their game. I mean the EU players are indeed experiencing some bad routing but on top of it there’s definitely some game issue related to the latest patches.

ANet’s response re: lag and d/c’s is one step above “reboot three times in a row” and “vacuum your computer to remove dust”.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

There you go Anet, another idea to test out. NA vs EU servers!

And this time we actually have asked for it! So I guess you wont do it :/

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Well, if we gonna talk this anyway.

Why not make T1 winners face each other? NA vs EU vs CH

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Well, if we gonna talk this anyway.

Why not make T1 winners face each other? NA vs EU vs CH

Oh why not host it on twitch like they seem to do every week for those spvp matches noone really care about!

WvW is what you should be pushing Anet!

Those spvp streams get like 2-3 thousand viewers, I bet somethign like the above will get a tonne more all through the week!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

NA cant pwn anything without allies.

in WvW

oneply.9586

honestly i think there is more room for a MMORPG to make it in the esports world with a WvW style game play than the sPvP gameplay.
WvW is far more interesting and easier to follow. but they would have to redo/make a map specifically for it. and they would have to make limitations on who would be allowed to rep their world.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

well if you look at leaderboard points by world. seems to me like EU worlds wouldn’t even qualify for NA T1

True. NA got guilds for all timeslots (NA, EU, OCX etc..) while EU T1 almost only have EU guilds so most EU T1 probably couldn’t contend with top tier NA, on coverage alone. Only exception might be SFR.

That said I think T2/3/4 might be very interesting with alot of servers fighting for top spots: YB, DB, FA, SoS, Deso, JS, FSP, Kodash and Gandara would probably all be contenders for those spots and lower tiers might be interesting too but as said upthread NA does have a huge advantage since their primetime comes right after EU prime.

Underworld – [ZERK]

(edited by Kungsmurfen.2861)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

True. NA got guilds for all timeslots (NA, EU, OCX etc..) while EU T1 almost only have EU guilds so most EU T1 probably couldn’t contend with top tier NA, on coverage alone. Only exception might be SFR.

In theory, yes, the reality looks differently. I have been on a bronze/silver tier server for the past few months – they were really bad (sorry but it’s true “What?! There are no white swords anymore? Did we ever have white swords?”) but they ranked up by doing early morning karma trains, which would be NA prime. And on top of that they’re a German server, so no guilds from NA around – only one time zone.

in WvW

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Top EU gvg team comes to NA to show us how its done, gets rekt, /gdisbands soon after.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Top EU gvg team comes to NA to show us how its done, gets rekt, /gdisbands soon after.

GvG guilds are somewhat irrelevant to a discussion about servers…. and the TA players had 200+ms of ping in those GvGs and you can see them rubberbanding in the videos, much like how EP had similar ping levels when they went to EU. When NA went to EU they got rekt, when EU came to NA, they got rekt.

and the top .01% of american players DO NOT represent the majority of people in WvW

just sayin…

in WvW

oneply.9586

GvG guilds are somewhat irrelevant to a discussion about servers…. and the TA players had 200+ms of ping in those GvGs and you can see them rubberbanding in the videos, much like how EP had similar ping levels when they went to EU. When NA went to EU they got rekt, when EU came to NA, they got rekt.

and the top .01% of american players DO NOT represent the majority of people in WvW

just sayin…

its all theoretical when ping is involved.
i still like what was being discussed in another thread of a regional tournament to qualify for the international finals.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Eu-vs-Na-vs-Ch/first#post4662333

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I remember RG visits to NA, and remember NA zergs being nonstop farm for them, and remember that no NA guild was able to beat them in GvG. Overall EU wvw skill is way higher than NA.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

I played on EU and the ping wasn’t so bad, now and then you rubberband but other than that its ok. SFR running blobs on all 4 maps 24 hours a day tho.. is that still happening?

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Making all servers global might even remove the nightcapping problem, but it would obviously introduce some latency issues.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

J envy.5270

wvw isnt all about gvg, gotta take into consideration server blobs, PPT guilds, and coverage servers, but overall really i jsut want to see them NA & EU fight it out and see the results.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05