What if for one match, condis had no damage?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I am not advocating removing condi from the game, but I would be interested to play a week without damaging condi just to see what WvW would be like.

What do you think it would be like?

Would radically altering other elements of WvW for a match be a fun thing or too disruptive?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

You can already do that. It’s called Resistance spam.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Only if for the next match power does no damage.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Yo’ll have ton of immortal berserkers using “Rousing Resilience”.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I would try it but I don’t think it is functionally possible to completely eliminate direct damage as that is a trigger. Would be an interesting match if everyone had a permanent 80% direct damage reduction though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I would try it but I don’t think it is functionally possible to completely eliminate direct damage as that is a trigger. Would be an interesting match if everyone had a permanent 80% direct damage reduction though.

It’s technically possible, they could just give everyone the effects of the Rangers Signet of Stone for the week, no power damage but still able to be stunned and take condition damage.

I’m against both ideas either way, gimmicks like this could only serve as an annoyance for one portion of the WvW playerbase. I’d much rather they spent their time fixing and updating the game mode and making an actual attempt at class and damage balances.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I’m against both ideas either way, gimmicks like this could only serve as an annoyance for one portion of the WvW playerbase. I’d much rather they spent their time fixing and updating the game mode and making an actual attempt at class and damage balances.

The concept is about mixing up the status quo… a change of pace that wouldn’t require a large developer effort. Something different for fun and to learn more about the actual effect of various systems on players enjoyment.

My point is they should try more radical changes even if it is in a Test environment. Turn off the downed system for a week, remove points for capping T1 structures, cut the range of all skills by a 3rd, etc.

or… we can keep seeing tiny incremental changes to the hardly ever changing environment like we have for years.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Have fun
https://youtu.be/zDoYzm4Unlk?t=20s

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Sounds forced and it’s a great way to kill off player population for the duration of this experiment. They’ve tried gimmicks like these before, remember the golem event? Yeah what a mess it was, it literally broke WvW for a whole week and activities died down drastically after people tried it for a day or two.

Forced universal changes that affect player’s enjoyment of a game mode isn’t going to do any good. What they need more of is short term events and tournaments that have to do with goals and achievements. Not gimmicks that just end up ticking off a large portion of the player population.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Golem week wouldn’t have been too bad if the bugs/exploits weren’t present, or fixed on the first couple hours or even first day it was done. But you know anet, last minute friday release, left to itself for the weekend, by monday it was a clusterf and no dev replied for the entire week. It was turned off and left to be swept under the rug. I mean we even had maguuma players enjoying the exploits and bragging about it on the forums and nothing was done. /shrug

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Straegen.2938

They’ve tried gimmicks like these before, remember the golem event? Yeah what a mess it was, it literally broke WvW for a whole week and activities died down drastically after people tried it for a day or two.

I remember the Golem Event bringing in a lot of players and being fun for the weekend. The PvD did get a bit old as the week went along. Having events like these run a shorter course would make sense. So rather than a week, maybe a weekend.

The current mode of big development changes that take too long and often arrive DOA along with small incremental changes is grinding away at the population.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’d rather have a week with no non-damaging condis. Or better yet a week with no CC whatsoever. Man that would be awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

1 week of siege damage only, please. The salt will be glorious.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Funny enough that was the golem week more or less.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Funny enough that was the golem week more or less.

Nah… Players could still damage each other… I mean literal 0 damage player to player. Only siege being able to deal damage.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

/sign. Getting tired of those condi spamming clowns. No brain builds. Just stack conditions and watch them melt. Wonder what the kitten they thought at the office coming up with them in first place.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.