What if we removed arrowcarts for a week?

in WvW

Posted by: Reign.2753

Reign.2753

Lots of the recent polls for improving the game mode have revolved around adding things e.g. hammers and cannons to the game. What if we tried removing some siege in an attempt to drive more personal interaction? The game mode centers on group combat around capture points and, as far as i can tell, towers bristling with arrowcarts promote a bunker mentality, slow the pace of the game and deter group fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Alternatively, if you take away more of the defensive tools, no one would want to bother defending an objective and would just go do something else, like hit an empty keep on the other side of the map, so more PvD and less PvP if that were the case.

in WvW

Posted by: Xujir.4067

Xujir.4067

That’s a great idea. There’s still plenty of advantages given to defenders in a siege, without the need for arrow carts. This would help promote learning to use your character’s abilities more, instead of being able to sit back and rely on an arrow cart to drive attackers away.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Well there is always spvp for all your no seige pvp gameplay right?

Move out of red circles maybe?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Could just try toning down the damage as a trial. Revert it to the way it was before the boost.

I’d like to see a week without Superior Siege as well. Imo Superior Siege is what caused all the trouble. Never should’ve been implemented.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

For some reason I feel this would promote more ktraining than anything else. One of the most rewarding types of fights, is taking a t3 objective that is heavily sieged defended by equal numbers (who poke out and in), followed by a battle inside. Once you cap it, it feels good.

I don’t see this promoting players to jump down and hit others, rather just standing and watching until they have equal numbers, which often they may not… and objectives would be more like paper, more susceptible to ktraining.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

why dont we just remove the gates too?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

That would be a reasonable change we could couple with the removal of ACs.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

remember that day or two when the only siege you could build was rams and alpha golems? that was fun

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

We need more reason (rewards) to defend, not less. If AC’s were removed you may as well just get in queue behind the other k-trainer like in EotM.

Server pride would soon go out the window; if there is still any left that is, and WvWvW would become as much a joke as golem week was.

My vote would be “No thanks” even if only for a week.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I have a feeling that a poll to remove acs would fail miserably.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Lots of the recent polls for improving the game mode have revolved around adding things e.g. hammers and cannons to the game. What if we tried removing some siege in an attempt to drive more personal interaction? The game mode centers on group combat around capture points and, as far as i can tell, towers bristling with arrowcarts promote a bunker mentality, slow the pace of the game and deter group fights.

And what happens when a group of 30 decides to take the tower with only 5 defenders around? suicide throw our bodies off the wall into the catapults? or maybe they could start spawning rocks on the ground for us to pick up, I would so stack a pile of rocks on the walls to throw at the catapults.

More often than not, siege used by the defensive side is because they have less numbers. Ac’s are used more defensively because in some areas it’s very difficult to setup siege to counter siege. So if you want to pull the one defense siege to do that you’ll need to pull catapults that can be placed on hidey walls out too.

If an opposing force wants to pull players out for a fight, all they need to do is build long range siege, eventually a wall will go down or the defenders will come out. There’s also more than one way into every structure.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Well there is always spvp for all your no seige pvp gameplay right?

Move out of red circles maybe?

sPvP in GW2 is atm one of the worst sPvP in all of Gaming. I wouldn’t wish it apond my worst enemy. So unless he does like I do, and play a actually sPvP game instead of the kitten show that is now GW2’s sPvP, that would more then likely not be a viable option for him. Unless he is like most of the other near brain dead GW2 sPvP community that just wants free “Make me feel good wins, for being able to just faceroll keyboard to win.”

Lol what a sad thought of what GW2 has become. What started out as one of greatest success stories in gaming history, is slowly turning into the grand joke of the [Whole Gaming Community]. Literally they had success in a bottle just to squander it for a quick short term buck instead of long term planing and development of even more success, and wealth. But so is the case in any story of ’greed", it can corrupt even the most purest of atoms into the most disgusting applications of force.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

That’s actualy a verry good ideea
Any decent scout would be able to give reports in time before enemy arrive at the objective , and you need over 30 seconds to kill the lord.
The terrain advantage is more than enough for defenders and close respawn
They need to fight if they want to defend not afk behind a dor

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Only the attackers ever use them anyway. Replace them with another wall.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

While I think it could be fun to try a week with no AC, I’d be more in favor of rethinking/redesigning them.

If AC’s did 0 damage, thus it for one thing can’t damage siege. But applies various conditions or other pests with the shots instead, to create a zone people don’t want to stand in for too long.

1. could be a basic bleed
  2. the current cripple, perhaps with poison to counter healing/rez
  3. make a own “Slow” that slows down siege skills

If balanced right, it would be a great tool to slow down, or create zones enemies doesn’t want to stand in too long, and to support and assist your own guys fighting them. But won’t let you kill enemies by itself (unless they stand in red circle with multiple bleed stacks).

The AC just feels a bit like the odd siege that seems to miss an actual design. Oh and also Ram’s, forgot the last time I’ve seen rams, it is much easier and just as fast to cata walls instead.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Any decent scout would be able to give reports in time before enemy arrive at the objective , and you need over 30 seconds to kill the lord.

That basically turns everything into a camp, not sure how’s that a good idea other than wanting to k-train all the time.

Attackers always have the advantage when attacking structures, until they’re spotted by scouts that bother to report, and if that doesn’t happen then it’s up to the walls and gates to hold that force until defenders can be rallied to counter.

Also this would make thieves an even bigger pain being able to walk wherever and gank whomever they want, take out whatever seige they want. There wouldn’t be any point to scout, siege, or defend, might as well just let them have it and backcap everything.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Oh and also Ram’s, forgot the last time I’ve seen rams, it is much easier and just as fast to cata walls instead.

I still use rams on paper gates. But in anything upgraded it’s not worth it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

That basically turns everything into a camp, not sure how’s that a good idea other than wanting to k-train all the time.

Attackers always have the advantage when attacking structures, until they’re spotted by scouts that bother to report, and if that doesn’t happen then it’s up to the walls and gates to hold that force until defenders can be rallied to counter.

Also this would make thieves an even bigger pain being able to walk wherever and gank whomever they want, take out whatever seige they want. There wouldn’t be any point to scout, siege, or defend, might as well just let them have it and backcap everything.

Pssstt Sarcasm.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

Pssstt Sarcasm.

Dude.. you know it’s hard to tell if that’s sarcasm with some of the wacky ideas that come out on these boards… and it has been seriously suggested before…
:)

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Alternatively, if you take away more of the defensive tools, no one would want to bother defending an objective and would just go do something else, like hit an empty keep on the other side of the map, so more PvD and less PvP if that were the case.

No one bothering to defend logic would mean that all 3 sides and all their zergs are in on the idea and that no one want to fight.

So what exactly are you arguing? Everyone would do what they want. Everyone would be happy with that.

It takes just one group on one side that will go where the enemy players is to make the argument irrelevant. Especially if they dont bother defending. So much more time to find and engage the enemy open field. If they happen to be inside one of your objectives, well thats an unfortunate sideeffect.