What, in my opinion, is wrong with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

Some things in this thread will be obvious, some things will be my personal opinion only. Nevertheless I think that most of you will agree to the key parts of what I’m going to state now.

I. The current smallscale meta:
The only thing you see when roaming are thieves, stunlock warriors and mesmers. While it’s not only that they have great survivability and damage output, they also keep running away when going below 25% hitpoints. Without being one of them yourself, chasing them is near impossible. Thieves and mesmers will hide/port away, warriors will charge away with GS. All of ’em will remove snaring conditions as soon as they pop up, so running after them is near impossible. Balancing classes according to sPvP brought this into the game, introducing ruins got them to WvW.

II. Skilllags are ridiculous:
Even before the season startet, skilllags were a huge matter that shouldn’t have been ignored. Large fights of 3 factions were absolutely useless as noone was able to use skills at all. The recent season start brought new achievements and thus a huge lot of (new) players to play WvW. How comes that noone from ANet said “Stop the season, it will make things worse”? Didn’t you think of the fact that you basicly ruined your complete end game playstyle? Right now, even 2way 30vs30 fights bring massive skilllags that make you want to move around every encounter you might get. It just makes no sense at all to even engage enemies with these huge skilllags.

III. The new map – are you kidding me?
While I completely understand that a coming release in China will make the queue situation worse, I completely disagree with a new map solving your problems. What will this new map lead to? First of all, it has been anounced to be a fantastic new map with a lot of opportunities for different playstyles in WvW. Why do you create such a “fantastic and awesome” new map only for the queues? It will result in players actually trying to join that map instead of EB or BLs, stealing needed manpower for the actual WvW maps. Besides that, don’t you think that creating more and more WvW maps for everyone in even more skilllags? Huge server lags will be incoming as soon as more players engage each other in even more WvW maps, making the current situation even worse. And – let’s be honest – I don’t think queues will be the biggest problems for the upcoming asian release. If the skilllag situation will stay the same, there won’t be enough players to make a new map necessary at all.

TL;DR: Don’t only play thief/warrior/mesmer when roaming. ANet fix skilllags and stop releasing “huge new maps” because queues aren’t the biggest problem WvW players encounter and those new releases make skilllags even worse (if that’s possible).

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in WvW

Posted by: Noerknhar.3826

Noerknhar.3826

100 view and no comments? Okay, I guess it’s a personal oppinion then… O_o

Enuerus Derune – Necromancer, Sylvari
[NO] ~ Ponys Will Never Die

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Of course new map solve problems. We can go there and just fight. www is most fun when you win or lose so much that it doesn’t matter if you lose keep or tower. Most of times good fights end because some third party make some coward attack somewhere.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

Sooo … here´s your comment, mate

I think nobody will negotiate your points (except maybe some parts of point III arround the new map), cause they are the painfull truth.

Imho the whole thing arround living story in W3 caused all the rumors here arround in the forums and ingame
If ANet didn´t implement LS in W3 by spamming AP für the season, there won´t be such anoying lag, there won´t be queues, bla bla … once more time LS is a beat for W3. I personally think LS isn´t a bad thing, but it was too often a badbeat for W3.

Tbh, ANet tried to get people in W3 and tried to give us alltime W3ers something new, which was a very good step, but the way went absolutely wrong, cause this takes all the AP-horny guys into W3 and now everybody can see, what happens – qq all arround, understandable qq

The season its self isn´t the prob, but how it got implemented (and the things arround the season – named above) was absolutely b*llkitten – sry for the explicit wording

Maybe it could be a good step for ANet to think, on the one hand a bit more globally about the outcome of their new game content and on the other hand a bit more specific about the „demands“ of the different 3 main game-contents (PvE, PvP and W3) and how this works all together.

It´s a matter of fact, that there are really allways rumors, if some content for a specific playstyle gets implemented, but to keep an eye on the global outcome is a must – but that would be paradise

Ot to OP: Greez to all the old friends on Miller

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

TL;DR: Don’t only play thief/warrior/mesmer when roaming.

People are going to play thief/warrior/mesmer as long as the other classes have less mobility/escapes. WvW is completely about mobility, the faster you are the less you die, the more slippery you are the less you die. It has nothing to do with damage or builds or flavor of the month or whatever.

If necro had as much mobility and/or escapes as those 3, then you’d be whining about necro right now (arguably the strongest class atm when you remove mobility from the equation). All of a necro’s mobility is either going to put him in combat or take up a utility slot, when the objective is to break combat it’s pretty counter intuitive.

I have a guardian as well, but ANet thought it was a good idea to remove almost every mob in the southern area of the BLs. So all of my mobility (teleports) is negated. EB has the same problem which is why I really do not like playing guardian there. If I engage in a fight with guardian, I either die or I win. If the enemy gets an extra ally while I’m fighting him, I’m going to have no way to respond to this. Especially when downed is taken into consideration, if similar skill level, I should have 0% chance to win that fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I. The current smallscale meta:
The only thing you see when roaming are thieves, stunlock warriors and mesmers. While it’s not only that they have great survivability and damage output, they also keep running away when going below 25% hitpoints. Without being one of them yourself, chasing them is near impossible. Thieves and mesmers will hide/port away, warriors will charge away with GS. All of ’em will remove snaring conditions as soon as they pop up, so running after them is near impossible. Balancing classes according to sPvP brought this into the game, introducing ruins got them to WvW.

The “smallscale” meta would be roamers. And as it turns out, escaping and survivability are big things in roaming. You can’t really blame the roamers running builds which are effective for roaming.

Then again I do plenty of roaming myself and I run a Sword/Shield + LB power Warrior.

III. The new map – are you kidding me?
While I completely understand that a coming release in China will make the queue situation worse, I completely disagree with a new map solving your problems. What will this new map lead to? First of all, it has been anounced to be a fantastic new map with a lot of opportunities for different playstyles in WvW. Why do you create such a “fantastic and awesome” new map only for the queues? It will result in players actually trying to join that map instead of EB or BLs, stealing needed manpower for the actual WvW maps. Besides that, don’t you think that creating more and more WvW maps for everyone in even more skilllags? Huge server lags will be incoming as soon as more players engage each other in even more WvW maps, making the current situation even worse. And – let’s be honest – I don’t think queues will be the biggest problems for the upcoming asian release. If the skilllag situation will stay the same, there won’t be enough players to make a new map necessary at all.

It was clarified by the devs that the new map is always accessible. The map is just different from the others in that if it happens to hit the player cap, an overflow of the same map is created.

Honestly, from the sound of it, the new map is going to be a place where you would mostly go when in queue for one of the primary 4 maps. After all, they did say that there’s no points in the new map.