What is a Mistforged Hero's Weapon?

in WvW

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

Q:

Maybe my google is especially weak today, but what is a Mistforged Hero’s Weapon? I imagine it’s an ascended weapon with a unique skin, and that the Hero’s Weapon is the exotic version of it?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

That seems logical.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

I would guess that the bow is a hero’s weapon, and the staff is a mistforged hero’s weapon, because I don’t recognize the skins, and the staff seems to have some sort of mist effect. Though that’s just speculation. I doubt they’re ascended, they would never give us ascended weapons that easily.

in WvW

Posted by: Meix.3710

Meix.3710

Based on this: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=33966

The Hero’s weapons will be rare quality weapons while the Mistforged variants will be exotic.

So.. no easy ascended weapon :P But we get new weapons!

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think its new weapon skins unique to WvW.

I don’t think its ascended. You are only allowed to get ascended weapons/armour via crafting/grinding your kitten off, no other way…don’t bother telling me they drop cause I know your lieing…

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

The Hero’s weapons will be rare quality weapons while the Mistforged variants will be exotic.

This is 2 months of equivalent living story. We see that the LA attack series was shorter, and you can make an ascended back piece at the end with some other materials. I see no reason why Hero’s couldn’t have been exotic and Mistforged couldn’t have been ascended, or at the least have some similar promotion scheme to the LA attack LS.

That said, I really like that at least we have options to avoid spending 2 months of meta on an exotic, and instead get something else.

(edited by ShiningMassXAcc.4735)

in WvW

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

so basically a cash grab for transmutation stones. wtf. don’t they realize that anything less than BiS is just salvage/vendor trash?

actually it almost seems like that article might be incorrect. why would an exotic weapon cost 50% more than an ascended accessory?

Could we get a dev confirmation?

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

why would an exotic weapon cost 50% more than an ascended accessory?

For the unique skin.

Cosmetic skins are how you are rewarded in GW2 and viewed as tier 1 loot.

Of course it will depend on how the majority of GW2 players view the skins appearance. Also remember each weapon type will have a unique WvW mistform forged skin I believe.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ooophhh… exotic for the best weapon… ANet just doesn’t seem to get loot mechanics.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Rare and Exotic, really? You could spend considerably less time than two months in PvE and obtain a full Ascended set.

Is this supposed to motivate me to play WvW again? It really isn’t. Best review those costs or stat tiers, ArenaNet.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

For the unique skin.

Of course it will depend on how the majority of GW2 players view the skins appearance. Also remember each weapon type will have a unique WvW mistform forged skin I believe.

Cosmetic skins as T1 loot went out the window when Ascended was stupidly added. Now it goes Precursor > Ascended > Cool skin > Exotic = Rare mat > Bad skin >everything else.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

For the unique skin.

Cosmetic skins as T1 loot went out the window when Ascended was stupidly added. Now it goes Precursor > Ascended > Cool skin > Exotic = Rare mat > Bad skin >everything else.

Ghastly Grinning Shield and Mjolnir would like a word with you.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

What if you have a cool skin + Ascended? Such as an Ascended Fused Short Bow of Fire?

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

What makes me sad is that if you’re ranked 6th-9th of your group, you don’t even get enough tickets for one weapon. You have to wait for the NEXT tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

When looking at the cost if things something struck me.

Mistforged Weapon costs 300 tickets.
Hero weapon costs 100 tickets.

Hero weapon can be upgraded with Gift of Heroes at a 200 tickets and 250 badges if you save your tickets between seasons you can upgrade it next time

Mistforged Hero weapon cost = 300 tickets
Upgraded hero to mistforged cost = 300 tickets plus 250 Badges.

Seriously?? Why would ANYONE, if they are having to save up the same tickets.. get the regular Hero weapon? The skin is the same except the mistforge has another layer of effects.

As a item value of Rare vs Exotic… its better to save for buying the Mistforged
As an skin value of basic vs extra effect skin… its better to save for buying the Mistforged.

Hopefully the article is wrong… otherwise Anet REALLY has no clue how to itemize these things.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

This is 2 months of equivalent living story. We see that the LA attack series was shorter, and you can make an ascended back piece at the end with some other materials. I see no reason why Hero’s couldn’t have been exotic and Mistforged couldn’t have been ascended, or at the least have some similar promotion scheme to the LA attack LS.

That said, I really like that at least we have options to avoid spending 2 months of meta on an exotic, and instead get something else.

The reason is that you dont get ascended backpack out of nothing you have to spend considerable ammount of gold/materials and have 500 lvl of armorcrafting. If Arena would go the same way with the weapons it would take you hundreds of gold to get it anyway.

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

The reason is that you dont get ascended backpack out of nothing you have to spend considerable ammount of gold/materials and have 500 lvl of armorcrafting. If Arena would go the same way with the weapons it would take you hundreds of gold to get it anyway.

or at the least have some similar promotion scheme to the LA attack LS.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I dont care if they add an ingame drop rate to the tickets. I will make 30-40k kills under the event

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+