What is happening with 'Folding'?

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Q:

I started to write a reply to a thread and realised that I’ve done it a number of times on a number of similar threads.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/The-Self-Balancing-System/first#post327649

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/How-to-combat-folding-in-WvWvW-Constructive/first#post337466

In any event I guess I realised that I was just wanting an official response from ArenaNet with regards to the issue of 1 server dominating 2 others. It’s obvious most people’s servers are not balancing.

Perhaps my post is coming to early. Should we wait till free transfers have stopped?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Skettler.6379

Skettler.6379

I would also like this to be answered.

Its quite evident that some servers have a surplus of players, when others have none. What is the point of even playing when We fluctuate between t2 and t3?

One week we stomp the servers below, the next week we get our omnomnom berries fed to us through a straw.

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

Not sure I understand what you’re asking. Do you want Anet to do something about players folding the minute one team gets a slight advantage? What are they gonna do, send them a pair of balls in the mail?

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Daish.6139

Daish.6139

there are 4 WvW maps for each server

folding = immaginary unless your on a very low population time of playing and you have no full servers

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

folding = immaginary unless your on a very low population time of playing and you have no full servers

Um, no. Folding happens all the time. At least in the t2 matchups. Every week its the same thing, first day or so everything is really close, then one side pulls ahead slightly and the other two servers (mostly) give up and go do something else.

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Not sure I understand what you’re asking. Do you want Anet to do something about players folding the minute one team gets a slight advantage? What are they gonna do, send them a pair of balls in the mail?

While your ‘jib’ is slightly amusing in the way it pokes fun at people’s masculinity it does ignore the numerous threads and possible legitimate solutions to ‘Folding’.

Getting back to the thread. I’m actually ok if ArenaNet says there is no ‘Folding’ issue. Then I shall wait for ArenaNet to move to 2 week match ups (which is what has always been intended) and watch the communities response then.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Asilion.9213

Asilion.9213

Precisely what needs to happen.

Picture this: you’re an olympic athlete, you’ve trained for years sacrificing any semblance of normal life to excel at one thing, and that is running the 1,000 meter race faster than anyone else. You’re at the starting line, the gun fires, you get off to a good start. Your competition wants this just as bad and trained just as hard as you. You are neck and neck. If this were a scrim you’d be dozens of meters in the lead by now, but these are the big dogs, and you’re not in your little pond. Someone pulls ahead of you by several paces. You push yourself harder than you ever have before, even during your record times. You push yourself because if you don’t, you will lose.

First the cramps set in, because your body – trained as it may be, hasn’t been asked to go beyond its limits in training. You ignore those, they can’t stop you. Then your lungs burn for air you can’t suck down fast enough, so you hold your breathe – this won’t take long. Then your muscles scream. Your bones bruise. Still your competition effortlessly pulls ahead even further. You madly will your body to fly, which it cannot do, and the strain causes your left testicle to burst.

You fight through the pain for the win, but one after another competitor glides on by like this a jog through the park for them. You’re beaten, you’re broken, you’re done… and there’s still 800 meters to go.

If you don’t get a new pair of balls, you won’t win despite having done your best. Your best wasn’t good enough. Time to call out the stretcher.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

“folding” happens every week in WVW – just have a look at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA every week.

It happens because present WVW mechanics heavily favour the already winning side, plenty of other threads have more detail.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Um, no. Folding happens all the time. At least in the t2 matchups. Every week its the same thing, first day or so everything is really close, then one side pulls ahead slightly and the other two servers (mostly) give up and go do something else.

Then I’d say that’s the fault of the community on those 2 servers for giving up once another server has gained a slight lead. Maybe it’s a server with more casual players for WvW and less competitive.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu