What is the purpose of Maguuma?

in WvW

Posted by: Kappell.1923

Kappell.1923

What is Maguuma’s goal in making this kind of ridiculous game? In all WvW time I have never seen this kind of low level atitutu, this is certain that capturing the castle is part of the game, plus doing respawn kill, that is too much. Any acceptable explanation for this kind of attitude?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

matchup thread, please close.

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

reported and deported #magswag

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

inc manual glicko adjustment

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: CommonSense.4697

CommonSense.4697

It’s an easy game, Either A) get good and stop sucking or quit, either way crying on the forums accomplishes nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Kappell.1923

Kappell.1923

It’s an easy game, Either A) get good and stop sucking or quit, either way crying on the forums accomplishes nothing

Now to ask a simple question so that you can understand what is going on in your head is to cry? Crying is asking to stop doing. Which I’m not asking.

in WvW

CommonSense.4697

Now to ask a simple question so that you can understand what is going on in your head is to cry? Crying is asking to stop doing. Which I’m not asking.

Get good or get dominated

in WvW

Posted by: jason.9548

jason.9548

Bg next. Get ready bg eu

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

What is Maguuma’s goal in making this kind of ridiculous game? In all WvW time I have never seen this kind of low level atitutu, this is certain that capturing the castle is part of the game, plus doing respawn kill, that is too much. Any acceptable explanation for this kind of attitude?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

CommonSense.4697

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Viking stuff

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Viking stuff

Conan stuff

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ignoring the server name/ matchup thread issue,

People have been playing wvw the ppt way for over 4 years, it’s not too surprising when groups/guilds/servers have found different play styles there. That’s the beauty of wvw, it can be played quite abstract. Make your own rules, your own game within the confines of wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

In general, WvW is a Player vs Player game mode with a larger scale environmental aspect. One of the great things about WvW is that there are 4 maps and EOTM that you can go to. If you’re getting spawn camped, there are also at least 2 exits to each spawn, and if that does not work, you can go to a different map.

The other fun thing is that there are tons of maps where PvP doesn’t exist in PvE land. Pick your poison, but don’t get so upset about getting killed in a PvP game mode.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

BG our lord and saviors will stop them <3

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

CommonSense.4697

BG our lord and saviors will stop them <3

Probably not, they dont have the eye of the tiger like mag does.

in WvW

Posted by: Foshan.8104

Foshan.8104

Our purpose is to farm bags. We show mercy and kindness by giving you 1 bag for every 100 we get

[EVIL] Supervillains
Maguuma
Full Zerk Ranger Main

in WvW

Posted by: Novahh.7426

Novahh.7426

Eh dont worry, just like any other bandwagon they all die off jajaja

Guild Leader of The Legacy [OBEY]
Guardian – Legends Never [DIE]
Fort Aspenwood, WvW Rank: 2,675

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Core Mag likes to kill players… everything else is irrelevant.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I find it funny you complain about Mag. All they have is numbers. They outnumbered us last night and even spawn camped us (or at least tried lol). They are so squishy that 5 go down when I jump in with wings of resolve lol. It is all about how you fight them too. They had 3 decent size groups split off from their main zerg. We took out two of the groups with like 20-30 peeps. Then YB pushed from behind and we wiped. So as you can see without their numbers they really do suck!

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Another matchup thread……. also all this " this server sucks because we won 1 fight", I beat up 6 FA in a 1 vs 6 and won a 1 vs 5 against a yaks bend guild group, I guess that makes both those servers complete trash? There are good players on each server and bad players, get over yourselves already.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

I find it funny you complain about Mag. All they have is numbers. They outnumbered us last night and even spawn camped us (or at least tried lol). They are so squishy that 5 go down when I jump in with wings of resolve lol. It is all about how you fight them too. They had 3 decent size groups split off from their main zerg. We took out two of the groups with like 20-30 peeps. Then YB pushed from behind and we wiped. So as you can see without their numbers they really do suck!

I distinctly remember Mag attacking the keep while FA (or maybe it was certain guilds, don’t want to blame the whole server) camped the spawn point and wouldn’t left YB back in the keep. I wouldn’t expect much love from YB after that. At that point it felt like a double team. But again, it may just have been a few select guilds helping Mag out.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This………. plus kdr, nothing else matters.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I believe Maguuma World is the main exporter of Salt to the rest of the Mist. They do have a reputation for being slightly over-eager in delivering their services, but can you really fault someone for showing too much enthusiasm for their job? Think about all the poor Camp guards that would suffer from malnutrition if the Mist-chefs didn’t have enough salt?

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Mags spawn camps because they’re afraid of fighting you 1v1.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Is Mags still running full glass? That’s so 2012.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Hockey.2417

Hockey.2417

If all else fails…….maybe YB can DDoS anet……….seems they are squishy too

ya………ok

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Viking stuff

Conan stuff

Genghis Khan stuff

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Phizeke.9536

Phizeke.9536

We like killing siege junkies

[hS] Sir Phizeke
Started on Jade Quarry since Launch now on Maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: Hockey.2417

Hockey.2417

Viking stuff

Conan stuff

Genghis Khan stuff

Cthulhu stuff

ya………ok

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

If only you could kill server mates, new full time job amirite?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been on the majority of NA servers. Only 2 have ever been strongly focused on fights over score, at times ignoring capture and defence all together if there are good opportunities for fights.

Maguuma, (at least the veterans and players that came here for reasons other than because their giant bandwagon guild decided to move here cough, Kazo, hS, KILL, SoX, cough) cares only about large scale combat. Many of our tags focus on attacking objectives to pull the enemy out, not because we want to capture it for score.

Since YB literally avoids fighting if they can help it, I believe we decided that forcing them to fight by being right at their doorstep was our plan of action. There are absolutely players that care about PPT on our server but they’re in the minority. Most of us just want battles large and small scale but in the upper tiers, a lot of servers would rather hug their PPT to protect their place on the leader boards.

I’m not going to say that spawn camping is a nice thing to do but I will say that being aggressive is a part of the Maguuman personality. Either you push us to our own spawn or we’re going to do it to you.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Eh, it’s 2016 and people haven’t figured out there’s multiple exits? It’s not like games where they can just kill you as you literally respawn, lol.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

If only you could kill server mates, new full time job amirite?

That would be a Maguuma Gangsta’s Paradise.
Cue the music Coolio

“As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there’s nothin’ left
‘Cause I’ve been blasting and laughing so long,
That even my mama thinks that my mind is gone
But I ain’t never crossed a man that didn’t deserve it
Me be treated like a punk you know that’s unheard of
You better watch how you’re talking and where you’re walking
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk
I really hate to trip but I gotta loc
As they croak, I see myself in the pistol smoke, fool
I’m the kinda G the little homies wanna be like
On my knees in the night saying prayers in the streetlight

Been spending most their lives, living in the gangsta’s paradise
Keep spending most our lives, living in the gangsta’s paradise

Look at the situation they got me facin’
I can’t live a normal life, I was raised by the streets
So I gotta be down with the hood team
Too much television watching got me chasing dreams
I’m an educated fool with money on my mind
Got my 10 in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I’m a loc’d out gangsta set trippin’ banger
And my homies is down so don’t arouse my anger, fool
Death ain’t nothing but a heartbeat away,
I’m living life, do or die, what can I say
I’m 23 now, but will I live to see 24
The way things are going I don’t know

Tell me why are we so blind to see
That the ones we hurt are you and me

Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody’s running, but half of them ain’t looking
What’s going on in the kitchen, but I don’t know what’s cookin’
They say I gotta learn, but nobody’s here to teach me
If they can’t understand it, how can they reach me
I guess they can’t, I guess they won’t
I guess they front, that’s why I know my life is out of luck, fool

That the ones we hurt are you and me
That the ones we hurt are you and me"

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I think it’s pretty simple of an explanation. Some people are just kittens
You can close the thread now.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruinus.7519

Ruinus.7519

O’rly?

With all due respect, let me remind you of how bad your server sucks!

KDR:
MAG: 2.2
FA: .66
YB: .48

Who sucks again?

Maguuma [PA]

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

[Match-up threads are not permitted on the forums. This is now closed. Thank you]