What is the recommended starting lvl

in WvW

Posted by: tigersrule.5309

tigersrule.5309

for wvw?
thanks!

Life is like a mirror, you only get what you put in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

it’s really dependent on your class, but i’d say 30 so you can get your elite skill/all skill slots and a nice balance on traits

(edited by Syn.3459)

in WvW

Posted by: tigersrule.5309

tigersrule.5309

ok, cause im lvl like 8 for my character im doing right now, and it doesnt seem to me that a lvl 8 can go around and do a lot of xp gaining and what not in a world vs. lvl 80 players. lol

Life is like a mirror, you only get what you put in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

For me, I would say the absolute minimum would be 7 so you get weapon swapping…

But yeah 30 will get you all of your skills.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: Lunesta.3742

Lunesta.3742

Make sure you gear up at whatever level you decide to begin (including upgrade slots) and continue to do that every few levels. The multipliers to 80 are really very generous.

Librium – Elementalist – IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

I started at level 2 As long as your gear stays upgraded you should be fine. I agree that level 7 for weapon swapping would be a good idea too.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Remember, a level 2 carries the same amount of supply as a level 80. But yeah, 7’s a pretty good idea at least. Just be prepared to play in a group (which you should be doing 97% of the time anyway), and you’ll be fine.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Deboog.1847

Deboog.1847

It really depends on the class, and how much you are okay with being slightly weaker. As a Guardian, lvl 20 for my traited ground targeted consecrations was huge.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I started at lv 1 the gear is a real big change as you lv but i would say if there is a instant que take it. It means there are too few players there but don’t be a bad; follow the leadership in the area those are the guys trying to raise the servers rankings. Its sad when you see people PVEing in wvwvw.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Saga.1652

Saga.1652

To be honest, it depends on what bracket of WvW you are. If you’re in one of the top two tiers of servers, wait until you’re 80 to start. Most players there are already 80 and geared, which makes a HUGE difference.

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I jumped in after leaving the starting tutorial, and had a blast. Ignore all the muppets who say you have to be 80, its untrue, a level 2 running supplies and helping build seiges aswell as fighting is worth 10 level 80s who dont build or ress or other wise actually help out to win.