What is "the worst"?

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: void.6217

void.6217

What is the most unbalanced, obnoxiously buffed, notoriously hard to kill and in general annoying class and build?

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

Not a hard target to fight but just annoying is a perma-stealth condi trapper thief. Does crap damage but is such a pest when roaming.

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

back then, it was a Sceptre/Focus Diamond Skin Elementalist, in full Nomad with Toughness Sigils, omg! you cannot kill it 1v1, you need atleast 3.

Not sure now though, on the rework on the diamond skin trait…

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

There’s so many to choose from…perhaps the worst right at this moment is condi druids? They just have so many defensive options coupled with high condi damage and high pet damage. Or any DH, for the same reason.

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

That main thing that currently ruins WvW is:

Dragonhunter, Druid and Revenant ranged pressure. It’s just so so much damage and CC from so far. Perpetuates the ranged meta and makes melee fighting almost completely superfluous. It’s just so boring.

Gandara

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Mesmer. Pick your poison, condi PU cheese or power mantra PU cheese. Be sure to also take the OP Inspiration traitline if you want to be extra unkillable.

Annoying and incredibly hard to kill builds are there for Druid/Scrapper/Ele but nothing tops Mesmer.

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

My top 3:

Bunker Tempest. One of the most OP builds running. A skilled player basically requires 2+ equally skilled players to bring it down and even then it can usually make it to safety all while dishing out strong AoE and buffing everything around it.

Trapper Dragon Hunter. Sheer ease of play, trap spam and nearly impossible to melee against.

Gun Flame spam Warriors. The class isn’t OP, but Gun Flame is the most broke kitten skill in the game right now hands down. Any skill that can hit with non-channeled shots over 15k and nearly 20k, long range, dazes, pierces and is an AoE needs a strong nerf.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

to hit like that with gun flame your target needs to basically be full glass or close to it and the warrior also needs to be nearly full glass

1v1 that gun flame warrior is a pushover

I agree with the bunker tempest comment though, even an average bunker tempest will take 2 other players to kill usually, a really good bunker tempest can go on for a long time even against 4, though they will die eventually

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

DH traps particularly on a point such as when they attack/defend a lords room and there a couple of them spam dropping those traps. (WvW)

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

to hit like that with gun flame your target needs to basically be full glass or close to it and the warrior also needs to be nearly full glass

Warriors don’t need Precision to crit thanks to Burst Precision and Intelligence. I was running one yesterday that had 3k armor, 25k HP, 2900 power (before bloodlust), 225 crit magnitude. I was averaging around 12k which is thunderous considering I could spam the skill a few times, it pierced, dazed, hit multiple targets, landed from 1500 and always crits.

As for being a pushover in 1v1, that build certainly wasn’t. I dueled it about two dozen times and up close it was still very dangerous with decent escape. I was getting melted by condi which is something I am trying to figure out and once players got the hang of my timing it was a problem but in skirmish this thing was rocking and one shot hitting a lot of players.

I was getting hit with 15k+ Gun Flames with 2.5k armor… you don’t need to be full glass to get rocked by the skill. I think it’s damage is currently bugged.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

3k+ Power (zero bloodlust stacks for when I just enter the map) full ascended zerker with versatile & regular Mighty Infusions on my Gunflame warrior.

10k+ Gunflames on very heavy targets. 13k+ to maybe 15k+ Gunflames on medium targets. 17k+ Gunflames on other zerker/glassy light armor targets. 22k+ Gunflames on NPCs/sentries.

I one-shot and kill things a lot. And things kill me quickly, a lot. Because I too am running full glass with basically little to ZERO survivability.

If I switch out to Endure Pain & Berserker Stance skills you best have reflects, dodges, invuls, LoS terrain, blocks or stun-breaks ready… pray my skills are on CD or god help your soul if I manage to hit you.

EDIT: One of the most fun thrilling builds I like to play but also a 1 trick pony. Very very very easy to counter.

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I don’t know as far as specific builds but several things come to mind.

Damage-wise:

• Herald CoR with roiling mists + assassin’s presence + swift termination
  • Berserker Gun flame … the damage is over the top
  • DH true shot (to an extent , I haven’t seen any instagibs) … this could use a slight increase in activation time (apparently “charging up energy” only take 3/4 seconds , the same time as an auto), or make it require Heavy Light for piercing?

CC-wise:

• DH longbow 5 Hunter’s Ward … the amount of stability removed is over the top , to the point that this makes Ring of Warding / Line of Warding look like child’s play
  • DH Dragon’s Maw trap stacks (in chokes) … it’s not just a culling issue but also the fact that it strips an insane amount of stability
  • Chrono Gravity well … the number of times I’ve seen frontline with “stand your ground” melt to this (it’s even stronger with Power Block)… I’ve been on the chrono casting end but also on the receiving end

There’s quite a few annoying to fight setups (i.e. scrapper with stealth gyros + rapid regen + adaptive armor & protection injection, druids in general, condi reapers, daredevils with unhindered combatant, tanky tempest D/D builds with auras, clone spam scepter condi mesmers/chronos), but instagibs on light armor & CCs that rip more stacks of stability than can be applied by “stand your ground” are highlights for fights involving more than 10 people.

It seems with HoT the activation-recharge-mobility-defense balance was thrown out the window when you have 1200 range skills on heavy armor classes that cast in less than a second that do upwards of 10K damage on light armor, with low recharges <10 seconds. Before HoT, a higher damage skill like Rapid fire (single target unless traited) /Volley (changed to pierce…), barrage, or meteor shower required thinking "will it hit, should I cast this seeing how I will die if I cast a 2 activation time skill while 15 enemies are closing in, or will I need to wait for recharge because it’s interrupted?

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Ran into a Druid build yesterday that was nigh unkillable by two burst builds. Took four of us to drop them and they were dishing out a stable DPS as well. It was more bunker than a bunker Tempest with weaker DPS but still dangerous. I have seen this in PvP, but I guess it translates into WvW as well. Add that one to my list.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: StonePower.8321

StonePower.8321

Druid for unkillable and pretty op 1v1.
Condi Reaper is the thing that plagues wvw big and small scale, but at least it’s not that unkillable.

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Noob.5908

Noob.5908

Hands down it’s a thief way over powered and as usual when a game is on the decline every other toon is a thief. Why not perma stealth practically, helluva dmg and god at evading. Thief can kill any class.

What is "the worst"?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

It’s so nice to see that every profession and build is equally overpowered according to responses. The game seems to be in balance.