What is up with the HoD hate?

in WvW

Posted by: Darsin Callagher.5821

Darsin Callagher.5821

So i’m a native HoD player and i run in WvW quite a bit, to me it’s the only real End Game available besides taking part in “Next Top Model” (Anet do something about this)

I’ve been part of the 2 seasons in WvW and as you might know we won both seasons.
Now this season it seems we have lost every guild we once had with exception of maybe 3. 1 got formed by native HoD members. As far as i am aware we never bought guilds.

The last month it seems, to me that is that HoD has been ganged up on. If we’d be fighting someone even if we were WAY in 3rd place. the 3rd server would actively avoid fighting whoever was 1st or 2nd. regardless of who the matchup was.

Then yesterday i was on some streams following some Crystal Desert people (roaming). And one of them had sincere rage towards HoD. Is this a thing?
Are the lower tier servers beating up on HoD? or am i reading into this wrong?
I mean we get in some good fights but fighting 3 blobs that outman us 1 to 3 seems while they aren’t fighting the opposing server. I can’t help to read into that.

Finally props to [VNG][Oath][AsH][BuS] and [BEEP] btw.
Awesome fights this week.

Also i’m not asking for pitty as i relish in the chance to fight bigger groups and cut them in pieces we can actually fight. I’m just trying to understand where this all comes from. I am not active on the forums and thus unaware of possible issues that arise there.

[Zeal][HoD]
Occasional Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Yeah, it’s not in your head. You have to remember that as we fell all those tiers down to where we are now, though, that the servers we faced on the way were all servers that got beaten severely in the tourney by us, when we were the stacked bandwagon server that went undefeated. People hold grudges. Some, for a long long time. It will be interesting to see if a similar situation arises with what’s going on with a couple other bandwagon servers at the moment, but we’ll just have to wait on that.

This week has been pretty fantastic, though. Lots of good fights all around, although GoM hasn’t made much of a showing aside from vulturing paper targets and such that we and BP leave behind for them.

Anyway, matchup thread, inb4lock

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Many felt that HoD was the #6 server in terms of population and strength. Not only did the server over stack for victory; but the server dissolved before actually engaging in an even fight; some pointed out that there was an active discussion about not wanting to play a match they could possibly lose.

It’s sad that people are still angry though, most of the people who stacked are long gone and are on other servers. Those that stayed shouldn’t have to bear any of that ill-will.

in WvW

Posted by: Darsin Callagher.5821

Darsin Callagher.5821

Yeah HoD imploded twice actually once after season1 and then after season 2. I really rather be this size and have people stay so we can keep our epic wvw community.

Hoping for some great fights during the season. As said before BP be proud of the guilds i mentioned. They came Saw Conquered Got beaten and Came back to Conquer. much love for those guilds.

[Zeal][HoD]
Occasional Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

You get used to it. It’s hard being this perfect.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

No one hates HoD. Your server just got stacked as a result of free transfers before season 2. Those same bandwagon jumpers left afterwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

The hate derives from some of the bandwagon guilds that joined for a season and then left. Those fly-by-night guilds hurt HoD to such a degree that many wonder if winning the first two seasons was actually worth it. Sadly the hate these guilds brought upon HoD stuck with us long after they left the asylum. The hate is for them but it is easier to hate HoD as a whole.

Hoddor!

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

WvW players are the biggest drama queens in the game.

Edit: last time I checked HoD was still rated higher than before the start of S2, so some of the woe-is-me drama is coming from HoD.

(edited by Wanderer.3248)

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Yeah HoD imploded twice actually once after season1 and then after season 2.

Add another one to the count. In the early days of the game, T1 was HoD, JQ, and SBI. It was a very unstable time due to free transfers. HoD went from the top NA server to T7 when their huge alliance broke up. ET was a T2 server then and also imploded the same week.

Everyone watched as HoD and ET gotten beaten badly on their way down the tiers. I remember FA’s match in T4 with HoD and DH. HoD was basically empty. One time I went to DH BL and stood outside HoD’s spawn. Only one guy left their spawn and after losing a few duels with me, gave up and left. I felt bad for the few people who actually stayed on the server.

S2 was quite a shock for me to see HoD with hordes everywhere lol. Can’t say I wasn’t happy to see FA return the favor after season.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

No one likes bandwagon servers. And if there’s the opportunity to beat them as they fall down the ranks, people are gonna take it. Does it matter whether the bandwagoners all left? No.

Same reason no one likes Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Kaineng was less a bandwagon, more an experiment by War Machine[WM] to see if they could drag a bottom tier server up to T1. And they very nearly succeeded if it wasn’t for burnout

Early HoD was a freak of nature followed by insane bandwagoning. I doubt a repeat could ever be made. s2 HoD was just a sad bandwagon for rewards

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

I feel sorry for any bandwagoners that come to HoD for season 3…they will get beat to death with a red carpet.