What is with supply burning?

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

Currently Isle of Janthir is experiencing a few people switching over from a competing world to purposely burn the supply of towers and keeps. They build a bunch of siege weapon, mainly flame rams, all around the supply depot. I caught this person about an hour:

Inner north supply depot at east keep in IoJ Borderland.
[img]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s492/PaperCorp/gw001_zps820a8faa.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s492/PaperCorp/gw002_zps4ec1e56f.jpg[/img]

Outer north supply depot at east keep, IoJ BL.
[img]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s492/PaperCorp/gw003_zpse477f87c.jpg[/img]

Outer south supply depot at east keep, IoJ BL.
[img]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s492/PaperCorp/gw004_zps90a6ae34.jpg[/img]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

People should embrace Ramelot.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Why do I get the feeling that ArenaNet will do nothing to this player :/

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Hand-me-down tactic. It was a disgusting trend in Tier 1 a couple weeks ago.

SBI Complained About Rams In Camp

There is little that can be done except to report it or to seek out a modestly friendly contact in the opposition that is willing to help wack them down for you…

But keep in mind, there are logistical challenges, npc challenges, etc. And if your spy decides to defend his rams… <grumble>. Just have your screenshot camera ready!

If you don’t already have a couple names in the opposition in your contact list, you might consider finding/adding a few… there has to be at least a couple people (opposition) in the forums that you’ve come to appreciate or respect.

Send them a PM some time… it can never hurt to have a back-channel contact in the opposition. If nothing else, you can always threaten to recruit them. <evil grin> … or worse yet, send them the rare in-game whisper and thank them for kicking your teeth in on the field.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

All your spy has to say is ’Working on my Master of Disaster achievement’ and there’s nothing you can do to him.

Supply burning is a perfectly legit way to work on that title.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

All your spy has to say is ‘Working on my Master of Disaster achievement’ and there’s nothing you can do to him.

And that is one of my biggest gripes with WvW. There are plenty of things to take you away from actually helping your world win. How do achievements, vistas, points of interest, skill points and jumping puzzles help the war effort? I also feel badges of honor should only be used to buy items that can ONLY be used in WvW (i.e, not legendaries), as that has a similar effect, all be it not as bad.

I would rather all these things be removed from WvW, to stop players taking up slots only to do that content. It can be quite frustrating when you see players join your group, only to watch them sod off once they get the PoI or Vista. You don’t have to get these things in xPvP, so why add them to WvW (seeing as it is 95% PvP)?

As to the subject of opposing worlds sending Supply Sappers over, you could argue that that’s war. Using spies to disrupt things is all part of it. But as this is not an intended mechanic, I agree that this should be remedied some how. One way to reduce it could be to limit how many siege weapons any one player can place in a given timeframe. If they limited placement to one siege weapon every 5-10 minutes per person, it could help limit the damage done from this tactic.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in WvW

Posted by: starvenus.1497

starvenus.1497

I don’t have a screenie but we had about 6 un-build rams inside our Border Citadel that somehow belong to the other servers [enemies rams, can’t tell which server belong to though] , while I’m destroying it I got atk occasionally by invisible person but since I’m inside the base I’m invulnerable. Now this thing is different from what you guys described.

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

All your spy has to say is ‘Working on my Master of Disaster achievement’ and there’s nothing you can do to him.

And that is one of my biggest gripes with WvW. There are plenty of things to take you away from actually helping your world win. How do achievements, vistas, points of interest, skill points and jumping puzzles help the war effort? I also feel badges of honor should only be used to buy items that can ONLY be used in WvW (i.e, not legendaries), as that has a similar effect, all be it not as bad.

I would rather all these things be removed from WvW, to stop players taking up slots only to do that content. It can be quite frustrating when you see players join your group, only to watch them sod off once they get the PoI or Vista. You don’t have to get these things in xPvP, so why add them to WvW (seeing as it is 95% PvP)?

As to the subject of opposing worlds sending Supply Sappers over, you could argue that that’s war. Using spies to disrupt things is all part of it. But as this is not an intended mechanic, I agree that this should be remedied some how. One way to reduce it could be to limit how many siege weapons any one player can place in a given timeframe. If they limited placement to one siege weapon every 5-10 minutes per person, it could help limit the damage done from this tactic.

Translation: let’s not allow any players who want to play WvW the same way I do from entering WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Because the player has done nothing to violate their rules. Building rams out in the middle of no where is allowed.

It may be unhelpful and counter productive. But there’s nothing to stop them.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Because the player has done nothing to violate their rules.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

“22. While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation.”

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Safir.9203

Safir.9203

If it matters to Anet (which I doubt it does), I have screenshots of the same guild (different character name) doing the same exact thing in IoJ BL-Dreadfall Bay and EB BL-Lowland Keep. I took multiple screenshots, reported them for “scamming” (couldn’t decide what was the best reason), mentioned it in chat so others were aware, and a few others reported the player in question as well. Maybe I even posted something about it in a different thread, but hard to remember.

I decided not to post any screenshots though because the guild (and player(s)) in question boast about how they are exploiters/trolls/kittens/etc. As we all hopefully know, it is best not to feed the trolls… so things like screenshots and complaining sometimes serves as attention (and free publicity) for this guild. (My former troll self is even paranoid enough to wonder if you’re just one of them who is tasked to drum up interest for your guild by posting this, Toxic Root, but I know that we’re all friends here, right? ;D )

That said, I don’t think there is anything wrong with taking screenshots or posting them here. People should be aware this is happening so that, at the very least, those of us who are playing don’t count on supply being there (even if it should). I would still suggest that we just report these people, keep the screenshots (and post sparingly, if possible), and avoid speaking about this guild by name or giving them any of that direct kind of exposure. Trolls love attention and if we just kinda accept this supply wastage and know it might happen, then they will get bored by our lack of hysteria.

I have already started to think of them as a negative random event that happens in game from time to time. When I see them building pointless siege, I just think “NOOOOO! the SUPPLY WASTERS just spawned… why now of all times!?” True, we might lose because of it and that will suck, but at least then it will still feel somewhat like playing a game. Just a game you lose. Unfairly. Because companies in this industry stopped investing in GM’s and real customer support long ago. But that’s another rant for another time… and I’m not bitter… not one bit… :P

To help in not letting it ruin your fun, just remember this kind of stuff is stupid and they’re just lamers who get off on cheating and throwing sand in people’s eyes. IMO, it’s a boring exploit and is pretty lacking in creativity (I remember people talking about this pre-launch, though this is the first time I’ve seen people actually bother). I just don’t get it… it’s so much work and trouble for so little true grief and misery. We lose most of our stuff in WvW anyway because the PUGgles fight endless battles for nothing while the world crashes in around them. Do they really think wasting supply even comes close? They are being outdone by our own lack of organization in various timeslots.

Looking at their website and in-game behavior, they come across as some kind of cheesy axis of anarchy wannabes. If wasting supply to make us waaaah is fun to them, whatever… but what a boring way to spend your time (and potentially $30-60). Real great trolling, that… You give Anet money, they let you waste virtual supplies in a virtual competition, and all of it has absolutely no bearing on anything. Hmmm…

Q: Who’s trolling who again?
A: Anet’s trolling us all… ;D

(edited by Safir.9203)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Death and Taxes is from Darkhaven, not FA or CD and thus you really need to stop assuming your opposing worlds are doing this kind of thing. Likely someone working on their achievement, or trolling, after joining your server for world completion.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Nagi.5217

Nagi.5217

Sometimes when a keep has a +5 supply buff, you have to use some supply in order to get the extra supply. Guilds usually do this (throw a few supply on a ram) before reset so everyone start out with +15 supply.

It would be great if everyone start off with 0 supply after the reset though.