What's going on with WvW rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: Tankvieh.5796

Tankvieh.5796

in general i agree, as a 80% WvW Player myself i always found the rewards really bad.

However one problem i see is where would you give out these rewards?

Some nights there are next to no fights to be had, other nights you get rolled over all the time, and another night you kill their whole zerg multiple times.
So if you give the item reward based on player kills it will never be fair compared to the hours put into the mode.
If you however put the rewards into other pve events it will either not be used or abused.

They could however up the Quest rewards for defending attacking etc. substantially.

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

We also are forgetting about the insane amount of gold needed to guilds now. I would be more than happy if I could get more stuff related to guild improvement or proper WvW such as food (i am talking about meta food not about magic find one -.-) even if it is account bounded.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Yes, WvW is a gold sink, and rewards are needed, but they need to understand that adding rewards before solving the other issues is just pouring sugar on rotten food.. they are still not going to eat it unless you get rid of the rotten food first. Have to end the DBL boycott first by bringing back alpine ( at least while they work on other maps) and solve the auto wp and such prior to adding the rewards or it isn’t going to increase the population. If they actually want to increase the population they have to fix what’s rotten first before adding sugar.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

One idea I had was if there was a keep taken while being heavily defended increase the reward or the opposite! The longer you hold a keep while under constant attack the rewards for defending go up. That would be seriously satisfying.

I agree that is one of the better ways they could implement the rewards, as of current, no one care to defend anything since really there is not much reason to. Adding personal rewards for players that increase the longer you hold it would be an incentive to not just blow off losing your objectives. However, I also do not find it fun to siege hump/ alternatively spend 4 hours wearing down a heavily sieged keep to take it.. I would like to have more defense focused on PvP combat rather than siege/ Nonsensical defenses like airships ect.. I want the focus to be on PvP combat instead. I love those 6 hour all out brawls in lords room with all walls down on a keep while fighting both enemy servers all up in lords . Those Long 3 way no siege focused PvP chaotic battles are what I love most about WvW. I miss those fights..

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Present WvW rewards are just very poor indeed…it speaks volumes about the importance ANet attaches to WvW.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

RedBaron.6058

Compare WvW rewards with fractals rewards and you will cry in desbelief…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t even know how they would add rewards in swvw.

If you give rewards for objective, it’ll just turn into rounding circle. Kind of like EOTM.

If you give rewards for player kill, it’ll just turn into kill trading.

If you give rewards for defending, people’ll just afk in tower.

And I’m not even talking about GW2. Pretty much every RvsR game I have played turned into farming when players care more about rewards than winning.

And I dont’ even know why people care about winning in WvW. It felt kind of pointless to me. The only time I care about winning in other RvsR game is once when you win. You actually get some sort of rewards like fight in some new zones.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

The funny thing about me: I don’t care about gold or rewards, yet I have tons of gold. And I played mostly wvw the past 2 years (most of it as solo roamer). Champ trains bore me to death, always did. I just know how to make gold for some reason and being in wvw doesn’t stop that. So to me wvw isn’t really unrewarding or that’s nothing I care about – I just want it to be fun again.

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

The funny thing about me: I don’t care about gold or rewards, yet I have tons of gold. And I played mostly wvw the past 2 years (most of it as solo roamer). Champ trains bore me to death, always did. I just know how to make gold for some reason and being in wvw doesn’t stop that. So to me wvw isn’t really unrewarding or that’s nothing I care about – I just want it to be fun again.

That isn’t just you, and I think that is the problem here in the first place. Anet needs to understand that what works in PvE doe snot work in WvW. WvW players will spend gold, RL money or whatever to play if they are having fun.. it is about what you enjoying doing in WvW, not about the shinies. You can give PvE players shinies and they will Raid all day.. to WvW players , giving them shinies without solving the problems is insulting, not rewarding.

Rewards should be incentives to have existing WvW players do more, not going to be what makes them play and Anet needs to understand that. They need to have people who understand what WvW players want designing the content, not those who understand what works for PVE. Just because it works for PVE does not mean it will work for WVW due to the players playing for very different reasons and have different expectations of what is considered " fun."

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I don’t even know how they would add rewards in swvw.

If you give rewards for objective, it’ll just turn into rounding circle. Kind of like EOTM.

If you give rewards for player kill, it’ll just turn into kill trading.

If you give rewards for defending, people’ll just afk in tower.

And I’m not even talking about GW2. Pretty much every RvsR game I have played turned into farming when players care more about rewards than winning.

And I dont’ even know why people care about winning in WvW. It felt kind of pointless to me. The only time I care about winning in other RvsR game is once when you win. You actually get some sort of rewards like fight in some new zones.

You could increase rewards according to activity. For example, If you are defending, your PPK increases the longer you defend a structure as well as increasing your probability of receiving rare loot. Increasing drop rate and loot value for Player killing while defending making them more valuable than chests, ganking and K train. Loot PPK and XP from player killing is higher for non siege attacks than with siege. Only apply the rewards to activity level so AFKers are not rewarded. This would encourage PvP defending, blocking the K train and discourage siege humping at same time.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I only fight in wvw for the glory. Plus my spike animation is pretty.

I get this. I did the same for a long time. Up until the release of HOT I was really okay with not earning a lot because I was having so much fun. With HOT and the release of guild halls my opinion has changed.

If you are a competitive wvw guild you need those wvw war room upgrades without a question. You will need thousands and thousands and thousands of gold to get to that point and that is just fact.

In my wvw guild in which I co lead we had just over 30 players who used to log in every day or if not every other day. They had to be consistent players. I think leaving wvw to get the gold for these upgrades killed us.

Now we have 4 or 5 people on per night and my co leader is no longer playing. I also took a long break a month after launch of HOTS. We did have fun playing the other game modes but I think wvw was the glue holding us together. My friends just aren’t playing anymore and it is upsetting. But by far the most important things about wvw are those spike finishers mate. I know they are pretty!

I think it is more important to reduce the costs of WvW upgrades than it is to increase rewards to compensate for them. The mistake they made with HoT was they took away what guilds already earned instead of giving them more content. They actually took away more than they gave back with HoT for many guilds, this was especially hard on small guilds.

A way they could repair this would be to return all upgrades that existed prior to HoT the way they were, small guilds get their buffs back and + 5 ect.. THEN, replace what they put in HoT with guild upgrades not costing Guilds anything to run, for example pre HoT would still have to pay influence ( or currency equivalent to influence that can be purchased through scrolls or earned) to recharge the buffs as they did prior to HoT. What all the guilds that spent the insane amount to regain those buffs for HoT receive instead is using those said buffs for free from now on. You no longer have to pay to have them recharge if you jumped through the HoT hoops to get them. The re earned buffs would be rechargeable without cost for HoT, only paying to speed them up instead.

This would make both those who worked their tail off to get the HoT upgrades happy and the guilds that rage quit over them taking away what they already earned happy as well. Hot Guilds get free recharges, non HoT has it stay the same as before.

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

OP, be glad you don’t have to pay to repair your armor or to upgrade structures.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I think if WvW gives better rewards it would be filled of leechers and useless player filling slots that could be used by people who really enjoy the massive pvp.

I think this is an extremely valid concern. Some players would only be there for rewards or worse could manipulate matches in order to gain maximum rewards while simultaneously causing the server to tank.

It would take careful consideration and planning/implementation of features to prevent this. It would be difficult.

Wonder if PVE feel the same about wvw ppl in pve maps lol

in WvW

Infusion.7149

Compare WvW rewards with fractals rewards and you will cry in desbelief…

My brother played PvE and only does WvW for land claimer/camp capture/warg and in a few months got a legendary precursor and the resources for every ascended weapon.

Better WvW rewards should be not dependent on killing wargs or harpies (or oasis), plus more should have been given to those with WvW titles.

For example , change the Battle Historian and WvW tournament claim tickets to “WvW claim tickets”:

Fixer Upper = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian for 250 badges + 250 proof of heroics + 250 memories of battle

Yakslapper = 1 ascended weaponchest available at the Battle Historian for 250 proof of heroics + 250 memories of battle

Immovable Object = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian

Leader of the Yak = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian

Camp Counselor = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian

Keep Guard = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian

Tower Guard = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian

Royal Guard = 1 ascended armorchest available at the Battle Historian

Kingmaker = 1 ascended weaponchest available at the Battle Historian

Tower Toppler = 1 ascended weaponchest available at the Battle Historian

Plays for Keeps = 1 ascended weaponchest available at the Battle Historian

Unhappy camper = 1 ascended weaponchest available at the Battle Historian

Unstoppable Force = 1 ascended weaponchest available at the Battle Historian

Ultimate Dominator = 2 ascended weaponchests available at the Battle Historian (the requirement had not been changed from the original)

Compare it to PvE:

Ascended Armor Chest — completing the Ambrite Weapon Collection achievement
Ascended Armor Chest — completing the Bioluminescence achievement
Ascended Armor Chest — completing the Leystone Armor achievement
Ascended Weapon Chest — completing the Machined Weapons achievement

Even if you farmed the WvW achievements during OCX/SEA time , it would still take much more time than just PvEing raids/fractals or even Silverwastes (ascended wepaon is around 70g-100g ; ascended armor is around 50-100g).

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m all for those achievements to offer something, but in the time a player accomplishes just one of those, someone else could be fully geared out in ascended.

There should be a way to purchase all ascended gear. Also the devs should make special looking legendary armors and backpieces and weapons… just for the pvp side of the game.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Give access to skins but make them an account bound version. Problem solved.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I think if WvW gives better rewards it would be filled of leechers and useless player filling slots that could be used by people who really enjoy the massive pvp.

I think this is an extremely valid concern. Some players would only be there for rewards or worse could manipulate matches in order to gain maximum rewards while simultaneously causing the server to tank.

It would take careful consideration and planning/implementation of features to prevent this. It would be difficult.

When they fail events due to people AFKing they do..

WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Carambola.1273

Carambola.1273

I spent on WvW the same amount of time my friends spent on SW. The difference is in SW they get rich. In WvW I get poor.

Is it possible to balance this?

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I play wvw when I want to pvp and gather ranks, I play other content when I want to gather gold. Sorted.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in WvW

Posted by: Golliat.1647

Golliat.1647

The WVW need a closer look, greater attention!

Golliat | Calliana — Yak’s Bend [UL] Ultimate Legion

in WvW

Carambola.1273

I play wvw when I want to pvp and gather ranks, I play other content when I want to gather gold. Sorted.

Yes…I feel obliged to run fractals, meta events, sw, etc to have enough money to sustain my fun on WvW. This is not fair.

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

WvW is being re-vamped, the extent of which they hope to reveal soon. The update itself is probably later this year due to the time they are investing in it

What it will include is speculation, but worth keeping an eye on the weekly news in case when it does hit, it alleviates issues like these.

in WvW

vesica tempestas.1563

Yes…I feel obliged to run fractals, meta events, sw, etc to have enough money to sustain my fun on WvW. This is not fair.

why? you don’t need gold for wvw.

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in WvW

Carambola.1273

Why not? I need gold as any pve player…I need to equip, I need to buy food, sieges, invest on WvW upgrades on the Guild Hall, etc

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

vesica tempestas.1563

When you do your PVE you get gold and PVE rewards, that’s kinda the point, in WVW you get different rewards.

in WvW

laokoko.7403

Why not? I need gold as any pve player…I need to equip, I need to buy food, sieges, invest on WvW upgrades on the Guild Hall, etc

you should try Eotm.

you might say… well I want to wvw not Eotm.

Maybe if WvW have good rewards it’ll turn into Eotm.

I think Anet should make WvW more self sustainable, and make more WvW specific rewards. eg. wvw only guild hall. That’s probably a better direction.

in WvW

Carambola.1273

which reward are those? Badges of honor? Proof of heroics? Pfft

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

This is hilarious! It has to be true. I’m so bad at pve lol.

Everyone you have some experienced and informative responses to this topic. I’m not in the boat that is focused mainly on rewards being the most important thing as apposed to changing other aspects of the game type so I do take into consideration the argument that to many people this aspect is less important than others.

That being said I think you guys have a some great ideas.

Pancakes
Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

How would they up the rewards in WvW and still avoid farming though? They had that incident in the JP area where the different servers were farming players by killing each other in turn. High enough rewards might end up with zergs farming zergs for drops and gold.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

vesica tempestas.1563

which reward are those? Badges of honor? Proof of heroics? Pfft

Most people I know play wvw for ranks and fun. Put it this way earning achievments is a core part of pve and often there is no gold reward for that either.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

As long as there are people who believe WvW loot has to be awful in order to prevent Karma trains, our loot will remain a mass of blues and greens.
Realistically, a well thought out reward system could encourage competitive gameplay, as well as give us a means to get gear and skins that are PvE exclusive and ascended gear.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

How would they up the rewards in WvW and still avoid farming though? They had that incident in the JP area where the different servers were farming players by killing each other in turn. High enough rewards might end up with zergs farming zergs for drops and gold.

Its really easy actually. Add in participation rewards just like they have in DT, SW, and the HoT maps. Keep the normal rewards as those match up with everything in PVE maps while building participation. Make all events give participation and those completed events that have actual PvP combat during them give more participation. So if you take a defended POI you get more participation then if you take one that is not defended. For defending POIs give participation only when defending from other players but do not give any for just AFKing in one. And lastly make PPT have an affect on participation so servers will be tryring to get those ticks high.

The rewards can be better. Arenanet just needs to take the time to make it happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

The difference is in WvW you enjoy yourself, in SW we grind our kitten into a pure state of bored stupid-ism. I don’t think any goes to SW to have fun anymore, just to grind for gold.

in WvW

Just a flesh wound.3589

Its really easy actually. Add in participation rewards just like they have in DT, SW, and the HoT maps. Keep the normal rewards as those match up with everything in PVE maps while building participation. Make all events give participation and those completed events that have actual PvP combat during them give more participation. So if you take a defended POI you get more participation then if you take one that is not defended. For defending POIs give participation only when defending from other players but do not give any for just AFKing in one. And lastly make PPT have an affect on participation so servers will be tryring to get those ticks high.

The rewards can be better. Arenanet just needs to take the time to make it happen.

How would that stop zergs going in a circle with the 3 different server zergs following each other and taking spots in turn? They could always make sure each spot is defended for maximum benefit. Then they could meet somewhere for a big fight to farm for PvP points.

I’m not saying that WvW doesn’t have a reward problem, but the farming impulse is strong and people can find a way to farm once the rewards are good enough. Any reward system will have to be carefully planned to keep WvW from turning into farming, as I guarantee people will be looking for a way to farm WvW.

People ask for better WvW rewards, and ANet might just give it to them.

ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

laokoko.7403

As long as there are people who believe WvW loot has to be awful in order to prevent Karma trains, our loot will remain a mass of blues and greens.
Realistically, a well thought out reward system could encourage competitive gameplay, as well as give us a means to get gear and skins that are PvE exclusive and ascended gear.

I go to wvw to farm badge of honor.

I don’t think it matters if wvw turn into karma train.

but I’d like to see how a rewrding system could encourage competitive play. because if it’s so easy one of the RvR game would do it already.

Many things sounds great on paper. But no one have actually make it work yet.

in WvW

laokoko.7403

How would that stop zergs going in a circle with the 3 different server zergs following each other and taking spots in turn? They could always make sure each spot is defended for maximum benefit. Then they could meet somewhere for a big fight to farm for PvP points.

I’m not saying that WvW doesn’t have a reward problem, but the farming impulse is strong and people can find a way to farm once the rewards are good enough. Any reward system will have to be carefully planned to keep WvW from turning into farming, as I guarantee people will be looking for a way to farm WvW.

why does it even matter. at least there are people that way.

quite honestly wvw have been so dead. anyway to get more people is better than an empty map.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Someone quoted someone from anet on this forum a while back who said that the rewards aren’t as bad as we think – and looking at the gold on my account this might be true ~20 silver per rank, I made 10 ranks today (was a fun night), got around 12 champ bags, one exo and 50 large lootbags and a lot of blue and greens. I also made a lot of karma which I could turn into gold, got some badges and some heroic thingys. I probably would be 15 gold richer if I had sold all of it – that was for 3 hours.

ETA: And no one listens to me.. tisk.
Anyway; I just flipped through all mats I have and found that I could finish one legendary, then thought of HOPE which I wanted to craft but gave up on because I found it was a grind (yeah, sorry) – I’d rather not have wvw to be more grind, guilds are bad enough. And who knows what “better rewards” would mean when anet starts working on that.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Just a flesh wound.3589

why does it even matter. at least there are people that way.

quite honestly wvw have been so dead. anyway to get more people is better than an empty map.

I’m not so sure that turning core WvW into a farm fest will be all that great no matter how many new farmers WvW people it brings in. But if you guys are happy with the notion, who am I to point out problems.

Happy farming.

ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

EotM is wvw farming model. As time goes on its less farm able and more WvW’ish. People will farm until they find a better crop and move on.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

ANET is dying. They aren’t the same company that use to honor the player, now they are all about selling outfits, wings and other useless junk for gems.

WvW will never be good again because ANET has lost their soul. You can thank Mike O’Brien for that.

I suspect someone has one eye on retirement.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Infusion.7149

I’m all for those achievements to offer something, but in the time a player accomplishes just one of those, someone else could be fully geared out in ascended.

There should be a way to purchase all ascended gear. Also the devs should make special looking legendary armors and backpieces and weapons… just for the pvp side of the game.

You need to salvage ascended items for legendary armor though.

Also it is common for WVwers to have ascended weapons but not multiple ascended armor for every class. Weapons tend to be more transferrable than armor , mainly since everyone runs similar setups per weapontype but the armor runs the full spectrum of setups. For example, Berserker’s Greatsword or Viper’s Scepter/Torch can be used on multiple classes.

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Carambola.1273

I dont wvw become a farm map but i just dont want to be poor to play it. I spent more than I earn…People spent 5h on SW and get enough money to buy things. I spent 5h on WvW and I spent gold…Something wrong on that equation.

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I spent on WvW the same amount of time my friends spent on SW. The difference is in SW they get rich. In WvW I get poor.

Is it possible to balance this?

Silverwastes chest farming is universally considered to be profitable and boring. WvW (and other options) offer different type of game play: more engaging, much less predictable.

(That said: PvP got a new reward track system and it’s quite competitive with PvE now; I’d like to see something similar for WvW.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I know this dead horse has been beaten through the Earth to my guild mates in Australia, but there is no way I would make more than 70-80g over 4 days in wvw with these same hours i’m putting in.

Now I get wanting players to explore other parts of the game over just staying in one…. but there are some players that would rather earn equal amounts in the game type they enjoy. I know many people that would rather be in a large scale pvp setting to earn their gear/guild perks to use in a large scale pvp setting.

Personally i’m going for the super pistol pewpew. Just wanted to say something while I have the chance before the wvw changes. Have a great day everyone.

PvE is what you do to prepare for WvW. It’s the crap you HAVE to endure before you can have fun.
I suppose the choice is how much gold you want over how much fun you want.

Gold vs Fun.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

well to be fair, fun is subjective

to some fun is beating the dragon and getting items for it….
to others who’ve been there, done that and have the t-shirt, it’s playing against other players who have beat the dragon too.

this is why the sum of pve feedback will always be “Been there, done that, whats next”, and their torment is grind, their pleasure is flaunting a new skin around town.

and the sum of pvp feedback will be – “Hey no fair, he has more _ than me!!” and their torment is getting beaten up in a pvp match, their pleasure is having all the quaggans ask for autographs.

no different than real life i suppose, some get the attention with money, other get the attention with muscle. same kittens different mode, they both want the quaggans to look at them in awe lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I have complain about this issue plenty of times. If the rewards in WvW were better, more players will spend time playing that game mode. ANet needs to make it much easier to make gold from playing WvW. I suggest rewarding the players base on how much territory their server holds. A reward chest should be awarded at 10 minute increments. This way it will encourage each sides to capture and hold more territory. Of course the biggest issue facing WvW isn’t reward but population imbalance. They need to fix that first.

Great idea.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

For additional comedy, I noted a “Box of WvW supplies” was in the guild hall for 1 commendation.

Opened it and found:

Level 80 veggie pizza (well that’s ok)
Level 75 Peach Pie (LOL)
250 wxp
A coffer with some bloodstone dust
A green

Granted, eveything the guild trader sells is a rip off but yep, that does feel like it came from WvW

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

yes op wvw could use with few more incentives or maybe reward lines like pvp got(actually i think that might some back with better rewards not the ones who only want gold). it doesnt pay gold to wvw but i do it like you more for the fun but people looking for gold arent going to wvw(and i dont eotm cause thats not real wvw in my eyes) cause it not there. but before wvw gets better rewards there are a few things that could use fixing first

in WvW

RedBaron.6058

Forget about WvW…fractals are the best option to farm tons of gold and top gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

I have complain about this issue plenty of times. If the rewards in WvW were better, more players will spend time playing that game mode. ANet needs to make it much easier to make gold from playing WvW. I suggest rewarding the players base on how much territory their server holds. A reward chest should be awarded at 10 minute increments. This way it will encourage each sides to capture and hold more territory. Of course the biggest issue facing WvW isn’t reward but population imbalance. They need to fix that first.

Great idea.

No, it isn’t a good idea, if the rewards would be based on how much territory your server owned. This will increase the imbalance of servers even more. Server-stacking on one side, zombie servers on the other side. Remember, the common player is a lazy player, he wants his loot on the easiest way and as fast as possible. Imho, it would be better when the map reward chest depends on the numbers of players actions or numbers of successful events during the 15 minutes period for example.

What wvw also needs is a huge step back from these fun killing siege-usage, no ballistas, no arrow carts anymore, or at least only a limited usage. Let me say so, you want to use the arrow cart? Use your supplies or build your own arrows.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry