What's going on with WvW rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

I also used to be one of those people who only played WvW and I was fine with the miserable loot compared to PvE but with HoT a new class + the new specialization came out, the meta has changed a lot and there’s loads of new builds out there – I just can’t afford to try most of them because equipping a character simply for trying is either extremely expensive or even requires farming runes in PvE. Hell, after the changes to ascended armor crafting I can barely even afford to craft me a new ascended armor after I switched my main class for guild raids. It’s ridiculous.

Just give us reward tracks like in sPvP and be done with it. And stop locking away runes behind PvE content by making them account bound.

in WvW

Posted by: Cruz.1502

Cruz.1502

In my opinion the WvW should not have spent with gold but with badge of honor. Making profitable WvW is not a good idea because unlike PVE, PVP or EOTM there is no overflow in WvW and it would create huge queues to enter.
Another improvement to balance WvW would take the effects of buffs as well as in PVP.
With these changes would make the WvW less expensive and more competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I’m not sure I am comfortable with the negative consequences of making wvw more profitable, but I would like to see a new npc at the BL spawn points that gives free servings of level 80 food, sharpening stones, tuning crystals, etc. It’s one thing to make wvw unprofitable. It’s another when wvw actually COSTS gold to play.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.7635

Noein.7635

Honestly, I don’t even care if WvW rewards are on par with the PvE junk. Just up it a bit so i’m not losing money by buying siege.

I bet we don’t pull more than about 3-5 gold per hour in WvW, and thats if you don’t buy siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Carambola.1273

Carambola.1273

I see people aren’t considerating in a global view of WvW.

How expensive is to finish the Guild Hall upgrades. And there is an especific part of this upgrades to WvW, which costs a lot of material.

Another part of the WvW gameplay is try – experiment – new buids, gear, etc. Which one I really enjoy too and I bet many of WvW, PvP players also enjoy it. Did you see how expensive is to craft a Minstrels set? And this is a good set for elem, d/d, frontline healer auramancer for example.

And other part of WvW is foods, sieges, utilities in general. There are foods like pot of lemongrass that cost almost 2g on TP , feast of seaweed salad costs 4g on TP, feast of rare veggie pizza almost 3g on TP. A Omega Gollen cost almost 3g on TP.

And there is the scribe. The cost for each dragon banner for example is about 2g – 3g for a brief time of use.

All of those things, on my opinion, should be take in consideration when they calculate the gold/item rate drop because all of these things are being proposed by the game.

That’s the point I was thinking when I opened this thread.

Thanks you all for sharing your opinion with me.

~Mag

Ultimate Legion Brazil

in WvW

Posted by: Golliat.1647

Golliat.1647

Even if the WvW is not profitable, could at least be self sustainable.

Golliat | Calliana — Yak’s Bend [UL] Ultimate Legion

in WvW

Posted by: Tofu.1978

Tofu.1978

Things always get messy when there are reward mechanisms that don’t align with the goal of a game mode. The goal of the game mode is supposed to be PPT. But if you try to reward people by PPT then you have to measure effort towards that PPT which is very difficult to award fairly. Capturing an objective is not effective PPT, you may be colluding with another server to flip things back and forth, what about scouts and other roles…

Badges seem like they were initialy intended to fill the role of reducing wvw costs by doing wvw. You can get exotic gear, siege, etc… The problem with badges is at least the way they are awarded now doesn’t align with contribution to PPT and making them do so is the same problem with measuring contribution to PPT.

I think the rewards could be better and adding modest rewards that reduce costs and perferably are account bound so there is even less incentive to farm them is the way I would go. WvW maps have caps, and as ludicrious as worrying about caps are these days, if wvw rewards ever rivaled PvE rewards those limited spots would be full of bots and people farming those rewards and not really playing WvW.

Devout Tofu, Hardened Tofu, Cryptic Tofu, Unstable Tofu, Expired Tofu
Knights of the Rose [KoR] – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

As this topic discusses economy, I think it is important to note the universal currency of time. (Over dramatic pause please) How much should I get playing this game mode per hour? This doesn’t mean only gold, but extends to other currencies, and non-transferable items.

Time Currency in WvW:

Example:

1 hour = 1 gold + 100 gamemode’s/non-transferable currency

So, how are we awarded the above?

1. Personally, I would keep gold/loot drops as they are when killing people/npcs. This prevents the fear of abuse of WvW’s economy, and means that whatever you get can be taken back into PvE.

2. Then, for the in gamemode currency/non-transferable currency (such as badges, proofs, karma, luarels, and paper ballistas) can be given for objectives/player kills. To prevent just trading kills or trading objectives…separate currencies. Such as badges for kills and proofs for objectives.

3. In attempt to scale currency on difficulty use the objective’s tier. Destroying siege is a dynamic difficulty, and could also award 1 currency (not gold) per destruction.

Tier Currency Scaling:

Example Objective: Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3

Tower: 5 proofs, 15 proofs, 30 proofs (make tier 1 worth a lot less, to deter “paper farming”)

What do we spend our broken claws currency on?

This is where the “economy” should be separated from pve/spvp. The only thing that transfers over is gold, and the standard drops (like broken claws).

I would do…

Gamemode Item Unlocks:

This is similar to way the current spvp system works with jewel/sigil/runes unlocks. These are bound to WvW, and are per each slot (instead of 1 jewel defining all the stats).

1. All exotic stat combos for each slot are unlocked by default (or most). This levels the playing field, and allows easy testing of stat combos that are otherwise hidden behind time gated walls (such as celestial) or outrageous gold barriers (such as minstrels).

2. Ascended stat combos for each slot are locked until paid for. If you already have the ascended gear for that slot it will automatically be unlocked. Determining the price by time as described before. This doesn’t give you ascended equipment to take back into PvE/sPvP.

Example:
Ascended Celestial Heavy Armor Pants are worth “1 hour” of wvw time. So that means… 1 gold + 100 gamemode’s/non-transferable currency.

3. The same idea can be applied to food/utility slots removing their maintenance cost.

1. With this change, it means up-levels won’t be relegated to farming eotm for levels or other game modes. They can join in the fun too!
2. This also means that conforming to “guild comps” is easier to coordinate.
3. As already stated, it levels the playing field by providing equal opportunity so the player can focus more on playing than just grinding for their build.

Long Term/maintence costs in WvW

1. Siege, yep. Still needs to be thing that uses the above currencies (current price is probably fine)

2. Ingredients for legendaries (and WvW specific legendaries, wink wink!) that require the above currencies (the only thing that is transferable to PvE).

3. Guild Upgrades/guild upgrade ingredients (they should consider the unit of time) Not the topic to discuss the current balance of said upgrades! At the moment they favor larger guilds with higher income

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

(edited by Chinchilla.1785)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I play wvw when I want to pvp and gather ranks, I play other content when I want to gather gold. Sorted.

Yes…I feel obliged to run fractals, meta events, sw, etc to have enough money to sustain my fun on WvW. This is not fair.

why? you don’t need gold for wvw.

Hahahahaha.

Gold for consumables (food, wrench)
Gold for ascended equipment (or exotics if you aren’t able to)
Gold for siege (alleviated by proof of heroics , but if you use more than a few catapults, good luck)
THOUSANDS of gold for guild upgrades
Gold for the OP dragon banners/airship/cloaking waters

Before the changes, you needed gold for repairs & upgrades too.

The biggest problem after heart of thorns is there is no way to earn new stat ascended trinkets other than story mode & raids. The story mode only gives one configurable amulet , the rest are maruader stats (power+precision , vitality/ferocity minor stat).

If only Vial of Salt could give those other stats (viper/trailblazer’s/commander’s/vigilant/etc).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

No, it isn’t a good idea, if the rewards would be based on how much territory your server owned. This will increase the imbalance of servers even more. Server-stacking on one side, zombie servers on the other side. Remember, the common player is a lazy player, he wants his loot on the easiest way and as fast as possible.

I agree that players want the easiest loot but I don’t think your prediction on an area controlled system would further imbalance the game. If my server owned less land and I want better rewards then I have a good incentive to capture more don’t I?

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

want to see wvw become super popular again ?

real simple , just make a “legendary Paparazzi skin” based on wvw / pvp achievements.

each thousand kills adds a new quaggan to your fan club that follow you around town.
the first 1k – you get a fan that follows you around saying “Hercules Hercules!”
next 3k – girl quaggans start following you around
at 5k – cameras start randomly flashing
at 100k – you get a film crew and at random times while you play, you can see some fan from behind a tree or on a mountain taking photos of you.

and so on….

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

I agree that players want the easiest loot but I don’t think your prediction on an area controlled system would further imbalance the game. If my server owned less land and I want better rewards then I have a good incentive to capture more don’t I?

If you have enough players around you either in a balanced tier or timezone, then you are right, that could work. But if you are stuck in a matchup, where your timezone or your server in general has not enough player to defend any structures, while your opponents do karma-training in a zerg or on watch against each other, then you won’t see any land. Everytime you try to conquer a camp, they will send a group to kill you, if the server is better organized.

So, the others get their better shiny stuff, but you will be demotivated after a short time and won’t join wvw again or leave the server. It’s a bit unfair don’t you think? I have never played during na-primetime, so I’ve seen these things happened several times in my played timezones. It’s just natural. I believe a server who is already dominating the maps, received more than enough items, these contemplate map rewards should be fair to every player, imho. Just as a small part in the major overhaul.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: The Quad.8625

The Quad.8625

What would be nice is for every 100 levels you reach you get an ascended item. Or a precursor at level 1000,

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

glider skins> wvw = anet

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

What would be nice is for every 100 levels you reach you get an ascended item. Or a precursor at level 1000,

That’s not like way over grindy or anything… By level 100 a pve player could be decked out in full ascended.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

That’s not like way over grindy or anything… By level 100 a pve player could be decked out in full ascended.

He said 1 item per 100 levels. So that would be 600 levels just for gear not including trinks/weaps. Also make them random with selectable stats.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

He said 1 item per 100 levels. So that would be 600 levels just for gear not including trinks/weaps. Also make them random with selectable stats.

I’m aware. Was just comparing.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: The Quad.8625

The Quad.8625

I said it because I’m level 1076 in wvw. I have 4 main characters that I use but only 3 of them have ascended gear. It would be nice to get free ascended gear so I don’t have to craft any or keep swopping armour between characters. It would save over 500 gold.

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

If you run fractals daily you get loads of ascended gear.

If you run WvW daily you get nothing.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Infusion.7149

If you run fractals daily you get loads of ascended gear.

If you run WvW daily you get nothing.

WvW dailies are easier unless you’re on T1.

I’d be happy even if it was a once a week or once a month thing that you get ascended from WvW for badge of tribute/proofs/memories of battle in place of badges + gold.

A full set of exotic WvW armor , 5 Gold coin 44 Silver coin and 950 Badge of Honor.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream Warden.5193

Dream Warden.5193

A lot of people talking about getting leechers and other undesirables in WvWvW, but it is also true the other way.
Because the rewards in WvWvW are so lackluster, you have me, an absolute noob in PVE ruining it for everyone else in dungeons, raids, etc.
I do not know what I am doing in PVE, and I do not plan on becoming much better either, because it is just something I have to do to get the gear I need for WvWvW.
I do not want to invest in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

A lot of people talking about getting leechers and other undesirables in WvWvW, but it is also true the other way.
Because the rewards in WvWvW are so lackluster, you have me, an absolute noob in PVE ruining it for everyone else in dungeons, raids, etc.
I do not know what I am doing in PVE, and I do not plan on becoming much better either, because it is just something I have to do to get the gear I need for WvWvW.
I do not want to invest in it.

While there are players coming from other RvR games most started GW2 with PvE. I would be happy if the game mode is getting fresh people and rewards would be a way to get those.
I do know players set foot into wvw soleyly because of map completion too and stayed after they got in touch with the server community. Though if you started your pve career on the wrong server (Vabbi for example, no harm intended) map completion on wvw maps was a realy painful adventure.

in WvW

Infusion.7149

I’m forcing myself to play SAB dailies to get the ascended weapons for cheap. 8 days of SAB dailies: ascended weapons or skins worth 400-500g presently (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kaiser_Snake_weapons).

8 days of WvW: cheap greens and blues with exotics worth nothing due to oversupply.