What's reset night like on Underworld/Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Is it just an empty field with a few people capping camps and a tower here and there? What’s it like? Is there any discussion in map chat about the servers?

http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups/map/1585?lang=en

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Holy crap…sad too see UW in this state.I remember them being a worthy foe like a year ago or even less against our server FSP.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

These are consequences of a poorly thought out bandwagon plan.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

In fairness, this is the first time since before the tournament that we’ve overtaken Vabbi in points due to our guilds leaving and theirs being bolstered.

Underworld got the short end of the stick unfortunately, but it’s always nice to see them fighting on despite it.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Anyone else wondering what could have been avoided if they had announced megaservers before they had free transfers instead of after? A logically backward sequence if I ever saw one.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Anyone else wondering what could have been avoided if they had announced megaservers before they had free transfers instead of after? A logically backward sequence if I ever saw one.

Could be. Anet implies everything at wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing new..promoting crappy PvP while ignoring popular GvG, guilds etc. Then again, you can’t escape from server drama which mostly destroys a server.

Well about Underworld..drama and politics destroyed the server, so called alliance crap. It was once glorious server, and was proud to be a part of it. The drama queens took their drama elsewhere and I hope they don’t spread the virus on their new destination. UW will never recover, sad to see.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

It is true that as far as chances go, Underworld is at an disadvantageous position, and do fairly bad at WvW. If only a few servers could merge – which shouldn’t happen – or they introduced something like alliances between servers or more and stronger npcs to the bad servers or something, it could be more fun and fair, for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaladarm.2180

Kaladarm.2180

Reset night on Underworld is horrible lol. I joined Underworld when I got the game around 5-6 weeks ago as my friend already played and it was the server he was on. How I wish I’d looked before I leaped lol.

WvW is almost a dirty word on the server it would seem. Apparently Underworld is a high population server – but all 98% of them seem to want to do is PvE. I’m one of the few that spends the majority of their gaming time trying to make a difference in WvW and it’s heartbreaking sometimes to play the mode. Reset night is the absolute worse. This Friday just gone for example, we had no commanders on at all for well over a hour immediately after reset and when one did turn up, it was already way too late and our numbers too few, so they tagged down right away. This happened several times until everyone had just had enough and gave up.

It’s depressing to lose a tier 3 keep to a smallish force (almost daily) as there’s only 1 or 2 players defending it but that’s the state of WvW on Underworld sadly. We have some good players and some good commanders but there simply aren’t enough of us.

Vabbi and Whiteside Ridge have massive numerical advantage over us and even Fissure of Woe seem to have had a big push in WvW lately – but good ol’ Underworld is still barren and generally considered the whipping boys. If only I’d known any of this beforehand.

I’ll keep on fighting though – if nothing else, I can always be guaranteed a target rich environment lol. Just wish more players would take an interest, or that some fix/merge or whatever can sort out the huge imbalance as it’s an uphill struggle to say the least.

The way I see it, there’s two ways to solve any problem… the Norn way, or the wrong way.

in WvW

Posted by: BigAlien.3128

BigAlien.3128

Kaladarm, I think I actually remember you (or someone in a very similar position) asking in the Borderlands map what WvW was like on Underworld. Fair broke my heart trying to help explain it.
There were a few hours, a few glorious hours, last week when we were actually second in our match up. Didn’t last, obviously.
It is kinda depressing. There’s rarely much point trying to upgrade something cos you know you’re never going to be able to hang on to it and you know that, sooner or later, when the other servers get done with whatever they’re doing and send their main force over, you’re going to get stomped into a smear of meat paste on the ground.
I think at this point we just play for the fight, for the few times when there are enough of us on to actually mount a decent defence and have a proper epic battle, like the ones that used to be fairly commonplace.
Ah well, not a lot we can do about it. Maybe next season it might occur to someone to put an upper limit on the number of people who can transfer to a single server.
Or the rest of us bail on Underworld and leave no one there at all. That might make someone pay attention.
Shout out to all the other Underworlders who’ve stuck around through thin and thinner (confession: not logged on at all in the last few days – I can only take so much getting beaten up day after day before I need a break).

Not the face!

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Do any of the UW WvW guilds.. ( if still present…) try to bring in new people from servers to help revive Uw again ?
I can remember FSP being in this exact same position last year,while not as bad as UW currently is doing we were lacking people throughout the entire day and got stomped by servers that shouldn;t have been able to stomp us at all.People started making recruitment posts and things started to turn around,we got some of the bigger guilds to our server like Votf,Vcy,XxX etc.
Its not to late too revive UW if people are willing to put in some effort and try to get some guilds from other servers over,or even start making new WvW guilds and start trying to drag people away from pve into WvW.I would love to face a proper UW server again.I can still remember the days of FSP vs UW on a weekly base being some of the best times ive ever had in WvW.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I think one of the main problems with UW at the moment is how ANet calculates the population in the servers. While UW is high/very high there is pretty much nobody playing. You could see this on season 1 and after it. It seems like ANet is calculating even the inactive accounts in to the pool as well. And no, back then there wasn’t even people in PvE either apart from the usual train on Queensdale.

I wish UW could recover from the poor state and I hope all the best for anyone still in the server. After all, my WvW story began in that very server. I still remember the days when the server was full of spirit and people didn’t give up, no matter what.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: NeverSmileWF.1684

NeverSmileWF.1684

It seems like ANet is calculating even the inactive accounts in to the pool as well.

This. Ive seen several people now that suspect the exact same thing.

Neversmile Wf – Engineer – Seafarer`s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Do any of the UW WvW guilds.. ( if still present…) try to bring in new people from servers to help revive Uw again ?
I can remember FSP being in this exact same position last year,while not as bad as UW currently is doing we were lacking people throughout the entire day and got stomped by servers that shouldn;t have been able to stomp us at all.People started making recruitment posts and things started to turn around,we got some of the bigger guilds to our server like Votf,Vcy,XxX etc.
Its not to late too revive UW if people are willing to put in some effort and try to get some guilds from other servers over,or even start making new WvW guilds and start trying to drag people away from pve into WvW.I would love to face a proper UW server again.I can still remember the days of FSP vs UW on a weekly base being some of the best times ive ever had in WvW.

They..I mean we tried, but the community and alliance politics was so dirty, plus the very high tag. Instead of bringing people in, people started to leave. Most of them were burnt out, or the little true wvw guilds were under pressure so much with regular matchups with FSP and Gunnar’s, they just left in the end. Now the whole Underworld server is in Gandara… While the FSP community was able to bring in many people even with the very high tag. It’s the community effort, the guilds and WvW situation of that server that can change things around.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Kaladarm, I think I actually remember you (or someone in a very similar position) asking in the Borderlands map what WvW was like on Underworld. Fair broke my heart trying to help explain it.
There were a few hours, a few glorious hours, last week when we were actually second in our match up. Didn’t last, obviously.
It is kinda depressing. There’s rarely much point trying to upgrade something cos you know you’re never going to be able to hang on to it and you know that, sooner or later, when the other servers get done with whatever they’re doing and send their main force over, you’re going to get stomped into a smear of meat paste on the ground.
I think at this point we just play for the fight, for the few times when there are enough of us on to actually mount a decent defence and have a proper epic battle, like the ones that used to be fairly commonplace.
Ah well, not a lot we can do about it. Maybe next season it might occur to someone to put an upper limit on the number of people who can transfer to a single server.
Or the rest of us bail on Underworld and leave no one there at all. That might make someone pay attention.
Shout out to all the other Underworlders who’ve stuck around through thin and thinner (confession: not logged on at all in the last few days – I can only take so much getting beaten up day after day before I need a break).

That’s how Vabbi used to be. Then 2-3 weeks before the season, we suddenly got a lot of new people and wvw turned into karma train. Fighting UW and FoW was so easy with the new numbers that most wvw’d only with their lowbies to get xp. Our roamers now hardly ever play since there is almost nobody to fight.

You will keep losing people as most new players find out really quickly that UW has the smallest wvw population out of all servers. Some people enjoy fighting outnumbered and those are pretty much the only ones that will transfer to UW – try to recruit with that in mind.

Even with so few people defending, you often defend so well our zerglings just melt in front of your keep gates. Somehow those few weeks of karma train turned Vabbians into softies that stand under ac fire.

Keep fighting and if you see a Vabbi thief killing your yaks, go after me, I suck in pvp.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

You sir are an inspiration to all WvW players. Bravo. I salute you.

in WvW

Posted by: Vylden.8526

Vylden.8526

Underworld was always going to end up at the bottom. I left that server mainly because I was in a guild from another server and couldn’t find a decent guild on Underworld.
WvW though was always a joke. There was some good commanders and guilds during season 1 but I could never enjoy playing in WvW because it was always full of whiney little kids who think they all know better. If a Zerg wiped they would just hurl insults at the commander till he detagged then wonder why they don’t have a commander and why no one wants to tag up. You could never get anything done because of the amount of people unwilling to follow instructions, get on TS or do anything team work related.
Now they have no one in WvW because most who play WvW have gone to other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Underworld was always going to end up at the bottom. I left that server mainly because I was in a guild from another server and couldn’t find a decent guild on Underworld.
WvW though was always a joke. There was some good commanders and guilds during season 1 but I could never enjoy playing in WvW because it was always full of whiney little kids who think they all know better. If a Zerg wiped they would just hurl insults at the commander till he detagged then wonder why they don’t have a commander and why no one wants to tag up. You could never get anything done because of the amount of people unwilling to follow instructions, get on TS or do anything team work related.
Now they have no one in WvW because most who play WvW have gone to other servers.

Many servers are like that, that’s not an excuse not to support your server. You are doing exactly what you are describing as a bad thing Commanders get bashed everywhere. I know some really great commanders that don’t want to tag up because they want to deal with it, but eventually they do.
I like how Robert Fenwick curled his tail and left Underworld though, priceless.

in WvW

Posted by: Valhingen.2173

Valhingen.2173

Ever since the introduction of (put some swear words of your choice here) megaserver drove us into WvW, I get the feeling its slowly improving…yes, very slowly.
After that last big exodus of most major guilds, it really boils down to numbers – I can see how training more new people and overall better skill/tactics can cover some but on average there arent enough people around.
During peak times we can hold our ground but we are talking a few hours a day here and not every day. Not sure how to manage getting other people to migrate to UW really but if anyone enjoys fighting as the underdog, we’d love to take you in!

We will soldier on and stay on UW.

PS: and to avoid getting the wrong idea – we are still having fun

[RoT] River of Tears
Underworld