What's the best tier to zerg bust?

in WvW

Posted by: Rhego.6590

Rhego.6590

Hello all,

Me and a couple buddies are starting back up a zerg busting guild. Planning on running 18-20 players, guild builds, discord, etc (definitely contact me if interested)

My question, however, is what is the best tier/server for such a guild? Maybe the lowest server of T1 or T2? Somewhere where finding fights won’t be an issue. Let me know what you all think!

in WvW

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I cant speak from exp since ive stayed on my original server in lower tiers, but I hear TC is good and youll be vs large servers a lot so plenty of guys to kill.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Not really any tbh. Gameplay is so passive and the strong builds/builds being played are so much better than the rest that there’s really no way to do it anymore.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

If you don’t know the builds yourself you are by no mean ready to do something like that, even more so since HOT release.

Sry man, but this is the truth.

EDIT: Nvm.

(edited by SloRules.3560)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhego.6590

Rhego.6590

What?? Why are we talking about builds lol… I asked which server will be best for finding fights..

in WvW

Gwaihir.1745

If you don’t know the builds yourself you are by no mean ready to do something like that, even more so since HOT release.

Sry man, but this is the truth.

Don’t think lack of builds was ever mentioned.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

pick any of the T1 sever there alway fights if it was myself i pick a T2 sever to avoid insane sever lag

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

What?? Why are we talking about builds lol… I asked which server will be best for finding fights..

You asked for zerg-busting, not zerging. Those are two very different things, and the former depends heavily on the meta. Right now, there is no countering the existing meta with fewer players pretty much regardless of how good you actually are. The professions have been changed in ways where zerg-busting (a build-dependent area of the game) no longer exists, because there’s currently no way to shut down larger groups of players without just having more numbers, because the dominant builds do not have any means of getting shut down.

in WvW

Gwaihir.1745

You asked for zerg-busting, not zerging. Those are two very different things, and the former depends heavily on the meta. Right now, there is no countering the existing meta with fewer players pretty much regardless of how good you actually are. The professions have been changed in ways where zerg-busting (a build-dependent area of the game) no longer exists, because there’s currently no way to shut down larger groups of players without just having more numbers, because the dominant builds do not have any means of getting shut down.

That still was never requested nor brought up. And self supportive teams can still take down larger groups, ZEN on eu I think has some good vids up. Heck me and 2 of my friends mesing around contested an ebg keep and sat on the spawn killing them as they rolled in until around 12-14 guys had showed up. Was fun, messing around in completely off the meta builds but people who know how to play together are still stronger.

in WvW

Posted by: Eyae.6843

Eyae.6843

If you plan on running 20ish with no pugs I’d go t2. I think jq/fa/yb are all paying for transfers right now too.

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

yeah, T2. u cant 20vmap q anymore if the blob has even half good players. to much babysit kitten in the game now, condis boons getting kitten out effortlessly, procs etc etc.
T2 has smaller sized zergs & less skilled players in most cases and the driver snipe meta is not as bad there as other places, mainly t1.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

We’re talking NA here?

What others are trying to say here is if you’re not starting with 18-20 players, you’re not really going to do much zerg-busting unless you plan to hug other guilds.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

That still was never requested nor brought up. And self supportive teams can still take down larger groups, ZEN on eu I think has some good vids up. Heck me and 2 of my friends mesing around contested an ebg keep and sat on the spawn killing them as they rolled in until around 12-14 guys had showed up. Was fun, messing around in completely off the meta builds but people who know how to play together are still stronger.

I gave an answer and got criticized for saying none because the game-state doesn’t allow for what the OP wants right now. Would you lie or give a bad answer to someone who came in asking about a frontline-one-push thief build for T1 zerg fights rather than saying there is none?

Killing 14 unorganized pugs (probably with blob-oriented builds) at spawn is not zerg busting. A zerg these days pushes closer to 30-50 in most tiers in NA.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

I asked which server will be best

go to blackgate, problem solved

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I gave an answer and got criticized for saying none because the game-state doesn’t allow for what the OP wants right now. Would you lie or give a bad answer to someone who came in asking about a frontline-one-push thief build for T1 zerg fights rather than saying there is none?

Killing 14 unorganized pugs (probably with blob-oriented builds) at spawn is not zerg busting. A zerg these days pushes closer to 30-50 in most tiers in NA.

If OP wants to go zerg busting he has to look for a pugmander that has more than 20 players and they have to be bad players.

That should narrow the server and time choices down to a few.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I think it’s very brave of you to keep the dream alive but can’t really recommend a tier. The lag in this game is terrible and for a guild that needs to be 100% on cue it’s going to be rough. A guild like you are planning is going to need to fight a horrible condi meta that needs constant cleansing and communication.

Maybe after the relinkings this Friday, make a decision with your guild on what tier would work for you. Look at the scores in each tier because certain servers will ruin a tier with massive blobs and ppt heros. It’s just not fun……but hey you could be that guild that runs them over and strikes fear into the blob. I have seen very small crews in the past month do some pretty amazing things against big blobs but have zero clue what the builds entail cause I just run solo most of the time.

I say go for it

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

If you are playing on NA, come to HOD since you will get a lot of fights as don’t have many NA guilds, though we do have pugs.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

In all honesty zerg busting is dead on all tiers. Current meta ane builds are so kitten that they favor larger groups over smaller groups. Build diversity is completely gone. WvW needs massive balance patches for zerg busting to return.
First three things I would like thrm to do is
1. Nerf Condition damage back to pre-hot
2. Bring back old school stab get rid of stacks.
3. Nerf damage reductions buffs and traits.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Hello all,

Me and a couple buddies are starting back up a zerg busting guild. Planning on running 18-20 players, guild builds, discord, etc (definitely contact me if interested)

My question, however, is what is the best tier/server for such a guild? Maybe the lowest server of T1 or T2? Somewhere where finding fights won’t be an issue. Let me know what you all think!

As some one said zerg busting is a bit dead since comabts nowadays are ugly as hell, besides bring more peeps with more AOE sou can overwhelm other blob (gw2 is about aoe spam), its all about gimmickness and builds + the more stacked players u have the better.
I would say top t2 or the weakest(population based) server on the t1.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

10v25 with roaming builds count as a Zerg bust? Or just great outmanned?

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Pug 25 or a guild? In T1 guilds run into the 25 numbers and most of them that I’m familiar with aren’t going to go down to a 10-man guild with roaming builds. If you’re talking about NA T3 that’s a different story.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yes there is, they’re called arrow carts.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

go to TC if you want to bust some big zergs

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Pug 25 or a guild? In T1 guilds run into the 25 numbers and most of them that I’m familiar with aren’t going to go down to a 10-man guild with roaming builds. If you’re talking about NA T3 that’s a different story.

T2 pug guild OP

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

SOS is the best server to start to learn, guild vs blob we always go balls deep ,and most good guilds out there starts on this Server once they got the skills ,they will moved to a more populated server or you can stay at sos 4eva we currently at T2 at the moment fighting against T1.5 servers ,we die we fight together win or loose.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

T1 and T2 stay on tag too well. T3 and T4 are prime for “zerg” busting since they are fairly disorganized allowing a smaller group to clean up around a commander first.

As others have noted the game has greatly shifted away from composition and skill to spray and pray with passive defensive builds that do most of the work for the player.

tRex is probably the closest to a remaining zerg busting guild and they use necro bombs to drop 2x to 3x their number.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

SOS is the best server to start to learn, guild vs blob we always go balls deep ,and most good guilds out there starts on this Server once they got the skills ,they will moved to a more populated server or you can stay at sos 4eva we currently at T2 at the moment fighting against T1.5 servers ,we die we fight together win or loose.

The bold section is the only accurate part of your statement. It’s always hilarious to see your whole pug zerg running back and forth trying to pick off roamers. It’s like herding sheep.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Hello all,

To zerg bust, you’re better off rolling smaller rather than larger. Some friends and I do it quite often during prime time. It’s usually between 3 and 6 of us and we pick off the backliners and offsiders until they’ve thinned out enough that we can kite, bait and finish them off.

Large zergs don’t usually pay much attention to a couple players poking their tail while they’re fighting another large zerg or trying to take a structure. Some of them will squirrel off and get killed but that’s about it. It’s not as offensive as being TS co-ordinated with planned bombs and such but it works much better because you only have to worry about a few players at a time. And as a few others here have said, zerg busting doesn’t work super well anymore. I mean if you and your guild are already doing it, great, but then I’d have to ask why you’re looking to transfer.

Anyway I’d say T2 would be the best tier to zerg bust. I’m not sure which server specifically, any of them but JQ, probably. Since JQ is the dominant force in T2, you should want to be fighting them not fighting with them.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

I’d shamelessly say SoS would be a fine place to start at the moment. Lots of pugs for NA and OCX, and for the next few weeks SoS will most likely be moving between Tier 2, 3, and maybe one or two rolls into Tier 4 if we’re unlucky.

This means a lot of variation in the guilds and opposing servers. Tier 3 would be a good place to form up and whet your blades, then Tier 2 would be best to prove your skill.

Tier 1 is a no-no for Zergbusting. Why? Because this isn’t 2013 anymore. In Tier 1, almost all the pugs know the basics, and run in exotics instead of blues and greens that they used to back in the prime days of zergbusting. You’ll almost never be able to take anything more than 2 vs 3 odds in Tier 1. In Tiers 2 and 3, if you’re good and organised enough, 2-to-1 or 5-to-2 odds become feasible.

Hit me up if you need anything ;D

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

nuthug busting is the new game in town. but tiers don’t matter if you NA prime. links give fights all around.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Since this thread seems to have become a “recruit for my server” thread, you should probably wait until after the server relinks occur on Jan. 6th before making any decision because Anet evens out the averaged population of each server when making the links (they claimed for example that CD+DR+DH had more population than BG).

With server links there is much more movement between tiers, especially below T1. It remains to be seen if, for example, Maguuma in T1 doesn’t lose it’s link and fall back down into T2 or JQ gain a link.

The linked servers are usually easier to transfer to because their smaller populations make them a cheaper option and if patterns remain the same, there will be some bandwagon-y type movement within the first two weeks after server linking that will shake tiers out. There also tends to be a lot more activity across all tiers at the start of a new linking period.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

shiri.4257

You can also look at one of those new API scoring websites for tier activity. The past 2weeks are probably not a good indicator of activity but I think they should’ve picked up by now over the weekend. I know a few guilds in t4 started raiding again on new years.

~Kasumei/Machiato

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Since this thread seems to have become a “recruit for my server” thread, you should probably wait until after the server relinks occur on Jan. 6th before making any decision because Anet evens out the averaged population of each server when making the links (they claimed for example that CD+DR+DH had more population than BG).

With server links there is much more movement between tiers, especially below T1. It remains to be seen if, for example, Maguuma in T1 doesn’t lose it’s link and fall back down into T2 or JQ gain a link.

The linked servers are usually easier to transfer to because their smaller populations make them a cheaper option and if patterns remain the same, there will be some bandwagon-y type movement within the first two weeks after server linking that will shake tiers out. There also tends to be a lot more activity across all tiers at the start of a new linking period.

I did say I’m shameless

There are both Pros and Cons of going to a guest server over a host server. In a Guest Server, as Chaba said, its cheaper, and every couple months you get saddled with a brand new matchup (you could go from Tier 4 to Tier 1, for instance). On the other hand, it makes it harder to possibly adjust between tiers (take, for instance CD and its linked servers who haven’t managed to stir from Tier 4) and also to recruit: not many people like to go from a larger server to a smaller server.

IMO, with the current linkings SoS, FA, SBI and DB are all good choices. Alternatively, you might want to wait a couple weeks for the relinkings and then for the dust to settle.

in WvW

shiri.4257

don’t need to stir from t4 if anet keeps funneling servers in and out. no ppt stress and usually 1st/2nd in activity t1/t4. CD is happy as a clam to see diff people every week and just fight in the respective tzs. no need for poop sock raids. The only servers CD hasn’t fought since links is BG/TC. Best thing to ever happen, server links.

Winning servers will always have people out to bust. Makes it easier to find target rich environments.

~Kasumei/Machiato