What's the grand plan with WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Weeks have passed, feedback has been given. Yet Anet is keeping their heads in the sand.
I’m not sure at this point that they even have a clue how to fix the new BLs . Obviously over-enginnered, designed by PvE designers that haven’t got a clue about what the WvW community wants.

On top of that they are unfinished ( missing gliding, mastery jumping etc ) and over abusing mechanics no-one asked for.

Do you find the PvE lazer event in any shape or form fun, Anet? Have you been there to kitten it’s impact on a live evironment? The BL virtually turns into a slideshow and every guilds calls abreak and waits patiently for it to be over.

Auto updates? What use is there to care for a keep/tower if there is 0 effort involved in upgrading it? You disconnected players from WvW objectives…congrats!

These and other countless issues have been brought here over and over again. Every thread on this forum’s first page ( and not only) is about the new WvW impelentation and how it miserably fails.

So Anet…what’s the GRAND PLAN?
What’s the ROADMAP?
What’s next?

Talk to us! Before it’s too late!

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

Hey,

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head tbh, players do just want to know what the kitten is going on and how stuff will be fixed because right now most of us feel like we’ve/we’re getting screwed over and ignored as other areas of the game are getting new stuff whilst WvW is almost on it’s last legs for competitive wise gameplay.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Good luck with that, they haven’t given us any roadmaps in 3 years, and they’re not about to start. They said they will tell us whenever whatever they’re working on is closer for release.

Can’t imagine there’s any work on wvw at the moment with all the hype raids are getting right now, spvp tournaments, and living story probably starting up early next year.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

Just want some kind of communication with WvW players don’t give a kitten what it says just something to know at least they are doing something aka is there a god kitten WvW team in Anet now?

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

There Plan? Is that not obvious?

They slowly kill WvW and hope some player switch to sPvP, so they can do there great ESL eSport thing.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Only playing GW2 when my guild raids in EB (cause I’d miss my guild if I quit). I’m not having fun with the new BL, and the point of gaming is fun. So I agree with the OP – it’d be nice to know if GW2 plans to offer something (or bring back Alpine at least), or if I should leave GW2 for good…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They slowly kill WvW and hope some player switch to sPvP, so they can do there great ESL eSport thing.

Actually, I think they want people on the PvE RaidTrain, round and round it goes… ><

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

pve and raids are fine for people that wanna do that but its just not for me. I like the old mmo’s like archlord where pve is just a means to an end, which should be fighting each other.
what is the point of an mmo if you can’t play against a massive amount of other PEOPLE?

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

It is very obvious that Anet are just holding their breath right now hoping this is just temporary whining because the wvw community is not used to the new maps and the new system.

But I bet they are slowly beginning to see the reality:

That this will now sort it self out.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

It is very obvious that Anet are just holding their breath right now hoping this is just temporary whining because the wvw community is not used to the new maps and the new system.

But I bet they are slowly beginning to see the reality:

That this will now sort it self out.

I also believe that. They probably thought, give it a couple weeks as everyone is in pve land, just like any other pve holiday event that happens wvw usually drops off a couple days.

Unfortunately there’s a combination of things that hit wvw hard, and it doesn’t look like it’s recovering this time. Halloween, expansion release, new wvw map, auto upgrades, elite spec grinds, guildhall mega grind for wvw upgrades and arena which forces you to go pve.

All these things have hurt small group roaming and havoc groups, those numbers are dwindling, the bigger zergs they’re sitting in ebg, they want to fight each other not the environment.

They might have a master plan up their sleeves, but how many wvw players will be around when it finally arrives? Their pride and joy currently is Raids, bet they think they can rope in some of the 5 million players that left wow in the last year with that.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

My guess is development stays booked out for months so they won’t do anything other than minor clean up in WvW for months unless they already had something previously scheduled for WvW.

That is a very typical development mindset and deployment system. Since they are already working on the next thing (likely a big PvE living story or similar PvE content), they have no significant time scheduled for an overhaul to newly released content. I could be wrong but a few decades of development experience tells me that I am likely right.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Pretty much this, it looks like they’re sick of the hardcore WvWers and just want to make it purely casual.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro