What's the sense in PvP/WvW play before 80?

in WvW

Posted by: Burrito.9750

Burrito.9750

So, I decided to jump in to PvP play the other day on my 30 Warrior.

After spending a bit of time there and ranking up, I decided to go to the Rank vendor and see what I could get.

Nothing.

Everything I looked at required that I be level 80 to use it.

So, what’s the sense in even playing in PvP or WvW before 80 if we can’t even acquire things to use unless we are 80?

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

I like springing upon unsuspecting foes and stabbing them in the eyes with my daggers til they be dead.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowCarnage.8319

ShadowCarnage.8319

I enjoy setting many a foe on fire.

in WvW

Posted by: tombo.2984

tombo.2984

The point is to be able to earn enough to buy lvl 80 before you hit 80. I lvled up in WvW, once I hit 80 I had enough karma saved up to buy 4 out of my 6 gold armor pieces. O and btw the karma vender items in WvW do lvl up as you do.

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

I’ve leveled up from 7 to 52 strictly from WvW. Nothing against GW2 PvE, but I can’t stand leveling that way anymore.

That’s enough of a reason for me.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

Posted by: Eki.9841

Eki.9841

I like immobilizing opposing players just as they are about to enter the safety of their fortress, causing their demise.

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

The WvW karma vendors sell blue, green and yellow quality gear for karma in approx 5 level incriments…

As well as drops you get being auto adjusted to your level.

I leveled up probably 70% in WvW from lvl 5 on.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Even when i consider right now useless the lvl 1 people, but at the end you have to admit and think, its just a simple way to lvl up while pvp.

Cant deny it to people, if they want to make a few lvls by wvw is ok, nothing can be done, you must let them be.

Another simple method to gain karma, money, exp, loot, get involved in the world, look for a wvw guild, etc

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Gongke.8576

Gongke.8576

It’s fun. There doesn’t need to be any reason beyond that.

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

Huh?

Well my number one reason would always be for the fun and thrill of battle found in WvWvW.

However, if gear governs your purpose in a game designed to entertain well then you should visit the karma merchant where you will find FINE/EXOTIC gear available that will change at 5 level increments and thus always level appropriate. The gear available progresses as you do all the way to Level 80.

in WvW

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I’ve been doing WvW off and on since about level 10. You can pretty much jump in and out of it, run with some groups, defend something, whatever you want. Although I do feel more useful as I get more traits, I’m not sure that my gear upgrades are making a difference. I still wonder if my level 65 yellow gear is any better than my level 35 yellow gear in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

It’s fun. There doesn’t need to be any reason beyond that.

That pretty much sums it up nicely.

in WvW

Posted by: sylvanari.3951

sylvanari.3951

Total casual player here. I Just leveled to 40 playing mostly in WvW. I have absolutely no clue how I even leveled to where I am now! To tell you the truth, this has been the absolutely best leveling experience I have had in any MMO in over 10 years! Other than unlocking the traits bar I couldn’t care less what level I am !

To answer the OP’s question – I have been playing a thief since day one. In that time I mainly use my Sbow, AOE’n peeps, taking out enemy’s on the wall, dropping down siege weapons and Scorpion Wiring wanna be heroe’s off the castle ledges ! In no way have I felt kittened at lower level or feel like I wasn’t contributing!

I guess I’m old school, I’m perfectly fine scrapping w/o any reward other than whipping that guy off the ledge and dropping the smack down with all around me!! ahhh /cheers!
If your not having fun now w/o any “rewards”…. chances are when your 80 loaded up with “reward” gear you won’t be happy either.

~TATSUMI~80 Asura Thief~ Caedas[CDS]~Sanctum of Rall~

in WvW

Posted by: Suddle D.9412

Suddle D.9412

I’m pretty sure all the gold and Karma you earn can be spent at any level….