What's up with Tier 2?

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I’m in DB. After a year, I’ve started playing wvw again recently for the past two weeks due to my frustration with pvp and leagues. I usually take a stroll on the borderlands and see at most 4-5 people on the map. On EB, even though there’s more people, I can find just 15-20. I’ve only seen a full queue on reset for maybe 1 hour.

However, these past couple days, the population shot up like a rocket! It’s not just reset night, I’m seeing FULL queues everywhere, every night, EB, DBL you name it! Hey, I’m not complaining! :P

I’m just curious. Why the sudden spike, if anyone knows?

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Some salty bad guilds from JQ xfered to TC, is why you see the sudden spike of players in T2.

T1 nothing but salty kids who do this sort of thing all the time.

Hellion

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Most of those “salty bad guilds” are from BG.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I suggest you read the forum its been all over the last day

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

JQ bads got a heads up from someone running their mouth about the update, they xfered off based on that. Arena Net devs need to stop going into special snowflake teamspeaks, you never know who is in your TS/Discord ect and listening.

This game is already going down hill and dying, last thing we need is BS like this.

Hellion

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

It wasn’t just JQ. It was all 3 BG/JQ/YB. I was pretty upset myself that some knew and used it to their advantage (more upset with Anet really), but the TC +5 tick made me feel better.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I don’t feel badly that we (in TC) lost so much to-nite.,since it took both FA and DB to double team us to do it . T.C. ROCKS

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

I don’t feel badly that we (in TC) lost so much to-nite.,since it took both FA and DB to double team us to do it . T.C. ROCKS

LOL chest thumping already after receiving a large transfer in of guilds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Crap players/servers will always be crap players/servers. It’s funny that actually Anet promotes this type of behavior in this already fragile state WvW is in atm. If I didn’t know any better I’d say Anet is actually trying to sabotage their own game mode, but that just doesn’t make any sense at all does it?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

TC rocked before the transfers and now TC rocks more.

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Reaper Alim.4176

And I’m the Grand Master of Space and Time. What every keeps you going. I mean a fantasy is just that, a fantasy. It’s ok to fantasize over things you wish that was true that is not. Some people/groups fantasize over women other fantasize about winning before trying to buy/transfer everyone and their mothers to their server to stack it because they can not win without not only 3 to 1 player ratio in their favor but to also camp under siege with that 3 to 1 player ratio in their favor. Again there is nothing wrong about fantasizing over that which is not true or will never be true.

But at least I admit it!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Mezmere.3241

Mezmere.3241

You can’t blame Anet. TC is open, people can move as they please.
It is the same guilds that got YB to T1. Blame the guilds, not the servers, not anet

BG – [DwT] Death Watch – Guild Leader

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

JTGuevara.9018

Come to think of it, despite this huge influx of guilds that went to TC, we camped them at their EB keep for about an hour last night! I got lots of bags! I even got bags inside the bags!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Reaper Alim.4176

The sad truth is even tho TC now heavily outnumber both us and kitten near non existent FA at the same time by at least 2 to 1 if not 3 to 1 odds throughout most of the day we still keep the score close which is at this moment 171717 us and 175726 TC with at least a 4 to 1 odds.

But as I said before on another WvW thread crap players/servers will always be crap players/servers. In this case the entity in question can’t even P2W their way to Tier 1. I think they need to put more hundreds of IRL dollars into transferring guilds and players to their server to get that T1 spot.

I don’t even feel a bit salty at all but absolutely proud to be one of the most elite severs with actual skill in GW2 that they have to stoop to suck levels of sadness to win. Kept proven me wrong and my friends that I’m trying to convice to try GW2 that is in fact far as WvW fully P2W. Yes this is in fact partly Anet’s fault for having a system that promotes this behavior. I do indeed now have a purpose in now in GW2 again, thank you TC.

Had to edit this to show even tho we have the out numbered buff our PPT is still close
http://imgur.com/yJ6RBqA exhibit A tells the whole story.

But at least I admit it!

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

morrolan.9608

And I’m the Grand Master of Space and Time.

I’m spartacus.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

And I’m the Grand Master of Space and Time.

Hmm. Skeptical. I mean I knew the Grand Master of Space and Time really well a few years ago. That person frequently insisted on not skipping leg day. While this is always good advice how can we be assured of the same quality control?

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

The sad truth is even tho TC now heavily outnumber both us and kitten near non existent FA at the same time by at least 2 to 1 if not 3 to 1 odds throughout most of the day we still keep the score close which is at this moment 171717 us and 175726 TC with at least a 4 to 1 odds.

But as I said before on another WvW thread crap players/servers will always be crap players/servers. In this case the entity in question can’t even P2W their way to Tier 1. I think they need to put more hundreds of IRL dollars into transferring guilds and players to their server to get that T1 spot.

I don’t even feel a bit salty at all but absolutely proud to be one of the most elite severs with actual skill in GW2 that they have to stoop to suck levels of sadness to win. Kept proven me wrong and my friends that I’m trying to convice to try GW2 that is in fact far as WvW fully P2W. Yes this is in fact partly Anet’s fault for having a system that promotes this behavior. I do indeed now have a purpose in now in GW2 again, thank you TC.

Had to edit this to show even tho we have the out numbered buff our PPT is still close

As does the Kill/ death ratio…pretty similar for the Db elite ..bag farmers before the transfers in fact ever since they entered t2…Claims are great unfortunately numbers say otherwise.(0.70 at present this week , but credit though better than usual )

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

As does the Kill/ death ratio…pretty similar for the Db elite ..bag farmers before the transfers in fact ever since they entered t2…Claims are great unfortunately numbers say otherwise.(0.70 at present this week , but credit though better than usual )

kill/death ratio shows 1 thing and 1 thing only.. the biggest BLOB is usually on top

50 vs 20 for hours on end will always have a better kill/death ratio

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

kill/death ratio shows 1 thing and 1 thing only.. the biggest BLOB is usually on top

50 vs 20 for hours on end will always have a better kill/death ratio

..Yet that k/d ratio was lower 0.48 even when DB entered t2 outmanning all maps .

adopting there fancy elite skills .

And remains the same , not to happy about all the short time immigrants either ..but

DB complaining about transfers is hypocrisy 101.

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

JQ bads got a heads up from someone running their mouth about the update, they xfered off based on that. Arena Net devs need to stop going into special snowflake teamspeaks, you never know who is in your TS/Discord ect and listening.

This game is already going down hill and dying, last thing we need is BS like this.

If you were “in the loop” like most of the rest of us, you’d know that the inside scoop went to someone on BG first.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

That is true. TC has always rocked in supplying bags for everyone.

Such good memories of farming you guys. I think Dods was commanding for you guys, dude provided my precursor, thanks again Dods.

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Probably that one girl that always streams GW2 but never seems to play. Can’t remember her name but shes always trying to sell her graphic designs.

Wish I could monetize GW2 like that, sadly no one likes man boobs

If you were “in the loop” like most of the rest of us, you’d know that the inside scoop went to someone on BG first.

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The “kingmakers” as they are known due to the time when they helped push of YB into T1 got “bored” and started transferring around in T1 fighting mostly against YB.

I guess they couldn’t beat the king they helped create so they moved to T2 in order to try again it seems. Problem is some of these guilds are a lot more talk than their walk and some are a bit abrasive. In addition several TC guilds didn’t want them crashing the party so they xferred over to DB.

Good news is at least this week it has generated a lot of interest in T2 creating what I imagine is a pretty solid free-for-all. What would be interesting is to reshuffle T1 and T2 (excluding FA) to see if the new blood in T2 can compete with the relatively stale blood in T1.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

JTGuevara.9018

Yeeaahh! I got like 30 loot bags last night! Thank you TC!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

Wrong… they are from YB.

The BG Super Munster!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

The “kingmakers” as they are known due to the time when they helped push of YB into T1 got “bored” and started transferring around in T1 fighting mostly against YB.

I guess they couldn’t beat the king they helped create so they moved to T2 in order to try again it seems. Problem is some of these guilds are a lot more talk than their walk and some are a bit abrasive. In addition several TC guilds didn’t want them crashing the party so they xferred over to DB.

Excellent analysis. They tried to fight against the PPT, siege humpers they created but couldn’t do it. Now they try to move into another server to try making another king. Problem is, they’ll end up ruining WvW more than the desert borderlands Anet put out.

The BG Super Munster!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Problem is, they’ll end up ruining WvW more than the desert borderlands Anet put out.

They’ll cause over 70% of the WvW population to quit the game in a blink of an eye?

Anyway, we’ve seen this before many times.

1. They’ll push their new home up as far as they can.
  2. Once they can’t move up any further, they’ll make excuses (usually blaming their server), and mass transfer to the next victim.
  3. The server, whose native guilds will have all quit or transferred by then, will be a shell of its former self. It’ll freefall down the rankings as servers it used to dominate delight in beating it down.
  4. Rinse and repeat.

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

JTGuevara.9018

Based on what I’m reading from all of you, there is an alliance of guilds that are manipulating the system in their favor and slowly sinking wvw vs. another alliance of guilds that are trying to stop them. This is the reason for all the current queues/activity. Correct?

If so, then server vs server isn’t much of a factor anymore is it? I haven’t kept up with this stuff in a year-year and a half! I’m just a pvp ex-pat trying to have some fun in this game mode! Somebody correct me if I’m wrong!

What's up with Tier 2?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

@JT – pretty much what you said with speculation that the alliance had/has inside information of what is happening Tuesday prompting their move before hand …… The rebel alliance mostly started with people previously with TC (now on db) that didn’t agree/didn’t want the alliance on TC.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB