What's with the running away?

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I typically roam or small group it up in wvw. What is with 90% of engagements in wvw ending up in opponents running for their life as soon as they get low on HP? Even numbers, outnumbered, etc. It’s ok to die…..

Is it a generation thing? Do us older players that grew up playing Ninja Gaiden or landing the plane in Top Gun accept that games can sometimes be hard and you lose and younger gamers need that instant gratification easy mode? I base that purely on having interns at my work play these stupid games on their phone and saying “oh i need to buy coins to make the game go faster so I can win faster” WHAT!?!?!

I guess it’s sorta ruining the roaming experience for me personally. I get a good fight and as soon as they are low “see ya!” or I get rage whisper “condi expletive” or “zerker expletive”. Appears no matter what gear or build you run you are a “blank expletive”. I guess I like fighting till the end and seeing just how far you can make it outnumbered or experiencing what I did wrong in a fight.

I’m in my 30s…please help this broken hip old man understand gaming today

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

I typically roam or small group it up in wvw. What is with 90% of engagements in wvw ending up in opponents running for their life as soon as they get low on HP? Even numbers, outnumbered, etc. It’s ok to die…..

Is it a generation thing? Do us older players that grew up playing Ninja Gaiden or landing the plane in Top Gun accept that games can sometimes be hard and you lose and younger gamers need that instant gratification easy mode? I base that purely on having interns at my work play these stupid games on their phone and saying “oh i need to buy coins to make the game go faster so I can win faster” WHAT!?!?!

I guess it’s sorta ruining the roaming experience for me personally. I get a good fight and as soon as they are low “see ya!” or I get rage whisper “condi expletive” or “zerker expletive”. Appears no matter what gear or build you run you are a “blank expletive”. I guess I like fighting till the end and seeing just how far you can make it outnumbered or experiencing what I did wrong in a fight.

amazing how you can relate people not wanting to die in WvW to a generational thing, lol

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

You’re old? You’re only in your 30s??? Man, I really feel like an old fart, now….I am 57 and still playing these stupid games.

And yea, it is fine to die…….certainly a lot different than dying in something like Everquest and having to run all the way back out to your death site to recover your gear and points……blech….hated those older mmorpgs with the horrid death penalties.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

wvw is a pvp enabled area.

Over the last 17-20 years playing MMO’s the main difference I have enjoyed between primarily Pvp and primarily Pve players is that PvPers of quality can adapt on the fly.

Play your own game, adapt to how they play theirs. I am a child from 1960 as well, good luck.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Why give someone a free bag? Make them work for it, especially when fighting outnumbered. I spent most of the day screwing with a group of bl defenders that would only engage me when they could gather 4 people (after I killed a few of them 1v1 or 1v2).
I wasn’t going to stand there and let them kill me, I kept doing hit and run attacks, if I started to get low I’d use my superior mobility to reset the fight. I managed to down them multiple times in the 1v4 but couldn’t get a stomp off because the aoe damage was too much and the crazy amount of cc could instantly strip my stability.
I kept myself entertained and kept them to occupied to get anything done or defend against other roamers, and during a couple of the fights 1 or 2 other roamers passed by and we wiped them.

Roaming isn’t dueling. You build differently for each activity. Part of a roaming build is being able to escape a bad situation.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Why give someone a free bag? Make them work for it, especially when fighting outnumbered.

Yeah this and escpecially outnumbered. You want me dead then earn it. Not that an 8v1 deserves anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Points per Kill is a thing again, since what, January? So, those running away are trying to deprive your team from adding extra points to the overall tally. You might think, why does a few points matter? Well, in the current rotation, my server team, SoS, is or at least was, ahead in objectives acquired, but if you look at Maguuma’s total Kills and Kill v Death ratio versus ours, they are eating us alive and that is keeping them ahead. Let me find that link for stats…here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Activity-for-the-week-of-2016-04-30-BG-OP/first#post6147325

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What’s hilarious to me is these guys who try to jump you, attack first, then start to lose and run.

Makes my day.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

You’re old? You’re only in your 30s??? Man, I really feel like an old fart, now….I am 57 and still playing these stupid games.

And yea, it is fine to die…….certainly a lot different than dying in something like Everquest and having to run all the way back out to your death site to recover your gear and points……blech….hated those older mmorpgs with the horrid death penalties.

I hurt my back the other day and it made me feel 85? Sorry sir, didn’t mean to offend

I guess I’d like to see more fighting than running away, just seems strange.

in WvW

Posted by: Windalefall.4321

Windalefall.4321

>Run around in zergtuned/support build, it’s wvw after all
>(optional)Die
>Try to run (back) to the action, tryhard roamers and solo thieves mesmers etc cut you off and do what they can to screw you over and not let you get to your friends
>l2p for months and develop 6th, 7th and 8th sense to telepatically detect killing intent aura (5000radius) from kitten gankers over the internet. Gj you now don’t die to them very often
>watch roamers come to forums to complain how you no longer want to die to them for no godkitten reason and how it’s because you are a little kid

I’m reminded of one particular guy I think it was a dd who used to troll my backline for an hour, glass 1v1 build, only targetting the weakest pugmembers not on teamspeak and stealthing out if anybody turned to help. Commander went afk for 5 minutes so we eventually nail him down with 2-3 guys drop a ram on him and he ragewhispers me about how we are ‘kitten only running in zergs’ and how our server sucks lol.

[Vial of salt][Vial of salt][Vial of salt]

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

so u didnt trait or slot skill to catch ppl who fault is that?

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Lol I saw this title and thought this was a kitten post directed at black gate(seriously all they do is run until the numbers are in their favor). Pleasantly surprised. As other have said make people work for bags. Sometimes you get out sometimes you don’t.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

This happens a lot with hit and run teefs. Can’t 1 shot? RUUUUUUN….

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The lines have been drawn and the bashing between the playstyle of the roamer and the playstyle of the zerglings collide in epic kitten talking of each other. In GW2 both playstyles are pretty brain dead and is not much of a show of a person’s true skill 9 times out of 10 in GW2. The gameplay and the mechanics makes both playstyles easy mode in most situations each of these playstyles would engauge you in.

I wish a ganker in ESO would tried to gank me on the way to my zerg when I’m on my Magicka Templar. I wish a zerg would try to blob me down for free AP in ESO when I’m roaming on my Magicka Nightblade. See the difference in the two games. One game allows one to set up hard counters for different situations and the other well just don’t.

When I do decide to play GW2 I’m mostly a solo roamer on either my cancerous chrono or cancerous druid most of the time. When I’m being a zergling I’m liable to play nearly anything. If some wants to teach me thief I’ll start playing that as well.

Anyways I’m done yall can go back to the kitten talking of each other’s playstyles now.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

And this will not going better with the increase of PPK part for the main score…

in WvW

Teon.5168

I hurt my back the other day and it made me feel 85? Sorry sir, didn’t mean to offend

I guess I’d like to see more fighting than running away, just seems strange.

You didn’t offend me at all. I got a really good chuckle out of your post.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Wanted to share this memory (because that’s what we older folk do).

Just after the server linking old friend and I were in Air Keep trying to defend against a sea of more red names than we’d ever seen before. The outer gates melted (6 rams) then inner (just as quickly) and we retreated to two ACs in the Lords room to do what we could.

And we waited. And waited. Max even went to look for them – they were all standing around outside.

One attacker dodged in, and dodged out. Several seconds later another did the same. then two players cautiously poked their heads in…
By this time we’re killing ourselves with laughter on TS. Having come from a small server where you need to flip stuff as fast as 2 people can (swords attract a player or two to defend) it was comical to see so many players seemingly so scared of us. It could have been because Max plays a kitten HUGE Charr (seriously!), or maybe our guild had a more fierce reputation than we thought…

Needless to say, when they were convinced it wasn’t a trap about 50 people filled the room and neither of us lasted very long.

As I was told by a veteran player – The only way to avoid dying in WvW is to not log in. Live with it.

in WvW

Teon.5168

Wanted to share this memory (because that’s what we older folk do).

Just after the server linking old friend and I were in Air Keep trying to defend against a sea of more red names than we’d ever seen before. The outer gates melted (6 rams) then inner (just as quickly) and we retreated to two ACs in the Lords room to do what we could.

And we waited. And waited. Max even went to look for them – they were all standing around outside.

One attacker dodged in, and dodged out. Several seconds later another did the same. then two players cautiously poked their heads in…
By this time we’re killing ourselves with laughter on TS. Having come from a small server where you need to flip stuff as fast as 2 people can (swords attract a player or two to defend) it was comical to see so many players seemingly so scared of us. It could have been because Max plays a kitten HUGE Charr (seriously!), or maybe our guild had a more fierce reputation than we thought…

Needless to say, when they were convinced it wasn’t a trap about 50 people filled the room and neither of us lasted very long.

As I was told by a veteran player – The only way to avoid dying in WvW is to not log in. Live with it.

LOL!!!! Great post!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I bet OP plays a Condition chronomancer with staff and scepter/torch.

I don’t see anyone running away unless it’s from that build which most people know by now to never engage.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Depends for me, I’m one to stay and fight even if it’s 1v2, though if a 3rd hops in the fight, and I think I have a chance to get away, I will, if not, I’ll try to at least take one with me lol.
Hell, I’ve jumped into outnumbered fights just for the fun of it lol.

Same with small scale and large scale fights, if my side pushes, I fully expect to win or die, but many commanders will pull out if they think even for a second that they might lose. (This bums me out a lot, and I prefer not to follow commanders who do this all the time)
On the other hand, if another zerg gets the jump on us, then, if we can fight, we fight, if not, pull out, reposition, and push back in.

(Kind of why I hate thieves the most, roaming around, attacking, and running away, more often than not, running away, until they can get the advantage again)