What should be added to the Heroics Notary?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Personally I would like to see ascended armor and weapons added, especially the newer gear that is locked behind a PvE grind wall like Viper’s.

Along with this I believe they should make it so Proof of Heroics can only be earned in WvW (not EotM) to encourage new players to try out the game mode.

What else would you like to see added?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’ll take anything, even rare and exotic gears THAT CAN BE MYSTIC FORGED

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Personally I would like to see ascended armor and weapons added, especially the newer gear that is locked behind a PvE grind wall like Viper’s.

Along with this I believe they should make it so Proof of Heroics can only be earned in WvW (not EotM) to encourage new players to try out the game mode.

I agree with ya Puck 100%, wvw only, No eotm karma train. I like the idea of getting gear like viper’s since every you tube video is VIPER VIPER VIPER stats. I just don’t have interest in pve grinding. WvW is my mode.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

HoT sigils and runes. I don’t want to farm Auric Basin for hours to get another set of Durability runes…

Commonly used WvW food and oils. I probably spend about half of the money I earn in WvW on the food I use and regularly see people just not using any.

+1 on it being WvW only, we should start separating WvW and EotM so there’s less incentive to just karmatrain that map for rewards.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Straight up gold yo.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Ascended armor, ascended weapons. Something like 2000(make it 5000 if you want, i dont care, just give me an acctual option to get it) heroic notaries for 1 item. I guess that is comparable to raids,fractals or whereever you acctuly get ascended other than crafting.
Or at least items required for ascended, since HOT, i mean i dont want to grind 25 fulguride in HOT maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

HOT stat combo trinkets

WvW exclusive :^)

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Puck.9612

It would also be nice to see some exclusive skins. Maybe bring back some GW1 skins so the art department doesn’t have to work to hard.

Making these new skins only obtainable in WvW would also encourage more players to come play.

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy Branden.6951

Crazy Branden.6951

I would love to see material bags and the stuff you can get with laurels but use badges and the proofs

and the proof of heroics should not be attainable in EOTM

Leader of Angels of Clarity

in WvW

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

HoT Runes/Sigils, Mistforged Hero skins (since tournaments seem to be done)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Same ascended amulets, accessories and rings you can get from the raid vendor so that WvW players can get the new stat combos.

Make the cost the same number as magnesite shards so they don’t become super easy to get but dedicated WvW players (those that play most evenings) should be able to get one every week or two. Additionally it requires no new items to be generated!

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Priority 1:

HoT stat ascended trinkets, basically what you can get from raids.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talisman_of_Irwyn
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talisman_of_Holt
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talisman_of_Garr
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talisman_of_Manton

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defender's_Energized_Loop
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healer's_Energized_Loop
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assaulter's_Energized_Loop
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malicious_Energized_Loop

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Balm
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Juju
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Talisman
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Ward

see http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel_Merchant_

Priority 2:

HoT stat exotics to armor master (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_Master) and Weaponsmith ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Master_ ).

Priority 3:
Accountbound Runes, since you need 6 of them with the following in particular:
Superior Rune of Leadership = 100 crystalline ores each (crystalline ore are very difficult in get in such large numbers, really this needs a cost decrease even in PvE) —-> or nerf boon duration
Superior Rune of Thorns = 250 airship parts each
Superior Rune of Surging = 250 Leyline crystals each
Superior Rune of Durability = 150 Lump of Aurilium each —--> or just nerf it…

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Puck.9612

Additionally it requires no new items to be generated!

The more I think about it the more I realize WvW does need new, exclusive items.
If Anet really wants to save WvW (which is questionable) they need to introduce items that will draw in new players.
After HoT was released I saw players that exclusively WvW’d go to PvE to grind out the new stats, most of them didn’t enjoy it but it encouraged them to try it out and now several of them occasionally go to the HoT maps to do events and make gold.

It’s the same with SPvP. I personally find it pretty mediocre due to the terrible class balance and the fact that they still don’t have a death match game mode, but I PvP quite often to obtain transmutes.
WvW doesn’t have anything like this. We’ve have the same crappy badge armor and weapons for years. The stats are completely outdated and there is multiple ways to obtain the gear.
Anet needs to introduce gear you can only get in WvW and keep it that way for a minimum of 6 months.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

The more I think about it the more I realize WvW does need new, exclusive items.
If Anet really wants to save WvW (which is questionable) they need to introduce items that will draw in new players.

Anet needs to introduce gear you can only get in WvW and keep it that way for a minimum of 6 months.

Other than gear, we should get a handful of exclusive, have-to-play-WvW-regularly-to-get special infusions similar to the Chak one and the Ghostly thing you get from raids.

People love those infusions so it could be a draw to temp people to be active in WvW for a prolonged time and a nice reward for people that do it already.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Additionally it requires no new items to be generated!

After HoT was released I saw players that exclusively WvW’d go to PvE to grind out the new stats, most of them didn’t enjoy it but it encouraged them to try it out and now several of them occasionally go to the HoT maps to do events and make gold.

It’s the same with SPvP. I personally find it pretty mediocre due to the terrible class balance and the fact that they still don’t have a death match game mode, but I PvP quite often to obtain transmutes.
WvW doesn’t have anything like this. We’ve have the same crappy badge armor and weapons for years. The stats are completely outdated and there is multiple ways to obtain the gear.

While I do agree WvW needs things to draw new people in and certainly more sustainable and rewarding I also realise that time is a precious commodity for devs. I’d rather they spend a week putting in the new stat combos/trinkets from raids to the notary vendor as a first priority then start working on the other stuff you mention.

Bringing a way to get these new stat combos in a way you enjoy in whatever game mode you play should be the priority and it’s something the expansion has spectacularly failed at doing.

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

100% all that HoT stuff: runes, sigils, stat combos, food.

Make it account bound if that helps, I really don’t care so long as I don’t have to play PvE for hours on end just to enjoy something in WvW.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Viper is good because only 1 armor has +15 points than the 3 stat combos, now 6 armor equals with +90 points… now tell me this game has become pay to win/grind to win game? Not to mention the weapons… it’s just sad!
I don’t want easy ascended armors/weapons I just want a balance! In this case there is no balance, 4 stat combos are far superior than 3 stat combos, and that equals with a big problem, the problem is that people are forced to play PvE, spend their gold on weapon smith and armor smith, up to 400 lvl both, and still to get the components, and again lots and lots an lots of gold; this is not normal!
Separate PvE from PvP and WvW already, or make a normal balance, or nerf on 4 stats combos! This is a joke atm!

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

+1 to not having to grind PvE for hours for a stupid recipe.

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

HoT sigils and runes. I don’t want to farm Auric Basin for hours to get another set of Durability runes…

Commonly used WvW food and oils. I probably spend about half of the money I earn in WvW on the food I use and regularly see people just not using any.

+1 on it being WvW only, we should start separating WvW and EotM so there’s less incentive to just karmatrain that map for rewards.

if i could give more than one +1… i totally would. we need actual rewards in wvw, and this is a real good example of things that would actually be useful

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Top priorities for me would be:

- Food which only has effect in WvW; take level 80 recipes, make them require no level, and give them no effect in PvE as to preserve to some extent the values of food economies. This could honestly be a separate NPC altogether with each tab featuring different stats for food selection. One note could yield several pieces of food, as we still need notes for siege. Right now it’s really nice to see all the siege floating around letting poorer commanders lead and followers feel no need to sell the siege/give it to the commander.

- Ascended trinkets/accessory-slot items currently not available with badges but only through PvE guild missions or mass ecto (WvW is highly guild-based to begin with, and getting ranks/notes is faster with a guild/fights/objective flipping).

- HoT-specific recipes, runes and sigils. There’s not really an excuse here.

I have to disagree with ascended weapons/armor because that is already feasible through WvW; I have taken several disciplines to 500 and lost very little gold in the process, and have effectively geared several characters in full ascended gear also only using WvW loot. If loot is buffed slightly to begin with, this won’t be an issue. PvE/sPvP players shouldn’t feel compelled to play WvW for optimal loot/ascended items just as we shouldn’t be compelled to play their format.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

….Priority 3:
Superior Rune of Leadership = 100 crystalline ores each (crystalline ore are very difficult in get in such large numbers, really this needs a cost decrease even in PvE) —-> or nerf boon duration

or how about the sigils… i had to put up with kitten Tangled Depths to get a kitten Sigil of Draining. i want another, but i can’t stomach more of that kitten. i’ll just do without

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

….Priority 3:

or how about the sigils… i had to put up with kitten Tangled Depths to get a kitten Sigil of Draining. i want another, but i can’t stomach more of that kitten. i’ll just do without

Runes are more intensive due to needing 6 of them. Sigils are lower on the priority list especially since “on interrupt” sigils are not widely used.

Also, I think there should be a consideration of new PvP stat sets for the trinkets:

• Paladin’s (Power + Precision , Vitality / Toughness minor stats) —→ ideal for frontline in WvW such as Phanlanx Strength Warriors using Sigil of Strength and Guardians with Empowering Might
  • Mercenary’s (Power + Condition Damage , Vitality / Toughness minor stats) —→ ideal for Condition Necromancers that want to deal extra power-based damage from Reaper’s Shroud
  • Mender’s (Power + Healing Power , Precision/ Vitality minor stats)
  • Sage’s (Power + Condition damage, Healing power / Vitality minor stats)
  • Wanderer’s (Condition damage + Precision, toughness / expertise minor stats) —- naming is confusing since it is not the same as PvE Wanderer’s stats
  • Barbarian (Vitality, Power / Precision minor stats) —- 3 stat
Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Puck.9612

PvE/sPvP players shouldn’t feel compelled to play WvW for optimal loot/ascended items just as we shouldn’t be compelled to play their format.

The gear won’t matter to SPvP players so that is a non issue. But I disagree that PvE players shouldn’t be compelled to come to WvW. It’s been the other way around for 4 years and that is one of the reasons (one of many) that WvW is suffering.

WvW was already in rough shape due to stagnation but then Anet removed guard stacks, nerfed things like condi duration food, and then added armor with better stats (including condi duration) that you could only get in PvE. They also made it so you need to go to PvE to get mats for GH upgrades. They were basically forcing you out of WvW in order to play at a competitive level.

If you give PvE players a reason to come to WvW and spend some time there, some of them might end up enjoying it and sticking around.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I speak strictly from the mindset of PvE/sPvP players who have tried WvW and did not enjoy it (thus the PvE/sPvP distinction instead of PvX), and further, that people shouldn’t feel the need to play a certain format due to an imbalance in rewards. We’ve definitely gotten the short end of the stick, but it’s in ANet’s manifesto that no format should be slighted in such a way, so there’s no justification for them intentionally trying to funnel people into the format who have tried it already and who have no interest in it.

There should be an incentive to try it for the sake of having a fun time and getting competitive rewards, not simply the best rewards. The incentive of beginning to try WvW is already there – mass-scale PvP combat – but retaining players is very difficult, and retention is clearly what is failing due to the overwhelming cost of playing the format with very little personal gain aside from just the sheer experience of playing, which for new players/characters does not enable experimentation with builds or other game systems as to promote character/account growth.

in WvW

Puck.9612

I speak strictly from the mindset of PvE/sPvP players who have tried WvW and did not enjoy it (thus the PvE/sPvP distinction instead of PvX), and further, that people shouldn’t feel the need to play a certain format due to an imbalance in rewards. We’ve definitely gotten the short end of the stick, but it’s in ANet’s manifesto that no format should be slighted in such a way, so there’s no justification for them intentionally trying to funnel people into the format who have tried it already and who have no interest in it.

There should be an incentive to try it for the sake of having a fun time and getting competitive rewards, not simply the best rewards. The incentive of beginning to try WvW is already there – mass-scale PvP combat – but retaining players is very difficult, and retention is clearly what is failing due to the overwhelming cost of playing the format with very little personal gain aside from just the sheer experience of playing, which for new players/characters does not enable experimentation with builds or other game systems as to promote character/account growth.

That would have been a solid argument 4 years ago but WvW has gotten the short end of the stick for far too long. Equal rewards won’t attract new players. We no longer have servers outside of WvW to try and recruit new players, we don’t have server wide chat to try and recruit new players, hell we don’t even have WvW as part of map completion anymore. WvW needs something exclusive to draw people in or it will slowly die to attrition.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Really good idea actually. The Durability set is actually really good but it makes little sense in PvE. Having it for WvW would be amazing.

Nalhadia – Kaineng