What siege would you like to see next?

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Q:

Pact-like Tank? Maybe some form of siege repair suit like the dredge mining suits?

Some form of augmented supply runner we can use ourselves + the yaks? Like the dredge APC (player driven, slow as hell, tougher than yaks)?

Old midevil tactics for siege included digging under the walls of a fortress, and setting fire to the wooden girders/posts that helped hold the stone part of the wall up, making it collapse. Dredge version of this would be COOL!

The major issue is not breaking the already well-balanced siege that already exists, while making a worthwhile addition.

Thoughts?

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: iHaukka.2815

iHaukka.2815

Ladders
Then you can say “I used the ladders” when someone calls you exploiter.

One does simply walk into keeps

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Siege towers would be funny. With a sorta entrance portal that only allows one person to get to the top of the wall at a time with a cd time.
Don’t know how to balance that but would be interesting to see one.
Or maybe ladders, that defenders can push off the walls causing anyone on them double falling damage. Risk vs reward kinda thing. Although unless npc’s could do it too it would make areas with lots of wall space (ie SM) difficult to defend.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

in WvW

Posted by: Metalripper.5406

Metalripper.5406

Flying Airships

in WvW

Posted by: Helathir.3647

Helathir.3647

maby some more skills on existing seige

in WvW

Posted by: geus.1897

geus.1897

Ships War.. and island Keep or tower.

Guild Leader Obsidian Fear
www.obsidianfear.com

in WvW

Posted by: Genocide.4506

Genocide.4506

Those Charr War Machines looks like they can cost 300 supply So I would Like those please

They would be like 20 man transports or something

Blackgate thief :)

(edited by Genocide.4506)

in WvW

Posted by: evildan.8260

evildan.8260

Fixed cannon emplacements.

Takes a lot to set up, limited fire arc, pretty big cooldown, but massive columnar AOE damage in a line in front of it. Good as a greeting when the door goes down or lord’s room defence but takes some organisation to get ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Mines. Spike trap. Teleporters.

Mines. 10 supply. 240 radius. Unlimited targets. 10k damage.
Purpose. anti-golem. Anti-player. holding chokepoints. Ideal for inside doors. Ramps. Lords room.
Not targetable to kill?

Spike trap. similar to mines. but 15supply. 5k damage. Cripple or immobilize.

Teleport trap.
5target max. 40 supply. 240 aoe. build location 1, and port hostile players to location 2 when entering the aoe. 5000ish range.

Teleporter. Siege based mesmser portal. 100 supply to build one side.
Second side is just drop on use. 120s cd on second side. interact with teleporter gives a bundle to drop.
As a building, primary use would be elevators into gar/cliff towers. But still could have use elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

THIS WOULD BE SO COOL.

For real though, this game could easily have a Pirate map with Water and islands. The possibilities are huge with this game.

Also siege towers and sappers would be super cool.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I would like to see some mobile siege. Hell, make a tank that requires a driver and gunner.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

I’ve always thought ladders would be cool – more of a siege tower, than a normal ladder. Different sizes for different wall heights (each taking different amount of materials), but allows players to scale walls. Of course, defenders can attack it and it’s a single-file stream up the ladder, so that could be deadly to whoever is first through the top of the ladder.

Also thought it would be cool to launch flaming arrows with the arrow carts

The ability to build spike traps behind gates would be cool too – trap the zerg momentarily when they first burst through the gates and give the defenders a chance to pick them off

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

in WvW

Posted by: Jaqen.9120

Jaqen.9120

Human cannon ball for mesmers.

in WvW

Posted by: Perdan.1045

Perdan.1045

Kite Bombers. Go fly a kite that can go up and drop bombs, no horizontal movement, just vertical. AE drop bombs.

Sticky Bombs. Build a sticky bomb on the side of walls for massive damage. Takes a while to build, but it can do a decent amount of damage in one shot.

Road Blocks. NPCs get to use them, why can’t we? Low HP, low supply. Take up a small area, but are annoyances.

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Very Big Ladders

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

I feel the thing my rifle warrior really needs is a trench.

Or maybe a sandbag wall.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Siege in WvW is just not complete without:

~Ladders: For invaders to climb, and that defenders can push over. Cheap to buy and cheap to build, but very easy to destroy. Destroyed once pushed over.

~Siege towers: Extremely slow moving, expensive (1 or 2 Gold?), lots of supply required to build, requires multiple players using it to make it move (i.e. pushing it), once it reaches a wall it drops a ramp from the top of it that lands on any section of wall in front of it. Stairs spiraling up the inside used for access.

~Fire braziers: Placed on walls and automatically acts as a Combo Field: Fire to anyone standing close enough to it. Extra damage to wooden targets (siege towers, ladders).

~Throw players into enemy bases using Trebuchets: Yes it sounds ridiculous, but also like a lot of fun. Perhaps they get put into some mini armoured golem dropsuit thing before getting launched, so they don’t just die from the landing impact.

Though, fun and feasible are often not the same thing, and many of the ideas we are having the devs will have already thought of.

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

Hot air balloons – balance it by making it so that if it pops or you jump out, you die no matter what (so people don’t just fly over keeps and jump)

make it cost 2000 supply (cause it would be very easy to destroy enemy sieges with this)

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Supply Camp: Small ship
Tower: Small island
Keep: Large ship
Stonemist: Large island

And the best part would have the ships pilotable. This would be so EPIC

DO IT ANET

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Gaslov.9164

Gaslov.9164

Submarines with cannons.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamaz.9837

Jamaz.9837

Planetary Assault Cannon.

Ehmry Bay – The Shadowmoon

in WvW

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Let’s keep it simple.

Trenches in front of keeps with wooden spikes and caltrops in them.
Murder holes on the ground floor of keeps so you can shoot at people without being on the ramparts.

At the moment keeps are like a prison. They inhibit your combat ability and view without providing much benefit. It’s why so few people bother with siege if they can avoid it.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

It would be epic if being on a wall would help defending. At the moment the Zerg with the most range AoE Wins the Wall fight. So it would be realy epic if the player on the wall had a higher range with there skills as the player on the ground.
Or give us a infantery shield upgrade for Tower and Keeps that put something like the Guardian buble on the Wall for X amount of Dmg and then recharges.

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Ok I don’t have any good ideas as most of my good ideas wile realistic would just be too OP for a games balance. So I give you my joke idea instead.

A giant wooden dolyak. Yep… thats right Because they always let dolyaks in.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

that idea is full of win

in WvW

Posted by: GavinGoodrich.1382

GavinGoodrich.1382

Ok I don’t have any good ideas as most of my good ideas wile realistic would just be too OP for a games balance. So I give you my joke idea instead.

YES!

NomNomNomNomNom
Resident Zerg Idiot
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: enos.1580

enos.1580

I’d like a spotting scope for trebs and mortars. So I can actually see what I’m shooting at. Considering the render distance for players is about 30 feet trying to drop mortar shells on a fight is “Shoot at crossed swords, hope for damage numbers”

—Arakny, 80 Engineer
—Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Xenotor.1350

your are right about that enos. but you can also ask your team for info or your guild / party to scout.

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

I was thinking in more defensive terms, like being able to put up makeshift walls, barbed wire, etc.

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Ladders
Then you can say “I used the ladders” when someone calls you exploiter.

That would actually be kinda cool. Perhaps too useful in ninja’ing undefended keeps/towers however, but a good idea.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

LOL, yeah, this too

{Also, i like the barbed wire idea.}

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I would like to see flaming seige, which was very popular. A cata and a treb both used lit ammo which it fired onto castle during seiges

in WvW

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Airships

Make air superiority a part of the game

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in WvW

Posted by: bllius.9027

bllius.9027

Giant catapults to launch siege golems

in WvW

Posted by: Xenos.1072

Xenos.1072

Id like to see some basic stuff, first would be letting me MOVE siege weapons, as well as taking them apart again. Now this would be restricted to the person that places it, otherwise randoms could just drive off with your arrow cart, or take it apart. Being able to repair is quite ideal too.

Cannons would be cool, some of the other tech we see like the various cannons the Hylecks have, or the various Asura teck lighting weapons, Syvari vine mortars. I like the idea of racial themed weapons, not restricted to one race, but just different flavor. The Char tanks could be cool too. Id like to be able to place Mortars too.. the in game ones are often in poor places.

That said i cant say i much like the cannon upgrades on keeps either.. the weapons are just poorly placed. Cannons in easy to destroy places, Mortars on the outer wall where they can easily be destroyed AND they cant hit anything on the wall, making them useless for defending the keep itself usually. Would be nice if either these weapons were better placed, or removed all together and replaced with something else more passive, like the fire braziers one fellow mentioned, or a trench with spikes in it.. or something like that. Then change the Cannons and Mortars over to normal player built siege.

Someone above said road blocks, ya, blockades would be great, they would not be to strong obviously, but not to easy to destroy either. Ideally these would serve as a speed bump or a way to funnel the enemy into a tight space within a valley or something.

Another idea for player built walls is something of a outpost or fortress. What im picturing is a group setting up a series of blockades like a fort out in the field, with a few choke points to funnel people, where there could be a series of Ballista to take advantage of them being grouped.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’d rather see them fix the issues and bugs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

An underwater ram for the the underwater grates. As is you have no alternatives but to chip at them with standard attacks.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Grond.

200 supply.

in WvW

Posted by: DaRkSnIpErZ.8739

DaRkSnIpErZ.8739

Flying Airships

You, pleasant sir…ARE A GENIUS!

Zak Rifleman ~ Asuran Engineer Level 80
Magnosity ~ Asuran Warrior Level 30

in WvW

Posted by: AvivKing.5863

AvivKing.5863

*if there is air ship ! we need also some AA turrets and flak cannons !
*ledders no thx – still need to deal with mesmer that hidding

what would be cool is if u can actually move the siege like cata and balistra that have wheels !

in WvW

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Mines and cannons.

Possibly movable catapults/balistae that move slowly and cost double supply.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

This would probably be completely overpowered, but I would love to see the return of siege turtles from GW1. They would probably be used as moving catapults.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I’d like to see Keep type Mortars for sale.

(And replace Engineer Mortar with something else- completely worthless)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Mines and cannons.

Possibly movable catapults/balistae that move slowly and cost double supply.

Or Floating Siege…

in WvW

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

I was thinking siege towers that have to be built at a supply camp and rolled to a keep by groups of players.

I like the idea of mobile canons, airships, and pact tanks but I do not think they would work with the current WvW maps.

Same goes for the turtles.

But maybe we can get them in an expansion or a new WvW zone if they are ever added.

Adding in airships that attack / drop players from above, or tanks and airships that can operate as mobile siege platforms could add a lot to the metagame of an individual map.

Especially if releasing an airship completely drained a keep of it’s supply or cost full supply to build.

I mean there would be tactics to defend against the airship, as well as risk versus reward. If your keep is out of supply it is vulnerable. So if your attacked while the airship is away it could cost you your keep.

Airships, ships, and tanks could easily be part of a new map. Picture 3 keeps in a triangle like like on EB but with mountains and a large lake / bay separating them. There would be land paths and islands along the way, but arranged to favor more open battles. Have the tanks and ships be slow moving between the keeps so you can get ship / tank battles often.

They could be unlocked as upgrades at the keeps, with the final being the airships that take you directly to an enemy keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceelaniri.8410

Ceelaniri.8410

the charr sniper rifle on tripod.

less ressources required but lower hp than ballista and perhaps slower speed.

Desdaemon Frag
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

Siege devourers. Like a slightly cheaper golem.

Players build a big thumper device that calls up a siege devourer. A player then can grab a ’leash’ object from the thumper once the big bug is summoned. The player holding the leash cannot attack or use any abilities but the devourer follows them, attacking any hostiles or damageable constructions near the leash holder (including wild mobs). The person who placed the thumper can take the leash from whoever is holding it by either walking up to that person and hitting ’use’ or going back to the thumper to get a new leash (when that happens the devourer digs to the new owner).

Whoever is holding the leash can plant it down on the ground allowing the leash holder to attack as normal. The devourer will attack anything in the area, and the leash cannot be picked up again until the devourer has no targets in aggro range. The leash holder can also throw the leash at a construction (not players or mobs) and the devourer will attack that target above all others, again the leash will not be retrievable until the designated target is destroyed. If necessary the devourer can burrow past walls to reach their target to prevent it being held up by getting forced to target something it can’t easily reach.

If the devourer is killed the leash and thumper are destroyed. If the thumper is destroyed the devourer leaves. Forcing the users to leave a force behind to defend the thumper. And allow teams that spot the thumper under construction the chance to hit that, instead of the massed zerg likely accompanying the devourer.

In theory this would give a cheaper but less controllable(the creature ultimately has it’s own AI) and slower to travel (all those mobs between sites) alternative to a siege golem.

Second idea:
Packheart upgrade for supply camps, replacing the dolyak with a Silvari packheart more capable of defending itself. Like a second caravan guard upgrade.

(edited by Greiger.7092)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeffy The Bear.1560

Jeffy The Bear.1560

Mini arrow carts that do less damage and are easier to destroy, but they can be carried around and need to be placed before firing.

in WvW

Posted by: Xorn.6079

Xorn.6079

Introduce 2 types of sieges, which is mobile and immobile. For example, mobile rams, catapult, and balista.

Character : Xorn Crossfire (Engineer)
Guild : Organization Zero (Zero)
World : Crystal Desert

in WvW

Xenotor.1350

I was thinking siege towers that have to be built at a supply camp and rolled to a keep by groups of players.

I like the idea of mobile canons, airships, and pact tanks but I do not think they would work with the current WvW maps.

Same goes for the turtles.

But maybe we can get them in an expansion or a new WvW zone if they are ever added.

Adding in airships that attack / drop players from above, or tanks and airships that can operate as mobile siege platforms could add a lot to the metagame of an individual map.

Especially if releasing an airship completely drained a keep of it’s supply or cost full supply to build.

I mean there would be tactics to defend against the airship, as well as risk versus reward. If your keep is out of supply it is vulnerable. So if your attacked while the airship is away it could cost you your keep.

Airships, ships, and tanks could easily be part of a new map. Picture 3 keeps in a triangle like like on EB but with mountains and a large lake / bay separating them. There would be land paths and islands along the way, but arranged to favor more open battles. Have the tanks and ships be slow moving between the keeps so you can get ship / tank battles often.

They could be unlocked as upgrades at the keeps, with the final being the airships that take you directly to an enemy keep.

i can just sign this +1