What skills can do this?

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Heya!

So a few min ago I was running around in wvw and at the last second before it happens, I notice this subtle blue light on the ground.

All of a sudden there is a explosion and I am knocked down, hit by big physical damage, hit with bleeds, poison, immobilize, and something else i don’t remember. All at once. I go down fast and then am stomped. I did not see the person due to them being in stealth.

I checked my combat log to see what could do that and there is literally nothing listed. None of the physical or condi damage is there. There is no trace that I was even attacked.

So I just wanted to ask what skills could do that? I assume it had to be a thief or ranger since I think it was a trap or multiple traps I ran into.

Why would nothing show up in the combat log?

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Could have been a ghost thief or a trapper ranger. Either is capable of killing you from stealth without being seen if they do it right. I prefer doing it on ranger. I’ll plant my traps in a place where i know has heavy traffic and just wait just out of sight like a spider. Then stealth and come in and stomp my prey.

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Well ranger is most known for their knockdown trap, and I dont think ghost thief can make an an explosion. Blue colour would indicate it was a DH with doom sigil though, but DH can get max 10s stealth with runes of trapper, and would be out of stealth after stomp.

You wont get data from stealthed enemies in the combat log because then you could hit around and deduce where stealth enemies are just by seeing you hit someone in the combat log.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Did you see flames and snakes moving around all over the place? Ranger traps are kinda flashy. If it was a thief you would be knocked down, but wouldnt really see anything at all. Thief condi doesnt really have any animations on it that you can see aside from the little circles on the ground when they drop caltrops.

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Could be they were traps from more than one person/class, but only one of them stuck around to stomp any hapless victim who stepped in them.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Could be they were traps from more than one person/class, but only one of them stuck around to stomp any hapless victim who stepped in them.

New toxic meta ? trapper gank squads of DH+thief+rangers ? Oh boy :p I can’t wait!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I was thinking this too.
Big physical damage wouldn’t be a thief or ranger trap, unless you got longbow comboed? (But that’d definitely show in combat log)
The explosion bit is the most confusing for me, there’s ranger flame trap (but you didn’t mention burning), how do engineer minefields look to enemies? Maybe a dragonhunter trap that can look explosive when all other particle effects are added on top of it?

edit Oh maybe the thief didn’t even stick around to stomp, and it was actually just that the teleport to target trap was one of the many traps placed.

(edited by Rashagar.8349)

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

joneirikb.7506, actually im waitting for groups of 10-15 stealth thiefs or more lol, u cant beat what u dont see.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Zavve.8205

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the only thing I had seen was the tiny blue light on the ground for a quick second. It was not noticeable enough for me to see it until I was close.

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Zavve.8205

maybe the blue light was from a DH? Don’t they have that when they have aegis?

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

The DH Laying traps has a blueish white animation and Dragaons Maw can be considered and explosion I guess or a sigil of Flame Proc on the trap activation?

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Most likely a stack of DH and Ranger traps. I have been instantly downed by a stack of Dragonhunter traps before and there was no damage recorded in the combat log and no DH around to stomp me. I could only tell that it was traps because I saw the blue glow of the traps after I had gone down.

Gandara

What skills can do this?

in WvW

Zavve.8205

yikes… so it was dh traps mixed in with either ranger or thief traps.

That is pretty scary