What times does WvW close?

in WvW

Posted by: Hushy.9530

Hushy.9530

Hearing different things about when WvW shuts down pre HoT.

Some are saying it should have went down this morning and some are saying it goes down tonight. Does anyone know the right answer?

Also am i correct in assuming it wont be back up until reset on Saturday?

Cheers

Guild Leader – Eternal Riot [ER]

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

A specific time was not stated but WvW will be back up w/new maps @ 12:01PST tomorrow when HoT is released.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

It comes back up when hot opens. But then it resets again on saturday. As the poster above said they did not say when it will come down. But i would assume it will be when they take the servers down for hot. Since this week counts for nothing.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

“Thursday Morning” kinda vague but a bit before HoT launches, probably so they can get them up and running for the expansion. Also there is no conformation that WvW will be open on HoT launch it’s just kinda assumed.

This is the only official information:

“On the morning of Thursday, October 22nd, WvW will be terminating without completing or updating Glicko ratings as normal. This will be the end of the classic (“Alpine”) Borderlands maps for the foreseeable future.”

“At the moment Heart of Thorns content becomes available, WvW will prepare its maps. Including the new Desert Borderlands map. There’s no guarantee the matchups from earlier in the week will be the same as the new ones (or that they’ll be different).”

“The new round will run until the new reset times on Saturday, then end and update Glicko ratings. After it comes up again, WvW will be running as “normal” except for the changed reset times and the new Desert Borderlands.”

Souce

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

WvW went down about 10mins ago on NSP, so I’m assuming its down for good.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Hushy.9530

“Thursday Morning” kinda vague but a bit before HoT launches, probably so they can get them up and running for the expansion. Also there is no conformation that WvW will be open on HoT launch it’s just kinda assumed.

This is the only official information:

“On the morning of Thursday, October 22nd, WvW will be terminating without completing or updating Glicko ratings as normal. This will be the end of the classic (“Alpine”) Borderlands maps for the foreseeable future.”

“At the moment Heart of Thorns content becomes available, WvW will prepare its maps. Including the new Desert Borderlands map. There’s no guarantee the matchups from earlier in the week will be the same as the new ones (or that they’ll be different).”

“The new round will run until the new reset times on Saturday, then end and update Glicko ratings. After it comes up again, WvW will be running as “normal” except for the changed reset times and the new Desert Borderlands.”

Souce

Clears things up ^^

Thanks o7

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Wow how did I get this time wrong? We were going to have one last tour of the cat room tonight.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

kitten! and it now i cant even make more catapaults with my influence…

in WvW

Hushy.9530

kitten! and it now i cant even make more catapaults with my influence…

As long as you can queue them they will auto complete and add to your guild storage after launch :P

in WvW

Posted by: LadyNyah.7385

LadyNyah.7385

Shoot, and I still needed to finish Sapphire and Garnet Sanctums for my JP achievement. I wonder if the new maps will have JP’s on them that meet that requirement?

Necromancer Barbie, at your Service!
CSO (Chief Shenanigans Officer), Legion of the Crusaders [OWN]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Shoot, and I still needed to finish Sapphire and Garnet Sanctums for my JP achievement. I wonder if the new maps will have JP’s on them that meet that requirement?

NO!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

RIP new guild members who had never been to the cat room.

Apparently I’m not the only one who got the time wrong.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Chaba, there was no specific time stated, just “Thursday morning”.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Nope DEV confirmed.

Source

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Chaba.5410

For some reason I thought “midnight” Oct 22nd meant tonight.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Maelstrazza.6750

Maelstrazza.6750

What I know is, that as of right now CST US, it is closed.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Dang I need my fix quick.. Only been a few hours and I’m going through withdraws.. :P

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

For those people that are in game right now, or can get in game… the Alpine maps are closed but how about k-train city aka EotM, did that one also shut down? (if so why, as far as I know EotM is not getting a new map is it?)
I hope not, but it sounds like later today will be a sad sad evening with nothing to kill.

in WvW

briggah.7910

For those people that are in game right now, or can get in game… the Alpine maps are closed but how about k-train city aka EotM, did that one also shut down? (if so why, as far as I know EotM is not getting a new map is it?)
I hope not, but it sounds like later today will be a sad sad evening with nothing to kill.

WVW undergoing maintenance. Including EoTM.. I been in pvp most of day.

Player Vs Everyone

in WvW

Posted by: CaptainCaveman.7348

CaptainCaveman.7348

WVW undergoing maintenance. Including EoTM.. I been in pvp most of day.

TY for the info and …..

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Dang I need my fix quick.. Only been a few hours and I’m going through withdraws.. :P

God, I feel you… WvW is at least 4 – 5k of my 7k hours in Gw2… I was doing some dungeons for like an hour or two… Got bored of that… Mystic flushed some karma gear for linen… Got bored of that real fast… Sold some things and reorganized my bank and character inventories… I’ll come back when WvW is back up, lol. Nothing else keeps my attention like WvW does ):

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

While WvW has been down, I got a bunch of hero points on a couple of my characters and solo’d Sorrow’s Embrace story mode with a full Magi Ranger. Now I have TWO dungeon reward tracks unlocked, hooray.

in WvW

briggah.7910

God, I feel you… WvW is at least 4 – 5k of my 7k hours in Gw2… I was doing some dungeons for like an hour or two… Got bored of that… Mystic flushed some karma gear for linen… Got bored of that real fast… Sold some things and reorganized my bank and character inventories… I’ll come back when WvW is back up, lol. Nothing else keeps my attention like WvW does ):

Hehe Last time wvw was down for some time was when EoTM first came out .. I sat by the portal in LA for few hours just waiting with tons of other players haha

I actually ran through half of my personal story on an alt but that got boring so now just in pvp since I need to kill players

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)