What would happen if stab was a blastable

in WvW

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Kinda getting sick and tired of guardians owning the rites to group stab. If say make stability accessible via blasts finishers. That would shake things up a bit? I say via lightning field or something

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No, make thieves usable by making smoke fields blast stab instead.

What? Surely no thief would complain.

in WvW

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

IM down. just make this a thing

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think zerging would get worse tbh. i like the idea but numbers would be AUTO win mode worse than they are now.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshhh.2076

Joshhh.2076

Hammer Guardians have a 5 second blast finisher so they’ll still be the main providers of stability.

Gandaran.

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Hammer Guardians have a 5 second blast finisher so they’ll still be the main providers of stability.

False.

Thief SB2 can spam blast finishers once per second until they run out of initiative. not to mention three dodges worth of blast finishers from daredevil on top of that if their aim is good. If their own fields combo’d in to stability they would be kings of aoe stability.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

False.

Thief SB2 can spam blast finishers once per second until they run out of initiative. not to mention three dodges worth of blast finishers from daredevil on top of that if their aim is good. If their own fields combo’d in to stability they would be kings of aoe stability.

The dodge finisher is a leap, not a blast.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Kinda getting sick and tired of guardians owning the rites to group stab. If say make stability accessible via blasts finishers. That would shake things up a bit? I say via lightning field or something

That sounds like a very good idea, in particular, I would look at engis, rangers and thieves for this.

Balancing would be tricky, it would have to be done so thieves/daredevils can’t use it in conjunction with perma dodge or perma stealth, engis/scrappers …. wow I don’t even know how I would limit engis, and druids should not be able to use it while running full raid sustain builds. Only place that I don’t think would hurt anything is vanilla ranger specs.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

False.

Woops, you’re right. Point still stands about Sb2 though.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in WvW

Waffle.3748

False.

Woops, you’re right. Point still stands about Sb2 though.

Problem is if Lightning Field finishers went to stab that cuts out a lot of AoE swiftness application and shoves you toward getting Heralds for group swiftness. And if smoke field finishers went to stab that can cut out a lot of use thieves have in groups with stealth opens and pushes Scrappers who can stealth groups without fields.

In addition, thieves are really squishy and a lot of the time you want stab you need to either move through control effects/damage or break out of it, both of which will often end up with a dead thief if you stand around to blast fields.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And if smoke field finishers went to stab that can cut out a lot of use thieves have in groups with stealth

Oh that sounds so bad! Thieves not being able to use smoke fields for stealth? I never once thought about that horrific consequence when I suggested it above. Now you made me feel bad for thinking about it. Those poor dagger/pistol thieves. Truly, it would be so sad. No really. I mean it. The humanity. Someone please think of the children.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

In order to make something like this possible they would most likely need to implement a new combo field, for example an Earth Field which could be blasted for 3 seconds of aoe stab, something like that. And I am not sure such a thing would be a good addition.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Waffle.3748

And if smoke field finishers went to stab that can cut out a lot of use thieves have in groups with stealth

Oh that sounds so bad! Thieves not being able to use smoke fields for stealth? I never once thought about that horrific consequence when I suggested it above. Now you made me feel bad for thinking about it. Those poor dagger/pistol thieves. Truly, it would be so sad. No really. I mean it. The humanity. Someone please think of the children.

Been to the beach recently? You seem to have a lot of sand stuck in some unsavory areas.

You seem to have played the game before, so surely you know stealth is one of the main ways besides evades thieves manage to survive. If you make them run with the frontline to blast stab (which is always taking heat from random aoes) you put them in a really bad spot, unless you have a tank thief and even then why not just throw another guardian in instead for efficiency. Even if you stood off 1200 range to blast stab and push, by the time you get halfway there it would have fallen off. If you need stab to move out of a bomb, it needs to be instant and not take 3s to blast and get everyone killed trying to do so, which means using Guardians (which leaves thieves exactly where they were before).

Moving to small groups, stealth opens are very commonplace. Removing the thief’s ability to get a group stealthed up rips away one of the only group utilities they have. It pushes them further away from the meta since you’d need a scrapper to stealth without fields (or a shadow refuge which is best saved for downs) and scrappers generally destroy thieves.

in WvW

Waffle.3748

In order to make something like this possible they would most likely need to implement a new combo field, for example an Earth Field which could be blasted for 3 seconds of aoe stab, something like that. And I am not sure such a thing would be a good addition.

I wouldn’t be opposed to having stab as a blastable, but I’m not sure what skills you would change to be an Earth Field (or whatever name they went with in your example). Maybe the Rock Wall on ele staff?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I wouldn’t be opposed to having stab as a blastable, but I’m not sure what skills you would change to be an Earth Field (or whatever name they went with in your example). Maybe the Rock Wall on ele staff?

There are a couple that come to mind, it would have to be limited if it produced something like an aoe stability effect. Definitely Unsteady Ground could be one, Eruption could also be changed, but its also a blast finisher so probably better its kept that way. Earthquake or Churning Earth can be changed to become an Earth field while the other stays as a blast finisher. Dust Storm another one. Overload Earth as well.

For Rangers, Vine Surge, Muddy Terrain, Quicksand (Stone Spirit), Entangle.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<