What would you buy with gems?

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

WvW players point of view/ideas thread.

GW2 makes money with gem sales. I would bet that wvw players are the lest profitable playerbase for them. Outside of transferring servers, what would you be willing to spend money on in the gem store as a wvw player? More armor skins? Toys? Boosters? Minis? Finishers?

I can’t think of one thing I would spend any money on. Maybe an armor skin?

Let’s get/give anet some ideas on what wvw players would like to see. If wvw made anet more money, they might listen to our community a bit more. Let’s face it, wvw players are a Different breed. I have no need for an unlimited gathering tool, or a flute, or town clothes. Toss out some ideas here. Let’s hear them.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

I’ve already bought a finisher, the SAB one. Besides finishers idk… maybe guild emblems or something? There’s not really a whole lot of them. End up seeing a lot of the same ones in WvW. Biggest problem my guild had with emblems was most of them were almost invisible on guild armor. There’s only a few that really look great, because of bold/thick lines that make them stand out.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Transferring servers is big money for them. Thus they invented Leagues and introduced Bloodlust to sell more gems as people would be desperate to get out of a bad situation.

A lot of WvWers also bought gems to buy siege, food, bomb finishers and transmute stones. They are on average just as profitable as PVE players.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Not WvW related but if they could make some decent looking medium armor, is probably buy that.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Transferring servers is big money for them. Thus they invented Leagues and introduced Bloodlust to sell more gems as people would be desperate to get out of a bad situation.

A lot of WvWers also bought gems to buy siege, food, bomb finishers and transmute stones. They are on average just as profitable as PVE players.

Are you planning on answering the question or just going to post your opinion on leagues and not come back? Either one works for me.

1 for armor skin
1 for a guild emblem idea.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

A finisher that spikes enemies with your guild banner.

Guild back cover skins. I know they have two designs now that are available for guild earned rewards but I’m thinking of something that displays the emblem and has dyeable non emblem portions. A guild displaying back item skin worth paying gems for, so something very nice indeed.

Armour capable of displaying guild designs that is more detailed than the current offerings outside the tp.

I really like the suggestion of more options for guild emblems. Maybe something like an emblem expansion pack that adds a number of new design options and colors to choose from.

A warhorn skin with a wide array of sound effects, perhaps even snippets of songs from in game, which you can select from a menu out of combat to play for each skill. (I really loved the sab one with its unique sound effects) This might be more of a PvE appeal item but I really enjoy the sound of warhorns in a battle and variety can be fun.

A GvG arena. Not quite the same as Spvp build your own arena but similar in that you can create/rent a space to arrange for GvG matches that allow for enough members on each team to make it really something. Pvp would be handled as it is in WvW as per mechanics but with the option to turn off certain things such as the use of food buffs if desired, use of ascended weapons or items, ambient creatures/mercenaries and so on. Select from portions of maps that exist in WvW such as utterly open field terrain, two towers with a camp between them, bloodlust ruin areas (with or without the buff, you decide), Obsidian Sanctum and so on to allow for customization of the combat field.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

in WvW

Posted by: Noah Blackheart.1904

Noah Blackheart.1904

New Armor Skin, but I think that’s welcomed in any game type so long as people care about appearances. Along with that I would like to have a “skin bag” once an item has been put into the skin bag you can use that item’s skin forever, maybe have a small fee to go with that transmute each time (gold fee not gems). Currently I hate having to go the round-about way of changing my armor and usually only have one armor skin per build, it would eat up so much space in my inventory if I kept a skin/stat combo set for each skin I liked. Now that they are able to allow us to have infinite weapon skins for the achievement weapons I think they could look into working on a skin bag. I’d definitely pay out of the kitten for one too.

Oh yeah, probably a WVW rank point reset, pretty sure that would make some people happy, and of course It’ll add in the droves of people who will whine and cry about how Anet is trying to make money…

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

A new Dev Team

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A new Dev Team

I’d pay for this.

On topic:

• More finishers
  • Siege weapon skins
  • Tower/Camp skins for when your guild claims them.
  • Gate skins/Wall skins/cannon skins/burning oil skins for when you upgrade a tower.
  • Dolyak skins/sentry skins for when you upgrade a camp
  • WXP
  • Ascended weapons

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

Wxp point reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I would buy 50% less skill lag booster.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

A new Dev Team

Great minds think alike, but i wouldn’t say “new” i would just say Dev team.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: digitz.2701

digitz.2701

I grew tired of running out of basic salvage kits all the time so I bought one of those Salvage-o-Matic thingies recently and I totally love it.

Other than that I would definitely spend gems on armour and weapons skins, but they’d have to be pretty awesome. The stuff they sell now, especially light armour skins, is just not worth it IMO. Finishers I don’t really care about…

Lumi
Seafarer’s Rest Dimond Slacker [AR]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

A new Dev Team

Great minds think alike, but i wouldn’t say “new” i would just say Dev team.

LOL XD

in WvW

Posted by: canadez.5328

canadez.5328

The first 8 months or so i bought gems with real cash. And i bought everything a PVE player bought too. Transmutation Stones, chests, dye packs whatever everything what a PvE player bought and i only did WvW. After i realized that anet treats WvW just like gimmick mode i stopped spending cash. Gold→gem transfer only.

So i think you ask the wrong question. You should rather ask why people don’t spend real cash on the gemstore.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

i really don’t understand why anet limits their fashion line to lions arch – I’d be a very happy steampunk midget in wvw otherwise. Fashion is very important in wvw

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

A person to actually work on useful WvW ideas.. Or can I not buy people?

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

A person to actually work on useful WvW ideas.. Or can I not buy people?

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Permanent instant trait reset for a non insane price also perm repair gem for an non insane price.

Besides that more finishers, armor or weapon skins if they add any cool ones. Another finisher if they add some cooler ones. I want the SAB boom box now that you can use in WvW but it’s gone.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]