What wvwers would buy with gems

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Let’s give anet some ideas on what wvwers would spend gems on so the potential revenue increase creates an incentive for anet to give wvw more attention.

I’d go out and buy gems in a heartbeat for a programmable inventory manager. I want a little elf that sits in my bags and automatically:
1) salvages all my white, blue and green loot and sends the mats to my materials bank
2) uses all my luck so i don’t have to waste time clicking it. Seriously, why can’t luck just get auto-looted like gold or karma
3) opens loot bags
4) sells junk to merchants

I’d also drop cash for extra bag space used exclusively for siege that would be shared by all my characters.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Perhaps you should change the title to “What I would buy with gems as a WvW player” or something. Because your ideas sure do not represent what I want.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’d also drop cash for extra bag space used exclusively for siege that would be shared by all my characters.

This but it needs to share food/utility buffs and the tricks and traps like disablers.

Honestly though, I’d probably consider buying some of their toys if they weren’t disabled in WvW.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Let’s give anet some ideas on what wvwers would spend gems on so the potential revenue increase creates an incentive for anet to give wvw more attention.

I’d go out and buy gems in a heartbeat for a programmable inventory manager. I want a little elf that sits in my bags and automatically:
1) salvages all my white, blue and green loot and sends the mats to my materials bank
2) uses all my luck so i don’t have to waste time clicking it. Seriously, why can’t luck just get auto-looted like gold or karma
3) opens loot bags

I really don’t even begin to see how game mode even matters when talking gem purchase. No matter if I play pve, pvp or wvw purchasing a skin, more space, conveniences or what else is relevant and possibly interresting. What is it with this myth that WvW is not worth investing in because it doesn’t sell gems?

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I really don’t even begin to see how game mode even matters when talking gem purchase. No matter if I play pve, pvp or wvw purchasing a skin, more space, conveniences or what else is relevant and possibly interresting. What is it with this myth that WvW is not worth investing in because it doesn’t sell gems?

This is so true. There are WvW booster, etc. that can be used. Buying wrenches and food, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

…stuff anet then bans us from using in WvW!!1

I bought the waterballoons to use in WvW, only to find out I cannot use them! Big waste of gems on an item I cannot use much thanks to their shoddy coding!

Typical anet simply blocking you from using it rather than fix the issues it can create!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Endless Ascalonian Mages Tonic

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I would like minis that are NOT visible to enemy players. The current situation prevents me from bothering with them at all, because I cannot use them during wvw, which is most of my playtime anyways.

Though personally, I think some of OP’s ideas should be made baseline to the game regardless.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

@Osu:

I’m shocked most of those are still in the game by design. It is just tedious to handle all the green/blues etc, and all the spikes you got to hand off to the merchants.

Either they should give us some options to automate that as you suggested, or just have them do most of that automatically.

Or, they should just stop giving us blue and green items etc, and instead just give us mats, silver etc. So we don’t have to sit there and get RSI for cleaning up our inventory.

That, and give us the option to auto deposit all mats to bank all the time without having to push buttons.

The current bag system is a relic of the past.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

Love the post because lets face it you’re right haha

in WvW

Osu.6307

Perhaps you should change the title to “What I would buy with gems as a WvW player” or something. Because your ideas sure do not represent what I want.

Well what do you want? Other than to complain about my vague-due-to-the-45-character-limit thread title.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

Why do people forget how much WvW players pay for transfers specially due to the tournaments that were conducted. so many people used gems to transfer around. that is in itself enough for anything around. Every other format of the game got some progression. Fractals is end game for dungeon players and will keep expanding with new fracs. Raids will get added with next LS. LS worlds initself will be added as new content. PVP leagues to renew challenge for PvP players. Stronghold for PvP players. And all WvW got is a replacement. old map replaced with EotM 2.0. As if Anet believes EoTM was successful. A few siege additions and its related masteries do not cut it. give us something on top of what we already had. new mechanics is nothing more than a patch for balancing. We dont like it so we have replaced it with somthing else completely. i hope you will love it and if not stick it up your alley anyways.

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

WvW players buy gems all the time for gold and server xfers. Skins are kinda meaningless.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I would like more skins that stand out like ghastly grinning shield.

More armor skins in the gem store that are not outfits so I can mix and match what I purchase.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

How about different perma-skins for siege that you can activate? Think Orrian treb skin.

Larger back flag skins that can be dyed to match guild colors. Think current back flag, but larger/customizable.

Commander tags. I know gems/gold it’s all relative, but conversion ratio is not awesome.

Gonna second permanent ghost tonics.

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

how about the ability to still get your loot bags after you die! And auto pick up loot bags without having to use a aoe loot key.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyo.7369

Kyo.7369

I’ve lately been just buying a ton of gear and sigils+runes and doing weird build combos to roam with from gems→gold.

Thinking of just biting the bullet and investing enough money in gems to buy some legendaries.

Guardian Kyo
Arkham[Ark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Miliko.5480

Miliko.5480

This exists, it’s called permanent bank contract. They only need to fix/implement the ability to use consumables from bank by rightclicking and we’re set.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyo.7369

Kyo.7369

This exists, it’s called permanent bank contract. They only need to fix/implement the ability to use consumables from bank by rightclicking and we’re set.

True, that is annoying af.

Guardian Kyo
Arkham[Ark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I would like minis that are NOT visible to enemy players. The current situation prevents me from bothering with them at all, because I cannot use them during wvw, which is most of my playtime anyways.

Though personally, I think some of OP’s ideas should be made baseline to the game regardless.

This would be great. I’m currently not using minis because they can be seen through stealth in WvW, giving away the location of players when veil bombing etc.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

WvW players already buy gems.

Every time you there are new outfits and other gemstore stuff, you see tons of them in WvW immediately.

In fact WvW players probably buy gems more than your average PvE player since WvW is pretty poor for making gold. Compare this to a PvE player farming in the Silverwastes.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This would be great. I’m currently not using minis because they can be seen through stealth in WvW, giving away the location of players when veil bombing etc.

Yea, that’s honestly really annoying and just leads to people getting annoyed if minis give away locations even when you’re stealthed.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

They could make more money from WvW players if they sell siege skins. Allow people to buy various skins to change how rams, trebs, catas, etc.. look. The last time they surprised us with reskinned siege, it was a hit.

They could also sell things that enhance guild representation. People that play in WvW are very guild oriented, there’s a certain guild pride that is a step above your ordinary PvE guilds. Allow guilds to buy some extra large flags/banners when they claim their keeps/towers. Perma npc guild outfits for guards in a claimed keep/tower. Let guilds buy something that unlocks stealth seeing npc’s for pesky mesmers.

I’ll also buy something that auto loots bags for me. I’d like to enjoy PvP without having to spam loot keys. It’s just an added tedium that’s not needed. You’re merely selling convenience, not power, so it should fit with GW2’s theme.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

An item that allows you to craft 50 sup rams in one click.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Osu.6307

I bid 500 gems for the ability to change characters without going back in the queue. Do I hear 600?

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

If we’re talking gem store related things… Then I like stuff such as finishers, the customizable BP flag we have etc…

Things they need to BRING BACK:

• WvW experience booster (50% boost)

NEW THINGS I would buy:

• Different sized/shaped GUILD BANNER re-skins (larger, more noticeable ones, think of the Road Marker banner etc.. They are tiny and insignificant)
  • SIEGE SKINS (I really liked the ones during Lucky Ram event.. The gold/red color ones. It could act like BF4… when you hop into someone else’s tank it immediately re-skins to the one you chose to display)
  • Alternate color variant of the GUILD FLAG BACK PACK - as we cannot dye back pieces, in regards to the ugly orange/muddy brown stripe on this fabulous back piece, make available ones with different colors such as red, plain white, green etc.
  • More WvW RELATED FINISHERS e.g; have a herd of supply Dolyaks trample your enemy’s corpse would deem amusing
  • With the upcoming H.O.T WvW borderlands map, in regards to the various Keeps (the fire looking one etc) they could make do with selling ARMOR/OUTFIT SKINS related to those or tye in with that theme
  • FOOD/UTILITY FOOD - sell packs of 100, as an example, of standard food that only work and count down whilst being inside any of the WvW borderlands

Things I would like to see IMPLEMENTED/POSSIBLE:

• Make METABOLIC & UTILITY PRIMERS stack up to 24 hours, or sell separate versions as 24 hour ones
  • Mandatory INVISIBLE mini pets + their SFX on enemies (gives away position)

There is probably a lot more but those are just off the top of my mind. I feel certain things should’ve been made baseline anyway such as siege skins possibly having different versions on regular/Superior. Guild Siege already has it’s own unique theme…

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

3) opens loot bags

A Lag Free pass for all bl’s.
A 5m placeholder whenever i Get Dc’d.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Autoloot! Autoloot!

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I would buy an account wide siege bag. Siege skins. And perhaps a few more things i cant think of it atm.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Osu.6307

A 5m placeholder whenever i Get Dc’d.

I’d buy that for a dollar. Don’t know how many times a raid has fallen apart because the commander dc’ed and got stuck in a 30-man queue.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’d buy:

1. An anti-finisher. When you get stomped pop this. Something like a big middle finger. Or a butt farting at you.

2. A new map. Maybe Anet could crowd source new maps for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

This is so true. There are WvW booster, etc. that can be used. Buying wrenches and food, etc.

It is more than just the boosters and the food. It is as if some ppl believe that it is only desirable to buy more storage or loot space or skins when you play pve.

I mostly play wvw and I’ve bought my fair share on the TP. My storage and bag space is maxed and I’ve got quite a few skins and bought quite a few BL keys over the years when the prices were friendlier.

Just look around you in WvW. It is a parade of people showing their skins. Where do you think these people get these fancy hats and quaggan backpacks?