Whats Gunnars Hold wvw like?

in WvW

Posted by: mrcrabcore.2781

mrcrabcore.2781

Hey guys i currently reside on Desolation. I’m tired of constantly being 1st place with no sense of anything to work towards. I want a server i can come command in and make a difference and have something to aim for. So what is Gunnars Hold like from a wvw perspective ( also know every server is a bit quite right now with HoT) Guess i’m looking for a server to have a bit of passion for when i fight. I am open to other suggestions too. I’m not after winning every week but id like to have a fighting chance and work for it. Win because of skill and good commanding not just pure numbers

Glasidria – Asuran Necromancer – Commander ~
Officer Glas – Asuran Guardian ~ Gunnars Hold
Guild – Dark Reavers [DkR]

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Stay away from Gunnars, there are a couple of guilds who leech off others whilst talking kitten behind their backs. Come to Aurora Glade instead.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

Around 10-20 coordinated and experienced pug commanders, frequent scouting messages in chat, a ton of guild fights, good atmosphere, weekly open guild raids. GH is sometimes considered the ‘underdog’ when fighting big blob servers, commanders tend to deal with blobs by outsmarting them instead of bringing more numbers which almost always creates interesting reset nights.

All the facilities are there: community teamspeak with often over 200 players around, community website with shoutbox and forum and a non-representing scouting guild that utilizes HoT multiguild chat.

There have been a few toxic guilds in the past but those have since transfered off to gold league or Aurora Glade where their behaviour belongs.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

(edited by Gunner Morton.8340)

in WvW

Posted by: EternalNub.2078

EternalNub.2078

@OP are u sure u are on Desolation? cause we dont have commander named Glasidria or maybe u lead eotm ? =D

Kikiii
My Elephant Goes[TOOT]
Desolation[EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Seroooo.5837

Seroooo.5837

this gotta be a trollpost : ) but I will still help you : ) I would go SFR myself as they are lacking commanders atm.

I Willdominate U – Commander on desolation – Ultimate Dominator – Da Pain Train

(edited by Seroooo.5837)

in WvW

mrcrabcore.2781

@OP are u sure u are on Desolation? cause we dont have commander named Glasidria or maybe u lead eotm ? =D

im normally on late and i dont command on eb :P

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Bandwagoners went to Aurora Glade so you might wanna pass on that one

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: Bond.4602

Bond.4602

I found Gunnar had strong prime time but was lacking numbers during the other 20 off peak hours. (that was my experience pre hot) Good luck on your decision. Ag has a wide coverage population imo.

If you are thinking gunnars it might be worth checking out their community website.

Skirr
37 WvW kills, R2 PvP and no legendary

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

Guess i’m looking for a server to have a bit of passion for when i fight.

Try Aurora Glade.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

Guess i’m looking for a server to have a bit of passion for when i fight.

Try Aurora Glade.

Only if you enjoy playing with toxic guilds and players or if you are into bandwagon servers.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

AG got wiped by FSP without commander today.
http://www.twitch.tv/chemsorly/v/25944099
Time: 01:32

It doesen’t seem like a server you want to be on. ^^

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Gunnars Hold like from a wvw perspective ( also know every server is a bit quite right now with HoT) Guess i’m looking for a server to have a bit of passion for when i fight.

You are about 2 years late for that, you will find a desolated wasteland in GH. I think the www Golden Age come to an end around late 2013. Now, with this new borderland, is dead like a lost civilization

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

Try Aurora Glade.

Only if you enjoy playing with toxic guilds and players or if you are into bandwagon servers.

As a pug I don’t care much for your guild bickering with KISS or any others, but right now the one who’s being toxic is you. You have two posts in this thread and both of them are toxic. Keep up the good work.

in WvW

Posted by: SovietWalrus.4197

SovietWalrus.4197

I spent three or four months on Aurora Glade as a commander. I can say the first two months I enjoyed, but the amount of infighting between guilds, cancerous map chat rants, teamspeak rants, and just general toxicity drove me away in my final month/two months. You would have people trying to tag over you at certain times, the guild I was in, WIN, lead EB reset, yet nearly everytime someone from two guilds demanded they tag down; despite us following the site rules etc and agreeing it in the meeting, which these two guilds were present in (not gonna guild bash at all here).

You may enjoy Aurora Glade, I know I did for the first two months. Brilliant community at first, but now it has the worst players from SFR on the server. The core of Aurora Glade are some of the nicest people you would ever meet, but the bandwagoners are cancer. I bet there will be toxic salt replies to this, don’t care. I wont be checking this thread.

Gunnars Hold are and continue to be the nicest community I have been in. My main is currently on desolation, and my alt is on Gunnars. I am given a warm welcome when I come onto teamspeak or wvw in game and a warm exit when I leave. There has been no toxicity, no arguments, no lying or backstabbing, no drama, nothing bad has happended in the four months I have been part of their community. Aurora Glade has many of these problems, drama, lying, arguments, cancer.

I have only been on desolation a month so far, but I see no reason why you would want to leave. Deso has a strong community feeling, and friendly atmosphere the majority lf the time.

From a wvw perspective Gunnars is really strong. Fun public raids and wipes are not a regular occurance IMHO. Strong nightcap but lack of players during offpeak hours. Lots of fun guilds on Gunnars, [MM] [COPS] being my favourites. Gunnars is a very passionate server to fight for. Dedication from commanders is amazing.

TL;DR? Don’t go Aurora Glade, or leave Deso. But if you leave Deso, go Gunnars. Best people I know, Purr baby <3

(edited by SovietWalrus.4197)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Gunnars is a server full of roamers – nice people in general. And yeah, whenever we had an argument it has been solved within a minute – the server I have been the longest to – for a reason.
But what they lack is indead PuG commanders.
But if you’re leading don’t wonder if a bunch of them start to chase single enemies, I guess it’s in their blood. So you need a bit of patience as PuG zergs are rather rare.

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

Seriously?!

When KISS left for AG, all the main wvw guilds, who have very rarely worked together before and refused to work with KISS.
ALL of them were queued up in EB just to kill KISS. Not for a very long time did GH have a 50+ man queue for a map!

If that isnt drama I dont know what is

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Seriously?!

When KISS left for AG, all the main wvw guilds, who have very rarely worked together before and refused to work with KISS.
ALL of them were queued up in EB just to kill KISS. Not for a very long time did GH have a 50+ man queue for a map!

If that isnt drama I dont know what is

It was just fun to get a shot on ya guys thats all ;p

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Seriously?!

We had a queue to EB each and every night because a 60 man guild without tag raided there.

in WvW

Posted by: Brocktanor.1794

Brocktanor.1794

You could also come have a look at RoF, I feel there is a new spirit from the community atm that is willing to progress in WvW.

Yesterday were losing hard point-wise. Today the guild I’m in (that transfered from AG a HoT start) decided to give everything and we (with the help of other guilds when needed) managed to cap en secure a lot in Borderlands. At the moment of writing those lines we are at 370 points per tick while this morning we were at less than 100 points per tick. It feels great to see that effort as a guild have an impact on the server as a whole.

Number-wise we are not in advantage but we have quite a lot of good players and manage to win fights when massively outnumbered.

Good luck in finding THE server that suits you!

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

EotM have best community. Go there.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

EotM have best community. Go there.

lmao, it’s true. They even more organised than WvW

in WvW

mrcrabcore.2781

I spent three or four months on Aurora Glade as a commander. I can say the first two months I enjoyed, but the amount of infighting between guilds, cancerous map chat rants, teamspeak rants, and just general toxicity drove me away in my final month/two months. You would have people trying to tag over you at certain times, the guild I was in, WIN, lead EB reset, yet nearly everytime someone from two guilds demanded they tag down; despite us following the site rules etc and agreeing it in the meeting, which these two guilds were present in (not gonna guild bash at all here).

You may enjoy Aurora Glade, I know I did for the first two months. Brilliant community at first, but now it has the worst players from SFR on the server. The core of Aurora Glade are some of the nicest people you would ever meet, but the bandwagoners are cancer. I bet there will be toxic salt replies to this, don’t care. I wont be checking this thread.

Gunnars Hold are and continue to be the nicest community I have been in. My main is currently on desolation, and my alt is on Gunnars. I am given a warm welcome when I come onto teamspeak or wvw in game and a warm exit when I leave. There has been no toxicity, no arguments, no lying or backstabbing, no drama, nothing bad has happended in the four months I have been part of their community. Aurora Glade has many of these problems, drama, lying, arguments, cancer.

I have only been on desolation a month so far, but I see no reason why you would want to leave. Deso has a strong community feeling, and friendly atmosphere the majority lf the time.

From a wvw perspective Gunnars is really strong. Fun public raids and wipes are not a regular occurance IMHO. Strong nightcap but lack of players during offpeak hours. Lots of fun guilds on Gunnars, [MM] [COPS] being my favourites. Gunnars is a very passionate server to fight for. Dedication from commanders is amazing.

TL;DR? Don’t go Aurora Glade, or leave Deso. But if you leave Deso, go Gunnars. Best people I know, Purr baby <3

love you reply thank you! I used to be apart of MM so i kno how cool them guys are. The main reason i want to leave deso is i want something to work for in wvw. Knowing we will always win is boring to me. I want a challenge

(edited by mrcrabcore.2781)

in WvW

mrcrabcore.2781

You could also come have a look at RoF, I feel there is a new spirit from the community atm that is willing to progress in WvW.

Yesterday were losing hard point-wise. Today the guild I’m in (that transfered from AG a HoT start) decided to give everything and we (with the help of other guilds when needed) managed to cap en secure a lot in Borderlands. At the moment of writing those lines we are at 370 points per tick while this morning we were at less than 100 points per tick. It feels great to see that effort as a guild have an impact on the server as a whole.

Number-wise we are not in advantage but we have quite a lot of good players and manage to win fights when massively outnumbered.

Good luck in finding THE server that suits you!

Man thats what i want. I remember the days i used to go to sleep after capping the map and our points ticking high then the excitement and motivation i had when i awoke an was we was being out capped again! Man i was right on there gathering up player to defend our server! Thats what i miss and want again. I just dont get that feeling with deso

in WvW

mrcrabcore.2781

Im torn between GH and RoF now :/

in WvW

mrcrabcore.2781

Gunnars is a server full of roamers – nice people in general. And yeah, whenever we had an argument it has been solved within a minute – the server I have been the longest to – for a reason.
But what they lack is indead PuG commanders.
But if you’re leading don’t wonder if a bunch of them start to chase single enemies, I guess it’s in their blood. So you need a bit of patience as PuG zergs are rather rare.

pug commanding is what i want to do!

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

gunnars is awesome, but we lack commanders, and offpeak presence ;p

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Brocktanor.1794

Brocktanor.1794

I’ve sent you an IG mail with some people you might want to speak to on RoF server. They will answer any question about the server WvW wise.
Go speak to GH peeps IG too!
Gather all the information you can on both servers in order to make an advised decision!

Cheers

(edited by Brocktanor.1794)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

we have a server called gunners hold?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Jana.6831

Gunnar’s Hold – on EU, yes.

ETA: Gunnar is a nordic male forename.

in WvW

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

love you reply thank you! I used to be apart of MM so i kno how cool them guys are. The main reason i want to leave deso is i want something to work for in wvw. Knowing we will always win is boring to me. I want a challenge

Man thats what i want. I remember the days i used to go to sleep after capping the map and our points ticking high then the excitement and motivation i had when i awoke an was we was being out capped again! Man i was right on there gathering up player to defend our server! Thats what i miss and want again. I just dont get that feeling with deso

I don’t get it, you want to leave Deso because you know (think!) you’ll always win and there’s no challenge in it, yet you also want to continue night capping and PVD ?
What ?

The vast vast vast majority of the WvW community on Deso agreed in multiple weekly meetings (did you ever attend ? They’re open to all, not just guild leaders/commanders/officers) to not care whatsoever about PPT and we do NOT care about stupid PVD or night capping.
Even the usual night cappers on Deso will stop night capping if there’s no enemies coming to defend anything, there’s just no point.

Hell, even this last reset on Saturday a vast bulk, actually the whole of the open raid on EB decided to go EOTM instead to try get fights (bags really, let’s be honest here, we got hundreds of them!) because we were getting nothing in EB and nobody wanted to do stupid PVD – so we all went and wiped the SFR karma trains in EOTM over and over, Thanks FSB for all the bags !

We don’t care about ratings, we don’t care about being number 1, we don’t care about PVD and we don’t care about night capping. We just want fights and bags, lots of bags. Not doors, thank you.

If you want PPT, night capping and PVD, Desolation is NOT the server for you – may I suggest any American server instead, they still actually believe PPT and face rubbing doors means something.

The WvW community on Deso also agreed to intentionally tank for weeks just to force a drop in rankings and get rid of PPT PVD heroes from the server, which worked for the most part and many have left.
Maybe you weren’t around for that part.

It just sounds like you want the PPT and PVD game, you won’t get that on Deso ever again. Actually you probably won’t get that on any EU server these days at all, it’s an NA server for you lad, Yaks Bend still open !

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Gunnar’s Hold – on EU, yes.

ETA: Gunnar is a nordic male forename.

And Gunnar is a norn who owns that Hold

(Gunnar Poundfist is the master of Gunnar’s Hold, as well as a hero armorer.)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Some random dude thinks that he can dictate how server plays. Deso have so much f2p players that they are real community now. If they wanna PPT they will PPT.

in WvW

ballymun.3986

Some random dude thinks that he can dictate how server plays. Deso have so much f2p players that they are real community now. If they wanna PPT they will PPT.

Says the guy whose not even aware his own server (SFR) are intentionally tanking to get rid of PPT PVD players like him.

No dictating either, I’m just a player who participates in the community, of which democratically voted in vast numbers in multiple meetings not to PPT PVD and give a care about Anets stupid PVD ranking system.

How is SFR these days ? EOTM server.

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Piken Square could also use some new commanders :-)
We are a friendly community with ts, weekly server meetings, community forum and a lively shoutbox. We also have a community guild that functions for cross-map communication between scouts and commanders and can provide siege if necessary.

Here’s an excerpt from the server introduction on our forums:

Back in the days of the Guild Wars 2 release our beloved Piken was colonized mainly by Scandinavians; as time went by our cultural heritage grew and now we are a strong knit, friendly and open-minded Community from all over Europe.

In World versus World, Piken Square is – and always has been – the population underdog; fighting the giants with respect, pride, honour, power, fun and success. As Piken is a guild-based Server, it has been the origin and the home of some of the most well-known and most successful WvW Guilds in Guild Wars 2.

Our dreaded Guilds run Raids on the Borderlands and on the Eternal Battlegrounds, always looking for fights, as we prefer fighting to playing for points. However, not only are our Guilds dangerous, our scouts and roamers bring the fights to the enemy with such malice, many flee in shear terror.

As guild-based as Piken is, the Community of Piken Square plays and stands together. We are constantly communicating here on our forums, on our Teamspeak Server and ingame, to simply give our all for Piken. Everyone has his or her voice on Piken and so everyone is welcome to our weekly Community Meeting to spread and discuss ideas and thoughts

Some might say Piken is archaic in our honourable attitude and… yes, yes we are! We respect our friends and foes by constantly aiming for fair fights and to not interrupt open field-fights, scrims, GvGs and duels of other Pikeneers. We try to act as good sportsmen, staying fair and friendly and having fun in the competition of fighting other like-minded people. Piken has a fair number Guilds, so everyone is more than welcome to find a new crew, no matter if GvGing, Raiding, Smallscaling or Roaming is the personal preference, Piken offers everything.

Looking forward to fight alongside you or to fight you as a foe,

The Piken Square Community

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

No idea how SFR is. I have played only PvE and EotM after EotM launch.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

This is an example of how welcoming Gunnars Hold is:

People on servers we’re fighting are given a warm welcome in the public TS channels (as in open to all, no verification needed) asked how they’re doing and not treated with suspicion or hounded off of TS. Usually they’re just there to organise fights between our pugmanders, a lot of respect is given both ways and no drama comes from it.

They have a great community, reset raids open to all, drunk raids, pirate raids, Halloween raids, you name the special occasion and there will usually be people up for it.

Gunnars Hold does need pug commanders, when people get used to you tagging up you’ll find you can create a 50 man queue on maps. We usually have players but not usually the commanders to organise them.

in WvW

Buy Some Apples.6390

You should check again, you need API verification :P

in WvW

mrcrabcore.2781

yeah its become pretty clear to me that deso is not the server i wanted it to be. And ye i did actually come back from NA recently an i enjoyed how they did wvw wayy more but im not abandoning my guild

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You should check again, you need API verification :P

Not for all the channels just the closed WvW channels. There are plenty of channels you don’t need the API for.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Gunnar’s is a server worth fighting for. It made me get up at 4am at some point just to take 2nd place off FSP in season 2. I stood there at the cannon waiting for their pvd zerg to hit our hills.. gave those kitteners a 1 hour fight untill the 4 of us had no shells left, but stopped them from taking any other keeps because dawn was coming and with it GH was coming alive again. Never thought i would get up in the middle of the night for an mmorpg competition but there i was for Gunnar’s Hold. Now that i’ve quit the game with HoT i’m still looking at the ticks and forum chat every day and feel like a deserter Gunnar’s isnt for crybabies and people who want to get carried by offpeak pvd.. GH fights with teeth and claw for their place in silver and many a foe have praised us for the enjoyment we deliver. Not only to ourselves, but also to our enemies.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

ballymun.3986

yeah its become pretty clear to me that deso is not the server i wanted it to be. And ye i did actually come back from NA recently an i enjoyed how they did wvw wayy more but im not abandoning my guild

I guess not then. TC was always more of a back capping full on PVD server with tons of really really bad players too. Apart from ZoG and whatever guild he was running, the server was/is terrible and the worst kind of PPT PVD hero server, a scourge on NA and only hanging in there now due to it’s PVD heroes still face rubbing doors.

Enjoy Gunnar’s regardless, say hi to Flanagan, nicest guy on the server