Whats a "Good" Server to go to?

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

*Good= Does not mean always winning. I just want to find a solid server with low/no ques or insane lag.

I am currently on Piken Square and while i LOVE the fights. The zerg fights are alot of fun, the solo fights are alot of fun and the small group fights are a lot of fun. However what isnt so good is the insane ques upwards of 1-2 hours and the lag can be pretty insane as well with skills taking upwards of 10-15seconds to just cast some times.

Weekdays i will normally play Between 9-11am and then from about 8pm til 12am while i am mostly free to play when ever on the weekends, this is UK time. Can anyone recommend a good server (*)

To me, the league system wont really bother me so i dont mind dropping down a few tiers or what ever – i just want some fun fights without the ques (or to much) and without the insane lag. For zergs it will be nice if they were a bit more balanced (unlike my old server)

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

NSP has been a blast for me. No queues, and lots of roaming fun for the whole family. We have have a great commander named Bird Song that is a total blast to play with as well. Give him a whisper, he can give you a good idea of what the server is like during your prime time.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

Staying in EU time zone servers or are you wanting to come to the Americas? If America is a choice Crystal Desert would love to have you.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Shunt.6254

Shunt.6254

Maguuma = fights = no queues.

Maguuma
– Arc [VR]
– GvG us!

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

NSP has been a blast for me. No queues, and lots of roaming fun for the whole family. We have have a great commander named Bird Song that is a total blast to play with as well. Give him a whisper, he can give you a good idea of what the server is like during your prime time.

Is that Northern Shiverpeaks? are the matches always as close as they are now? That is the kind of match up i am looking for – Not one where you are crushed every week or one where you are so easily winning you kinda think whats the point.

Not to sure about US though, with the location and everything.

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

T2/3 NA is a good choice for this, however I’d go with T3 just so you can avoid ridiculous match up against T1 when league start. Haven’t play in EU, so nothing to say there.

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

come to ioj we got decent coverage for a tier no ques, lots of solo roaming, zerg battles, and a friendly community.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Probably any server with little to no Que that accomidates your play time, I’m not sure what times EU translates to in NA. But, asking which is a good server … you had to realize every poster is going to tell you their server is a good one.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Um, by definition going to a server is going to increase that server’s que times and lag…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Probably any server with little to no Que that accomidates your play time, I’m not sure what times EU translates to in NA. But, asking which is a good server … you had to realize every poster is going to tell you their server is a good one.

I won’t. I love my server, but by definition of what OP is asking for…

what server in NA fights, and only looks for fights?

I’d send em to Mags. They fight, in game, on forums and love it with little expectation or care about if they log in later they will have nothing, but own everythign by end of night.

They fight everything under the sun, and if no one is there to fight, they will fight eachother. Fights are to be had with mags

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Any NA from T2 down would be good. Possibly even T1 but I don’t know personally how impacted thier EU coverage is. IMO you wouldn’t want anything lower than T3, other have mentioned good servers and they are like NSP but your play times would mean you are pretty much PvDing.

For coverage times T3 or lower are going to be really quiet for your time. For example, SoS has lots NA offtime and you will go against more servers with a better chance of similar coverage. So for a EU clock queues should be few on NA servers.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Seems to be quite a lot of love for the US servers. Might have to have a look and see what they are like. Though the distance and latency are a bit of a worry

in WvW

Posted by: Bantha.6453

Bantha.6453

I won’t. I love my server, but by definition of what OP is asking for…

what server in NA fights, and only looks for fights?

I’d send em to Mags. They fight, in game, on forums and love it with little expectation or care about if they log in later they will have nothing, but own everythign by end of night.

They fight everything under the sun, and if no one is there to fight, they will fight eachother. Fights are to be had with mags

That’s Maguuma!

We have some UK’ers on Mag try guesting over and see what they say.

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Seems to be quite a lot of love for the US servers. Might have to have a look and see what they are like. Though the distance and latency are a bit of a worry

Pretty sure it’s not that much of a latency difference as the hardware for both sit in the US.

in WvW

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

Maguuma!!! :P Less lag → great community → not bad in WvW either!

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Yak’s Bend or as it’s called “The Evil Empire” is a great WvW Server, we have very skilled and talented Commanders, we’re fun to play with and would love more skilled players to run with.

So JOIN Yak’s Bend, TODAY!!!

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i play from EU on IOJ, doing fine here, latency isn’t an issue really
- no queues outside small q on reset
- public server TS
- commander guilds, commander meetings etc.
- server actively supports wvw by participating, donating sieg/mats to commander guild etc.
- few big and small wvw guilds focused either on massive defense, zerg busts, helping karma train, ninja teams/roaming
- GvG, fight club
- decent oceanic coverage = people that play in simialr times as EU (from own experience)

despite us beng not top server we put up some fight vs SBI, rolled over NSP :P, winning vs CD and BP currently XD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

This thread seems way to big for a recruitment thread for 1 person… buncha try hards up in here.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

This thread seems way to big for a recruitment thread for 1 person… buncha try hards up in here.

i wasn’t recruiting, i was just saying my personal exp as EU person on NA server, i can’t leave much feedback on other servers, as i only played on DH and IOJ and i certanly wouldn’t suggest going to DH right now as it is dead wvw wise

besides i am sure other people read this thread as well so i am guessing people recruit so maybe other players will consider moving to those servers

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

if u are fearless come to a t2 server;-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I got a guildie that is my roaming partner that lives in england, we are both on Crystal Desert, he has never had any issues with latency at all. On Crystal Desert we have some great fights, big fights if you feel like zergin, medium skirmishes, zerg busting groups for easy bag farming, roamers for those 1v1’s 2v2’s, friendly community, community teamspeak, community website, community events, you name it we got it. We would love to have ya.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Is that Northern Shiverpeaks? are the matches always as close as they are now? That is the kind of match up i am looking for – Not one where you are crushed every week or one where you are so easily winning you kinda think whats the point.

Not to sure about US though, with the location and everything.

We tend to have pretty close match ups except when we get blasted by SBI, or if a the bottom tear servers decide to take a week off.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

ArmageddonAsh,

Come join me on IoJ. I’m here with SIC, who only looks for fights (we have a UK member), and we’ve got a small NERF group going here now, perfect for an engineer like yourself (although timezones might be different). My mesmer friends from FAUX transferred here recently too.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

if u are fearless come to a t2 server;-)

“Fearless” means what, exactly? You’re already whining because you’re getting stomped in your current matchup to the point that most of you have run off to PvE. “Fearless”? Yeah…..