Whats a good server to play on?

in WvW

Posted by: Perfecthair.4190

Perfecthair.4190

Q:

Hey there, i want to roll on a server that has a lot of people leveling up in the community and a server that is thriving in wvw and not getting stomped on. Anyone have any suggestions? I’m on jade quarry at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Jade Quarry. Are you new?

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Isn’t JQ T1? How are they not thriving? Are you looking for a server that wins all the time?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

WvW points pretty much show how much coverage during a 24/7 period.

Even though some servers have good coverage and a large amount of points, doesn’t mean they are any good. They can still get stomped on, they just PvDoor more.

T1 has zergs. You will get skill lag in many large fights until ANet works out a solution. JQ has the best population coverage during the week. Probably have a longer queue wait than any other server. If you really want to believe points mean something, you’ll want to go to this server.

Middle tiers have smaller fights, they still have zergs, just not a full maps with a queue like T1 has. Lower you go, the smaller the zerg is likely to be on various maps. Not saying they can’t fill a map full, just not going to have all maps full with a queue like T1. These servers are also lacking population during off NA times…I assumed you were looking for NA since you are on JQ, euro server may be a fun change of fights…so if you go to a server that doesn’t have any coverage during noon to 5p and and one of the other servers has a small guild that plays during that time, you will probably come back to a map that is all one color that isn’t yours. Your serer could also be doing that but during other time zones.

T8, well, I know I’ve seen weekly posts about the woes of T8. I don’t play there so I don’t know beyond the various threads. Usually has to do with one server stomping the other two and they are bored with it.

In a nutshell, various tiers really reflect the overall population that plays WvW during the weekly matchups. Score doesn’t really reflect the quality of the players on the servers unless we can prove that the populations were all equal at every moment of the match. ANet doesn’t release that kind of data.

Now, I don’t understand why you think JQ is getting stomped on or not thriving. What kind of fighting are you looking for beyond not getting stomped on?

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Its not ebay

IMHO go to maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SuicideByTaco.5408

SuicideByTaco.5408

me i would go for the original power house HOD

HoD Ninja Commander
ASTC
Dementess 80 Mesmer/ Payneless 80 guardian/ Nhymphess 80 thief/ Enamoress 80 ele

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Any server that has settled in their respective tier is a good choice. What time zone do you play in?

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

T2 oceanic or T3 NA.